Concorde Career College

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (151 to 200 of 506)
Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next »   Last »

contemplatingmycareer in Kansas City, Missouri

66 months ago

I currently live in Kansas City and I worked for a dentist in Memphis for several years. In fact, the hygienist i worked with is an instructor at concorde, as well as a good friend of mine. I am just curious for anyone who has graduated from the DH program at concorde, how successful have you been in being hired after completing this program? A lot of people don't believe you can get a quality education at concorde. I am a graduate of the assisting program and will be starting the hygiene program in Kansas City as soon as it becomes available.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

exp in Epping, New Hampshire

66 months ago

contemplatingmycareer in Kansas City, Missouri said: I currently live in Kansas City and I worked for a dentist in Memphis for several years. In fact, the hygienist i worked with is an instructor at concorde, as well as a good friend of mine. I am just curious for anyone who has graduated from the DH program at concorde, how successful have you been in being hired after completing this program? A lot of people don't believe you can get a quality education at concorde. I am a graduate of the assisting program and will be starting the hygiene program in Kansas City as soon as it becomes available.

Hi, How many threads have you read regarding the D.H. situation as of the past year or so? I hope you have a job set, and know how you will be paying back loans...and have invested well, because the field is oversaturated. Is the Dr. you have worked for planning on hiring you when you graduate? I hope so, because, there are ALOT OF R.D.H.'S LOOKING FOR WORK...REGULAR/SET DAYS AND HOURS TO PAY THEIR BILLS...AND STILL HAVE ENOUGH TO HAVE A LIFE...I don't want you to take what I said as negative...rather informative of what's happening in our field...GL in your future career...be ready with ALL cert's, and licene"s"...yes, you may need more than one to find gainful, and enough work to pay the bills...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

RT wanting to become DH in Los Angeles, California

66 months ago

slamaque in Downey, California said: I'm sorry to hear that it's quite discouraging. I have all my prereqs completed and my AA also with 8 years experiance. I would try West Coast University in Anahiem. The tuiton is a lot more if your classes don't transfer but it's another option. Good luck. It's a new program at Concorde so may be next time. I'm not going to apply until 2010. Just to see how this first class does. :)

Hi, do you know any DH schools in So.Cal? I graduated RT in Concorde Garden Grove and thinking of going into DH..Which one do you think is better Wesr Coast or Concorde? I prefer shorter program too. Thanks.

66 months ago

RT wanting to become DH in Los Angeles, California said: Hi, do you know any DH schools in So.Cal? I graduated RT in Concorde Garden Grove and thinking of going into DH..Which one do you think is better Wesr Coast or Concorde? I prefer shorter program too. Thanks.

Neither....unless you have a position/Dr. waiting to hire you...you will be spending alot of money for a questionable employment situation when done in 2 yrs. Benefits? These are disappearing altogether, because of the oversaturation...The Dr.'s are in the driver's seat....but if you have your mind made up, and have money to burn , go for it....but do your research, not online articles, the schools, or F.T. R.D.H.'s...speak to "part-time" and fill-in R.D.H.'s because they will tell you what the TRUTH is...overabundance of R.D.H.'s = pay going down, ben's (HA),etc...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

JMONTELONGO@VERIZON.NET

66 months ago

CAN ANYONE GIVE ME INFO REGARDING THE HYGIENE PROGRAM IN SAN BERNARDINO?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

66 months ago

JMONTELONGO@VERIZON.NET said: CAN ANYONE GIVE ME INFO REGARDING THE HYGIENE PROGRAM IN SAN BERNARDINO?

Maybe, contact the school; see if they have a list of alumni from the program allowing the school to give their names to potential students...? Also, you might want to check with temp. ag's in regard to availability of work...how often, rates,etc...it's rough finding work in this field now...I'm not sure of the market in CA, but check it out before spending the riduculous amount of $ it costs now....jobs/ employment....is very questionable now and if you want only this as a career...do your research...I hate to see you go through a program, spend the $$$, and not find gainful employment (regular set days and ben's...if they even offer them in CA). GL

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

futureDH in Diamond Bar, California

64 months ago

Can someone please tell exp in epping, new Hampshire to take their negativitiy to another site, PLEASE

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

fewcherRDH in Montclair, California

64 months ago

futureDH in Diamond Bar, California said: Can someone please tell exp in epping, new Hampshire to take their negativitiy to another site, PLEASE

