Dental Hygienist Jobs Forum

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.

Current Discussions (1271) - Start a Discussion

voyons5 in Vancouver, British Columbia

Updated 14 months ago

HUGE DROP IN WAGES FOR RDH IN BC + IF THIS IS A WAKE UP CALL FOR THE BC HYGIENISTS TO FOR A UNION ? - 95 Replies

THERE ARE NO JOBS IN BC AT ALL ESPECIALLY IN THE LOWER MAINLAND AREA OR SOME DDS ARE OFFERING ONLY $32-$35/HOUR FOR 1 or 2 DAYS/WEEK PART TIME....

exp in Massachusetts

Updated 14 months ago

Commission VS Hourly Wage - 104 Replies

I have been practicing dental hygiene for just about 1 year now. I am currently making an hourly wage however I just got word that the dentist I...

Kara in Edmonton, Alberta

Updated 14 months ago

Wages in Edmonton and Calgary - 82 Replies

anyone know what current wages for a new grad dental hygienist is in Edmonton and Calgary?

Ana RDH in San Marcos, California

Updated 14 months ago

How long is the process to get the FL license. I'm already licensed in NJ - 1 Reply

Hi! I'm an RDH in NJ and trying to get licensed in FL. Does anyone know how long the process takes? I'm sending the application this week. I need...

exp in Massachusetts

Updated 14 months ago

Regency Dental Hygiene Academy OR Canadian Academy of Dental Hygiene - 9 Replies

Hello. Just got accepted from both RDHA and CADH. I was just wondering which school is better? I've listed some pro's and con's in both school...

exp in Massachusetts

Updated 15 months ago

Foreign dentist - 1 Reply

I'm living in tampa now and I would like to work as a DH here. Where do I start ? I am a foreign trained dentist. Can somebody tell what do I need to...

exp in Massachusetts

Updated 15 months ago

Dental Hygiene, Is it worth it? - 4 Replies

Hey all, I am currently a Freshman at a University working towards a degree in Human Biology to become a PA. Right now child support covers nearly...

LongTimeRRDH in Toronto, Ontario

Updated 15 months ago

Restorative Hygienist Ontario Salary - 5 Replies

I will be graduating from a restorative Hygiene program this spring and am wondering what the average salary is in Ontario, Canada. I understand...

Isabella in Miami, Florida

NERB

I need to know what's the difference between NERB and NBDHE to get the license in Florida as Dental Hygienist, wich one of this exams have I to take?...

Isabella in Miami, Florida

Dental Hygienist

I would appreciate so much if somebody help me with my preparation for NBDHE, I have been looking for Dental Hygienist Decks from ADA, is a box with...

PG in the Bay in San Francisco, California

Updated 15 months ago

ANYONE know anything about Chabot's RDH program? Applied there, went there, etc?? - 5 Replies

Hi, I was just wondering if Chabots RDH program is anygood? Was looking at their application process and point assesment formula-the max amount of...

VMK Chicago,IL in Chicago, Illinois

Foreign graduated dentist wants to enter in UIC ? Please help.

Hello everyone.I have a foreign dentistry degree and I'm making my mind to start studding for Toefl and Part 1 and 2.I tried to find a job as a...

V in Chicago,IL in Chicago, Illinois

DENTRIX Software courses in Chicago area ???

Hi.I live in Chicago and I am a foreign trained dentist.I would like u to write me if u have some information about Dentrix software courses in...

kimberleee88 in Alameda, California

WREB vs. California State Board [Dental Hygiene]

Hi. I wanted to know if anyone has taken WREB? I'm asking because I took the California clinical state board last October and unfortunately did not...

still retired in Texas

Updated 15 months ago

Attention Hygienists - 1 Reply

I am asking for fellow hygienist to contribute to an article I am writing to submit to various media outlets. I am a fellow hygienist sick of working...

