Becoming a Dental Hygienist in Ontario, Canada

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (14)

Dental Hygienist in Bridgetown, Barbados

62 months ago

Hey everyone, I've just passed my NDHBC in toronto but unfortunately I dont live there anymore. I'm not a canadian citizen or resident but I would like to work there as a RDH. Any advice as to how to go about doing that? Or does anyone know a dentist that is looking to sponsor someone to become their dental hygienist? Thanks in advance for your input!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (10) Reply - Report abuse

Buffy in Victoria, British Columbia

61 months ago

Do you live in Barbados? What are the job opportunities there?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

dee in Missouri City, Texas

61 months ago

hi everyone, i am looking for a job in ontario, canada, but i am having a hard time locating jobs online. Does anyone know other websites besides craig's list toronto or toronto stars classifieds? i live in texas but i plan on moving to toronto, ontario

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

plakattaka in Toronto, Ontario

61 months ago

There are very few jobs right now in Ontario - even Toronto. The market has been flooded with new grads recently. It will be a case of walking your resume into offices along with an offer to temp. This will let you see each office and be seen by them - kind of a mini interview! It is doubtful you will find full time employment in one office - you will have to settle for part time in 2 or more offices. You will not find anywhere offering benefits - medical is a provincial thing that I think there is a 3 month wait for and you will need private insurance for that period.

61 months ago

plakattaka in Toronto, Ontario said: There are very few jobs right now in Ontario - even Toronto. The market has been flooded with new grads recently. It will be a case of walking your resume into offices along with an offer to temp. This will let you see each office and be seen by them - kind of a mini interview! It is doubtful you will find full time employment in one office - you will have to settle for part time in 2 or more offices. You will not find anywhere offering benefits - medical is a provincial thing that I think there is a 3 month wait for and you will need private insurance for that period.

Thank you so much!

61 months ago

Buffy in Victoria, British Columbia said: Do you live in Barbados? What are the job opportunities there?

Yes, I just returned and there are some job opportunites right now.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Mel in Camrose, Alberta

57 months ago

dee in Missouri City, Texas said: hi everyone, i am looking for a job in ontario, canada, but i am having a hard time locating jobs online. Does anyone know other websites besides craig's list toronto or toronto stars classifieds? i live in texas but i plan on moving to toronto, ontario

good luck finding a job in Toronto for a good wage. I graduated in 2008 and almost 60% of our class has moved out to western canada due to lack of jobs in the GTA and Ontario in general. Wage is much better out west and so are the opportunities

1RDH in Airdrie, Alberta

57 months ago

Mel in Camrose, Alberta said: good luck finding a job in Toronto for a good wage. I graduated in 2008 and almost 60% of our class has moved out to western canada due to lack of jobs in the GTA and Ontario in general. Wage is much better out west and so are the opportunities

Not anymore.
That 60% has flooded the market here too so good luck finding a job here. FYI wages have dropped here too thanks to the overabundance of new grads...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

mel in Calmar, Alberta

57 months ago

you sound annoyed at the fact that people have moved out west for jobs...you do what you have to-besides we are all canadian
its like they did with teachers before, overgraduated and flooded the market. Its too bad that government controls schools and programs are not curtailed to job market expectations. Wages are still much better out here and there are plenty of positions if you look around.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

1RDH in Airdrie, Alberta

57 months ago

I'm going to disagree with you that there are plenty of positions available. Ask any temp agency and they will tell you the market has really dried up here.
I am not annoyed that people have moved out west; my annoyance is at the private colleges pumping out WAY too many grads saturating the market and driving wages down.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

Pru in Burlington, Ontario

41 months ago

Dental Hygienist in Bridgetown, Barbados said: Yes, I just returned and there are some job opportunites right now.

Hi there!

Are there any dental hygiene jobs in Barbados currently? I'm considering relocating there.. Are there any websites where I can search jobs in this field.

Thanks in advance

exp in Exeter, New Hampshire

41 months ago

Pru in Burlington, Ontario said: Hi there!

Are there any dental hygiene jobs in Barbados currently? I'm considering relocating there.. Are there any websites where I can search jobs in this field.

Thanks in advance

google...contact the Board of Registration in Dentistry...for starters...GL

RDH in Bridgetown, Barbados

40 months ago

Pru in Burlington, Ontario said: Hi there!

Thanks in advance

Hi, I think you should contact the barbados dental association to find out that information. However, finding a job offer isnt the problem. The problem lies with registration, which is a very tedious process and can take longer than 6 months. Unfortunately there are no websites to help you as we are a small community. If you would like the number of the Barbados Dental Association I can provide you with that. Best of luck

sandyj in Toronto, Ontario

28 months ago

RDH in Bridgetown, Barbados said: Hi, I think you should contact the barbados dental association to find out that information. However, finding a job offer isnt the problem. The problem lies with registration, which is a very tedious process and can take longer than 6 months. Unfortunately there are no websites to help you as we are a small community. If you would like the number of the Barbados Dental Association I can provide you with that. Best of luck

Are there still job opportunities in barbados as a DH?

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.