AGREED

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Suzanne in Indianapolis, Indiana

64 months ago

futureDH in Diamond Bar, California said: Can someone please tell exp in epping, new Hampshire to take their negativitiy to another site, PLEASE

Why do some of you continually deny the facts of unemployment and hygienists who have never had benefits? Just because EXP states her own experiences and tries to share them with others and possibly prevent someone from making a devastating mistake of undertaking years of schooling and financial debt doesn't make her negative. It makes her proactive and responsible. She is telling the truth. If you don't want to hear it, why don't you go to another site? I hear Dental Town is "positive" and will tell you what you want to hear, not the ugly truth.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

exp in North Hampton, New Hampshire

64 months ago

Suzanne in Indianapolis, Indiana said: Why do some of you continually deny the facts of unemployment and hygienists who have never had benefits? Just because EXP states her own experiences and tries to share them with others and possibly prevent someone from making a devastating mistake of undertaking years of schooling and financial debt doesn't make her negative. It makes her proactive and responsible. She is telling the truth. If you don't want to hear it, why don't you go to another site? I hear Dental Town is "positive" and will tell you what you want to hear, not the ugly truth.

Hi Suzanne, AGREED!!! So , this "future R.D.H." and "fewcher" R.D.H., don't want to listen to what I have to say...then don't read my responses, or experience (I am not the only one who offers this info...but am selected by those not in our field...YET). If you two, read other threads and see what has been written by many in other states, it is not the field of opportunity it once was...but , since you both feel you will find gainful employment, ben pkg., etc...and NOT have the ridiculous competition for a job and decent pay in an office...it's YOUR CHOICE. I'm stating my opinion and experiences, again as many others have...you will see when you are done with school and are in the real world where your training takes you. Go to Dental Town as suggested if you want roses...I offer Reality as do others.

64 months ago

EXP, You go girl!
Let them get into the reality of their choices before they start telling those of us with a decade or more of dealing with the reality of our choices what to do! Any of us on here are free to express our opinions and experiences. Funny how irate some get when we dare not to "put on a happy face". Keep telling the truth.

64 months ago

Thank you Suzanne! Reality is not always "smiles, and a good paycheck". Everything is negotiable in today's D.H. market. If these two students think that they will receive the great job , ben's, get back to us when you are "IN" the field and let us know what your pay is, ben's (if any), pace of the practice, etc. and if you are expected to do other duties delegated to you because you are new (or they don't want to do it)....get back to us when you are practicing for awhile and tell us your experiences in the workplace....good and "reality" of our field.

64 months ago

You're welcome!
Speaking of other non-delegated duties, this will give you a chuckle. The practice I'm at interviewed an EDDA today. She just finished her externship. I was standing in the waiting area picking up trash and running the vacuum because we had just had a disrespectful family wreck the office. The OM told her she'd keep her in mind blah-blah, when the girl told her she wouldn't want to clean and proceeded to leave. Afterall she'd just gone through a year of school. I smiled at her and she whispered as she passed me like I was some kind of an idiot and she was giving me the tip of the day, "assistants don't have to do the trash!" and I whispered back "hygienists do!".

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

64 months ago

Suzanne in Indianapolis, Indiana said: You're welcome!
Speaking of other non-delegated duties, this will give you a chuckle. The practice I'm at interviewed an EDDA today. She just finished her externship. I was standing in the waiting area picking up trash and running the vacuum because we had just had a disrespectful family wreck the office. The OM told her she'd keep her in mind blah-blah, when the girl told her she wouldn't want to clean and proceeded to leave. Afterall she'd just gone through a year of school. I smiled at her and she whispered as she passed me like I was some kind of an idiot and she was giving me the tip of the day, "assistants don't have to do the trash!" and I whispered back "hygienists do!".

