Florida dental hygiene: Computer simulated exam

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (251 to 300 of 339)
Page:  « First « Previous   3  4  5  6  7  Next »   Last »

Italia in Moreno Valley, California

14 months ago

nando12867 in Elizabeth, New Jersey said: If you have photos and question for CSCE from Andy web this will be fine. Good luck. Buena suerte
Fernando

Hola Fernando, mira que lindo que ya hayas terminado con todos estos requisitos. Yo queria preguntarte del examen clinico, que hicistes para pasarlo, o mejor dicho que no hicistes ? por favor, una ayudadita. Yo falle una vez, ahora lo dare de nuevo en mayo, por favor dame algunos consejos, muy agradecida de antemano. Mi correo es italiacazzol@gmail.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

14 months ago

lam.suey in Hialeah, Florida said: Hi everyone! I'm a foreign dentist and I recently passed the NBDHE. I have some questions: Is there any deadline to take the Computer Simulated Clinical Exam? I'd also need some information regarding the study materials that I need for the CSCE and the Florida Dental Hygiene Law Exam, since I don't have an idea what book I can use, other than Mosby's. Please, I'll appreciate any help you could give me. (Sorry for my English). Thanks/Gracias. God bless you.

Hi Suey, for the CSCE you can study from andy. It has everything you need to pass this test. I passed it already, I only need the Law and the clinical ! This is a pain on the neck !

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

14 months ago

iva-86 in Chicago, Illinois said: Hi Iam,suey. I am studying for the NBDHE so I wanted to ask how was it? Do you have exam questions, or some hint that you want to share with me? Thanks a lot. Iva

Hi Iva, Mosby's has a lot of questions ! What are you using to study for the NBDHE ? If you have the last version you can go online and take like 10 simulated tests. You can time yourself. It is a great practice !

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

iva-86 in Chicago, Illinois

14 months ago

I am studying from Kaplan, which I think is better, from my opinion. I am planning to take Mosby's just for answering the questions.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

14 months ago

iva-86 in Chicago, Illinois said: I am studying from Kaplan, which I think is better, from my opinion. I am planning to take Mosby's just for answering the questions.

No problem, Just study, study and study !

14 months ago

So, how were the questions from the exam? Are they repeating from Mosby's or Kaplan? Please give me some extra advice how to pass this NBDHE exam.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

lam.suey in Hialeah, Florida

14 months ago

iva-86 in Chicago, Illinois said: Hi Iam,suey. I am studying for the NBDHE so I wanted to ask how was it? Do you have exam questions, or some hint that you want to share with me? Thanks a lot. Iva

Hi iva-86, I took the NBDHE in december, and to tell you the truth, the exam was really hard. I studied by Mosby's Comprehensive Review of Dental Hygiene 7 edition, and I used to focus in the "review questions" at the end of each chapter, rather than in the whole content, my advice to you is not to do that (if you have the time to do so), otherwise, you could miss important things that you might need to know for your exam. Because I was working at the same time, I used to bring to my job some index cards, where I wrote any important part of the chapter I was studying, and whenever I had a chance, I read my notes at work. Once in the exam, try to answer each question in no more than 1 minute, 'cause time is running. If you don't know the answer, then make a guess, never leave it in blank. If you do it like that, at the end of the exam, you'll have the time to review your answers again. Sometimes, when I clicked with the mouse, there was no answer marked, so make sure to keep an eye on it. What I did to correct any answer in blank "by accident" , was that at the end, I had 3 choices: review the flagged answers ( the ones I marked as a doubt), review the answers in blank, and review the whole exam. In my case, I chose to review first , the answers in blank, and surprise! I had like 3 in blank.( You might know this, the first answer that comes to your mind, usually, is the correct one, and don't change it unless you are pretty sure to do it). When I finished, I really felt like I didn't pass, don't get mad if that happens to you, you could have a nice surprise by mail in 4 weeks. I have some study materials I can e mail to you, so let me know.

14 months ago

Italia in Moreno Valley, California said: Hi Suey, for the CSCE you can study from andy. It has everything you need to pass this test. I passed it already, I only need the Law and the clinical ! This is a pain on the neck !

