Dental Hygiene School

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1 to 50 of 180)
Page:   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

AC2010 in Elma, Washington

65 months ago

Hello,

I just got rejected from the Pierce College dental hygiene program in Lakewood, WA. I've heard it's one of the more difficult schools to get in, but I had been fairly confidence since I have a 4.0 GPA in math/science and a 3.9 overall (got all A's, one A-). My HOBET score was 80, Writing sample 26/30 (average for applicants was 25), and the Space Relations an unfortunate 65 (the average on this was an 80 for applicants). So, I understand the space relations was where things went awry. Also, they count 10% towards extracurricular/work experience and I have no idea how much they awarded to me. I have only done sporadic volunteer work for 2 years at my child's school for around 5 hours per week. Most likely it wasn't worth much to them, despite the nice letter of recommendation.

Any advice about reapplying? I'm stuck with just applying to Pierce again since it's the only school within reasonable driving distance. I've been curious to know how my application rating faired compared to the other applicants. Would it be prudent to contact the director and ask her about it or should I just not bother? I'm hesitant to bother her about it but having more info will influence my decision on whether I should spend more time reapplying or just go for a nursing degree. I have to decide by May 22 on whether or not to send in the $40 application fee so they can maintain my file.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

butterfly12 in Renton, Washington

65 months ago

Hi,
I'm sorry you weren't accepted.
I am not sure exactly how schools decide on who they accept/deny. I actually applied to 4 diff hyginee schools in WA state, and I got into two out of four. I am surprised, you had great grades! You definitely need to see if Pierce holds a meeting of some sort, to maybe give you advice on what you can do to get accepted next year.
What will you do now? I hope not all is lost; you can just work this year and reapply again next year.
I also took the space relations at pierce; i got a 66.8% and a 28/30 on the writing sample.
How come you only applied to Pierce; how far do you live from the other schools?
Is nursing your passion? You have to be sure you want to be a nurse, 'cause personally, I wouldn't want to....

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

65 months ago

Thank you for the reply. I'm certainly going to reapply to Pierce and unfortunately I cannot apply elsewhere in this state. Pierce is a 1 hour drive from my home, and I am married and have a young special needs child. We also don't have family here that can help. It's just not possible to commute 2 hours one way to Clark College (for example) when I still need to be available for my family.

As for the space relations score, I'm kicking myself for not being more prepared. I should have bought a practice book or something. I'm quite surprised the average was 80 as I ran out of time and had to guess on about 10 of the problems. Yikes. Do you know if you have to re-take both the writing sample and space relations when reapplying? I've looked on the website and haven't come up with a definitive answer. I'm guessing you can keep the same scores and can re-take both or just the one. As for the HOBET, I was told 80 is a good score, it's also in the superior range according to the national average. Perhaps it's just not competitive enough. If you don't mind my asking, what was your HOBET score? Did you get into Pierce? Not to drill you but what was your sci/math gpa and nonscience gpa? Congrats on getting into 2 schools by the way!!! That's fantastic. Good luck!!

I don't feel hope is lost but this did come as a shock. I even met with the Pierce director and she was very impressed with my GPA. She even commented that it was higher than what she'd been seeing lately--but that was back in January. But, having a 4.0 in sci/math only counts for 40% of the application so it sure isn't enough to guarantee a spot.

As for nursing, I have better chances of getting in and the school is much closer to my home.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

65 months ago

Hi,
My Hobet score was really good (although I took that test 2 yrs ago).The HOBET composite score was 87%, the overall composite math was 97%. Which score is considered by Pierce?
My science GPA was 3.78 and non-science was 3.84.
I did get into Pierce.

65 months ago

The test proctor said they just look at the overall composite score. I wish they just looked at the math as I got a 98% on that portion! Your overall composite was quite high! I'm sure that made a difference as it counts for 20% of the application. Seems I've just been hyperfocused on my GPA and didn't consider that those additional tests make a big difference. The director said they look for a HOBET of 80 so I just went with that. Also ran out of time to take it again prior to the application deadline.

So, have you decided which school to attend? I'm going to reapply but will have to either find a job or start volunteering asap. Though it has to be for 1 year and there isn't enough time to show this for my next application. Reapplying just might be a hopeless cause but I'll go ahead with it anyway. I wonder if they rate dental office experience higher than volunteer work at schools? Either way, I'm already feeling like nursing would just be a better option for me.

