Florida dental hygiene: Computer simulated exam

Comments (51 to 100 of 343)
Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  Next »   Last »

Lisa in Venice, Florida

32 months ago

I use the Andy RDH review and it got me a 91% on the computer simulated exam. I graduated 2 years ago, so it was a GREAT review for me and I highly recommend it. go to dentaltease.com

Eileen in Clearwater, Florida

32 months ago

I just ordered it about 2 hours ago, but it didn't come to my email yet. How long does it take to get? I have the exam on Tuesday.

Lisa in Venice, Florida

32 months ago

I had a problem even ordering the slides, so I emailed them ( andycodding@gmail.com ) and Andy emailed back fairly quickly. I just looked back through my emails, I ordered it and Andy emailed me the next day with the user name & password. Listen, this exam is fairly easy. Study these slides you get from Andy and you will do fine. Oddly, on the exam, a lot of the questions pertained directly to the slides Andy had. There were NO surprise questions for me. I felt very very prepared. I think if you get the slides tomorrow and study this weekend, you will be FINE!!! I took the exam the end of August and it was not hard.

Good luck :) Email Andy and explain your concern, I'm sure he will respond quickly, he did for me.

Lisa

Eileen in Clearwater, Florida

32 months ago

ok, I just emailed him. Thanks for your help...this really helps. Did you take the clinicals, yet? I take them in October at University of Florida. Did you need to bring your own blood pressure kit? Do they provide you with prophy angle tips? Also, I need to get my instruments sterilized....I just moved to Florida. Any suggestions?

Lisa in Venice, Florida

32 months ago

I did take my clinical already, but I took it in Michigan ~ we are moving to Michigan from Florida. You will need to direct your questions to the U of F. They will tell you what to bring. I THINK you have to bring EVERYTHING to the U of F. Don't quote me on that, but I don't believe they supply anything (bring your own disposables ect...). As far as sterilizing your instruments, I would suggest going into one of your local dental offices and I'm sure one of them would be willing to help you ~ with sterilization and hopefully allowing you to bring in your potential patient to screen and take x-rays. If you haven't screened your patient yet, I would suggest you do that asap. Please know, the actual clinical is NOT bad at all. It is a fairly laid back atmosphere. The clinic floor examiners were friendly (at least they were at the U of M). They walked you through all the paperwork at the orientation. Just be confident and you will do fine :) Thankfully I passed my clinical, but if I had to do it over again, I certainly wouldn't stress about it ~ it wasn't that bad..... good luck with everything

Lisa in Venice, Florida

32 months ago

www.nerb.org/b/documents/FL_Docs_UFL_H_Packet.pdf this link is for U of F. It tells you everything they provide and everything you need to bring ~ you need to bring all disposables :( that sucks. You need to find a local dental office to help you. :-/ wish I could help ya. I was lucky and had a hygienist friend in Michigan who helped me. Hopefully you can find a local RDH or even an assistant that could help you.

yan in Plant City, Florida

32 months ago

Lisa in Venice, Florida said: I use the Andy RDH review and it got me a 91% on the computer simulated exam. I graduated 2 years ago, so it was a GREAT review for me and I highly recommend it. go to dentaltease.com

How long do you have access to the review? I still have to take my clinicals in November.

Lisa in Venice, Florida

32 months ago

yan in Plant City, Florida said: How long do you have access to the review? I still have to take my clinicals in November.

Hmm I can't remember - maybe 3 months?? Check on the website because it should tell you on there. If not, email him and he will tell you. I'm sure if you ordered it now it would be good for oct & nov. I only studied for a couple of weeks from his slides and did good. Good luck to you :-)

russellrdhlmt in North Port, Florida

28 months ago

I have taken the clinical portion of Adex.. Im in process of getting license from IL to FL.
Just purchased combo pack from dentaltease for FL laws and computer portion.
Do you feel studying from these 2 will make it poss to pass?
Is it just slides on the computer portion?
also, any ideas on a cheap CPR in FL?