Thanks Italia! I'll take a look in that site. Good luck in your Law and Clinical exam!

14 months ago

Please, If you have some useful notes or questions, or anything, e-mailed to me. My email is iva_sk86@hotmail.com Thanks so much for your reply, I really appreciate that.

14 months ago

lam.suey in Hialeah, Florida said: Hi iva-86, I took the NBDHE in december, and to tell you the truth, the exam was really hard. I studied by Mosby's Comprehensive Review of Dental Hygiene 7 edition, and I used to focus in the "review questions" at the end of each chapter, rather than in the whole content, my advice to you is not to do that (if you have the time to do so), otherwise, you could miss important things that you might need to know for your exam. Because I was working at the same time, I used to bring to my job some index cards, where I wrote any important part of the chapter I was studying, and whenever I had a chance, I read my notes at work. Once in the exam, try to answer each question in no more than 1 minute, 'cause time is running. If you don't know the answer, then make a guess, never leave it in blank. If you do it like that, at the end of the exam, you'll have the time to review your answers again. Sometimes, when I clicked with the mouse, there was no answer marked, so make sure to keep an eye on it. What I did to correct any answer in blank "by accident" , was that at the end, I had 3 choices: review the flagged answers ( the ones I marked as a doubt), review the answers in blank, and review the whole exam. In my case, I chose to review first , the answers in blank, and surprise! I had like 3 in blank.( You might know this, the first answer that comes to your mind, usually, is the correct one, and don't change it unless you are pretty sure to do it). When I finished, I really felt like I didn't pass, don't get mad if that happens to you, you could have a nice surprise by mail in 4 weeks. I have some study materials I can e mail to you, so let me know.

Please, If you have some useful notes or questions, or anything, e-mailed to me. My email is iva_sk86@hotmail.com Thanks so much for your reply, I really appreciate that.

viv in Loxahatchee, Florida

14 months ago

hola Iamsuey! Felicidades! ya estas del otro lado! Ahora tienes que aplicar para el credential review con el Fl Board para q te dejen tomar los dos examenes de NERB/ADEX: el clinico y el CSCE y puedas sacar los turnos.
Si quieres manda un email donde contactarte. Saludos

14 months ago

viv in Loxahatchee, Florida said: hola Iamsuey! Felicidades! ya estas del otro lado! Ahora tienes que aplicar para el credential review con el Fl Board para q te dejen tomar los dos examenes de NERB/ADEX: el clinico y el CSCE y puedas sacar los turnos.
Si quieres manda un email donde contactarte. Saludos

Gracias Viv! Este es mi e mail: lam.suey@yahoo.com Voy a agradecerte cualquier información que puedas darme sobre los pasos a seguir. Yo pensaba que después del NBDHE era aplicar para el practico con el paciente y las leyes, después supe que pusieron también el CSCE y para completar, esperar a ser aprobada por el Florida Board para todo eso!

Wrivera in Brooklyn, New York

14 months ago

What's the best study guide for the NBDHE?

abutarek41110 in Greer, South Carolina

14 months ago

kaplan

vk0209 in Edgewater, Maryland

14 months ago

My husband and I will be moving to Florida. I have a Pennsylvania and Maryland license issued by the NERBs in 2000. I'm a little confused with the 2014 information I am reading on the Florida Dental Hygiene licensing website. I believe at one point, if you were out of state you would need to take the ADEX boards and find a patient to do the clinicals, again. But, it seems from what I read or interrupted was that I would need to pass a Dental Hygiene National Board Examination (NERB or ADEX) , 2 hours of medical errors and the Florida Laws and Rules Examination. I did not see anything stating a Simulated Clinical exam. Is that correct?

RDH in Hollywood, Florida

14 months ago

Nerb or aka Adex is part of the clinical there are 2 parts written/ computer and clinical. ( 2 test in total for Adex )

Raquel Rosenada in Miami, Florida

13 months ago

I will take the clinical in the Summer, I am looking for the probe UNC # 12 and it looks not easy to find, if someone can sell me these it would be great, I need a patient also, so if you know someone interested in to be my patient for the test please let me know, i will pay and some other benefits,thank you so much.

