Attention Hygienists

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (2)

Registered Dental Hygienist 1 in Toronto, Ontario

15 months ago

I am asking for fellow hygienist to contribute to an article I am writing to submit to various media outlets. I am a fellow hygienist sick of working in a field that isn't regulated in terms of job rights from the hygienists perspective and for the general public.

You can post in this discussion board or email me directly at wrongedRDH@live.com where your anonymity is guaranteed.

I want to know about your working conditions- as an employee are you scheduled a break? Get paid when patients don't know? Receive your employee rights? What about your dental office horror stories- reusing disposable materials and tools, overcharging for procedures, requirements to meet a target production goal, recommending unnecessary treatment, not diagnosing periodontal concerns due to time constraints, etc.

I think it's about time that our patients are made aware of how our mistreatments is causing suffering at their expense.

II am hoping to stir the industry governments to change their policies, products and regulations in a field where the hygienist is trying to abide the rules and fight the good fight against dentist and employers.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

still retired in Texas

15 months ago

Well said Waterbug! Some offices are sweatshops. Our profession is not respected in the least.... sad!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.