Danmicsha3 in Vincentown, New Jersey

LA study guide

Could someone please email study guide for LA NERB ,taking in near future. Thank you so much. cm405@comcast.net

Beth Seda in Franklin, Tennessee

Updated 15 months ago

Remington College Dental Hygiene? - 4 Replies

Before I ramble on and on, is Remington College a good college for dental hygiene to learn how to become a dental hygienist? Like, would a dentist...

RDHCJ in Boston, Massachusetts

Updated 16 months ago

Getting adult patients to do a fluoride treatment - 4 Replies

Okay, yes I do make commission, but I'm a firm believer in fl2. I use a fluoride rinse daily. However, I'm having a difficult time getting patients...

Updated 16 months ago

Should I get in this field? - 5 Replies

I am thinking about going back to school and becoming a hygenist. Is it worth it? Forbes ranks it pretty high and they pay seems good. I have someone...

Updated 16 months ago

Selective Polishing - 1 Reply

Does anyone actually practice selective polishing?

Holly in Orem, Utah

Updated 16 months ago

Private Schools Being Shut Down in Ontario - 9 Replies

Just a quick update as to what is happening in the Province of Ontario. As of 2010, there were 39 programs in Ontario---they have now shut down 10...

Danielle in Tuscaloosa, Alabama

Updated 16 months ago

Practicing Hygiene without a LICENSE?!?!!! - 172 Replies

Is there any way I can practice Dental Hygiene without a clinical examination? I took CRDTS recently and barely didn't pass. Does anybody know if...

exp in Massachusetts

Updated 16 months ago

Dental Hygiene school - 58 Replies

Hi, I'm finishing up my prereq classes this spring (micro and my last chem class). I'm applying to schools for fall '09. Most of the prereq classes...

italia in Moreno Valley, California

Updated 16 months ago

International Dentist wants to attend in Dental hygienist school - 1 Reply

Hi everyone.I have a dentist's degree for Europe and I was wondering if someone has an experience or has an information what do I need,how long it's...

Updated 16 months ago

Dh license suspended - 4 Replies

We have a hygienist in our practice that had her License suspended 18 mos ago. Come to find out its because She didn't pay off her student loans. ...

steph in Laurel, Maryland

Updated 16 months ago

Dental Hygienist - 10 Replies

I was thinking about become a dental hygienist but i wanted to do research before i entered a field. On indeed the number of jobs for Dental...

Updated 16 months ago

What happens if your dental hygiene license is expired? - 6 Replies

Do you have to pay extra to renew it?

Updated 16 months ago

I resigned today. - 6 Replies

Today was the last day to renew registration with the CDHO in Ontario for 2013. It was with a heavy heart, that instead of selecting 'renew' on the...

Updated 16 months ago

Dental Hygiene School - 2 Replies

It took me a long time to decide what I wanted to do with my life. I bounced around between a few majors and have been a non-traditional student...

Updated 16 months ago

Real job outlook please! - 1 Reply

I would love to see just how many people really have a job out there? The data is still showing a demand in the job market and the schools are still...

Updated 16 months ago

Dental Hygiene basic instruments - 10 Replies

Hello all RDH's! I am in school to become a RDH and I want to start saving up for my instruments for boards. I'd like to buy one instrument at a...

Updated 16 months ago

worried about future RDH employment - 4 Replies

I graduated in 2008 with my BS in dental hygiene. I love the field. But most of my employment has been through temp agencies. I am also a military...

Updated 16 months ago

Dental Hygiene/assistant stupid question - 3 Replies

This may seem like a dumb question. I am considering this field but I know with a lot of offices for doctors etc you have to look healthy etc. My...

Updated 16 months ago

Dental hygiene colleagues need your feedback - 8 Replies

A situation happened today and I need your opinion. I have worked for this doctor for over two years. I'm the model hygienist with many years under...

pat parkes in Callander, Ontario

Updated 17 months ago

fluoride varnishes - 3 Replies

Hi everyone, this is kind of off topic in this forum but I was just wondering if anyone knows of a good fluoride varnish. Im looking for one with a...

