Dental Hygienist Jobs Forum

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.

Current Discussions (1438) - Start a Discussion

stacyelle in Orlando, Florida

Colorado License Application

Has anyone gone through the Colorado Dental Hygiene License Application process? I applied over a month and a half ago and have called and emailed...

HyattRDH in San Marcos, California

Updated 26 months ago

RDH license in NJ - 3 Replies

Hi everybody, Am an RDH licensed in CA, and am going to relocate to NJ, and I want to know what is the steps I need to get my license in NJ, do I...

Sunny Southern CA Hygienist in Placentia, California

Any Hygienist With Clinical Laser Experience

I just added a few days with a new dentist who has two diode laser machines. I didn't have any previous laser experience; the new dentist was kind...

sharon avila in Escondido, California

Updated 27 months ago

My profession is leaving me behind... - 229 Replies

Hi everyone! I have been a hygienist for 14 years. I graduated from the University of Detroit - Mercy (I see that there are a number of...

Anita in Vancouver, British Columbia

Need Liscening Help!!! Going from Vancouver Canada to Calirfornia

I have been going through this forum and have been looking at other people's posts. I've been getting confused about what exams I would need to...

Anita in Vancouver, British Columbia

Updated 27 months ago

Process of Care Exam, WREB - dental hygiene - 72 Replies

Does anyone have any information about the process of care examination that preceeds the WREB? I have my license in California and graduated 2 years...

ONTARIO DH in Manchester, New Hampshire

Updated 27 months ago

Dental Hygiene no jobs - 19 Replies

I'm taking this moment to vent my frustrations. I have done everything to get through dental hygiene school and am very proud of the hard work I put...

exp in Massachusetts

Updated 27 months ago

Dental Hygienist (career change) - 25 Replies

Looking to change careers and do better for my kids and myself and was looking to attend Dental Hygienist school in the San Antonio, TX area. I am a...

Ashley Mc in Sacramento, California

From California to Oregon (or anywhere else). Good or bad idea?? HELP!

Hello! I am currently a new grad hygienist in California and am seriously considering moving to Oregon. The job pool here right now is completely...

Ashley Mc in Sacramento, California

Updated 27 months ago

Professional and disability insurance for Hygienists - 3 Replies

Hi, I am trying to find a good company to purchase liability and disability insurance as a RDH in Arizona. Any recommendations?? Thanks!

adusonu in Redding, California

Updated 28 months ago

Why do you want to be dental hygiene? - 82 Replies

I still don't know why I want to be a dental hygiene. Yes. flexible hour. I worked in the dentist for 2 yrs, and I love it. Pay is gOod. But that's...

exp in Massachusetts

Updated 28 months ago

Getting into DH program with dismissed misdemeanor - 2 Replies

I am moving to PA and plan on going to school for dental hygiene. I was charged but never convicted with a misdemeanor. All charges were dropped in...

Edward Rose in Atlanta, United States minor outlying islands

Updated 28 months ago

dental hygienist jobs in new zealand - 97 Replies

I would like to know how easy it is to work in new Zealand as a dental Hygienist

sandra in Austin, Texas

Updated 28 months ago

Master's Degree for an RDH - 11 Replies

Can anybody suggest a good master's program for a dental hygienist? I have my BS, and it has gotten me nowhere. I want to pursue whichever will...

still retired in Hawaii

Updated 28 months ago

If there are no jobs... - 9 Replies

...then why does dental hygienist keep showing up on practically every single "jobs in demand" list I find online? My own dentist pretty much...

exp in Massachusetts

Updated 28 months ago

Dental Hygiene Program at the University of Alberta, Yes or No? Please help me out! - 1 Reply

Hi everyone, I am applying for the University of Alberta's Diploma in Dental Hygiene program this year. I like the profession and think it will...

rdh_too in Bedford, Texas

Updated 29 months ago

How did you become a dental hygienist? - 2 Replies

I need help with my project. I need to interview a dental hygienist.? I've recently started taking courses at my local community college and my...

dentalnut in British Columbia

Getting back to DH after four years away

I am re-registering to be a DH after four years away from the field. Does anyone have tips (aside from self study, of course!) to get my skills up to...

