Florida dental hygiene: Computer simulated exam

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (101 to 150 of 379)
Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  6  Next »   Last »

RDH-TI in Hollywood, Florida

36 months ago

Your lucky if you don't, you must have Just made it, I took the Nerbs in 2007 and I have to retake everything , were active duty on orders and they were crazy strict they let me have a temperary Lic , ( with an application s, and proof of passin all exams and ect. , ) They neglected to tell me it wasnt renewable after a year I though it ws for the duration of the orders 4 years, However becasue I did Nerbs 2007 not 2010 I have to redo it all, if i want to cont to practice. I took the computer Portion and the law portion , now I have the clinicals in 2 weeks . Its ridiculous, taking the same exam after practicing for 5 years. I was told they now except nerbs and adex if you took it after 2010, but they said the clinical had to be taken in Fl. Which makes no sense if they take nerbsbecause its east coast.
But by the sounds anyone that took nerbs or adex after or in 2010 just have to do the law exam. Good luck

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Trisha, California in San Bernardino, California

36 months ago

rdh24 in Orlando, Florida said: hey no I have not. I'm taking the computer simulated next week then clinical at the end of the month. Have you taken clinical?

No I pass the NBDHE, in Nov 2012 now I'm making arrangements, ( need some transcrips from my country) to apply for clincals I was informed that I have 13 months after the writing test to do the clinicals, but if this is only once a year my 13 months will be over before the next may/14!!!!.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

RDH-TI in Hollywood, Florida

36 months ago

rdh24 in Orlando, Florida said: hey no I have not. I'm taking the computer simulated next week then clinical at the end of the month. Have you taken clinical?

Im am taking the clinical in 2 weeks at Miami Dade. I am very ready for this to be over, you think after practicing 5 years and already passing it before I would be 100 % confident. Not at all! I will be 100% confident when its over. I was thinking this was the easiest part but now that I have passed the written and law portion , Not so much... Passable but tricky ! This all just seems to be insane to go through all of this. The stress and 100 of $$ later. UGH !! I will definaetely feel this weight lifted if I am fortunate enouhg to make it by the clinicals.
The written is not bad at all , esp if you took nerb before its very similar, I used Andy RDH and old material it was relatively easy. The Law took a little more time and effort. Good luck!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

RDH in Hollywood, Florida

36 months ago

Trisha, California in San Bernardino, California said: No I pass the NBDHE, in Nov 2012 now I'm making arrangements, ( need some transcrips from my country) to apply for clincals I was informed that I have 13 months after the writing test to do the clinicals, but if this is only once a year my 13 months will be over before the next may/14!!!!.

I believe its 18months that is what I was told and read, all exams must be passed within 18 months of eachother. Could be wrong but I amm pretty sure. You can read the website to confirm.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

36 months ago

RDH in Hollywood, Florida said: I believe its 18months that is what I was told and read, all exams must be passed within 18 months of eachother. Could be wrong but I amm pretty sure. You can read the website to confirm.

thanks RDH in Fl., ! one question, if you know it, : Do you apply for every exam separately, (computer, Law and rules exam, Adex, etc, or all are included in the license application form. Thanks I appreciate your time!

36 months ago

Sure , I applied with nerbs, but I took then before (passed) but not in florida. SO I took clinic written first, and then I applied for a lic so I can get the approval to take the law exam. I was told you have to put application in then you can sit for law exam. I know some people are saying you have to pass nebs first. I personally took the 2 Computer exams and have the clinical itself left. Adex and Law are two completely different things. I just wanted to get the written portion done so I can take clinical and be done hopefully. I thought that would be the easy part but now Im nervous LOL. Hopefully if I can pass right out of school I can pass after practicing for 5 years LOL you never know though. Its much different taking it in a strange place, my fear is having a issue with the unit LOL. Hope this helped:-) ps know 18 months for the law exam LOL RDH FL:-)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

36 months ago

RDH in Hollywood, Florida said: Sure , I applied with nerbs, but I took then before (passed) but not in florida. SO I took clinic written first, and then I applied for a lic so I can get the approval to take the law exam. I was told you have to put application in then you can sit for law exam. I know some people are saying you have to pass nebs first. I personally took the 2 Computer exams and have the clinical itself left. Adex and Law are two completely different things. I just wanted to get the written portion done so I can take clinical and be done hopefully. I thought that would be the easy part but now Im nervous LOL. Hopefully if I can pass right out of school I can pass after practicing for 5 years LOL you never know though. Its much different taking it in a strange place, my fear is having a issue with the unit LOL. Hope this helped:-) ps know 18 months for the law exam LOL RDH FL:-)