LIRDH in Waconia, Minnesota

Updated 17 months ago

Job Outlook for DH in Minnesota - 2 Replies

So, after reading many comments here about the downfall of DH. I am scared. I'm applying for a 4 years DH program at University of Minnesota. I...

DH Fan in Edmonton, Alberta

Updated 17 months ago

Dental Hygiene Interview Questions for College - 393 Replies

I am going for an interview next week in Orem, UT to Utah College of Dental Hygiene and need some help. I would like to know what questions might be...

Consuela RDH in South Bend, Indiana

WREB Clinical Hygiene Boards

Could someone give me some pointers on what type of patient is acceptable for the WREB Clinical Hygiene exam? I'm afraid I'm going to fail due to not...

HappygirlinCanada in Puerto Vallarta, Mexico

Updated 17 months ago

Local anestheic at university of manitoa - 6 Replies

I was wondering if anyone has taken the local anesthetic course at the U of M. In Canada? What is the course like, and what was the exam like? I am...

RDH in Los Angeles, California

Moving from CA to NY License by Endorsement??

Planning on moving from CA(I took the CA state board not the WREB) to NY. Anyone here have experience in getting your license through endorsement in...

exp in Massachusetts

Why do you believe the Govt/BLS/an online articles as to employment as an RDH?

They are NOT in our field....on another note , the schools really don't care if you obtain employment or not as long as their programs...

exp in Massachusetts

Updated 17 months ago

Taking FL board this coming may 2013 - 1 Reply

I'm taking the DH FL board this coming may and I have just recently moved here from out of state. I wanted to know if anyone has taken this board...

Tea 4 two in Montreal, Quebec

Updated 18 months ago

Canadian hygienist moving to California - 2 Replies

Hi, I've been practicing dental hygiene for two years now in Toronto, and I have a permanent resident card for the US. I am planning on moving back...

exp in Massachusetts

Updated 18 months ago

Is it worth it to become a dental hygienist? - 8 Replies

I have a BS in biology and am currently attending my first semester for a master's (as a non-matriculated student) in biomedical sciences. My...

MRDH in Valencia, California

Updated 18 months ago

california out of state licensure - 132 Replies

Does anyone know anything about the soft tissue curettage course that is req'd by California? or can offer any advice about getting my license in...

JessicaRDH in Bremerton, Washington

Updated 18 months ago

What does a competitive application for dental hygiene school look like? - 4 Replies

I've volunteered as an admin assistant at a low-income dental clinic and would really love to become a hygienist. However, I'm concerned that I won't...

Jessica in Bremerton, Washington

Updated 18 months ago

Dental Hygiene Hurts! - 1 Reply

Does anyone have any suggestions on a good disibility coverage for dental hygienist. Since dental hygiene is like a "slow motion car wreck" i think...

Jessica in Bremerton, Washington

UNM, ODU, USC, and USD grads?

Hey, everyone! I'm trying to scope out opinions on the University of New Mexico, Old Dominion, University of Southern California, and University...

steph in Silver Spring, Maryland

Updated 18 months ago

Hygienist jobs in Washington DC area - 1 Reply

My husband has worked as a dental hygienist for nearly 9 years. Two years ago, his dentist retired and he lost his job. He has worked off and on...

futuredentalhygienist in Mississauga, Ontario

Updated 18 months ago

Dental Hygiene no jobs - 18 Replies

I'm taking this moment to vent my frustrations. I have done everything to get through dental hygiene school and am very proud of the hard work I put...

Page: « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next »

What's great about where you work? If you could change one thing about your job, what would it be? Got a question? Share the best and worst about what you do and where you work by joining a discussion or starting your own.

RSS Feed Icon Subscribe to this forum as an RSS feed.

» Sign in or create an account to start a discussion.