FlossBoss in Oceanside, California

Updated 29 months ago

Dental Hygiene School - 179 Replies

Hello, I just got rejected from the Pierce College dental hygiene program in Lakewood, WA. I've heard it's one of the more difficult schools to...

Nat in Miami, Florida

Dental Hygienist

Hello! How really want youre advise! I was a Dental Hygienist for 16 years . We relocate since 2005, than I left my carrier to move with my...

still retired in Hawaii

Updated 29 months ago

Community College Dental Hygiene Degree vs. UoP or USC? - 16 Replies

I already have a bachelors degree in a different field and have completed almost all of the prerequisites for dental hygiene school. I am planning on...

Hoping for Good News in Vernon, British Columbia

Updated 29 months ago

Local anesthetic courses- BC canada - 32 Replies

Hi everyone Has anyone taken the local anesthethic course at camosun college in victoria, or at UBC? I heard some bad things about the program in...

alyson tovey in Pleasant Grove, Utah

Updated 29 months ago

WREB Anesthesia Exam - 76 Replies

I am getting ready to take the WREB anesthesia exam (written and clinical) in a couple of weeks. Any tips on what to study for the written exam? ...

Dental & Hygiene Prof. Ronda in Orlando, Florida

Updated 30 months ago

Going to Dental Hygiene School as a international dentist - 8 Replies

Hi, I have a bachelors degree in dental surgery(B.D.S)from my home country India. Now, i want to come and study dental hygiene at a community...

still retired in Hawaii

Updated 30 months ago

Dental Hygiene Portfolio - 3 Replies

I know this shouldn't matter but I'm just curious how many pages did you submit for your portfolio? Did you receive a call for clarifications? Any...

exp in Massachusetts

Updated 30 months ago

Dental Hygiene Hourly Wage - 21 Replies

Can anyone tell me how much you get paid hourly working as a dental hygienist. I make $36 dollars an hour and I just graduated from school. Should I...

Chelsey Yang in Honolulu, Hawaii

Updated 30 months ago

Anyone Taking Expanded duties Anesthesia course in Sacramento this May? - 32 Replies

I am enrolled. Is anyone else going?

Abraham in Chino Hills, California

Updated 30 months ago

Getting your dental hygiene license in California is HARD!!!!! - 66 Replies

I am a hygienist from out of state who has been struggling now for one year to get licensed in the state of California...why did I waste a year..well...

Rdhnyc in New York, New York

Updated 30 months ago

New Jersey Jurisprudence Test Study INFO?? - 1 Reply

Can anyone help me find a website or a book where I can study for the Jurisprudence test of Dental Hygiene. I am supposed to take it, in order to get...

telephonicwaltz in Logan, Utah

Updated 30 months ago

Is it possible for an American Dental Hygienist to get employed in England? - 2 Replies

Hello! I've been very seriously looking into a Dental Hygiene program (haven't started yet), but will finish in a couple years with an Associate's...

Munnawar in Hialeah, Florida

NBDHE

Hi everyone I'm a foreign trained dentist I'm taking my NBDHE this summer,if any of you taking it soon or planning to take please reply me.Am i...

still retired in Hawaii

Updated 31 months ago

RDH in Houston, TX ONLY! Please comment. - 18 Replies

I've read a lot of posts from RDH all over the country. I notice a lot of people complaining in CA and Michigan, etc - and no offense but your in...

hygiene 123 in Parlin, New Jersey

license in illinois

Hi i am currently licensed in nj and ny and thinking of moving to chicago i can't reach anyone to clarify the laws for licensing can anyone help me...

whattodo in Kamloops, British Columbia

Canadian Dental Hygienist's - some insight?

Hi there - I graduated an accredited Dental Hygiene program 3~ years ago in Ontario - couldn't find a career - worked crappy retail jobs since....