My email is russellmassage@yahoo.com for any feedback too..thank you!!

mimi2012 in High Point, North Carolina

28 months ago

russellrdhlmt in North Port, Florida said: I have taken the clinical portion of Adex.. Im in process of getting license from IL to FL.
Just purchased combo pack from dentaltease for FL laws and computer portion.
Do you feel studying from these 2 will make it poss to pass?
Is it just slides on the computer portion?
also, any ideas on a cheap CPR in FL?

My email is russellmassage@yahoo.com for any feedback too..thank you!!

Hi! I took the Nerb computer portion in December 2012 and passed just by studying the slides from dental tease. Good Luck!

Meryem Birben in Deray Beach in Boynton Beach, Florida

28 months ago

I am a foreign dentist . I want to take Florida clinical exam and NBDHE But it's long time (18 months) since I dealt with patients directly, or getting clinical exposure. I really need help in building up my confidence with clinical exposure as required for passing my FL clinical exam.Also I don't know what I will do Could you please advise me a book or web site for studying Is there any course or workshop I can attend to for the clinical part. Please advice. Can anyone help me.

viv in West Palm Beach, Florida

27 months ago

there is a Clinical Remedial Course at Palm Beach State College. It takes 3 month, 2 days a week and cost more or less $2,700. As it already starded you can use the books: Fundamentals of periodontal instrumentation & advanced root instrumentation, 7th ed. and clinical practice of the dental hygienist, 11 ed. You can find both at dentalebooks.com There are a lot of info online, slide shows, videos, etc. Be well

exp in Massachusetts

27 months ago

Isn't it sad that with all the training we go through that we can't find enough work, have to take each states exams, pay for additional or refresher courses....really, esp. if you have been practicing on a regular basis, unless you are working in a practice that wants all their RDH's to have this additional background.....no union....really....always the almighty $ if in effect. NO RECIPROCITY....the almighty $ wins out again......

italia in Moreno Valley, California

27 months ago

Meryem Birben in Deray Beach in Boynton Beach, Florida said: I am a foreign dentist . I want to take Florida clinical exam and NBDHE But it's long time (18 months) since I dealt with patients directly, or getting clinical exposure. I really need help in building up my confidence with clinical exposure as required for passing my FL clinical exam.Also I don't know what I will do Could you please advise me a book or web site for studying Is there any course or workshop I can attend to for the clinical part. Please advice. Can anyone help me.

Do not worry. just take the review i was reading they help a lot. check with Andy RDHS. IT IS ONLY $ 55 FOR THE LAW EXAM AND COMPUTER SIMULATED exam.
Can someone tell me if i can take the law and the computer simulated exam in another state? i live in ca and i want to move to fl. And when those test are available during the year? Thank you so much !!!

27 months ago

Meryem Birben in Deray Beach in Boynton Beach, Florida said: I am a foreign dentist . I want to take Florida clinical exam and NBDHE But it's long time (18 months) since I dealt with patients directly, or getting clinical exposure. I really need help in building up my confidence with clinical exposure as required for passing my FL clinical exam.Also I don't know what I will do Could you please advise me a book or web site for studying Is there any course or workshop I can attend to for the clinical part. Please advice. Can anyone help me.

and for the national board take the www.janewrdh.com to review it. It is not that hard !! good luck !

27 months ago

Please can someone tell me how many times is the practical or clinical portion offered to take during the year? and months ? THANK YOU SO MUCH !!:-) This is for Florida.

27 months ago

check this web site: www.doh.state.fl.us/mqa/dentistry/info_DH_Lic_req.pdf

Jocelyn in Hialeah, Florida

27 months ago

Hi everyone, I was wondering if anyone had suggestions on studying for the National Board Dental Hygiene Exam because I graduated in 2011 and the material is no longer fresh any help and suggestions will be appreciated. Also if anyone is taking the clinical portion in UF and does not have the cavitron insert and will like to purchase it from me let me know I bought it for my exam last year but did not end up using it because my friend gave me hers so it is new.

Eileen in Riverview, Florida

27 months ago

Go to dentaltease.com with Andy Coddling and see the Prometric Review and Florida review. If you study what he tells you, you will pass all of your exams.