Hi Suzanne, Isn't it funny how those not having experienced the current situation of the Dental Office, have advice for us? I hear you and have had to do the other duties, unfortunately, have also, had them delegated to me...since they had more staying power in the practice = Dr. needs them ie- O.M. and D.A.'s since they are the Dr.'s right hand...D.H.'s now going for $ 30. an hour...who are my takers?(snicker). I recently was reading threads back and forth of you with Angela...we are not jaded, angry toward grad's, and I don't think you come on as hard (my words), more...realistic, some out there think reality is not nice....hey, it's "REALITY", and it's here to stay...Recently I was at a conference, and was speaking to two older , experienced D.H.'s who had worked for yrs. for a couple of Dr.'s to be replaced recently by a new, younger version, who will take less pay, and don't have to set up a clean , smooth running program...they lucked out and now have their job...stinks; HELLO ADHA, HOW ABOUT ADDRESSING THE SITUATION OF THIS....AND THEN YOU'LL SEE ALOT MORE MEMBERSHIP. Where are you working now? That's great to have some work...I have two P.T. offices , two half days...hopefully , 2010 will look up! Have a good day....

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

ash in Jonesboro, Arkansas

64 months ago

contemplatingmycareer in Kansas City, Missouri said: I currently live in Kansas City and I worked for a dentist in Memphis for several years. In fact, the hygienist i worked with is an instructor at concorde, as well as a good friend of mine. I am just curious for anyone who has graduated from the DH program at concorde, how successful have you been in being hired after completing this program? A lot of people don't believe you can get a quality education at concorde. I am a graduate of the assisting program and will be starting the hygiene program in Kansas City as soon as it becomes available.

I'm going to have to agree with this.. I graduated from the dental assisting program at Concorde and I saw 1st hard how awful the education was there. I also worked in dental offices for years, and heard all the very negative things dentists have to say about Concorde. However, since it is only 70 weeks, I considered going there also in hopes that maybe the hygiene program would be more "put together" than the assisting program. The assisting program was a total joke! However, I did my work & got my certifications & registration & etc. I talked my my dental hygienist and she said go for it, but she also had some complaints about the field (neck & back problems, insurance, no jobs available, etc) so I decided to just go with nursing. Also, my hygienist said she loved the money but wishes she could still do assisting b/c you can go so much different stuff b/c she said she does the same thing patient after patient all day every day. Thats just what she told me.
But if anybody is in the program, Im very interested to know how its going! I went down there & talked to an admissions rep & viewed the facilities & its very nice.

64 months ago

exp in Epping, New Hampshire said: Hi, How many threads have you read regarding the D.H. situation as of the past year or so? I hope you have a job set, and know how you will be paying back loans...and have invested well, because the field is oversaturated. Is the Dr. you have worked for planning on hiring you when you graduate? I hope so, because, there are ALOT OF R.D.H.'S LOOKING FOR WORK...REGULAR/SET DAYS AND HOURS TO PAY THEIR BILLS...AND STILL HAVE ENOUGH TO HAVE A LIFE...I don't want you to take what I said as negative...rather informative of what's happening in our field...GL in your future career...be ready with ALL cert's, and licene"s"...yes, you may need more than one to find gainful, and enough work to pay the bills...

Your right! I was very close to pursuing dental hygiene! I talked to my hygienist tho and she was telling me how the money was great but she would have done something else if she could. She said her neck and back hurt constantly and that its more physically demanding than ppl think. Plus, she said that its really hard to find a job. Her twin sister worked for the exact same company & after she had a baby they couldnt hire her back "due to the economy" and now the twin sister cant find a job. Plus, no benefits. She said she does the same thing all day every day. She told me all this after a few yrs tho! At first she was all positive & loved it. But yeah, after a few yrs in the field she had these complains.

64 months ago

Me2U in Memphis, Tennessee said: I understand its stressful for everyone right now. I want to leave dental asst alone but its hard when you see all the comments.Thats why I just wanted a little feedback on Concord.I went to Tennessee technology but my friend went to Concord for their dental program.The program there cost more than mines.She also said that the teachers didnt really teach them.She wants to into the hygiene program too.But she said she really dont want to go to Concord.And the University of Tn has too many people trying to get in with only a few seats.With the way the market is it just add more stress for everyone.Well at least we have the forum to vent.Good Luck 2 U 2

When i went for assisting, it was 12,000 at concorde! I had a friend who went to TN Tech & it was 4,000 for her! The teachers dont teach they just let you figure it out yourself. Also, half the class cheated the entire way thru the program! Wouldnt want them working in my mouth, thats for sure. But maybe the hygiene program is different.. who knows.

