Dental Hygienist Jobs Forum

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.

Current Discussions (1281) - Start a Discussion

HappygirlinCanada in Puerto Vallarta, Mexico

Updated 20 months ago

Local anestheic at university of manitoa - 6 Replies

I was wondering if anyone has taken the local anesthetic course at the U of M. In Canada? What is the course like, and what was the exam like? I am...

RDH in Los Angeles, California

Moving from CA to NY License by Endorsement??

Planning on moving from CA(I took the CA state board not the WREB) to NY. Anyone here have experience in getting your license through endorsement in...

exp in Massachusetts

Why do you believe the Govt/BLS/an online articles as to employment as an RDH?

They are NOT in our field....on another note , the schools really don't care if you obtain employment or not as long as their programs...

exp in Massachusetts

Updated 20 months ago

Taking FL board this coming may 2013 - 1 Reply

I'm taking the DH FL board this coming may and I have just recently moved here from out of state. I wanted to know if anyone has taken this board...

Tea 4 two in Montreal, Quebec

Updated 20 months ago

Canadian hygienist moving to California - 2 Replies

Hi, I've been practicing dental hygiene for two years now in Toronto, and I have a permanent resident card for the US. I am planning on moving back...

exp in Massachusetts

Updated 21 months ago

Is it worth it to become a dental hygienist? - 6 Replies

I have a BS in biology and am currently attending my first semester for a master's (as a non-matriculated student) in biomedical sciences. My...

MRDH in Valencia, California

Updated 21 months ago

california out of state licensure - 132 Replies

Does anyone know anything about the soft tissue curettage course that is req'd by California? or can offer any advice about getting my license in...

JessicaRDH in Bremerton, Washington

Updated 21 months ago

What does a competitive application for dental hygiene school look like? - 4 Replies

I've volunteered as an admin assistant at a low-income dental clinic and would really love to become a hygienist. However, I'm concerned that I won't...

Jessica in Bremerton, Washington

Updated 21 months ago

Dental Hygiene Hurts! - 1 Reply

Does anyone have any suggestions on a good disibility coverage for dental hygienist. Since dental hygiene is like a "slow motion car wreck" i think...

Jessica in Bremerton, Washington

UNM, ODU, USC, and USD grads?

Hey, everyone! I'm trying to scope out opinions on the University of New Mexico, Old Dominion, University of Southern California, and University...

steph in Silver Spring, Maryland

Updated 21 months ago

Hygienist jobs in Washington DC area - 1 Reply

My husband has worked as a dental hygienist for nearly 9 years. Two years ago, his dentist retired and he lost his job. He has worked off and on...

David Zee in Thornhill, Ontario

APLUS INSTITUTE ARE THIEVES, FRAUD ARTISTS, AND SCAMMERS! BE VERY CAREFUL

This serves a warning to all dental hygiene students. APLUS Institute in Toronto are thieves, fraud artists, and scammers! Do NOT go there! They...

BR in Fort Worth, Texas

Updated 21 months ago

Dental Hygiene @ Sanford Brown in Dallas (or anywhere really) - 1 Reply

Does anyone have any experience with the dental hygiene program and SBI in Dallas?

SUSAN in Chicago, Illinois

Updated 21 months ago

Anesthesia certification in Indiana - 12 Replies

Does anyone know when or where the classes for anesthesia certification will start? IN is so far behind times. I was on the federal site USAJOBS...

lilly5 in Hamilton, Bermuda

Updated 21 months ago

question about dental hygiene school - 4 Replies

Hi everyone, I'm planning to study dental hygiene programm in toronto. I chose Regency and A plus, but I don't know which one is better. (I heard...

don in Lucan, Ontario

dental hygiene portfolio audits

I am currently completing my portfolio for audit and was wondering if anyone has any experience being audited or tips for creating goal statements. ...

Tina in Vancouver, British Columbia

Updated 21 months ago

Temp Agencies in BC? - 14 Replies

Hello Again, Would anyone be able to rhyme off some great temp agencies to work for? I know its slow right now, but I figured might as well give...

exp in Massachusetts

Updated 21 months ago

DH School and Affordability - 8 Replies

I am just looking for some advise or consensus from those that are either already in the program or have completed the program within the last year...