Rachel Reniva in Savannah, Georgia

Dental Hygienist HOBET Score ?'s

On Monday i took my HOBET test and my score was uploaded last night. i got a 67.3% (adjusted individual total score). I have to fly to Denver to take...

Cerritos College grad in Placentia, California

Updated 31 months ago

Help w/ Maintaining Recalls - 2 Replies

I'm a recent grad and have been working in my current office for a few months now. So far things have been going great, but the thing I am having...

exp in Massachusetts

What states have the RDH jobs?

Really? Many here would like to know...or are they a needle in a haystack? I say , yes , that's the answer. The info. the schools gave you ,...

CLUELESS in Salt Lake City, Utah

Transfering out of state hygienist

Opinions please! I am currently living in utah and wanting to become a dental hygienist! BUT i am planning on moving to California in the future. I...

exp in Massachusetts

Updated 32 months ago

Dental Hygiene School or MBA in Healthcare Admin - 1 Reply

Hi Ya all, I am from California with a RDAEF, moved to Chicago to go to school to finish pre-req. I just got accepted to the only dental hygiene...

still retired in Hawaii

Updated 32 months ago

Classify this patient after SRP? - 2 Replies

I had a patient come in who had an SRP exactly a year ago. He failed to come in every 3 months for periodontal maintenance. In this particular visit...

Cerritos College grad in Placentia, California

Updated 32 months ago

How long does the efficacy of fluoride varnish last for? - 1 Reply

Patients have asked me frequently how long Fluoride Varnish is effective. I usually say something like 1 month, but then tell them that the mouth is...

Katie in Boise, Idaho

Updated 33 months ago

Help with Detecting and Removing Subgingival Calculus - 6 Replies

Dear Dental Hygienists: I have been working as a DH for over 10 years. I like my job, but I still experience much difficulty with detecting and...

Katie in Boise, Idaho

Updated 33 months ago

Tired of cleaning up after crappy hygienist's! - 2 Replies

Anyone else tired of having to clean up a mess after a patient has been getting their teeth cleaned every 6 months for years then they see you for...

waterbug100 in Duncan, British Columbia

Updated 33 months ago

Dental Hygiene-Treatment Planning?? - 1 Reply

I have a working interview next week. One question the office manager asked is how comfortable am I with treatment planning. I am a little confused...

Katers in Houston, Texas

Updated 33 months ago

A graduated bachelor studies dental hygiene program? - 1 Reply

well, I'm a graduated bachelor. I want to study dental hygiene program in 2 ys. I found these associate program seems recruit high school students,...

exp in Massachusetts

Updated 33 months ago

SALARY...NOT what INDEED posts - 3 Replies

In the Northeast it says: $54-56,000. This is not true. Many RDH's are working PT or PPT...day to day, not set pay rate or a salary....because of...

living in Katy in Houston, Texas

Updated 34 months ago

DH jobs in Texas - 17 Replies

Hey guys, I've been following a lot of threads on here and I wanted to let everyone know that there IS a decent state where you can find hygiene jobs...

dentalhygienetemp in Orem, Utah

Updated 34 months ago

How to file taxes for temping jobs. - 4 Replies

Hi, I have temped at several Dentists in 2013. Each time I was paid by a check directly from the dentist. I did not fill out a W-2 nor have I...

TGJ in Lake Station, Indiana

Updated 34 months ago

getting out of hygiene - 3 Replies

I have been working for 19 yrs. as a hygienist. I find the job market poor and it difficult to find a job with benefits. I am very discouraged. Any...

RDH64 in Cheboygan, Michigan

Updated 35 months ago

Dental Hygiene Employment in Hawaii - 20 Replies

I am a Canadian citizen interested in moving to Hawaii and working in the career of Dental Hygiene. Having recently completed the CRDTS exams...

Page: « Previous   3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next »

What's great about where you work? If you could change one thing about your job, what would it be? Got a question? Share the best and worst about what you do and where you work by joining a discussion or starting your own.

RSS Feed Icon Subscribe to this forum as an RSS feed.

» Sign in or create an account to start a discussion.