Dental Hygiene Clinical Exam in FL

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (7)

GingerHobbes in Syracuse, New York

36 months ago

Hi all-

I am a hygienist taking the clinical exam in Gainesville, FL this December. I am from NY state and am having trouble finding a patient. It is not an easy process considering I'm from out of state. Does anyone know of places to contact that might be able to help me find a patient? Or are there any hygienist out there that will be taking the same exam this December who have a back up patient and are willing to let me use them? I am willing to compensate for the trouble.... Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!!!!

Thanks! :)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

kimmya in Tampa, Florida

36 months ago

Hello, I am in the in a similar situation, and I live in Tampa, Fl. I am having a hard time also finding a patient, I am scheduled to take the exam in Gainsville. I am 2 1/2 hours away from the college, so it is a long drive just to screen someone. Then there is a reliability factor, and hopefully who we choose will be reliable. I am transferring my license from Michigan. We'll keep in touch, here is my email-kimmya2011@hotmail.com
Kim

Joey in Miami, Florida

36 months ago

GingerHobbes in Syracuse, New York said: Hi all-

I am a hygienist taking the clinical exam in Gainesville, FL this December. I am from NY state and am having trouble finding a patient. It is not an easy process considering I'm from out of state. Does anyone know of places to contact that might be able to help me find a patient? Or are there any hygienist out there that will be taking the same exam this December who have a back up patient and are willing to let me use them? I am willing to compensate for the trouble.... Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!!!!

Thanks! :)

Hi! I'm from Miami, Florida and just took the exam in June...
I would recommend that you ask local dental offices if it would be possible for you to screen some of their patients for the exam (Florida says its allowed and legal!) Also, contact dental hygiene programs and ask if they are offering a class to allow graduates an opportunity to screen patients for the upcoming exam (Most do!)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

GingerHobbes in Syracuse, New York

36 months ago

Wow, ok thanks for the information! I will try contacting the schools in that area. I contacted UF to see if I could use their facilities to take xrays if I needed, but they said to wait and see what my CIB says when I get it in the mail. I'm guessing she may not have had the answer to that, and no one else there at the time did either. I will try again another day though. I may have a couple of patients (family) that I could use. So, we'll see if that works first! Thanks!

staceyrdh in Boynton Beach, Florida

34 months ago

I am in south florida now with an active GA license. I already have two potential clinical board patients, but my instruments are my worries. Can anyone tell me if the clinical site in Gainsville offers any supplies to purchase?? Thanks.

RDHCJ in Boston, Massachusetts

33 months ago

I would suggest contacting colleges down in FL that teach dental hygiene. Call the person in charge of the hygiene program in FL AND call the FL dental board and ask them how you can find a patient to work on for the exam when you are out of state. Or find a relative who hasn't been to a dentist in 2+ years and bring them with you to FL. Offer to give them a free mini vacation to FL.

Meryem in Delray Beach, Florida

15 months ago

Hi everyone ,
I would like to ask you that dental hygiene clinical exam two times a year right or not , summer and winter in Palm Beach College . Has there anybody about that .

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.