Recentgrad in Memphis, Tennessee

64 months ago

I'm a recent graduate of the DH program at Concorde in Memphis. Facts: the hours, classes and pace is gruelling and there may or may not be a job waiting for you when you graduate. That is the reality of most graduates of many fields across the board not just DH. That is something to consider whatever profession you decide to pursue. There are girls currently lookig for jobs and there are several girls who graduated with me who have jobs as we speak (and they were not those who already had them waiting prior to graduation). As far as the quality of education goes, I believed I recieved a quality one here although I arrived with sound study skills already in place and was not looking for someone to teach me to be a good student. There is drama as there is whenever you put more than a few people with differing ideas into the same space anywhere. That's something that you will encounter at school and in the workplace wherever you go. It's up to you to look past it and work past it to get out of it what you need. I passed all of my boards and am waiting on my licence. While at Concorde I feel like while there were lots of kinks, there were lots of positives. Some who respond negatively about there experience may have some personal grievances, so to all those reading these posts remember that. I had a few negative experiences but not so much to cloud my perception of everything as a whole.
Big picture: expensive but quality education if you work for it. Be optimistic but realistic about your job search. Always have a back up plan.
If you want a fair opinion of the program, feel free to contact me and I will share my opinions with you.

recent.dh.grad@gmail.com

Recentgrad

64 months ago

RhondaFutureDentalHygienist in Memphis, Tennessee said: Well I know the reason why i was not accepted for the Jan 12th class at Concorde, the reason being because I did not have enough points. So my rep suggested that I enroll in the dental assisting program which is 8 months in length complete the dental assisting program and then apply again for the dental hygiene program in September 2009 and how their point system is set up..If you are a graduate of the concorde dental assisting program that is 3 points and if you get your CDA/RDA that is another 2 points and then dental assisting itself is a allied health program so you will get like 1 or 2 points for that, observing in a dental office gets you like 1 point so the way it is set up you will have a better chance of accepted if you complete their dental assisting program is what the rep said to me so needless so say I will be starting the Dental Assisting program Jan 26th 2009 and I am pretty excited about that.

don't go through one program just to get into another. I was not a grad of Concorde when I started and neither were many of the girls in my class. Dental assisting will not really help you for dental hygiene. If you are intersted in DA do that. Otherwise you are adding another HUGE debt to your overall financial investment. Pick one area, be persistant.

Questions: recent.dh.grad@gmail.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

CRISSAMARIE08 in Redlands, California

64 months ago

Hi, I am taking the HOBET in 2 weeks, I was wondering if anyone had the online
version of the study guide? I would really appreciate it.

Thanks , Crissa

crissamarie08@yahoo.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

caddiebwants 2 b a RDH in Knoxville, Tennessee

64 months ago

I attended Concorde in 2004 as a dental assistant and have actively practiced since then with my CDA,RDA in TN. They were in talks of a hygiene program then! In 2008 i took the wonderlic and hobet exam for the dh program and passed with great results! i went thru with the interview with ms russell and was prepared 2 quit my full-time job 2 pursue this! I was unable to proceed due to the outstanding tuition of 39k then ! my out of pocket expense was 9K! my rep keelie thomas told me that they offered a match program where if a church or similar organization "donated" 3k they would match it dollar for dollar!i was unable to do that so>>>>>>>>i just recently talked 2 her and they "no longer offer" the match program for dh! it could be used for any other program but that one! how odd! what a crock of steaming dung!i found out from a former instructor who now works with me that ron kiddie was using the match program For dh in 2008 2 fill seats for the first class of dh in 2008!also memphis area career center offers a 8k grant program for qualifying participants and guess who is on the list as a recipient>...concorde of memphis! only "stipulation" is that the 8k will not be credited to the dh program! i think this is soooooooooooooooo unfair and i am now ready 2 move forward but they will not accept the 8k for the dh program! this has really deterred my dream of becoming a rdh! think about it>>>>>>>>i am already taking out 20k in student loans IN THE DH PROGRAM then i qualify for 9k in fed pell grant leaving my out of pocket expense as 10k or sucH ! even with the 8k from career center grant i still owe concorde 2k! i dont understand? @ concorde>u mean 2 tell me that this local grant program has u as a recipient for grant money and u get 2 choose which program i can use it for?! ridiculous! concorde is GUARANTEED THIS MONEY! on top of all that<<<<<my rep says i have to take the exams again in 2010! please respond 2 caddieb@att.net

caddiebwants 2 b a RDH in Knoxville, Tennessee

64 months ago

i am in memphis ,tn not knoxville as my last post stated! thank you! any and all feedback or comments are welcome to caddieb@att.net >>>>>>>>>>>>>also the next dh orientation is 2/22/2010 due to inclement weather on 2/8/2010! i also would like to know class hours because from what i understand the first few months are 8-12! i need true facts because the school is full of confusion! maybe i should cut my losses!!!arounds!