Jocelyn in Hialeah, Florida

27 months ago

I passed the CSCE and laws for fl the one I'm having a hard time with studying is nationals If anyone knows of a good review aside from Jane Weiner please let me know, Thanks

27 months ago

Jocelyn in Hialeah, Florida said: I passed the CSCE and laws for fl the one I'm having a hard time with studying is nationals If anyone knows of a good review aside from Jane Weiner please let me know, Thanks

how come you passed the CSCE and laws, before the national ?

27 months ago

Jocelyn in Hialeah, Florida said: I passed the CSCE and laws for fl the one I'm having a hard time with studying is nationals If anyone knows of a good review aside from Jane Weiner please let me know, Thanks

check this one www.denhyg.com/index.html

Trisha, California in San Bernardino, California

27 months ago

italia in Moreno Valley, California said: check this one www.denhyg.com/index.html

I just pass the NDHBE, going to Florida, I want to know please if someone guide me what is next, I had been calling people at NERB, DH Committee, etc.. every one send me with some one else, I been hours in websites, Im so happy to found people here who help each other, is the Clinical exam first, the law. Do I need to take the LA course to anesthetize my patient for probing? etc. Thanks a lot for any help!

27 months ago

Hi Trisha! that happened to me, too. :-)

Go to:
www.doh.state.fl.us/mqa/dentistry/ap_DentalHygieneCredapp.pdf
That is the form you need to complete and send to the address they provide. They also requiere you add some other docs (mentioned at the end of the 2nd pag).
Be well!

27 months ago

Forgot to say that this step is for the Board to review your credentials.
Once you and NERB receive the information from the Board that you were approved to take the test, you can go to www.nerb.com to register and make the appointment for the tests.

26 months ago

WAW !! CONGRATULATION ! IM GOING TO TAKE THE NBDHE ON JULY. What did you use to study for this test ? I live in CA too, moving to FL

26 months ago

Trisha, California in San Bernardino, California said: I just pass the NDHBE, going to Florida, I want to know please if someone guide me what is next, I had been calling people at NERB, DH Committee, etc.. every one send me with some one else, I been hours in websites, Im so happy to found people here who help each other, is the Clinical exam first, the law. Do I need to take the LA course to anesthetize my patient for probing? etc. Thanks a lot for any help!

can i buy your material to study? we live very close. Im so glad to find someone with the same gool.

26 months ago

italia in Moreno Valley, California said: can i buy your material to study? we live very close. Im so glad to find someone with the same gool.

TRISHA this is my e-mail italiacazzol@gmail.com. When are you moving ? Iam so happy to find this pag where we can get help. Thank a lot to everybody ! :-)

26 months ago

Eileen in Clearwater, Florida said: Could you also pass on any review material to me as well? I take the computer simulated exam next week. my email is epvs32@yahoo.com

Thanks

Hi Eileen. Im planning to move to Clearwater. I love that place ! I wold like to know how much they pay over there ? Thank you so much for the info !:-) my email italiacazzol@gmail.com

26 months ago

Trisha, California in San Bernardino, California said: I just pass the NDHBE, going to Florida, I want to know please if someone guide me what is next, I had been calling people at NERB, DH Committee, etc.. every one send me with some one else, I been hours in websites, Im so happy to found people here who help each other, is the Clinical exam first, the law. Do I need to take the LA course to anesthetize my patient for probing? etc. Thanks a lot for any help!

ck this web site. www.doh.state.fl.us/mqa/dentistry/dn_lic_req.html

rdh24 in Orlando, Florida

26 months ago

wow! Lots of people from CA :) I just recently moved back to Orlando from LA and am also trying to apply for clinical boards this May. I've done a lot of calling back and forth with NERB and FL board and have not gotten clear answers. Is anyone taking theirs at UF and already have a patient?