Very helpful! what about LA exam? who have to taken and who don't, if you need anesthetize your patient in the clinical exam?

rosemary Penland in Hollywood, Florida

36 months ago

RDH-TI in Hollywood, Florida said: Your lucky if you don't, you must have Just made it, I took the Nerbs in 2007 and I have to retake everything , were active duty on orders and they were crazy strict they let me have a temperary Lic , ( with an application s, and proof of passin all exams and ect. , ) They neglected to tell me it wasnt renewable after a year I though it ws for the duration of the orders 4 years, However becasue I did Nerbs 2007 not 2010 I have to redo it all, if i want to cont to practice. I took the computer Portion and the law portion , now I have the clinicals in 2 weeks . Its ridiculous, taking the same exam after practicing for 5 years. I was told they now except nerbs and adex if you took it after 2010, but they said the clinical had to be taken in Fl. Which makes no sense if they take nerbsbecause its east coast.
But by the sounds anyone that took nerbs or adex after or in 2010 just have to do the law exam. Good luck

I allowed my dental hygiene license to lapse 2 years ago.... I was in real estate for the past 15 years and now the market has taken another turn and I need work.... When I took the clinical years ago it was very easy now there is a simulated test which I have no clue what this is about? Also I am unprepared for clinical portion.... I feel very confident in clinical portion however where do I go to get the patient. Any help as to if anyone knows of a dental hygiene clinical prep class I can take??? this would be very helpful. thank You

36 months ago

I allowed my dental hygiene license to lapse 2 years ago.... I was in real estate for the past 15 years and now the market has taken another turn and I need work.... When I took the clinical years ago it was very easy now there is a simulated test which I have no clue what this is about? Also I am unprepared for clinical portion.... I feel very confident in clinical portion however where do I go to get the patient. Any help as to if anyone knows of a dental hygiene clinical prep class I can take??? this would be very helpful. thank You

viv in Loxahatchee, Florida

36 months ago

rosemary Penland in Hollywood, Florida said: I allowed my dental hygiene license to lapse 2 years ago.... I was in real estate for the past 15 years and now the market has taken another turn and I need work.... When I took the clinical years ago it was very easy now there is a simulated test which I have no clue what this is about? Also I am unprepared for clinical portion.... I feel very confident in clinical portion however where do I go to get the patient. Any help as to if anyone knows of a dental hygiene clinical prep class I can take??? this would be very helpful. thank You

Hi Rosemary!
For the practical there is a remediation course ($2700) that u can take if u want (at Palm Beach State College). When someone fails the practical it is mandatory to take the Remedial to be allowed to retake the practical. In your case is not mandatory, but it might be helpful.
As u worked as a dental hygienist before, might be enough to review the books Fundamentals of periodontal instrumentation & advanced fulcrum techniques, and Clinical practice of the dental hygienist. Be well

36 months ago

Thank You for your response. I really do not feel I need a refresher course for the actual scaling of teeth I can do it with my eyes closed I am more concerned about the simulated written test and laws since that is something I did not take years ago. I found someone who offers some material to study for not bad 55 dollars. I need to also find a patient who qualifies to bring to test?
If you have any ideas or suggestions let me know

viv in Loxahatchee, Florida

36 months ago

rosemary Penland in Hollywood, Florida said: Thank You for your response. I really do not feel I need a refresher course for the actual scaling of teeth I can do it with my eyes closed I am more concerned about the simulated written test and laws since that is something I did not take years ago. I found someone who offers some material to study for not bad 55 dollars. I need to also find a patient who qualifies to bring to test?
If you have any ideas or suggestions let me know

Rosemary,
Andy's reviews are good. To find the patient is not very easy but u can start looking at your family, in laws, close friends. I reviewed my cell phone contact list to find people to look at and found one of them that qualified. If u want email me at gettingthebest@yahoo.com to talk more about the CSCE.

lily345 in Miami, Florida

35 months ago

I took the patient portion of the exam at UF back in December 2011 and passed. I want to register to take the state law exam but after reading the comments, I just found out about the 13 month rule. Does this still apply in the State of Florida?
And where does the 13 month information appear in the health department website..... I had no clue about this :(

35 months ago

lily345 in Miami, Florida said: I took the patient portion of the exam at UF back in December 2011 and passed. I want to register to take the state law exam but after reading the comments, I just found out about the 13 month rule. Does this still apply in the State of Florida?
And where does the 13 month information appear in the health department website..... I had no clue about this :(

ITS 18months not 13 !!!!! You may be ok !! Get the written ones done asap then . Get Any RDH ....And study hard law exam is tricky. Just read and re read!!! BUT ITS DEF 18 months. I just did it!