Whitney

64 months ago

I have a question- why would you want to pay more to get an associates degree at Concorde than to get your bachelors at ut?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Recentgrad

64 months ago

Whitney said: I have a question- why would you want to pay more to get an associates degree at Concorde than to get your bachelors at ut?

Well, if you break down the annual cost for 4 years of tuition at UT and compare it to the cost of tuition for 2 years at Concorde, the price is pretty comparable. Also if time is a factor, seeing how it can be for students with families, that can also out weigh the cost difference. Also remember, the cost of scrubs, all books, your instruments, shots, national boards and srta exams are included in the cost if tuition. There is very little money, if any, paid out of pocket after tuition has been paid. There is also no difference in earning potential for a B.A. in DH versus a A.A.S in DH when practiced clinically. There are pros and cons to both. Just have to decide what's the best situation for you.

aharbison in Kansas City, Missouri

64 months ago

do you still have that information about the hobet test? i have the packet from the school. the other one can you send it to me?
amandaleaharbison@hotmail.com

Charlotte in Westminster, California

64 months ago

I see that if general ed credits are transferable, the school deducts a substantial amount from the tuition including books and such. Can somebody give me a figure of how much it would save me? I figured if I take the necessary general education courses at a junior college, it'd save me money and a little bit of time at Concorde.

exp in Newmarket, New Hampshire

64 months ago

Charlotte in Westminster, California said: I see that if general ed credits are transferable, the school deducts a substantial amount from the tuition including books and such. Can somebody give me a figure of how much it would save me? I figured if I take the necessary general education courses at a junior college, it'd save me money and a little bit of time at Concorde.

Have you been reading all the posts on this site? I hope you are a "go getter" because there is ALOT of COMPETITION for the D.H. jobs, I believe this will be most likely for the next 10 yrs! If you have a second choice, it might be worth looking into....one that will GIVE you a "benefit pkg"...D.H.'s are on our own, a few are fortunate in today's market but they are in the minority...pay, etc. is not what you have been told by the schools, govt:BLS, or F.T. D.H.'s , WE, are not in a position to obtain what our training has given us as skilled professionals....also, unless you plan to go into :Administrative, sales rep., etc. don't expect the pay and upward mobility that other careers afford....think forward , do you save and spend well, if not , START. 23yr. VET

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Whitney

64 months ago

Where do you live that dental hygiene is sooo competitive with no jobs? Because that is not the case in Memphis

exp in Newmarket, New Hampshire

64 months ago

Whitney said: Where do you live that dental hygiene is sooo competitive with no jobs? Because that is not the case in Memphis

Hi, So TN has plenty of work? How often and consistent and how's the pay there? Many states are feeling the crunch = 1 to 5 (?) listings = 100 R.D.H.'s sending in their resumes...and pay? negotiable, ben's? Many don't receive these other than CPR and OSHA training...What's your current situation...etc...if you know of offices looking please list ads or papers where D.H.'s can contact...I live in NH.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Whitney

64 months ago

I came out of ut last spring with several different employment options, I took a job starting out at 71k with full benefits. I was just making a point that just because you don't have All the DH opportunites where you are you shouldn't shut everyone else down.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

64 months ago

Whitney said: I came out of ut last spring with several different employment options, I took a job starting out at 71k with full benefits. I was just making a point that just because you don't have All the DH opportunites where you are you shouldn't shut everyone else down.

thanks for posting your story. I know that may not be the norm everywhere but in Memphis there seems to be a decent amount of opportunities at this time. Congrats on your wonderful opportunity!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

64 months ago

Thanks for the response. However, that didn't quite answer my question.

64 months ago

Whitney said: I came out of ut last spring with several different employment options, I took a job starting out at 71k with full benefits. I was just making a point that just because you don't have All the DH opportunites where you are you shouldn't shut everyone else down.

