Hygiene Degree

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (101 to 150 of 635)
Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  6  Next »   Last »

Kristy in Edmonton, Alberta

89 months ago

Just wondering what is involved with applying to dental hygiene schools in America and how easy it is, what the costs are like, moving back to Canada to practice, availability of jobs in the states etc.?
If you have a lot of knowledge on this issue please email me at ksawchuk@ualberta.ca
Thanks!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Dal in Surrey, British Columbia

88 months ago

I am starting in march 2008 at the vancouver college of dental hygeine as well and heard some things about there graduates not getting jobs, something to do with their accretidation. Just woried if i am going to the right school, please gimme more info if sombody has an update on this. and yea i couldn;t find "open letter" at www.cdhbc.com/ just click on the link entitled "open letter". if somebody has current link for it please post it or even the copy of the letter stating it.
]

tt in Toronto, Ontario

88 months ago

Stacy in Vancouver, British Columbia said: Thanks Jeremy and sunshine.

I am thinking about "Xincon College".
Does anybody plan to go this college ?

NO.
This school will promise you anything before their programs approved or got accredited. If the program is not approved by ministry (or) associations, you'll be the one who stuck in the middle of the program. Not to mention the time & the money that you have invested.
I am telling you. It happened before and it can happen again.
For the sake of wasting money & time, AVOID this school at ALL cost.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

TT in Toronto, Ontario

88 months ago

What is wrong with Xincon College?

Do you know anyone who has gone?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

TTT in Toronto, Ontario

88 months ago

What is wrong with Xincon College?

Do you know anyone who has gone?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

kk in Kelowna, British Columbia

88 months ago

i had a really positive attitude about my situation now i am not so sure if i want to continue with my hygiene goals. i always understood the physical drawbacks on the body and i can deal with that, but i didn't realize the shortage of hygiene positions in bc. i have done a lot of job searches over the internet and have found many jobs in vancouver and kelowna. i want to believe that the jobs will still be out there in 4 years when ill be finishing up school, but did not realize that there are soo many students from ontario coming out to bc to find work. that definetely complicates the matter for all of us bc students. what are everyones thaughts about finding work after the 2010 olympics? i feel like i should be worried about that. i know alberta is booming and finding work there would not be too difficult, but i would like to know how difficult it would be to transfer from bc to alberta? would i need to take an alberta cdh exam only or would i have to go back to school to be qualified to practise hygiene in alberta? im not too sure how differnt the certification is in each province. does nyone have an idea? also someone mentioned that hygienists usually have no benifits? is that true? (do u mean dental benefits?) ne ways just trying to figure it out.

rdhbc in Vancouver, British Columbia

88 months ago

kk, I would think long and hard whether I'd go the hygiene route. I don't know the situation in Kelowna though, but for Vancouver I don't think the outlook is very good long term.
I moved to Vancouver 5 years ago. I started looking for a job and went to a few interviews. I liked four offices and had four job offers with hours to choose. About 4 months ago I decided it was time for a change. I replied to a bunch of offers, didn't get a reply to three, but got invited to three interviews. One guy had 10 (!!) resumes, one guy had 5 and the third called me back before I went to the interview that he had hired someone. There's still jobs around and I found a great office that I'm very happy with. It still pays very well, but I had a dentist tell me that a newgrad called and offered to temp for $7 less than the going rate. Doing the math, I don't think it'll be any better in another four years. I don't think the change will be quite as dramatic as in the last four years, but it certainly won't get any better. There's now two private colleges in Vancouver in addition to the million and one in the Toronto area.
I also feel it's lowering the standard. For VCC for example you need a year of prereqs and two year full time program. For a private school you can get in without prereqs straight from highschool and it takes 18 months. If you say you'll be finishing school in 4 years I assume you're going for the Bsc. Are you aware that you will do the exact same thing and earn the exact same amount as someone doing an 18 month college course?
I also find the Hygiene Bsc is very limiting, there's really not much you can do with it.
As for the benefits, there are none. You will get dental at lab fee at most offices, but there's nothing else. And you can be fairly sure to need extended medical at some point.
I think if you plan on having a family and work part time it's great, but as a career? not so much.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

