Dental Hygienist Jobs Forum

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.

Current Discussions (1287) - Start a Discussion

Ria in Sampaloc, Philippines

Updated 26 months ago

Is it ok if i want to work abroad as a fresh graduate of dental hygienist? - 19 Replies

I dont know what to do for ths moment of time. All i know is pursue my carreer as a dental hygienist. But i think technically speaking, before you...

CBoxton in Cedar Creek, Texas

Updated 26 months ago

Is the DH program as terrible as they are telling me? - 4 Replies

I have recently been accepted into a DH program. I have been asking the hygienists I work with and know for experiences/advice and it seems each one...

CBoxton in Cedar Creek, Texas

Updated 26 months ago

"WORKING INTERVIEW 3 WEEKS AGO...AND STILL NOT PAID" - 22 Replies

I was contacted by Choiceone Dental in Suwanee to do a working interview about 3 weeks ago (6+ hours w/no lunch or break). When it was time to leave,...

ElenaRDA in San Diego, California

Southwestern College in San Diego, CA

Does anyone applied or will apply to Southwestern college in San Diego? I applied in May and waiting for new information on the admission process...

Gina in Canton, Michigan

Updated 26 months ago

Hygiene Jobs in Asheville NC - 3 Replies

My Husband and I are moving to the Asheville North Carolina area and I was wondering if it is difficult to get a hygiene job around the area. I have...

Vancouver RDH in Vancouver, British Columbia

Updated 26 months ago

I'm a dental hygienist and I want to change my profession! - 4 Replies

Hello all So I've been a dental hygienist now for a little over 4 years. I have my Bachelor's in Applied Science, Dental Hygiene. I initially...

hoopzx67 in Woodstock, Georgia

Updated 26 months ago

anyone else having trouble finding work in the tri-state area? - 3 Replies

graduated last year working about 18 hours a week now commute 45-60 min each way and finding it impossible to get more hours. Does anyone else have...

Anne in Maryland in Maryland

Updated 27 months ago

Real Issues in Private Practice - 6 Replies

I am appalled by the many licensed dentist requiring registered dental hygienist to diagnose periodontal disease and treat periodontal disease...

Robinson

Updated 27 months ago

Dental hygiene schools in Arizona - - 11 Replies

Hi, I currently have a BA in Communication, and am working on my dental hygiene pre-requisites. Any advice? Which schools are the best? Which schools...

Giggly in San Antonio, Texas

Working in a Perio Office

I am a recent grad and I am going to be working in a Periodontist's office. I have to admit, I'm stressed! I am the only hygienist working in this...

still retired in Texas

Updated 27 months ago

Let ADHA know how we feel-Survey - 4 Replies

I just recieved a survey from ADHA. I put in a lot of my concerns regarding our profession. Maybe if enough of us reply we can get some sort of...

RDHCJ in Connecticut

Updated 27 months ago

PLEASE LOOK AT THE 'G....R....A.....P...H....TO THE......RIGHT...BEFORE ASKING ABOUT JOB OPP'S - 16 Replies

Hello....To all those thinking of continuing to want to train to become an RDH....the pay is not negoitiable, the ben's for MOST of us do NOT exist,...

still retired in Texas

Updated 27 months ago

cons? - 161 Replies

what are the cons of being a dental hygenist. pysicaly or mentaly. i need to know to answer a question for my senior project!

anna in Toronto, Ontario

Updated 27 months ago

NO work for the numerous RDH's :Vet's, younger, recent grad's and "new" grad's - 4 Replies

Schools are NOT letting up/cutting back on the number of students in their programs. The BLS/Govt. and online articles...are not people in our...

RDHCJ in Connecticut

Updated 27 months ago

Dental Hygienists going into Nursing? - 3 Replies

I have read at least 50 pages on this forums filled with RDH's who are upset about the over-saturation of new graduates and current lack of jobs....