This application process has been a humbling experience. Anyway, I wish you the best!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

jujus in Bellevue, Washington

65 months ago

AC2010 in Elma, Washington said: The test proctor said they just look at the overall composite score. I wish they just looked at the math as I got a 98% on that portion! Your overall composite was quite high! I'm sure that made a difference as it counts for 20% of the application. Seems I've just been hyperfocused on my GPA and didn't consider that those additional tests make a big difference. The director said they look for a HOBET of 80 so I just went with that. Also ran out of time to take it again prior to the application deadline.

So, have you decided which school to attend? I'm going to reapply but will have to either find a job or start volunteering asap. Though it has to be for 1 year and there isn't enough time to show this for my next application. Reapplying just might be a hopeless cause but I'll go ahead with it anyway. I wonder if they rate dental office experience higher than volunteer work at schools? Either way, I'm already feeling like nursing would just be a better option for me.

This application process has been a humbling experience. Anyway, I wish you the best!

I also applied to Pierce and didn't get in...its a crappy feeling....My grades were pretty good but I took a lot of my classes years ago when I was just doing my aa degree so I wasn't trying to ace everything...which now I wish I did. It really sucks how admissions is only once a year because now we have to wait a whole new year to get in.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

65 months ago

jujus in Bellevue, Washington said: I also applied to Pierce and didn't get in...its a crappy feeling....My grades were pretty good but I took a lot of my classes years ago when I was just doing my aa degree so I wasn't trying to ace everything...which now I wish I did. It really sucks how admissions is only once a year because now we have to wait a whole new year to get in.

I'm sorry you didn't get in either. Sure doesn't feel good. Isn't it just insane? I think we'd all have better chances applying to dental or medical school! lol

I also just found out that a classmate of mine got into Pierce; she and I had the exact same GPA and test scores (HOBET, space relations, and writing!). I believe the main difference between us was her extracurricular points. I'm certain she was awarded more credit for her work as my volunteering at the elementary school was dependent on school hours (which often conflicted with my morning class schedule).

Have you applied to other schools? If you can you should. As for me, I'm just going for the nursing degree now. Is dental hygiene really worth this stress? I've been reading a lot of negative comments about it on this board--mostly about horrid back/hand problems and difficulty finding employment.

Juju in Tacoma, Washington

65 months ago

No I couldn't apply to more than one school this year because I was not done with micro and Pierce was the school that would take applicants even if you had a few classes left. Yea I pretty much rushed this last year by taking two science classes with another non-science and was put into overload so I couldn't ace everything and I didn't even get in, it's so hard because I was trying to be able to apply to all the schools well the (four around me)...I think I am going to try to re-take a couple classes and apply to all the schools I can next year....Also you have to think that they were over fifty people on the testing day and I'm sure there were a lot of re-applicants this year too who got in I know last year 13 out of the twenty students who got in were re-applicants....I think Pierce is into re-applicants. Oh well....just think positive and keep trying to do something

shellerela in Huntington Beach, California

65 months ago

I am curious what hygienists are getting paid to place arestin. Can any of you let me know? Thanks for your time.

65 months ago

Hygienists get paid a wage or a salary (arestin or not). Are you trying to find out how much arestin costs to the patients?
Some offices pay an additional percentage based on production, and I imagine something like Arestin would be an additional production booster.
Did that answer your question?

BM in Raymond, New Hampshire

65 months ago

AC2010 in Elma, Washington said: Thank you for the reply. I'm certainly going to reapply to Pierce and unfortunately I cannot apply elsewhere in this state. Pierce is a 1 hour drive from my home, and I am married and have a young special needs child. We also don't have family here that can help. It's just not possible to commute 2 hours one way to Clark College (for example) when I still need to be available for my family.

As for the space relations score, I'm kicking myself for not being more prepared. I should have bought a practice book or something. I'm quite surprised the average was 80 as I ran out of time and had to guess on about 10 of the problems. Yikes. Do you know if you have to re-take both the writing sample and space relations when reapplying? I've looked on the website and haven't come up with a definitive answer. I'm guessing you can keep the same scores and can re-take both or just the one. As for the HOBET, I was told 80 is a good score, it's also in the superior range according to the national average. Perhaps it's just not competitive enough. If you don't mind my asking, what was your HOBET score? Did you get into Pierce? Not to drill you but what was your sci/math gpa and nonscience gpa? Congrats on getting into 2 schools by the way!!! That's fantastic. Good luck!!