35 months ago

RDH in Hollywood, Florida said: ITS 18months not 13 !!!!! You may be ok !! Get the written ones done asap then . Get Any RDH ....And study hard law exam is tricky. Just read and re read!!! BUT ITS DEF 18 months. I just did it!

Thank you sooo much for the info!
Just out of curiosity, is this posted somewhere in the health department website about the 18 months?

Jocelyn in Hialeah, Florida

35 months ago

Veroluc in Miami, Florida said: jocelyn you may pass the National just buy the flash cards any version its helpful,then you may answer every review question at he end of mosby book ( dental hygiene review). And You go online www.quizlet.com go to dental hygiene option botton and review all the questions-answers from people who had shared!
Can you provide me your email, I would like to know about your experience with the clinical and law and rules.
Thanks!

Sorry I took awhile to respond but my email is jocelyn8448@Yahoo.com

35 months ago

lily345 in Miami, Florida said: Thank you sooo much for the info!
Just out of curiosity, is this posted somewhere in the health department website about the 18 months?

Its all over the rule book.Its one of the Questions on the law exam , and I believe its on the application.
Ill look and copy and paste it but Im pretty sure its everywhere.I just found out i passed clinical so Happy its over that part was stressful getting there , but thye are pretty laid back, for the most part.

veroluc in Miami, Florida

35 months ago

Hi everyone,
Congrats to all who passed the clinical examination in Miami Dade College or in Florida areas.
I fail, its the first time, I wanna know if is mandatory or not to do the remedial coursework in Paml Beach College, is this course worth? is practical on real pacientes or on tipodonts? Anyone who had been in the same situation?
Thanks,
Veroluc.

viv in West Palm Beach, Florida

35 months ago

Hi Veroluc!
I took the exam in West palm this week, and I was lucky (pass). I also took the remedial course because I was out of the field for several years and I wasn't confident enough, then I decided to take it although it was optional for me at the moment. The course helped me but it wasn't what I was looking for. You have to find the patients for you to work with by yourself; they can give you some patient's name you may contact, but the ones they gave me only one showed up. The patients have to pay $45 for the treatment and xR, not expensive but for the people that works is difficult because they need to go at least two visits and to waste about 4 hours each time. At least for me, it was very difficult to find patients. On the other hand the people there is very nice and support you. For the board they lent us the cavitron and tips, sterilized our stuff, gave us the gown and many other things we needed. We took the xRays there and were printed too in the right paper. The CIB says that it is mandatory after failing 2 times, but a friend of mine told me she was asked to take it after failing the first attempt (she also passed the exam this time). If you want send me an email to contact u. Be well

35 months ago

Does anyone know if they have to pay nerb and send scores in. I passed everything did the application and now waiting , but not sure If there waiting on me or what. I thought the score went right to the state? I know the law did but Adex? Thanks if anyone knows in advance. I will try calling again tomorrow, Its like pulling teeth to get info. Thanks in advance. Cant wait till this is over. The just seem crazy to have to do all this~

viv in West Palm Beach, Florida

35 months ago

Not sure I understood well.
The CIB states (page 10)that the CSCE's score was supposed "to be released at the end of the first full week of the month following the month in which the CSCE was taken". Mine took about 5 more days, because they were delayed. I emailed to Director@nerb.org and they answered me back letting me know about the delay. Maybe there is nothing wrong with your process, only a matter of time.
U r right...it is crazy!

35 months ago

Im not sure bc I already have a temporary Lic. SO Im not sure. I have been given all my scores so we will see. I will call again. But I think I just have to wait now.

italia in Moreno Valley, California

35 months ago

lily345 in Miami, Florida said: I took the patient portion of the exam at UF back in December 2011 and passed. I want to register to take the state law exam but after reading the comments, I just found out about the 13 month rule. Does this still apply in the State of Florida?

Eighteen-month Completion Rule: The computer-based and the patient-based examinations

must be completed successfully within 18-months after the first the two component exams is

initiated. If both examinations are not successfully completed within the 18-month period

described above, regardless of the reason, both examinations in Dental Hygiene must be retaken.

A new application must be filed together with appropriate documentation and applicable fees.

Three-time Failure Rule: Candidates failing one or more of the two clinical examinations on

three successive attempts must begin the entire examination process again and retake both

clinical examinations of the ADEX Dental Hygiene Examination administered by the North East

Regional Board of Dental Examiners, Inc. Previously passed clinical examinations will not be

recognized for successful completion of the entire clinical examination series in Dental Hygiene

and attainment of “NERB Status.” A new application must be filed together with appropriate

documentation and applicable fees.
I hope this can help !