email: lmbautistardh@gmail.com

KLA.RDH in Hollywood, Florida

26 months ago

Not sure what the UF means but were Military and moved and it was a clutter, Had I understood it ahead of time I would have been more prepared. I thought I was dong something good by getting temp lic fast, but it starting the clock ticking to soon. I applied for a Fla lic temp got that , Then I registered for the nerb Clinic I had no problem went on on website , Fl said I would have to wait for all this stuff I got my approval with a few days. I didn't realize you can take it at any pro-metric center , it didn't have to be Fl. I Ordered And rdh was Great , also used old Material from my first Nerb, but you can pass with And rdh , if he said read such and such read it, bc they do make it a little tricky , feels like there were 2 write answers. If you order both you get a discount. So I took that one passed thank god and went to the law, I didn't realize you have to put in the whole application in order to get an approval to take law. So An FYI there, and the Clinic which I thought would be the easiest since I have practiced for 5 years not so much , I mean getting registered ,I was told by Fl it takes a few weeks to get and approval so don't bother this one closes (registration in 5 days) So I waited and of course there 2 times a year maybe 3 , well I went to register this time yep was able to instantly so I waited for nothing. So This process could have been much easier if someone took the time to talk to me. I am now signed up for clinical exam in MAy , which is another trying obstacle BC ,I don't know many people , and its not like school you can check them there. Thank fully I may have found a pt, he has no sup But interprox SUB all along molars on Mand . Hopefully that will be enough. Oh, The law Exam that one is very tricky, I hear a lot of people take it twice,, you have to study.I did fine, RDh it was good ,But I dont think it would have worked alone unless YOu looked up all the extra ,I read laws daily for about a month and passed. Put the time!

26 months ago

italia in Moreno Valley, California said: ck this web site. www.doh.state.fl.us/mqa/dentistry/dn_lic_req.html

Thanks Italia I will reply to your email soon!

26 months ago

viv in West Palm Beach, Florida said: Forgot to say that this step is for the Board to review your credentials.
Once you and NERB receive the information from the Board that you were approved to take the test, you can go to www.nerb.com to register and make the appointment for the tests.

Thanks Viv! who Knows maybe Italia and me will visit you when we'll move there, people like you sure make a happy world:)

26 months ago

KLA.RDH in Hollywood, Florida said: Not sure what the UF means but were Military and moved and it was a clutter, Had I understood it ahead of time I would have been more prepared. I thought I was dong something good by getting temp lic fast, but it starting the clock ticking to soon. I applied for a Fla lic temp got that , Then I registered for the nerb Clinic I had no problem went on on website , Fl said I would have to wait for all this stuff I got my approval with a few days. I didn't realize you can take it at any pro-metric center , it didn't have to be Fl. I Ordered And rdh was Great , also used old Material from my first Nerb, but you can pass with And rdh , if he said read such and such read it, bc they do make it a little tricky , feels like there were 2 write answers. If you order both you get a discount. So I took that one passed thank god and went to the law , I didn't realize you have to put in the whole application in order to get an approval to take law. So An FYI there, and the Clinic which I thought would be the easiest since I have practiced for 5 years not so much , I mean getting registered ,I was told by Fl it takes a few weeks to get and approval so don't bother this one closes (registration in 5 days) So I waited and of course there 2 times a year maybe 3 , well I went to register this time yep was able to instantly so I waited for nothing. So This process could have been much easier if someone took the time to talk to me. I am now signed up for clinical exam in MAy , which is another trying obstacle BC ,I don't know many people , and its not like school you can check them there. Thank fully I may have found a pt, he has no sup But interprox SUB all along molars on Mand . Hopefully that will be enough. Oh, The law Exam that one is very tricky, I hear a lot of people take it twice,, you have to study.I did fine, RDh it was good ,But I dont think it would have worked alone unless YOu looked up all the extra ,I read laws daily

26 months ago

If anyone has already passed all the tests and is licensed (clinical, computer simulated and laws) please contact me. I just have a few questions about each part that is unclear to me... Thank you!

lmbautistardh@gmail.com

Veroluc in Miami, Florida

26 months ago

Hi Saira!.
Can you provide me your email please!
I have a couple of questions regarding to those comments!
Veronica

Veroluc in Miami, Florida

26 months ago

jocelyn you may pass the National just buy the flash cards any version its helpful,then you may answer every review question at he end of mosby book (dental hygiene review). And You go online www.quizlet.com go to dental hygiene option botton and review all the questions-answers from people who had shared!
Can you provide me your email, I would like to know about your experience with the clinical and law and rules.
Thanks!

26 months ago

Trisha, California in San Bernardino, California said: Thanks Viv! who Knows maybe Italia and me will visit you when we'll move there, people like you sure make a happy world:)

Hi Trisha!Thank u...I hope so, it'd be my pleasure!