kk in Kelowna, British Columbia

88 months ago

im not planning to get a degree. im just going for my diploma at the moment. i am currently upgrading my sciences (high school courses) in order to have the pre reques to start my first year so i am not even in the program. i am working and schooling at the moment and cant afford to not work right now so that is why i say 4 years from now. that is not even taking the massive waiting period into consideration. (could be up to ten years from now!) i guess i always assumed that there were not as many hygiene students out there. i dont even personally know anyone who is planning on taking the program out of everyone that i have ever come into contact with. i thought i was being unique by picking this as my career. i know about a 1000 nursing students and was under the impression that nursing would be more difficult to make a career out of. i guess i am very wrong! i may just look into a few other careers in the dental field and just weigh my options. i appreciate everyones comments. i would like to hear more. this is very helpful. So, the private collages dont require any pre reques? that seems ridiculous to me. how is that possible? how can the certification board take private students with only 18 months under their belt seriously. i find that very unfair. i guess the all mighty buck has done us all in once again. now i hope someone can answer me truthfully on this one, how much do new hygiene grads make to start in bc right now? what is the going rate? i have heard all kinds of numbers and i know it varies. i just need an approximate idea. also has anyone been able to find a steady full time job in the field as a new grad? ( in vancouver, kelowna and or surrounding areas?)

Nicole in Toronto, Ontario

88 months ago

Hello,
I would just like to write in resonse to the private college comments. I do understand there are many schools opening in Ontario- but I dont think its fair to say that all private colleges are bad or worse. Its an 18 month program but that is straight through with no breaks. In the regular 2 year program there is usually some time off during the summer and it adds up to be about the same number of months in the end. As for the people that arent sure - its a matter of if you REALLY want to do dental hygiene. Even if you dont have 100 jobs to choose from when you graduate it doesnt really matter- you only need one that you like. There are always ways to find jobs if you really try. In the end I believe its an excellent job- even for the cost of private school. Look how expensive it is to get a degree and look at the wages of someone with an undergrad- we make considerably more with less education.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

TTT in Toronto, Ontario

88 months ago

Nicole,

With so many private schools opening the dentist can pick and chose who they want the wages do drop. Now for people who go and get degrees have much more opportunity available to them a private hygiene diploma does not you do the same thing day in and out.

In the end people who get degress will end up making more because they can do anything they want and move into different areas, so I would not say that hygienist make more that is a false statement because you have to look at the big picture overall.

But in the end a person has to do what they want regardless and some of the people who have posted on this forum have had bad experiences in the private school system does not mean everyone will either.

Cara in Stratford, Ontario

88 months ago

I'm looking at taking the program at a school in California. Does anyone work as a hygienist in Cali? Is it relatively easy to get a job there?

nicole rdh in Toronto, Ontario

88 months ago

I meant someone with an undergrad unrelated to dental hygiene.. most of my friends find it difficult to get a job out of university that pays as well as our field.

hygiene student in Toronto, Ontario

88 months ago

I heard that the Vancouver school of Dental Hygiene is not fully accredited..is this valid? Also I was told by a friend in Vancouver that a new law has passed for all out of province students graduating after Feb 09 who wish to practice in BC will have to complete one year University prereqs.....?

DJL in Toronto, Ontario

88 months ago

Jeff jackonson in BC, Alberta said: Hi i just have a question.
I am trying to apply into a VCDH and one of the requirements is TB testing. Well my TB skin testing was positive, so i was referred to a chest xray. But the result from the chest xray came out to show the the TB was inactive. Would that ruin my chances for admission into the school or any DH colleges?