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

35 months ago

Hi RDH. How was the practical ? now enjoying life ? Good luck !!!

35 months ago

RDH in Hollywood, Florida said: Its all over the rule book.Its one of the Questions on the law exam , and I believe its on the application.
Ill look and copy and paste it but Im pretty sure its everywhere.I just found out i passed clinical so Happy its over that part was stressful getting there , but thye are pretty laid back, for the most part.

Im so happy for you !!! great !!! Now you can sleep !!! :) CONGRAT !!!!!!

35 months ago

I was just told by the State of Florida, that even if I were to take the computerized exam and the state laws & rules and pass them (which is what I have schedule for this week, since my 18 month is expiring soon), that they won't be valid because I have not taken the Nationals. I have already taken the patient/clinical exam and passed.
Has anyone heard of this before? That the national exam has to also be taken and pass within the same 18-months of the state?

35 months ago

Eileen in Clearwater, Florida said: Could you also pass on any review material to me as well? I take the computer simulated exam next week. my email is epvs32@yahoo.com

Thanks

Please pass info onto me as well.... I will be taking clinical exam and have no idea what is on the computorized simulated exam.... I allowed my dental hygiene license to lapse 2 years ago and now have to take everything over.....all except National.

35 months ago

italia in Moreno Valley, California said: Im so happy for you !!! great !!! Now you can sleep !!! :) CONGRAT !!!!!!

Thank you!!!! , A year of worrying LOL . Now if it would ever come in the mail!!!

35 months ago

italia in Moreno Valley, California said: Hi RDH. How was the practical ? now enjoying life ? Good luck !!!

It was not bad laid back, Just make sure you have everything ready. My biggest problem was I was an outsider( not in school) so t was only the second time I had seen my pt , an I had to recheck everything. So mine got checked in last, it still was fine, but i wish I was just ready to go. But you will be fine , it not a big deal at all, as long as your pt Qualifies!

jocelyn8448 in Hialeah, Florida

35 months ago

lily345 in Miami, Florida said: I was just told by the State of Florida, that even if I were to take the computerized exam and the state laws & rules and pass them (which is what I have schedule for this week, since my 18 month is expiring soon), that they won't be valid because I have not taken the Nationals. I have already taken the patient/clinical exam and passed.
Has anyone heard of this before? That the national exam has to also be taken and pass within the same 18-months of the state?[/QUOTE

Yes, all the exams including the Nationals have to be completed within a 18 month period. If not you have to retake all the exams. May I please have the number of who you spoke to because I'm having a similar issue. The problem with me is I can't seem to get someone to tell me my deadline because I took my clinicals the first time in dec 2011 failed and retook it may 2012 and passed so no one I've talked to seems to know if my 18 months starts with the failed examination or the second time when I passed.I passed all my exams except nationals which I had scheduled for May 30th but ADA never did my name change so I wasn't allowed to take the exam. I'm worried that my 18 months is over. Thank you in advance.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

35 months ago

veroluc in Miami, Florida said: Hi everyone,
Congrats to all who passed the clinical examination in Miami Dade College or in Florida areas.
I fail, its the first time, I wanna know if is mandatory or not to do the remedial coursework in Paml Beach College, is this course worth? is practical on real pacientes or on tipodonts? Anyone who had been in the same situation?
Thanks,
Veroluc.

I took it in UF in dec 2011 failed with a 73, then retook it in may 2012 and got a 100. I was not told I had to take any remedial coursework and from what I remember you could fail up to 3 times and then you have to take a mandatory remedial course.In my opinion unless you feel like you need the extra practice don't take a remedial course. The clinical exam is all about patient selection, my first patient was on the heavier side.

35 months ago

not sure but if this helps from the way I was explained is they all have t be passed within 18 months so take the date of the 1st one you passed, and the other 2 have to be within 18 months of that. I also to heard that most failures were from heavier pts. Funny bc when I took nerbs in 07 was most failed for not qualifying or having enough. Not sure about anyone else but I cant get through to anyone, The girl that ue to be there is no longer there, not that she was a help but still.

35 months ago

Oh people asking about computerized test ANDY RDH you will pass if you know that.

