Dental hygiene job market in Las Vegas, NV

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (2)

Ashley in Flagstaff, Arizona

31 months ago

I was wondering if anyone knew how the job market was in Las Vegas, NV? I am currently licensed in Arizona and I am a new graduate. I am having a hard time finding work and was thinking I may get my license in Nevada and move to Las Vegas by the end of 2012 if I haven't found any work here in Arizona. I've checked craigslist the last few weeks and there seems to be quite a few postings for hygienists (3-5 a week). I was just wondering if anyone could tell me first hand how it is before I waste more money and time?
Thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

4yr temp in Las Vegas, Nevada

28 months ago

Ashley in Flagstaff, Arizona said: I was wondering if anyone knew how the job market was in Las Vegas, NV? I am currently licensed in Arizona and I am a new graduate. I am having a hard time finding work and was thinking I may get my license in Nevada and move to Las Vegas by the end of 2012 if I haven't found any work here in Arizona. I've checked craigslist the last few weeks and there seems to be quite a few postings for hygienists (3-5 a week). I was just wondering if anyone could tell me first hand how it is before I waste more money and time?
Thanks

Sorry, to say, the job market here is one of the worst in the country (see www.dentaliq.com-- ) we are ranked #50 out of 50 states for meaningful employment.
I have been practicing for 8yrs. of which 4yrs. I have been a temp. Thank goodness, I have a supportive husband otherwise, I would not be able to support myself.
The dentists are aware of the overflow of hygienist and want you to compete for position. Generally, whom ever will take the less pay will get the job. Usually, this is $10 under adverage pay. Insurance is a rarity. Good Luck!
If I didnt have roots here, I would leave.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.