Do you remember if you have ever had TB before? If you have not had TB before, the positive result is most likely due to your previous BCG vaccination. This will not be a barrier to your admission to DH schools.

mk in Vancouver, British Columbia

88 months ago

A positive result on a skin test can be from a vacination OR a previous case of TB. A positive chest X-ray confirms that you carry TB (i.e. the positive result is not due to a previous vacination). I don't know what this means about your chances for admission. I would contact VCDH admissions.

Search in comox, British Columbia

87 months ago

Alli in Toronto, Ontario said: i am from bc, moved to just out of Toronto, taking dental hygiene at a private college. it is a new school, not yet accredited but is sure to not be a problem. i did research in bc and weighed the options: wait up to ten years to get into a program there or come to ontario, get in right away, the program is only 18 months straight through. the tuition is high but will be worth it in the long run. i have been a dental assistant for 18 years and couldn't get ahead financially, this was the best thing for me to choose, dentistry is all i know! am happy with this program so far, accreditation should be in '08, i graduate in '09. was a no-brainer for me to come here.

hi Ali

don't know if you'll get this...but i am from Vancouver Island and have been looking at the school in ajax...just wondering how its going and what you think...I feel a little down after going on this website...there is a lot of negativity out there about this profession. i am a hairdresser now...and in a way, at least socially I felt that the careers were similar...I really enjoy working with people...and like you i felt the ontario versus bc thing was a no brainer...anyway, any input would be appreciated and i hope all is going well for you!

Amy in Irvine, California

87 months ago

I am considering a career as a Dental Hygienist or a Physician Assistant. I got accepted to both programs that start in August. I feel that both are great careers...roughly equal compensation, flexibility in schedule, and needed in many third world countries where I someday hope to practice. I have followed a number of people in both professions. It seems to me that Dental Hygienist can focus on really helping people with little stress whereas a Physician Assistant would have plenty of stress in diagnosing and treating patients. I have a type-A personality, perfectionist personality that currently works at a pharmaceutical company in a cubicle. I have realized that I do want to continue with school because working in an office environment does not give me the reward of truly serving people. I just don't know which program to choose. Does anyone have some advice or a recommendation?

ashley in Fayetteville, North Carolina

87 months ago

Amy in Irvine, California said: I am considering a career as a Dental Hygienist or a Physician Assistant. I got accepted to both programs that start in August. I feel that both are great careers...roughly equal compensation, flexibility in schedule, and needed in many third world countries where I someday hope to practice. I have followed a number of people in both professions. It seems to me that Dental Hygienist can focus on really helping people with little stress whereas a Physician Assistant would have plenty of stress in diagnosing and treating patients. I have a type-A personality, perfectionist personality that currently works at a pharmaceutical company in a cubicle. I have realized that I do want to continue with school because working in an office environment does not give me the reward of truly serving people. I just don't know which program to choose. Does anyone have some advice or a recommendation?

Congrats on getting into both programs!!! I believe that only you can make that tough decision :) You have to decide which one that you really want to do, which one do you have the most passion for. I am applying for dental hygiene in the fall of 2009. I was undecided between that and dental assisting and clinical laboratory science. It is always a tough decision when it comes to school :) Good Luck

BG in Burnaby, British Columbia

87 months ago

hygiene student in Toronto, Ontario said: I heard that the Vancouver school of Dental Hygiene is not fully accredited..is this valid? Also I was told by a friend in Vancouver that a new law has passed for all out of province students graduating after Feb 09 who wish to practice in BC will have to complete one year University prereqs.....?

VCDH is accredited and on schedule I, which is what they were waiting for to be "fully" accredited. The school is great, it is new and has its kinks, but I would do it again if I had to.

J.T. in Vancouver, British Columbia

87 months ago

Has any one been to or know of Regency Dental Hygiene Academy in TO, Ontario? It's a private institution and I plan on going there next year. I'd love to hear anyone's thoughts or feedback regarding them if they have any information they can share. thanks!

Anita K in kamloops, British Columbia

87 months ago

Does any one know the reputation of these colleges below in Ontario, for Dental Hygiene program

- Oxford North College
- Oxford College
- Aplus Institute
- Sinclair college

I would like to apply for next year. I am a CDA and would like to change my career.