THANK YOU!

DH Concorde Student in Memphis, Tennessee

64 months ago

I graduated in Nov 2009, and I have passed all of my boards. For the people who want to know the truth about the job situation here in Memphis, I wil tell you. Out of 20 graduating students, 4 of them have jobs. 2 had jobs lined up before they ever went to hygiene school from their former employers when they were assistants. Only 2 other people have found jobs on their own. BUT THEY LIVE AND WORK IN ARKANSAS! NOT MEMPHIS!. Since graduation in November, only two jobs have been advertised for hygienists and they both required experience. To sum it up, the job opportunities here in Memphis are non-existant!!

64 months ago

Whitney said: Where do you live that dental hygiene is sooo competitive with no jobs? Because that is not the case in Memphis

Do you actually live in memphis?? Because there are no jobs here!! There are people who gradated 1,2,and 3 years ago who still don't have jobs because of the abundance of unemployed hygienists. So please elaborate on available job opportunities since you know of sooo many.

64 months ago

DH Concorde Student in Memphis, Tennessee said: Do you actually live in memphis?? Because there are no jobs here!! There are people who gradated 1,2,and 3 years ago who still don't have jobs because of the abundance of unemployed hygienists. So please elaborate on available job opportunities since you know of sooo many.

That's not completely accurate. Of the 20 that graduated, everyone was not eligible to begin work immediately. Due to boards and what not. And THREE girls out of five in AR have DH jobs. Everyone didn't take their boards at the same time so they aren't necessarily eligible for their license quite yet. I know of 1 or 2 who haven't even looked for employment yet. So what you are saying is not 100% the case.

64 months ago

People did schedule their board exams at different times. But that did not stop them from looking for jobs opportunities before hand. Many people sent out resumes before they ever took their boards. Until you, I have not yet seen a single student who has not been upset over the memphis job situation. (Excluding Arkansas students) It sounds like to me you are trying to defend the memphis job market. The only ones who have been doing that is the instructors at school because they do not want to discourage possible future students. Are you an instructor? :) I believe you are. But, anyway as you said 3 out of 5 arkansas students have a job. But you just proved my point! THEY LIVE IN ARKANSAS! I am not trying to negative, I am just being truthful. I believe that prospective students should know what they face before they pay $40,000 for 18 months of school.

64 months ago

Recentgrad said: Well, if you break down the annual cost for 4 years of tuition at UT and compare it to the cost of tuition for 2 years at Concorde, the price is pretty comparable. Also if time is a factor, seeing how it can be for students with families, that can also out weigh the cost difference. Also remember, the cost of scrubs, all books, your instruments, shots, national boards and srta exams are included in the cost if tuition. There is very little money, if any, paid out of pocket after tuition has been paid. There is also no difference in earning potential for a B.A. in DH versus a A.A.S in DH when practiced clinically. There are pros and cons to both. Just have to decide what's the best situation for you.

I don't know who you are, but I am pretty sure you are an instructor at Concorde. Because NO student has ever defended its rediculous tution. I know 3 people who have graduated from UT's hygiene program and they all said that they paid approximately $12,000 for their 4 years of education!!

Whitney

64 months ago

DH Concorde Student in Memphis, Tennessee said: Do you actually live in memphis?? Because there are no jobs here!! There are people who gradated 1,2,and 3 years ago who still don't have jobs because of the abundance of unemployed hygienists. So please elaborate on available job opportunities since you know of sooo many.

yes I actually live in bartlett, and it was not hard to find a job if you actually try, and trust me having a bachelor from UT, or any other college that does dental hygiene looks better than an associates. A job isn't going to run to your door step. And I never said therre were soooo many, I said I didn't have a problem finding one. I'll tell you one thing though, I wasn't sitting on the computer complaining about how there are no jobs either.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