RDHCJ in Connecticut

Updated 27 months ago

help for disappointed new grad - 1 Reply

I am very disappointed now that i am working to see what is going on in the field. I feel like i am supposed to throw everything i learned out the...

rdhrdh in Calgary

Updated 27 months ago

30 minute recall patients... Is it even possible? - 28 Replies

The doctor said my recall patients will be seen every 30 min. Is it possible to update med history, xrays and cleaning in 30 mins? I mean some...

RDH in Vienna, Virginia

Updated 27 months ago

Questions about becoming a dental hygienist? - 3 Replies

How hard is it to get accepted into a dental hygiene program at a college? What is the difficulty of going through a dental hygiene...

RDH in Vienna, Virginia

Updated 27 months ago

Nice Teeth as a Hygienist - 4 Replies

I want to be a dental hygienist, but I was wondering if you have to have perfect teeth. My teeth are white, but kind of crooked and I also had a lot...

Katie in Kalamazoo, Michigan

Updated 28 months ago

Dental Hygiene job in Michigan - 38 Replies

Hi everyone! Just wondering if anyone knew of any part time or full time hygiene jobs in Michigan? I have been a dental hygienist for 7 years and...

fluffypenguin in Forest Hills, New York

Is the job market just as bad for dentists as it is for dental hygienists?

Is the job market for dentists just as saturated as it is for dental hygienists or assistants? thanks

rdhrdh in Calgary

Updated 28 months ago

Dental Hygienist for $20-$25 / hours? How low can you go? - 3 Replies

I heard that somebody submitted her resume in our clinic and stated taht her salary expectation is only $20-25 per hour! That person is sick. My...

RDHCJ in Connecticut

Updated 28 months ago

Dental Hygienist Interview Tips - 2 Replies

Have and interview coming up and I was just looking for tips or questions you have been asked at your interviews. Also questions I should be asking...

RDHCJ in Connecticut

Updated 28 months ago

Dental Hygienist Pay/Wage in Chicago. - 3 Replies

Just wondering what I should ask for in terms of pay at in interview in Chicago. (North Side) 1 year of exp. I was thinking 35ish? Am I too low or...

RDHCJ in Connecticut

Updated 28 months ago

Southern California Unemployed Dental Hygienist - 22 Replies

Hi I was just wondering if I am the only one? I used to have a one day a week job for a slow office. I have seven years of clinical hygiene...

RDHCJ in Connecticut

Updated 28 months ago

Fresh Out of School Graduate Looking For Advice - 2 Replies

I am now a registered Dental Hygienist! Looking for tips on getting my foot in the door at an office. Any common mistakes that new hygienists make...

RDHCJ in Connecticut

Updated 28 months ago

SHOULD I DO HYGIENE?????? - 7 Replies

I got accepted to dental hygiene and i dont know if i should accept it. What does everyone think???

rdhraleigh in Raleigh, North Carolina

cover letter*resume help

help! after 24 years with the same practice I am in the job market and struggling with what to write in a cover letter & resume

BLESS U in Scarborough, Ontario

Updated 28 months ago

Dental Hygienist (Ontario) - 5 Replies

I apologize for doing this, but I did a pseudo ad to validate what's currently happening in our job market. I have posted one ad for one day job...

Brightwarmheart

Updated 28 months ago

To be the best... - 201 Replies

What are the top 3 traits or skills every dental hygienist must have to excel? Can you suggest any tips or insights to develop your dental hygienist...

karlib in Grand Rapids, Michigan

Updated 28 months ago

Preparing for Clinical in Ann Arbor Michigan Aug 15th, anyone have advice? - 12 Replies

I have my patient, thankfully, but my nerves are getting the best of me. I graduated in 2010, worked for 6 months part-time. Moved to Florida, now...

SZ in Forest Hills, New York

Updated 28 months ago

Orofacial Myofunctional Therapy . Job - 4 Replies

Does anyone know anything about it? I've been a hygienist for 10 years and , honestly, I'm ready for a change.I don't see myself scraping teeth my...