Ashley in Fayetteville, North Carolina

87 months ago

Anita K in kamloops, British Columbia said: Does any one know the reputation of these colleges below in Ontario, for Dental Hygiene program

- Oxford North College
- Oxford College
- Aplus Institute
- Sinclair college

I would like to apply for next year. I am a CDA and would like to change my career.

How do you like being a CDA? I am debating between DA and DH.

M in Mississauga, Ontario

87 months ago

I'm in the processing of applying for Dental Hygiene, however can't decide on which schools to go. I found a website that lists all the accredited colleges in Ontario only I believe.

cdho.org/Registration/EducationalInstitutes.pdf

Does anyone know which private schools have a good reputation:

1) TORONTO COLLEGE OF DENTAL HYGIENE & AUXILIARIES
(From the discussions, i've only read 1 pro and 1 con for this school)

2.) THE CANADIAN ACADEMY OF DENTAL HYGIENE

3.) CANADIAN INSTITUTE OF DENTAL HYGIENE INC.

4) OXFORD COLLEGE OF ARTS, SCIENCE AND TECh.

Getting desperate... in Toronto, Ontario

86 months ago

I went to CADH in Mississauga, and my first instinct is to tell you to stay away. HOWEVER, when I was writing my board exam, I met other students from other schools and they all had something negative to say about their schools as well (especially CIDH in Hamilton). SO, let me break it down for you:
1) if you are male then you will have no problems at that school...the teachers treat guys well.. you will still need to study hard but will get away with things that other female students would get warnings for
2) in terms of quality of education, you will get what you pay for, they pay attention to you and watch you like hawks, you will get excellent instruction from very well expereinced and educated faculty, but I only learned to appreciate this AFTER I graduated and passed the boards (our school had a 99.9 passing rate) because during the program I was under severe stress (started smoking,etc...to ease my pain)the program is gruelling tough and the atmospehere is very stressfull and sometimes you will feel like youre being targeted or treated unfairly. BUT now I realize why they treated us like that: its all part of preparation for the real work life and of course making you a "professional"
3)I know for a fact that there are schools our there that are better equipped, have nicer clinics, and more modern technology available, so do your research and visit the schools, also, make sure you are on good terms with all your friends and family because you will need them to come in for you as clients in levels 2 & 3. Also be prepared to pay for them if you want them to show up (treatments vary from $30-70 per client and you will see about 30 of them)
AND before you make your decision to attend the program, check out the local classifieds, there are almost no jobs available and the starting pay is now $25/hr. I graduated in october 07 and I am still struggling to find work, I 've been to only 2 interviews, and so far am working only 1/2 day a week,good luck!

Confused in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan

86 months ago

What kind of warning would a person get?

86 months ago

you get warnings for things like:
1) professional misconduct - everything and anything the teacher doesnt like with regards to your attitude or behaviour, for example I got one when my teacher broke MY instrument in my clients mouth and she looked at me and said "we're gonna need another explorer" and since I didn't realize that she broke the instrument and I was a little confused at that moment, I asked "what happened to my explorer??" and she gave me and ice cold glare and later gave me a warning saying that it was an inappropriate comment to say in front of client
2)time mismanagement - if you dont finish your client on time or if the teacher feels that you took too long doing a task
3)tissue trauma (clinic)- if you cut someones gum - happens a lot to those who struggle with instrumentation especially in the beginning - if you get too many you get suspended from clinic for a week and have to pay for extra "tutoring"($80/hour) which they call "remedial" on a dummy
4)documents mismanagement - if you forget a signature from your client on one of the forms (which there are like 5) AND if you forget to ask the teacher to sign your grading sheet
5) Infection control - if you forget to wear your glasses, you forget to barrier a part of your op (which there are like 25 things to barrier for each client),
6)poor work habits - if you forget to wear ur name tag, if you wear ANY jewellery, if your thong is showing while bending down, if your hair is messy, if your uniform is wrinkled, if your ankles show, if you forget ur watch, pretty much anything that doesnt fit into the other above mentioned categories you get a warning.

