Dental Hygienist Schools in Dallas

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (2)

T.Renae in Garland, Texas

16 months ago

I'm currently a RDA and I have been for a little over a year know. The pay isn't so great so I decided to go back to school for hygiene because I do enjoy working in the dental field. But I'm debating if I want to go to a Community College or a Technical school such as Concorde Career College. I'm not sure with one would be more beneficial, can someone please help me out. I would like to hear both sides someone who went to a Community College and someone who went to Concorde (Dallas campus) if possible.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

SBRDH in miami beach, Florida

16 months ago

T.Renae in Garland, Texas said: I'm currently a RDA and I have been for a little over a year know. The pay isn't so great so I decided to go back to school for hygiene because I do enjoy working in the dental field. But I'm debating if I want to go to a Community College or a Technical school such as Concorde Career College. I'm not sure with one would be more beneficial, can someone please help me out. I would like to hear both sides someone who went to a Community College and someone who went to Concorde (Dallas campus) if possible.

The most cost effective choice would be the community college. Someone posted on another forum that a school such as Concorde will cost you over $60,000 for your hygiene degree. What you have to consider though are the job openings for a hygienist. If you have a guaranteed position as a dental hygienist in your current office go for the degree. If not you might want to think twice about putting so much money into a degree that offers very few to no jobs to seasoned and new hygienists.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.