THE GRAPH....

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (10)

exp in Massachusetts

38 months ago

REALLY....who's posting this salary range? SO, inaccurate....please list the reality for RDH's in the field. We, the majority do NOT work FT...and that's what it is indicating for NEW RDH's coming to this site....I request that you do the research for the PT RDH, because that is what today's RDH's want to know, not what is indicated to the right here. VET

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

exp in Massachusetts

37 months ago

So.....the "salary" to the right on my screen now says: 44,000-47,000 for my area NH/MA....really...INDEED...this is NOT true....post part-time salary and also....no benefits, med/dental, sick/vaca time...show the reality of the field, PLEASE...TY if you correct this error. DH is a part-time field for work not career in 2013 and beyond. This sadly is the reality for us now. VET

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

still retired in Texas

37 months ago

The wage alone in Texas has been lately at 225 a day(where i live)...a roll back at the least. Dentist are dropping benefits right and left...I am married thats my saving grace when it comes to the extras...hardly have ever been able to fly on my professional wings for anything else.~~~~VET

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

exp in Massachusetts

37 months ago

Lucky you "still"....I wish there was Govt. involvement to close down any fields...yes I am saying this, because so many are DUPPED by online info....it is not GOSPEL!....it is LIES as far as work opp's and then you are out your time and $$$ for programs....and those teaching the programs and institutions....are lying to you....the opps are not there...and passion does not payback loans or find you a job...a very hard to find JOB not a career...and then there's job security....many an RDH, as you can see on here can be easily replaced after working hard to do their best for patients and/or setting up a smooth running DH dept....to find that someone else will offer to work for 1/2 or 3/4's...which can sound great to some Dentists...not all, but you understand my stance on this from the threads we see here.....and if you do obtain employment...do you think that you have security...think again. REALLY, think of your future, benefits, etc....before choosing a major...and know how to save on your own, because IMHO 98% of us...are on our own for our retirement.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

exp in Massachusetts

37 months ago

exp in Massachusetts said: Lucky you "still"....I wish there was Govt. involvement to close down any fields...yes I am saying this, because so many are DUPPED by online info....it is not GOSPEL!....it is LIES as far as work opp's and then you are out your time and $$$ for programs....and those teaching the programs and institutions....are lying to you....the opps are not there...and passion does not payback loans or find you a job...a very hard to find JOB not a career...and then there's job security....many an RDH, as you can see on here can be easily replaced after working hard to do their best for patients and/or setting up a smooth running DH dept....to find that someone else will offer to work for 1/2 or 3/4's...which can sound great to some Dentists...not all, but you understand my stance on this from the threads we see here.....and if you do obtain employment...do you think that you have security...think again. REALLY, think of your future, benefits, etc....before choosing a major...and know how to save on your own, because IMHO 98% of us...are on our own for our retirement.

Still, no response from the INDEED staff that places the "salary/ graph" on this site....please do some research for the REAL salary and or hourly wage in states....where did you find the current info.? The Govt/BLS pages? They are not in our field and do not care if this info is accurate......please , again....post the real salaries for RDH's in 2013 . Thank you, VET

exp in Massachusetts

35 months ago

STILL NO RESPONSE FROM 'INDEED.COM' AS TO THE GRAPH AND THE FALSE INCOME ONE CAN MAKE AS AN RDH....
Why will you not address my question? I see the graph now says I can make between 47,000-55,000...this is NOT true and it needs to be changed so as not to have future students train in this field...if you are getting your info. from Govt/BLS and online articles you are not doing anyone a favor. PLEASE think about the futures of those going into programs, paying anywhere fro 20-50,000 for a program...to come out after their intensive training is completed, taken their licensing TEST"S"....to find an oversaturated field that is cut throat and have to start all over again....please be realistic with the income...1/2 it, that's what the majority of RDH's make now....in any state. VET

waterbug100 in Duncan, British Columbia

35 months ago

Exp..I wonder if they aren't getting paid to post those figures!! Honestly, wages going UP??

Unfortunately, all the young DH hopefuls will believe that figure rather than the reality of today.

Keep on telling it like it is!!

exp in Massachusetts

35 months ago

THE GRAPH NOW SAYS "51,000-55,000"....THIS IS NOT, I REPEAT NOT WHAT THE MAJORITY OF RDH'S HAVE AS AN INCOME. IT IS THAT OF A VERY FORTUNATE RDH, BUT NOT WHERE I LIVE...WHAT MOST MAKE IN MY AREA IS FOR THAT OF "PT"...= 20,000+....THAT'S WHAT WE ARE MAKING NOW...."FT" IS NOT REALITY IN 2013 OR IN ANY NEAR FUTURE. INDEED, I ASK AGAIN TO POST THE CORRECT INCOME/SALARY THAT RDH'S MAKE...WHY ARE YOU AVOIDING THE CORRECTION? PLEASE POST THE REAL SALARY .....VET

exp in Massachusetts

34 months ago

Dear Indeed.com, PLEASE list the "REAL SALARY" for the majority of RDH's for the past 5 yrs and counting......???
I will list it then, but I do ask that you change the salary you have listed on the upper right area of the forum page.
PRESENT SALARIES FOR RDH'S IN MANY STATES IS 'HALF' OF WHAT IS LISTED ON THIS PAGE, = 20-25,000....IT IS A PART-TIME JOB, NOT CAREER ANYMORE WITH NO STABILITY, BENEFITS OR LONGEVITY....ALSO IT IS....'OVERSATURED' NOW AND FOR YRS. TO COME. Vet

RDHCJ in Boston, Massachusetts

34 months ago

Agreed. I made a whopping 11,000 last year because there aren't enough jobs. Oh and that's without any benefits.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.