64 months ago

Im not defending anything and no I am not an instructor. I am simply being impartial. As I said it is a decision you have to make for yourself. I am not defending the job market here nor am I defending the tuition, the only thing I did was list facts and if $12,000 is the total for 4 years of education, that is the cheapest college around! (In-state Tuition for U of M is about $6,500 per year) I looked up tuition info on UT and that is not accurate. Look here for tuition information on UT: www.uthsc.edu/financeoper/cashier/ahs-fee_information.html
and do the math for 4 full years of in-state tuition which does not include books. Yes it comes out cheaper, but not $28,000 cheaper. And all of us who attended Concorde had the opportunity to apply and or attend UT, so there is no reason to complain about the tuition. Each one of us made a decision to pay it. I'm only trying to be fair and and present facts. I also refuse to let others negative experiences make me bitter. Everyone's outcome is going to be different. Also, as positive as we are trying to be, everyone did not pass BOTH of their board exams. So you really have to readjust your persepctive.
Also I'm not going to argue points here, it's not productive. If someone asks a question about my experience there I will give my opinion. I can't speak for anyone else out there, only for myself.

64 months ago

Whitney said: yes I actually live in bartlett, and it was not hard to find a job if you actually try, and trust me having a bachelor from UT, or any other college that does dental hygiene looks better than an associates. A job isn't going to run to your door step. And I never said therre were soooo many, I said I didn't have a problem finding one. I'll tell you one thing though, I wasn't sitting on the computer complaining about how there are no jobs either.

Did you know that as of 2006 of the 309 hygiene programs in the U.S., only 64 of them are bachelor's degrees. There are at least 3 times as many associate's degrees. If you want to look for yourself, you can check the ADHA program directors survey 2006. It seems to me that if an associate's degree was that much inferior to a bachelor's degree, then why are there 3 times as many associate's degree programs? I can understand that you might feel threatened. Especially since there will be no difference in our pay. And before you argue that, I know what some of the girls from my class that have jobs are making. It ranges from $30 to $35 per hour. I have only done a few days of temp work since graduation, and I made $32 to $34 an hour.

DA in Leavenworth, Kansas

62 months ago

Hi I was wondering for the people that is currently in the Concorde DH program if its difficult? And if they would recommend Concorde College to anyone. Also I want feedback about so well this school is. THANKS!

Molly Pruett in Conway, Arkansas

62 months ago

I just had my interview for the dental hygiene program at Concorde in Memphis. I think it went really well and I will find out within the next 2 weeks whether or not I got in! Anyone else out there waiting as well?! I'd love to talk to you!

62 months ago

Molly Pruett in Conway, Arkansas said: I just had my interview for the dental hygiene program at Concorde in Memphis. I think it went really well and I will find out within the next 2 weeks whether or not I got in! Anyone else out there waiting as well?! I'd love to talk to you!

Was the interview difficult? And did you already take the HOBET?

62 months ago

The interview was a breeze. They made me feel very comfortable. The HOBET wasn't necessarily hard, but practice on your fractions for the math section.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

62 months ago

Molly Pruett in Conway, Arkansas said: The interview was a breeze. They made me feel very comfortable. The HOBET wasn't necessarily hard, but practice on your fractions for the math section.

Thank for the reply :D can you tell me that excatly is going to be on the test??? THANKS! Also what a good book to buy as a HOBET study guide?

62 months ago

I didn't buy a book. I just looked up example problems online and worked those over and over. There are quite a few different sections to the test but the only one I studied for was the math. What is your email? I'll send you the study guide I used!

62 months ago

Molly Pruett in Conway, Arkansas said: I didn't buy a book. I just looked up example problems online and worked those over and over. There are quite a few different sections to the test but the only one I studied for was the math. What is your email? I'll send you the study guide I used!

HI Molly my e-mail address is mrzprincessgee2u@yahoo.com :) thanks again for the reply :D

Sheri in Shawnee, Kansas

62 months ago

I dont know if you know the cost for the program but I do. I went to talk to them about 2 weeks ago. I about fell over! It has gone up to $54,000, yes fifty four thousand dollars! It is uppossed tgo include everything! Scrubs, insruments, books, boards, still dont know if anyone will pay that much when our local community college that offers the program for 1/2 the cost!!

62 months ago

Sheri in Shawnee, Kansas said: I dont know if you know the cost for the program but I do. I went to talk to them about 2 weeks ago. I about fell over! It has gone up to $54,000, yes fifty four thousand dollars! It is uppossed tgo include everything! Scrubs, insruments, books, boards, still dont know if anyone will pay that much when our local community college that offers the program for 1/2 the cost!!

OH MY!!! That is ALOT of money! Are you still thinking about enrolling? I have a appointment with them next week. I do not know if I can afford that.

Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.