I don't feel hope is lost but this did come as a shock. I even met with the Pierce director and she was very impressed with my GPA. She even commented that it was higher than what she'd been seeing lately--but that was back in January. But, having a 4.0 in sci/math only counts for 40% of the application so it sure isn't enough to guarantee a spot.

As for nursing, I have better chances of getting in and the school is much closer to my home.

Hi Elma, I see that you spoke with the Director . Did she give you a breakdown of why you were not accepted? Did she say that you are on a holding list possibly if someone decides not to attend this school?

65 months ago

Hi,

I only met with the director prior to submitting my application. She had to approve of some classes. As for providing a breakdown of why I didn't get in, I haven't contacted her about it yet. They don't have a wait list for the program so the only option is to reapply.

In the meantime, I'm going for the nursing program and will have the first year completed by the time I reapply. Oddly enough, the nursing program is more competitive than Pierce DH in terms of GPA. I actually have a better shot at nursing.

Butterfly12 in Spokane, Washington

62 months ago

AC2010,
I was wondering: did you end up getting into nursing school?
How are you anyways?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

AC2010 in Menlo, Washington

62 months ago

I haven't heard from them yet but I'm feeling pretty confident I'll get in. Still have a great GPA, got an A in microbiology and just have one more class to complete. I'll know whether or not I'm in the nursing program in October. I think not getting into Pierce was a blessing in disguise because the commute would have been horrendous. However, it still sucks to be rejected after working so hard, and manly because I opted to dedicate more time to my special needs child at home. Please, they think I can't multitask? They have no idea.

hollymdc97 in alpharetta, Georgia

62 months ago

Hello everyone, I am an EFDA at an office right now. I really want to go to hygiene school but, I cannot afford to make any less money than I am now in order to live. :o) Any suggestions on how to attend hygiene school and still work at a job that will allow me to continue to pay my bills??????

exp in Massachusetts

62 months ago

hollymdc97 in alpharetta, Georgia said: Hello everyone, I am an EFDA at an office right now. I really want to go to hygiene school but, I cannot afford to make any less money than I am now in order to live. :o) Any suggestions on how to attend hygiene school and still work at a job that will allow me to continue to pay my bills??????

First off : what is an EFDA? Second: have you been reading the hygiene situation across the USA? Not GOOD! Expensive, not lucrative, and very, VERY, competitive ....Most find having a job other than on a Sat/Sun would be difficult. Maybe, find out the cost of going to the school you're interested in , save for it , then in 2 or so years (if our market gets better), attend. But again, PLEASE re-think this as a major: the schools and F.T. R.D.H.'s will say "great field,....." BUT the TRUTH is if you are spending a lot of money for an education, don't you want to have a lucrative or fair income? Not the case in our field right now. I'm not trying to be negative, I just hate to see anyone thinking that this field is growing and jobs are there....not right now....

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Butterfly12 in Spokane, Washington

62 months ago

EFDA is an expanded functions dental assistant. That's first of all. Second of all, exp - just because a field is competitive, does not mean you should discourage others from it. It is a great field. Maybe you live in an area where this field is not doing so well (sounds like it), or maybe you personally aren't successful in this field; anyhow, in WA state, jobs are plentiful and wages are great.
hollymdc97: one idea for the time you're attending school is to move in with your parents/friends/ etc. You'll have to make sacrifices if you want to go through the program. Good luck.

ravensmum in Tacoma, Washington

56 months ago

Hi everyone. I am applying to Pierce next week. I have a 3.97 for science gpa and 3.9 for non-science. I have tons of volunteer work, and I just got an 84 on the Hobet with 100% on the math section. What do you think my chances are of getting accepted this year? And, does anyone know if its easier to get accepted at the Lakewood vs the Port Angeles campus?
Thanks for your input!

56 months ago

Also, can anyone give me information about the types of questions asked on the space relations test?
Thanks again!

butterfly13 in Puyallup, Washington

56 months ago

Hi,
It sounds like you are doing great!
I would say you have very good chances at being accepted at either location. Is one better than another for you location-wise?
I am currently a DH student at the Lakewood campus Pierce.
The space relations test is kinda different. It is a timed multiple choice test where you have to be able to picture an unfolded object being "put together" into a 3-D object. I had some troubles with that test, but was still able to get in. Good luck!