EmilyRDH in Anchorage, Alaska

Updated 22 months ago

CRDTS Certification for Hawaii - 2 Replies

I was wondering if it is worth it to take the CRDTS to try to be licensed in Hawaii. I have WREB certification and Local Anesthesia but would need to...

Daynah04 in Windsor, Ontario

Updated 22 months ago

Admissions Test - 8 Replies

I've applied for CADH and they've contacted me to set up a date for my exam.. only problem is I'm fresh out of high school and have just less than...

exp in Massachusetts

Updated 22 months ago

Listings ith no name of who they are, but want YOUR resume...wise to send your info? - 3 Replies

NO...IMHO, since ID theft people seem to be able to use the smallest amount of info. these days. Also, WHY won't they say who they are? Are they an...

Unemployed Paralegal in Denver, Colorado

Updated 22 months ago

NYU direct admit Dental Hygiene Program - 4 Replies

I am currently a senior in high school and I am planning on pursuing a career in dental hygiene. I have my heart set on attending New York University...

Bob in Charlotte, North Carolina

Updated 23 months ago

Herpes - 2 Replies

I was recently in for a dental appointment, i had a cold sore on my lip. They said they couldnt see me. why is that?

Plakattaka in Aurora, Ontario

Updated 23 months ago

Tips on finding dental hygiene patients! - 3 Replies

Hey everyone! I'm currently in my 2nd year of hygiene school in Salt Lake City, UT and I'm struggling to find patients. I've posted a lot of online...

RDHCJ in Boston, Massachusetts

Updated 23 months ago

Career Advice - 2 Replies

I'm all set to attend the Fones School of Dental Hygiene for the Fall 2012 semester. However, after reading the comments on this forum and speaking...

RDHCJ in Boston, Massachusetts

Updated 23 months ago

Your Exposure to Infectious Diseases at Work - 5 Replies

How concerned are you about being exposed to pathogenic bacteria and viruses during your workdays? Do you take any extra precautions (in addition...

RDHCJ in Marlborough, Massachusetts

Updated 23 months ago

Is the dental hyigene field really that bad? - 11 Replies

I am in school right now and I plan on apply to dental Hygiene programs soon. I really like the dental field and always hear that it is a good field...

RDHCJ in Marlborough, Massachusetts

Updated 23 months ago

Pre-hygiene Student - 6 Replies

So, I am a pre-dental hygiene student. I have just completed my pre-requisites it only took two years and that's full time! But I plan to apply to at...

RDHCJ in Connecticut

Updated 23 months ago

Dental Hygienist salary buffalo NY - 4 Replies

I am a GED student in the buffalo New York area , and I am considering going to school to be a dental Hygienist . I wanted to know if it a good idea...

RDHCJ in Connecticut

Updated 23 months ago

How much does your DENTIST produce? And how much are YOU paid?? - 52 Replies

Hey guys, just wanted to see if there's any correlation between production and pay. If you know anything about the overhead at your office as well,...

RDHCJ in Connecticut

Updated 23 months ago

suggestion for instruments - 4 Replies

I am a relatively new hygienist and the doctor asked me if there were any instruments i would like to order. I like the ones we used in school, but...

RDHCJ in Connecticut

Updated 23 months ago

Salary / raise, etc.. - 4 Replies

I am a Dental Hygienist with 3 years experience in Brooklyn, NY. I work in an office 3 days/wk at approx 8 hours/day. I am currently making $35...

RDHCJ in Connecticut

Updated 23 months ago

NJ Licensed RDH needing help in obtaining NY RDH License? - 1 Reply

Hi I'm a recent grad from NJ, who has her license in NJ and PA and have been trying to get it in NY. I've looked at the forms and it says you have...