Raquel

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

LindaRDH38 in Alpharetta, Georgia

13 months ago

Raquel Rosenada in Miami, Florida said: I will take the clinical in the Summer, I am looking for the probe UNC # 12 and it looks not easy to find, if someone can sell me these it would be great, I need a patient also, so if you know someone interested in to be my patient for the test please let me know, i will pay and some other benefits,thank you so much.

Raquel

You can find the probe in most dental supply catalogs. I bought two new HuFriedy UNC probes on EBay because the prices were the lowest ($20 each) I am taking the clinical in April and will sell you the probes after I am done if you still need them.

13 months ago

Thank you so much but I already found the probes, anyhow i have some friends who will take the clinical test in May also and maybe they will need to buy your probes so we should be keep in touch, beside i would like to know about your experience with the test, see you then and the best of the luck!!!!

Raquel

captain12488 in Tampa, Florida

13 months ago

Raquel Rosenada in Miami, Florida said: Thank you so much but I already found the probes, anyhow i have some friends who will take the clinical test in May also and maybe they will need to buy your probes so we should be keep in touch, beside i would like to know about your experience with the test, see you then and the best of the luck!!!!

Raquel

Hi Raquel.I also would be taking the clinical test in May and computer test next month.Would like to get to know your friends so we could help each other prepare for the exams.

12 months ago

Yes i want one of your probes how can we do for to buy it? tell me please directly to my email.

Thank you Raquel

LindaRDH38 in Alpharetta, Georgia

12 months ago

Raquel Rosenada in Miami, Florida said: Yes i want one of your probes how can we do for to buy it? tell me please directly to my email.

Thank you Raquel

Hi Raquel I don't see your email address -- mine is LindaRDH38@aol.com - I take the clinical April 27 after that you can have them. I bought two for $20 each

abutarek41110 in Greer, South Carolina

12 months ago

CAN SOMEONE TELL ME WHERE TO FIND A PATINET FOR THE CLINICAL EXAM LOL

Suey Lam in Hialeah, Florida

12 months ago

Hi everyone! Please, I need to know if Palm Beach State College or Miami Dade have another testing date for the patient clinical exam other than the one in may. Is it only once a year per school? Thanks, I'll appreciate any information.

12 months ago

I don't exactly what will happen but but I think they have another option during the end of the year, now they have a possibility in may

12 months ago

I'm selling my (3)probes and the (2) explores for the clinica exam. The probes are Hu Friedy #12 UNC single end Color-Coded With #30 Round Handle, I paid $ 22.00 each one, but I'm asking $ 17.00 each one. And #11/12 Explorer with regular handle, I paid $14.00 each one. I'm asking $ 12.00 each one. And I have the head for buccal mirrors # 5, brand new. You can replace the old one and keep your handle. PLease email me if interested I can send you pics. italiacazzol@gmail.com.

Linda in Riverview, Florida

11 months ago

Hello, I'm an RDH who moved from Pa to Fl. I found a pt and I passed the clinical exam, which I took while still in Pa. Now I need to take the computer exam and the law exam. I desperately need to pass these exams so I can apply for a license & find a job! ( I've been unemployed for 7 months!) Does anyone have material to help study for theses exams? Please help, I'm nervous:-(

iva_sk86 in Chicago, Illinois

11 months ago

Linda in Riverview, Florida said: Hello, I'm an RDH who moved from Pa to Fl. I found a pt and I passed the clinical exam, which I took while still in Pa. Now I need to take the computer exam and the law exam. I desperately need to pass these exams so I can apply for a license & find a job! ( I've been unemployed for 7 months!) Does anyone have material to help study for theses exams? Please help, I'm nervous:-(

Hi Linda,
How was the clinical exam, would you like to tell me more about that?
Thanks a lot,
Iva

11 months ago

iva_sk86 in Chicago, Illinois said: Hi Linda,
How was the clinical exam, would you like to tell me more about that?
Thanks a lot,
Iva