KLA.RDH in West Haven, Connecticut

26 months ago

My email is Taraizzo@hotmail.com If you have any questions on the exam. I just passed the 1st 2 take clinics in May.
Tara

veroluc in Orlando, Florida

26 months ago

Anyone who can share about the the simulated computer exam multiple questions?. It's so hard? What does it focus on? Or any advise how to prepared ??.

What about the treatment with patients examination?
Please, any suggestions help a lot!
Thanks

KLA.RDH in West Haven, Connecticut

26 months ago

veroluc in Orlando, Florida said: Anyone who can share about the the simulated computer exam multiple questions?. It's so hard? What does it focus on? Or any advise how to prepared ??.

What about the treatment with patients examination?
Please, any suggestions help a lot!
Thanks

Order the Andy RDH and you will be fine Just know it all! Know All your Landmarks on the Pano, (there were a few tricky ones), and Pa, Bws. Know all eruption dates there were Quite a few on that, Be able to tell if there just not there yet, from age or late. Medications that cause ging. overgrowth and other oral problems. Also look on Quiz-let there may be some Questions concerning Nerbs open to Public. You can also look at example Questions on the Nerb website, and Jane Wiener, those are on there I believe. Its not to bad, The law Exam was much more Challenging very tricky. Hope this helps:-)

Lpham in Revere, Massachusetts

26 months ago

russellrdhlmt in Champaign, Illinois said: Hi, all!
I am moving from IL to FL and prepping as well. (sigh)
I took the NERB in 2005, and although FL is now accepting the NERB, it
has to be as of 2011? I'm having a hard time verifying info..
also, can you take nerb at any of the testing center sites or does it have to be taken yin FL?
Also, did it seem to take awhile to get paperwork sent or was it kind of seemless, like a month-ish?
A friend who is getting ready to take the computer simulation has a testing review on-line from her school she is going to send me. I can pass along any info as I receive it!
Thanks, Lacy

I am interested in some study material please!!! :)

25 months ago

Hi everyone..so purchased the andyrdh package for prometric and florida laws. Is it enough to study for the tests just from the review? seems Florida laws test is tricky from the sounds of it. Any ideas on what to study, amt of studying necassary for Laws, any info really at all on your experiences..greatly appreciated. Already wrapped up the clinical portion of Nerb.

Thank you!

Lacy - Russellmassage@yahoo.com

25 months ago

Susan in Iowa City, Iowa said: I have passed the Florida dental hygiene law exam and clinical. I now am scheduled to take the dental hygiene nerb computerized portion of the exam this coming thurs. Cannot seem to get information from nerb or state of fl. I purchased andy rdh review coarse. Has anyone taken this coarse and thought it helped or should I be doing something different???
I would really appreciate some advice, running out of time. Thank you!

Susan...hi! I have taken clinical and now taking computer exam this fri... I studied from andyrdh and did crossreferencing. Do you feel that was adequate for you? I know it forward and back atleast. My main scare is the fl laws test. HOW was that for you and how did you study? I heard a lot retake! ;( I bought the andyrdh FL review as well.. any info plzzzzz, so appreciated! :)
Russellmassage@yahoo.com

25 months ago

rdh24 in Orlando, Florida said: If anyone has already passed all the tests and is licensed (clinical, computer simulated and laws) please contact me. I just have a few questions about each part that is unclear to me... Thank you!

lmbautistardh@gmail.com

Hi! Have you taken the laws test yet?

25 months ago

Someone knows if there is another date for clinical exams in florida besides May?

25 months ago

russellrdhlmt in North Port, Florida said: Hi! Have you taken the laws test yet?

hey no I have not. I'm taking the computer simulated next week then clinical at the end of the month. Have you taken clinical?

25 months ago

Anyone taking the clinical at UF at the end of this month? Still looking for a patient!

Ydv in Woodside, New York

25 months ago

I'm an RDH in NJ moving to Fl. I'm starting the process of applying for a license there and was told that I don't need to take the Clinicals again? Just the laws and prevention of medical errors course? That sounds too easy...does anyone know?
I graduated in 2010. Thank you!
Also, can some one tell me how long is the process more or less. I'm sending the application this week.

Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.