56 months ago

Right now I live in Port Ludlow, so it's an hour to each location, so I'd be willing to move to Gig Harbor, or Sequim, depending on which one I got accepted to. I'd prefer the Lakewood campus though. Is there a study guide that you can get to help prepare for the space relations test, do you know? And what can you tell me about the writing sample? Thanks for letting me pick your brain! You're posts are really helpful!

exp in Epping, New Hampshire

56 months ago

Butterfly12 in Spokane, Washington said: EFDA is an expanded functions dental assistant. That's first of all. Second of all, exp - just because a field is competitive, does not mean you should discourage others from it. It is a great field. Maybe you live in an area where this field is not doing so well (sounds like it), or maybe you personally aren't successful in this field; anyhow, in WA state, jobs are plentiful and wages are great.
hollymdc97: one idea for the time you're attending school is to move in with your parents/friends/ etc. You'll have to make sacrifices if you want to go through the program. Good luck.

I AM successful, and still enjoy being an R.D.H., but the truth is those thinking of training in this field should look into the states, and employment rate in THEIR state through speaking with F.T., P.T., agencies(how often do they get work), etc. NOW, to make sure it is lucrative/succesful/and employment IS THERE for them, when they've completed the rigorous program. It is quite expensive to train now and many states with MANY qualified R.D.H.'s are having a rough time: competition for the few good positions, and benefits? if they are even offered. Many of us ARE professionals with all the skills and x-tra cert's it takes now to be employed. The Dr.'s do have an upper hand now due to the influx in this field.
SO, to those looking for a career it appears that TX and Washington (Spokane) have jobs....
To the R.D.H. who answered what I posed...I am not the only one finding it hard...please see other threads/responses to the abundance of R.D.H.'s seeking employment, and some of the underhanded tackticks by office staff...MANY are between a rock and a hard place...and they have stated their experiences as well and STILL want to be the professionals they are and work in their choosen field.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

butterfly13 in Puyallup, Washington

56 months ago

Well, when I was trying to prepare myself for the space relations test, I googled it. The sample tests I found were nothing like the actual test. So, I later found out that some girls actually bought some books that deal with entrances to dental schools, that included some study guides on the space relations test.
The writing sample was different from all the other schools (I applied to 4 hygiene schools, so I've been through their loops). The topic last year was to write about how a job is different than a career, etc. There was a quote from some philosopher about the topic, and you had to write your response on the issue. I tried to incorporate the field of dental hygiene into my essay, especially since the directions didn't ask for it, and there is no interview or anything in order to get into Pierce.
I did pretty good on the essay, got 28/30 possible points. The space relations, I did bad on. I got a 64%. I still got in. I hope you do as well.
Oh, and I personally recommend the lakewood campus, because being at port angeles, you have to have lectures transmitted via some projector on the wall, so it's a little weird. But hey, whatever works. I heard that there aren't very many applicants to the port angeles campus last year (like 8, to tell you the truth; one instructor mentioned it once).
let me know if there is anything else i can help you with!
hygiene school is very exciting; much less stressful than the pre-requisites :)

56 months ago

thanks so much for all your information! You're so helpful!

hyg sucks in Richmond, Virginia

56 months ago

I think some of the entrance test they have you do are stupid. What does a space relation has to do with hyg. What you need for hygiene you will learn in school. They need to K.I.S.S. Hope you get in ravensmum your GPA is excellent and you should be proud. I know I would.

56 months ago

I do to! Thanks for all your well wishes!

tara in Kitchener, Ontario

56 months ago

Does anyone know about Dental hygiene program admission at George brown college? I wanna change my program at conestoga college to dental hygiene program. I just finished my first semester( GPA A+) . Do you think I can get admission in this program from George brown college.
Thanks

newgirl in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

56 months ago

Hi all,

I'm planning on applying to hygiene school in Washington state next year (Jan. 2011). Can anyone tell me what schools are the easiest/hardest to get into? Also, I'm wondering what "other" things to do to make my application stand out. If you have any suggestions, I'd appreciate it! TIA

ravensmum in Federal Way, Washington

56 months ago

Hi newgirl...
I am applying to Pierce College, Shoreline College, Seattle Central CC, and Lake Washington Technical College. Pierce is the only college that you can apply to without having all of the prereq's already completed, which is nice. I'm hoping to get into Pierce for fall 2010. Good luck!

