Herpes

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (6)

Johnes in Hyattsville, Maryland

52 months ago

I was recently in for a dental appointment, i had a cold sore on my lip. They said they couldnt see me. why is that?

- Was this comment helpful?
Reply - Report abuse

RDHCJ in Boston, Massachusetts

52 months ago

They did you a favor! There is no real danger to the dental professional. The danger of having dental work done, while you have an active cold sore is to you, the patient! A cold sore is a virus..HSV 1 (oral herpes). If the dental professional works on you the danger is that the cold sore will rub against their gloves and by touching areas of your face the dental professional could accidental SPREAD the oral herpes all around your mouth or to your eyes or nose...cause you MORE cold sores to appear on different areas of your mouth, nose, or eyes! So you never ever want to go in for any dental work (even a cleaning) if you have an active cold sore. When the cold sore has dried up or gone away then it is safe to have work done.

PS never have eye brow/ facial waxing or plucking when you have an active cold sore also. Again the cold sores could spread around your face causing you more painful sores. Rule of thumb is to never have anyone work on your face/mouth while you have any active cold sores so that the person doesn't spread them around your face more.

Reply - Report abuse

Bob in Charlotte, North Carolina

52 months ago

RDHCJ in Boston, Massachusetts said: They did you a favor! There is no real danger to the dental professional. The danger of having dental work done, while you have an active cold sore is to you, the patient! A cold sore is a virus..HSV 1 (oral herpes). If the dental professional works on you the danger is that the cold sore will rub against their gloves and by touching areas of your face the dental professional could accidental SPREAD the oral herpes all around your mouth or to your eyes or nose...cause you MORE cold sores to appear on different areas of your mouth, nose, or eyes! So you never ever want to go in for any dental work (even a cleaning) if you have an active cold sore. When the cold sore has dried up or gone away then it is safe to have work done.

PS never have eye brow/ facial waxing or plucking when you have an active cold sore also. Again the cold sores could spread around your face causing you more painful sores. Rule of thumb is to never have anyone work on your face/mouth while you have any active cold sores so that the person doesn't spread them around your face more.

Don't sweat it. Most people have a HSV 1 virus, and about 20% of the population regularly get cold sores.

Reply - Report abuse

BARDHJC in Duluth, Georgia

2 months ago

I agree the patient is at risk of having the virus spread to other parts of their face but the dental professional is also at risk of contracting it!
HSV is highly contagious and the virus could potentially be aerosolized. These aerosols could lead to herpes in the eyes or in the body, face and neck. HSV can also cause viral encephalitis. The virus remain active on surfaces several hours after treatment is completed and cross contamination is likely. Therefore, it is better for the patient as well as the dental team to refrain from treating patients when active cold sores/HSV are present.

Reply - Report abuse

harry holly in Manassas, Virginia

27 days ago

I have been suffering from (HERPES SIMPLEX VIRUS) disease for the past four years and had constant pain. During the first year, I had faith in God that i would be healed someday.This disease started circulating all over my body and i have been taking treatment from my doctor, few weeks ago i came on search on the internet if i could get any information concerning the prevention of this disease, on my search i saw a testimony of someone who has been healed from Herpes Simplex Virus by this AZIEGBE and she also gave the email address of this man and advise anyone to contact him for any kind of problem that he would be of help, so i wrote to AZIEGBE telling him about my (Herpes Virus) he told me not to worry that i was going to be cured!! Though i never believed it,, well after all the procedures and remedy given to me by this man few weeks later i started experiencing changes all over me as the AZIEGBE assured me, after some time i went to my doctor to confirmed if i have be finally healed behold it was TRUE, So friends if anyone have such problem and need help contact AZIEGBE email DRAZIEGBE1SPELLHOME@GMAIL.COM or you need my assistant email: harryholly04@gmail.com
1...HERPES CURE
2...ALS CURE
3..GET A JOB SPELL
4.EPILEPSY
5...PROMOTION IN THE OFFICE
6...LOVE SPELL
7...DIABETES CURE
8...HIV CURE
9...HPV CURE
10>>EX BACK

Reply - Report abuse

faith in Manassas, Virginia

6 days ago

HELLO everybody am from New Zealand I wanna thank the great DR ABOR for curing me from herpes virus and hiv with the help of his herbal medicine am very happy, I never thought I would ever be cured because of the condition the doctor give to me, until a friend of mine direct me to this man called DR ABOR who healed me totally from herpes virus and hiv, he is a good man and he also cast spell, you can reach him with IRABORSPELLHERBALHOME@GMAIL.COM
and he also cure HEPATITIS A B C
and ANY TYPE OF CANCER, LUPUS, HPV, LOOKING FOR BABY, ERECTION EJACULATION
and HIV AIDS
he also cast spell to get your EX BACK
you can reach him on via IRABORSPELLHERBALHOME@GMAIL.COM

Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.