RDHCJ in Connecticut

Updated 23 months ago

do you need straight A's to get into the dental hygiene program? - 1 Reply

Hi. I have been told many different things about the competitiveness of the dental hygiene program. One person told me that I won't even be looked at...

exp in Massachusetts

Updated 23 months ago

Male Hygienists? - 329 Replies

I'm considering a career in DH but I'm a bit hesitant about it being such female dominated field. Is there a stigma against male hygienists? Are the...

lady in Hyattsville, Maryland

Updated 23 months ago

Getting into a program - 2 Replies

Im currently finishing up w the prereq's for the DH program at NOVA. They say it's highly competitive and Id like to somehow up my chances of...

CADH in Mississauga, Ontario

Updated 23 months ago

toronto college of dental hygiene and auxillaries - 32 Replies

pros? cons? any other information that may be relevent! please share all stories, fairytale and horror!!

CADH in Mississauga, Ontario

dont not go to cadh

This is one of the worse private schools. They constantly email you and call you until you give in. Its all about the money. They don’t care about...

Kimberly in San Bernardino, California

Updated 23 months ago

THERE ARE NO JOBS---DON'T GO INTO ANY DH PRIVATE SCHOOLS---YOU WON'T GET A JOB! - 104 Replies

Please....potential DH students....do not go into DH at the present time....there are no jobs...and you paying $42,000.00 for a private school "DH...

Sunny in New York, New York

Recent Grad Here worried about OPA's

Hi I Recently graduated from NYUCD. Reading these forums has made me start wondering about the job market and also the future of this profession....

exp in Massachusetts

Updated 23 months ago

My first day... - 14 Replies

So I am a new grad, and just got my first job at a seemingly great place. Did anyone else feel totally incompetent on their first day? I feel like I...

b in Mesa, Arizona

Updated 24 months ago

university grad thinking of going into dental hygenist - 233 Replies

Hi i am university graduate with a degree in biology. i was thinking of going into dental technician or dental hygenist. any1 know whats the starting...

Dr. Eastabrooks in Harleysville, Pennsylvania

Updated 24 months ago

Reusing gloves? - 4 Replies

I'm looking for other dental hygienists' opinions. My new dentist told me to use only one pair of gloves for a patient during a 1hour hygiene appt. I...

Joe Gagill in Monticello, New York

Updated 24 months ago

Pant Suit vs Skirt Suit Which suits an interview better? - 15 Replies

Pant Suit vs Skirt Suit Which suits an interview better? To conform and take my place as a woman and wear a skirt suit....or to challenge the role...

Ria in Sampaloc, Philippines

Updated 24 months ago

Is it ok if i want to work abroad as a fresh graduate of dental hygienist? - 19 Replies

I dont know what to do for ths moment of time. All i know is pursue my carreer as a dental hygienist. But i think technically speaking, before you...

CBoxton in Cedar Creek, Texas

Updated 24 months ago

Is the DH program as terrible as they are telling me? - 4 Replies

I have recently been accepted into a DH program. I have been asking the hygienists I work with and know for experiences/advice and it seems each one...

CBoxton in Cedar Creek, Texas

Updated 24 months ago

"WORKING INTERVIEW 3 WEEKS AGO...AND STILL NOT PAID" - 22 Replies

I was contacted by Choiceone Dental in Suwanee to do a working interview about 3 weeks ago (6+ hours w/no lunch or break). When it was time to leave,...

ElenaRDA in San Diego, California

Southwestern College in San Diego, CA

Does anyone applied or will apply to Southwestern college in San Diego? I applied in May and waiting for new information on the admission process...

Gina in Canton, Michigan

Updated 24 months ago

Hygiene Jobs in Asheville NC - 3 Replies

My Husband and I are moving to the Asheville North Carolina area and I was wondering if it is difficult to get a hygiene job around the area. I have...

Vancouver RDH in Vancouver, British Columbia

Updated 24 months ago

I'm a dental hygienist and I want to change my profession! - 4 Replies

Hello all So I've been a dental hygienist now for a little over 4 years. I have my Bachelor's in Applied Science, Dental Hygiene. I initially...

Page: « Previous   2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next »

What's great about where you work? If you could change one thing about your job, what would it be? Got a question? Share the best and worst about what you do and where you work by joining a discussion or starting your own.

RSS Feed Icon Subscribe to this forum as an RSS feed.

» Sign in or create an account to start a discussion.