Chelsea in Seattle, Washington

55 months ago

I am applying in 2011 too. I am so nervous! I have worked at a dental office for almost 2 years now as a sterilization tech. and my GPA is decent. What do you think my chances are of getting accepted??

Linda Cowan in Salisbury, North Carolina

55 months ago

Hi,

I am appying to the dental hygiene program for the fall 2010 @ Forsthy Tech.Comm. College. I saw your grades on line and I'm here to tell you they are GREAT. My grades are good ,but nothing like that.If you would have applied @ this school you would have been the #1 pick. I don't know yet if I got into the program,but my chances are good.We are not required to take the HOBET And I am glad because I don't do well on those types of test.The school takes 14 girls and they are on a point system last years girls got in fro a 94-107.So, just think you would have gotten into this program with no problems."O" they have a 100% passing rate.I don't think these schools should use the Hobet because this test should not define who you are.Good luck next time reapplying,and please wish me luck on getting in this fall.

ravensmum in Seattle, Washington

55 months ago

Hi Linda,
Thanks for your nice words! I hope you get in too!
Hey butterfly13, do you recall how many applicants were there when you did your space relations and essay? I got my validation letter today along with my invite to attend the testing, so I'm wondering how many more people will be there.
Thanks!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Butterfly13 in Bonney Lake, Washington

55 months ago

Hi! I think there were about 60-70 people. Maybe I am exaggerating but there were a lot of people... I didn't get a validation letter (the mail wasn't delivered correctly), so I almost missed that day!I ended up calling Pierce like a week before the event (test day) asking when validation letters would be mailed out. They said that they've already been mailed out. I then asked if my name was on the list of people who got the letter. She checked (registration lady) and said that yes, I did get a letter (was supposed to, at least). So that was a close call.
I hope you get in! When is the big day? Maybe I'll stop by (since we are right next to the building where the tests are held), it'll be fun to see everyone who applied :)

butterfly13 in Bonney Lake, Washington

54 months ago

Well, the topic for last year was "what it means to be a professional" or something to that nature. That essay was supposed to be written after reading a phrase from some famous person.
The Space Relations test was kinda different and I didn't do well. Just skip questions instead of thinking hard if you don't know; that way when the time runs out, you did as much as you could. I didn't do like 13 questions and time ran out. :(

rainyday in Bellevue, Washington

54 months ago

Anyone received the invitation for inverview from Lake Washington, Shoreline or Seattle central?

Rainyday in Bellevue, Washington

54 months ago

ravensmum in Federal Way, Washington said: Hi newgirl...
I am applying to Pierce College, Shoreline College, Seattle Central CC, and Lake Washington Technical College. Pierce is the only college that you can apply to without having all of the prereq's already completed, which is nice. I'm hoping to get into Pierce for fall 2010. Good luck!

did you get invitation for interview from any schools yet?
I am applying DH this year, too and waiting for the invitation.

54 months ago

I only applied to Pierce this year, and yes I did get an invitation!! :o)
How about you?

Rainyday in Tacoma, Washington

54 months ago

ravensmum in Seattle, Washington said: I only applied to Pierce this year, and yes I did get an invitation!! :o)
How about you?

I applied to lake washington,shoreline, seattle central....and waiting for the interview invitation.....Good luck on your interview!!!! ^-^

Satori in Seattle, Washington

54 months ago

I have an orientation day to attend at Clark College in Vancouver, WA on March 5th. Has anyone attended the mandatory orientation day? If so, what was it like? All I know is that we're expected to take the Compass/Asset test to test our college level skills (not sure why) and there is no interview. Instead, there will be 12 DH faculty staff going around each student individually to answer any questions you have etc. Also, Shoreline CC called my work today to verify my employment. I hope they'll call me for an interview soon. Keeping my fingers crossed!