Hi Iva! I thought the pt clinical exam was laid back for the most part. The most important things are : be sure your pt fits the criteria and have all the right supplies & instruments. It's nerve wracking but as long as your prepared, u will do fine..... The clinic floor instructor checks all of your paperwork to be sure it's all filled in correctly,etc, which is very helpful! Find a good pt with sub ledges of calculus, but not pocketing beyond 5mm, and with a clear health history....good luck! P.s use ur ultrasonic,too :-)

Suey in Hialeah, Florida

11 months ago

Linda in Riverview, Florida said: Hello, I'm an RDH who moved from Pa to Fl. I found a pt and I passed the clinical exam, which I took while still in Pa. Now I need to take the computer exam and the law exam. I desperately need to pass these exams so I can apply for a license & find a job! ( I've been unemployed for 7 months!) Does anyone have material to help study for theses exams? Please help, I'm nervous:-(

Hi Linda, for computer simulated, you can study by Andy's slides, the website is: www.andyfutureRDH.com , the cost is $35.00 and it's good for 3 months. I have something for laws exam that I can email to you.

11 months ago

Suey in Hialeah, Florida said: Hi Linda, for computer simulated, you can study by Andy's slides, the website is: www.andyfutureRDH.com , the cost is $35.00 and it's good for 3 months. I have something for laws exam that I can email to you.

Hello Suey, thanks for your response, it is very kind of you! I would be happy to give you my email so that u can send me anything that would help, esp with the laws exam.....from what I've read on this site, that exam was very confusing & difficult! Thank you sooooo..much! My email is lindakaplafka@hotmail.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Maitry in Tampa, Florida

10 months ago

Suey in Hialeah, Florida said: Hi Linda, for computer simulated, you can study by Andy's slides, the website is: www.andyfutureRDH.com , the cost is $35.00 and it's good for 3 months. I have something for laws exam that I can email to you.

hey , I am an international Dentist, giving clinicals next month, can u please forward law material to me as well, I wld appreciate it. My mail id is maitry2007@yahoo.com.
Thank you so much

Megan in Portage, Michigan

10 months ago

Would anyone please email me info or study material concerning the laws and regs for dental hygiene for Florida! I take it in two days and I want to make sure I get every bit of info, a job opportunity depends on it!
Thank you for your time!
Megan.r.foster@hotmail.com

Alina in Jacksonville, Florida

9 months ago

viv in West Palm Beach, Florida said: Hi Italia and GIARDH! for the CSCE you can study from Andy's review. Please, send me an email to send u both a few docs I studied. It's not that difficult, nothing compared to the NBDHE.

Hi Viv, I would really appreciate if you could send me a copy of docs you used to study for CSCE and laws. My email is alina_danielaa@yahoo.com Thanks so much!

Sakrdh in Bradenton, Florida

9 months ago

I'm taking my Florida jurisprudence exam in a few weeks. Can anyone give me tips? I am studying the andyrdh material and have gotten on the website for Florida for some info. What are the questions mainly about? Any info would be appreciated. Thanks!

iva in Chicago, Illinois

9 months ago

Hi everyone,
I am studying for the NBDHE exam for next week, so I have a question to all who passed this exam. Did you have some questions at the exam from simulated national board dental hygiene examination tests from evolve???

C w florida in Haines City, Florida

9 months ago

Hi Iva you mean CSCE EXAM? U can buy the material from Andy RDH

iva in Chicago, Illinois

9 months ago

Nope, I mean for NBDHE exam.