35 months ago

how was the practical, how many teeth did you scale ? how was it ? was it hard ? tell us about it. Thank you RDH. And Congratulations one more time ! :-)

35 months ago

You pick I did the 6 I think . Its 6 to eight teeth. I got a few off BC my Pt was heavy , but he got sent back bc they picked crown lengthening teeth so I had to get assigned different teeth , so I just put what I though I didnt want to lay him back down I just wanted to get him checked in. Its very laid back just have your stuff ready , I had only met my pt once so I had to chk surfaces and stuff, its much easier if your all set. The other girl I know said she hardly had any tartar on her molars and they didn't tk anything off. So I Guess it doesn't have to be that much , Really though its not bad at all you get checked n measure and check for calc then sen your pr in , then you wait..... then they come in youe clean and thats it, they re not all over you , Half the time there wasn't anyone even in the room. They dont bother you , they let you do your thing, they know your all trained for all that other stuff. Anyway thats it:-) No biggie, bt you don't have to go over board with calc. Good luck

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

35 months ago

thank you so much for taking your time and let us know about ur experience. Really help a lot !!! :) sweet dreams !!!!

35 months ago

lily345 in Miami, Florida said: I was just told by the State of Florida, that even if I were to take the computerized exam and the state laws & rules and pass them (which is what I have schedule for this week, since my 18 month is expiring soon), that they won't be valid because I have not taken the Nationals. I have already taken the patient/clinical exam and passed.
Has anyone heard of this before? That the national exam has to also be taken and pass within the same 18-months of the state?

I just finished speaking to someone in the State of Florida department and explained to her my situation about the 18 months and she said that according to the rules you have 18 months after successfully passing the clinical exams to also complete the laws examination successfully. I asked her about the nationals and she said that that exam was not included within the 18 months. Just to double check I asked her "so, if I was to complete my nationals after the 18 months would I still be ok?" her response was "yes,because you completed the laws and clinical exams within the 18 months". I too was told before that nationals had to be completed within 18 months but today that I spoke to the supervisor I was informed differently.So my advice is take the laws and computerized portion before the 18 months is over and pass it, and you should be fine.

Nia in Altamonte Springs, Florida

33 months ago

veroluc in Miami, Florida said: Hi everyone,
Thanks,
Veroluc.

Hi Veroluoc... I need talk with you about Remedetion Course for Dental Hg (Palm Beach College) Can you email me to niaestefania85@hotmail.com...

italia in Riverside, California

33 months ago

I believe you only have to take that course if you are dentist or graduated from a nonacredited school. Good luck in your second time ! im sure you will pass !!!

GIARDH in tulsa, Oklahoma

32 months ago

On the Florida board website, it states they are accepting national boards from any date for license- this is new 2012, anyone know about this? I am waiting for a reply from the Fl boards.

32 months ago

National has to be within 10 years

32 months ago

I got my Fl Lic within the last 3 months and that was the ruled as far as I know then.

GIARDH in tulsa, Oklahoma

32 months ago

On the Florida state board site, it states
2012- national boards can be any date, I asked this question on here, before I spoke with Cindy from the Florida licensing board- she confirmed national board NoLonger needs to be with in 10 year
Yah! But thank you for trying to help answer.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

russellmassage in North Port, Florida

32 months ago

I just got my florida lic,, from IL,, this month. Yes, the new law is Nationals are at any time.. it did used to be the 10 year rule.
BTW, andyrdh for computer sim. exam and fl laws test were great for me.. good luck to everyone in the process out there. They make you jump through hoops but it is attainable..just focus and have faith in yourself..itll be over before you know it!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

32 months ago

Must Be new , I got My Lic in May and I had to prove within 10yrs. But that's good because it shouldn't matter if you had been practicing.

32 months ago

Has anyone taken the florida law exam? if so where is the best study guide to pass this test. I allowed my license to lapse 2 years ago and having to take everything all over again. took clinic portion now have to take law. If anyone has any info please let me know. Andy slides really are helpful for the prometric exam...

veroluc in Miami, Florida

32 months ago

Rosemary; don't worry for the law exam its pretty easy. .I have a good material I can share with you. . send me a email and I send it to you. You can buy Andy material too I did it and bought it but at the end it did not work for me I didn't like it. A friend gave me a good material a still have this copy.
Veroap@hotmail.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

32 months ago

Thank You
Just sent you an e mail
rosemaryfortunehomesrealty@gmail.com
Yes I am a real estate broker who never thought I would be working as a hygienist again. It has been years but I need the extra money at this time so here I am having to take everything over.

32 months ago

Andy RDh was def better for the clinic portion. Was ok for the laws. I would still get it. The law is pass-able but thats the first I heard it was easy? . I Wouldn't stress to much but don't under estimate it either. You have to Study. Its very tricky in the wording. There are a lot of people that fail it first time because its underestimated. I can email you areas to focus on also if you send your email address. They make it very hard because there is so much material and they don't use half of the stuff that is all the material.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

32 months ago

rosemaryfortunehomesrealty@gmail.com

Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  6  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.