Dental hygienist in Anchorage, Alaska

Updated 29 months ago

How do you deal with the chronic pain?? HELP! - 27 Replies

I wanted to start a thread based on RDH's who have problems with their neck, wrist, fingers, elbows, shoulder's and backs. I recently graduated about...

rdh in Pensacola, Florida

Updated 29 months ago

Pay in pensacola - 2 Replies

My husban is getting a job in mobil soon. Does any one know what they are paying Hygienist in Pensacola Florida. Would like to work outside the state...

frustratedRDH in North Hollywood, California

Updated 29 months ago

Where are all the dental hygiene jobs? - 989 Replies

When I graduated hygiene school in 1994 there were multiple hygiene employment listings weekly, but that was then and this is now. I've been...

MRDH in Valencia, California

Hourly/day wage expected in Pasadena Ca

What is the hourly rate/daily pay in Pasadena California? Thanks!

mardh in North Adams, Massachusetts

Updated 29 months ago

Are you a PHDH? - 6 Replies

I am taking the PHDH course in March 2012. I wanted to talk with others who have taken the course to find out if they are working or not. What are...

rdh54 in Mississauga, Ontario

Updated 29 months ago

What is the average hourly rate for a new DH graduate in Michigan? - 3 Replies

I'm a new graduate and I have a bachelors degree. I was just wondering what a good average hourly rate would be for a new graduate in Michigan. I am...

MRDH in Valencia, California

Updated 29 months ago

Help with Dental Hygiene Temping agencies - 83 Replies

Does anyone know Dental Hygiene Temp agency in New York City NY ?? THANK YOU

RDHCJ in Connecticut

Updated 29 months ago

What colleges offer the ortho hygiene course in U.S? How much does it cost? - 1 Reply

What colleges offer the ortho hygiene course in U.S? How much does it cost?

RDHCJ in Connecticut

Dental Hygienist Jobs in Chicago and Suburbs

I'm currently in the process of getting my Illinois Dental Hygienist License. I've had no luck what so ever in Indiana. Wondering about job...

RDHCJ in Connecticut

Updated 29 months ago

Master's Degree - 1 Reply

I am currently a dental hygiene student and am entering my senior year of the program. I am considering going for my master's degree but I would...

dentgirl in Ogden, Utah

Updated 29 months ago

DH Market Saturation in ONTARIO (FACT) - 10 Replies

Going through the dental hygiene program is stressful, but getting a good enough shift (to raise a family) is more stressful. Before I entered the...

Dental Spoof in Whitby, Ontario

Updated 29 months ago

CDHO portfolio petition - 2 Replies

have you read it? what are your thoughts

Tooth Fairy Not in Jacksonville, Florida

Updated 29 months ago

The Future of Dental Hygiene in 2010 and the next 20 + years? - 39 Replies

So, as many can see on numerous threads, there are many on here getting a tough break after paying dearly for an education that is not allowing them...

RDRDH in Vacaville, California

Updated 29 months ago

Dental Hygiene or Nursing? - 249 Replies

I have a huge question and can't make up my mind. I have been excepted to the Dental Hygiene Program, which is a two yr course. It starts in the Fall...

RGRDH in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

Dental Hygiene Temp Agency - Philadelphia, PA

Can anyone recommend a good dental hygiene temp agency?

Blocknyc in Sunnyside, New York

Updated 30 months ago

Should I go into Dental Hygiene in Southern California? - 8 Replies

I have been reading a lot of the posts on this forum about Dental Hygiene careers and see that you all have been having trouble finding jobs all...

RayeUK in Denver, Colorado

Updated 30 months ago

RDH Pay in Metro Detroit Michigan - 21 Replies

How much should a Hygienist with about 5 years experience ask for at an interview?

FLOSSBABE in Raleigh, North Carolina

Updated 30 months ago

What are other unemployed Hygienist doing while searching for a job in your field? - 29 Replies

Hey to all my fellow unemployed Hygienist! What are you doing while you're out of your field?! Are you working elsewhere out of your...

Page: « Previous   3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next »

What's great about where you work? If you could change one thing about your job, what would it be? Got a question? Share the best and worst about what you do and where you work by joining a discussion or starting your own.

RSS Feed Icon Subscribe to this forum as an RSS feed.

» Sign in or create an account to start a discussion.