CVOC in Westerly, Rhode Island

8 months ago

Hi I am a Rhode Island resident and considering moving to Florida I passed my NBDHE exam in 2009.Do I need to take this exam over again? What other requirements do I need to become licensed in Florida. Where do I even begin? It looks so complicated can anyone help me out with information.
Thank you!

iva in Chicago, Illinois

8 months ago

Yeeeeeeeee, I did it!!! I passed NBDHE today :) So happy.

iva in Chicago, Illinois

8 months ago

Now, I have one question. After NBDHE, I should pass Nerb, but I was wondering, WHERE can I pass this exam?? Because, right now, I live in Chicago, but I am planning to move and work in Florida.. so, should I go and pass this exam there, (in the country where I am planning to work), or it doesn't matter??
Thanks a lot,
Iva

meryem in Fort Lauderdale, Florida

8 months ago

Susan in Iowa City, Iowa said: Taking clinical exam in December, but still need to take the CSE and law exam.
Can anyone tell me how to study for the CSE.
Contacted NERB and they told me to contact State of Florida, who in return told be to contact NERB. Cannot seem to get any answers.
Is there anyone that has taken this exam recently that could give me a few example of questions? I would really appreciate it!! Thank You.

Hi Susan,

If I ask kindly that when are you going to take clinical exam in December and where ????? I think , I'll take an NBDH exam in end of September but I am not sure that Do I have enough time to apply to the deadline of clinical exam? ...If you have any knowledge about that will you please share with me ? my best wishes to you too...

Tamer in Brooklyn, New York

8 months ago

Linda in Riverview, Florida said: Hello Suey, thanks for your response, it is very kind of you! I would be happy to give you my email so that u can send me anything that would help, esp with the laws exam.....from what I've read on this site, that exam was very confusing & difficult! Thank you sooooo..much! My email is lindakaplafka@hotmail.com

Hi Linda in Riverview and Suey in Hialeah ,
Is it possible to get some material for the Law exa for Florida , I would really appreciate that. I am newly Graduate and Looking for a job in Florida please help. Thanks i you agree please send it to drtamer@live.com Thanks

Tamer in Brooklyn, New York

8 months ago

Is it possible to get some material for the Law exa for Florida , I would really appreciate that. I am newly Graduate and Looking for a job in Florida please help. Thanks i you agree please send it to dreamer@live.com Thanks

Dental & Hygiene Prof. Ronda in Orlando, Florida

7 months ago

An Orlando bank is offering a funding option to help with FLORIDA licensure expenses (up to 10K)in dental & dental hygiene when you tutor with American Board of Dental & Hygiene Licensure Prep Courses. They have a 100% PASS rate! They prepare you for both NERB exams and NBDHE. AndyRDH has been a very good resource for FL laws. www.americanboardprep.com

7 months ago

meryem in Fort Lauderdale, Florida said: Hi Susan,

If I ask kindly that when are you going to take clinical exam in December and where ????? I think , I'll take an NBDH exam in end of September but I am not sure that Do I have enough time to apply to the deadline of clinical exam? ...If you have any knowledge about that will you please share with me ? my best wishes to you too...

Hello. My name is Ronda Wood and I tutor hygiene students to pass by testing you with a mock board to identify weaknesses then tutor those weaknesses into strengths. Local bank helps with all expenses related to FL licensure. Let me know if I can help. Visit my website www.americanboardprep.com

meryem in Delray Beach, Florida

7 months ago

Hi Ronda,

Your website is great but your place is too far from my place,

How can you help me about my weaknesses? is online or what else ???

My English is not well I know that to pass the exam very hard for me but I will try to take an exam.

If you have any advise to me I will be very appreciate... thanks..
meryembirben@hotmail.com

7 months ago

American Board of Dental &Hygiene Licensure Prep Courses can identify weak subject areas through an online test, then can Skype tutor those weaknesses into strengths. So location is not an a hardship. If instrumentation skill tutoring is needed, it will need to be done in Orlando, FL. www.americanboardprep.com
I hope this helps.

Magnolia B in Bakersfield, California

5 months ago

captain12488 in Tampa, Florida said: hi russellrdhlmt.just passed NBDHE and want to get hold of review materials for the state board. is AndyRDH available online? For the fl state board, what exam should i take first? hope you could help. I'm lost.

Hi there. Any tips on books you reviewed on? For NBDHE Thanks.

Magnolia B in Bakersfield, California

5 months ago

iva in Chicago, Illinois said: Yeeeeeeeee, I did it!!! I passed NBDHE today :) So happy.

Hi Iva. Any tips on books to read to pass NBDHE. Thanks.

Page:  « First « Previous   3  4  5  6  7  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.