Chels in Seattle, Washington

54 months ago

Did you get in even though you did do so well on the space relations test?

rainlyday in Bellevue, Washington

54 months ago

Satori in Seattle, Washington said: I have an orientation day to attend at Clark College in Vancouver, WA on March 5th. Has anyone attended the mandatory orientation day? If so, what was it like? All I know is that we're expected to take the Compass/Asset test to test our college level skills (not sure why) and there is no interview. Instead, there will be 12 DH faculty staff going around each student individually to answer any questions you have etc. Also, Shoreline CC called my work today to verify my employment. I hope they'll call me for an interview soon. Keeping my fingers crossed!

I have an orientation day on March 5th, also. Also, I applied to Shoreline, but did not get any answers yet. My fingers crossed too!!!!! ^-^ Good luck!!

Ginny1981 in Portland, Oregon

54 months ago

I am also going to be at Clark College on March 5th!

SOOOOO nervous! lol.
Good luck to the both of you!

butterfly13 in Bonney Lake, Washington

54 months ago

Chels in Seattle, Washington said: Did you get in even though you did do so well on the space relations test?

Yeah, I did get into Pierce! :)
I am almost finished with the second quarter of hygiene school. It's great!

lady with questions in Sammamish, Washington

54 months ago

Ms Butterfly13 as the knowledgeable voice with experience- since you applied to 4 schools, would you mind telling me if you interviewed at shoreline cc or lake washington tech school or seattle central cc, and if so were they group interviews(if so how many people?), was there an essay test for each school? Also did you attend the open houses for the schools. Were there any questions that were revolved around dental assisting procedures? Were there any questions that were asked by all schools? What schools were you accepted in and why did you choose Pierce? ( I am sooo sorry if the last question was too personal, I hope it didn't offend you in anyway)

Also girls, have you recieved your status from any of the schools yet?

exp in Exeter, New Hampshire

54 months ago

How long has Butterfly 13 been a D.H.(?), since lady w/?'s says you are the knowledgeable voice with experience?

54 months ago

Sorry...I see that B13 is a student, so the experience is being a D.H. student.

54 months ago

In my humble opinion, anyone who has successfully made it through prereq's, and has been accepted into any dental hygiene school has plenty of experience! She has been a great help and comfort to me while preparing for DH school. Butterfly 13 for president!! :o)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

54 months ago

Ravensmum, Are you presently working in the Dental field in any capacity? If you can gain experience in an office before school starts...it's always beneficial, also googling ?'s for info. GL in Hygiene school. It might also be helpful, prior to school to just see what the work sit. is in your state, pay, etc...temp ag's and D.H. practicing now can give you insight as to the real world as they see it , politics in the office, etc...

54 months ago

I've been an assistant for way too many years, and an office manager for about 10. I'm hoping it will help once I get accepted into school. I'm pretty confident about the job situation here in the Seattle area. I've got 2 previous employers that are willing to pay for school, if I come work for them after.

Butterfly13 in Bonney Lake, Washington

54 months ago

Hello Lady with Questions,
After applying to 4 schools, I got to see what every school's interviewing process is. Lake Washington was a panel interview. It was pretty intimidating. Each interviewer (there were about 6) took turns asking me questions. Then, I had to answer and they took notes. None of them smiled. :)
First, though, all the scheduled interviewees had to write an essay. The topic was about eye-hand coordination and three examples of when in life you got experience with that... I was accepted to Lake Washington.
Shoreline: Panel interview, much less intimidating; the interview wasn't difficult, especially since they gave me the questions they'll be asking about 15 mins prior to the interview. I did not get accepted to Shoreline but was an alternate #6, and about a week later, they called me and offered me a spot. The staff there was very friendly.
Seattle Central was a group interview. Weird process, and I didn't get in. I was an alternate #12. I did have some issues with the director, so it may have been personal... Don't know. I don't think Seattle Central is a school I'd want to attend..

QUOTE who="lady with questions in Sammamish, Washington"]Ms Butterfly13 as the knowledgeable voice with experience- since you applied to 4 schools, would you mind telling me if you interviewed at shoreline cc or lake washington tech school or seattle central cc, and if so were they group interviews(if so how many people?), was there an essay test for each school? Also did you attend the open houses for the schools. Were there any questions that were revolved around dental assisting procedures? Were there any questions that were asked by all schools? What schools were you accepted in and why did you choose Pierce? ( I am sooo sorry if the last question was too personal, I hope it didn't offend you in anyway)

Also girls, have you recieved your status from any of the schools yet?

Page:   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.