theres a few other categories that I cant recall right now (I guess time really does heal emotional scars lol!!) basically, if you exceed your allowed warnings limit (level 2 is 5 and level 3 is 7) you are in trouble, they can either suspend you, or you will be called in to speak with the program director which is very unpleasant,

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

86 months ago

although, I found many of the warnings to be unfair and cruel, you do learn from them, and by learning from them you grow to be a "professional". A lot of the students in our class were under the age of 19 straight out of high school and this program really did help them mature and grow into young professionals. I guess theyre just trying to keep up a high standard.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Confused in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan

86 months ago

Thanks for your help. I have a Bsc. degree so I am not worried about the work load (unless I should be). Does a Bsc. prepare me for an 18 month course.

86 months ago

I think that your degree will definetely help you out with the science aspect of the course (theory), so I guess you will find courses like Anatomy, Histology and Embryology, Pharmacology, easier to understand and handle. However, thats just the theory part, in this program, theory alone will not cut. I have a BA and I thought that college will be a breeze since i already went through "university" boy was I wrong!!! university is a walk in the park comparing to this program. DH is VERY hands on in addition to the heavy theory load. Another thing that your degree will help you with is the English courses, having gone through formal postsecondary education, you probably know how to write well and do proper research for papers and stuff.

86 months ago

I found the opposite to be true. I felt like my BSc program was a much heavier work load compared to my DipDH. It's just that the hands on part might be a new learning experience for some people. It's a little unnerving to have an instructor watching over your shoulder while you are working with a patient. Can you imagine writing a science test with your prof standing behind you the whole time! Yikes!

86 months ago

yeah being watched was a little scary at first, but everyone gets used to it. And Im sure that the workload of a BSc is much heavier than DH however, the reason i found the DH program more difficult is because it was sooo condensed and packed together in terms of theory, we had at least 2 tests a week PLUS all the clinic issues and stress. So overall I found this program to be a much greater challenge than attending university for 4 years with reading week, and summers off in between to relax. Mind you I went to a private school which was only 18 months long with very little time off

86 months ago

That makes a big difference, my program was 2 years so I had a summer break and a reading break.

Erica in Kelowna, British Columbia

86 months ago

Hello. I have kinda stumbled onto this web site and have read through all of the postings on DH. I too am starting my pre-reqs in order to apply for the DH program, and trying to decide where to go to school. I have heard about private schools offering the program over a 2 year span, but are job prospects better if you have a Bsc? Isn't it a short cut to do it the other way and mean less credentially? I mean, why would anyone prefer to go to school for twice as long? There must be some negative consequenses. I would love to hear what you all think, and if you could do it all again, would you take the shorter road?

maleRDH in Vancouver, British Columbia

86 months ago

i think BC should set up a legislation to protect our students from having our jobs taken by Ontario residents.

maleRDH in Vancouver, British Columbia

86 months ago

or at least make them go thru a very hard province board exam. =)
We should have priority over non-BC residents when looking for a job in Vancouver.

86 months ago

Basically, the profession has been moving towards a BDSc for entry to practice. BUT this will likely not happen for a number of years.

As it stands right now for clinical practice, a BDSc is not considered as an advantage over just having your diplomia. This is based on dentists and educators that I have talked to.

Where your BDSc will help you is if you choose to become a DH educator or work in community health. These sectors are often REQUIRING a BDSc as a pre-req for the job.

Excited... in Mississauga, Ontario

86 months ago

Hi, I am currently a new resident of Ontario and have done tons tons of research on the schools in Toronto and the area.. I visited a total of I think six schools and asked every question. I have originally a Bachelors of Science in Biology and graduate a couple years ago. My intention was to start Dentistry but for "reasons" I coulldn't and especially here in Canada it is unbelievably difficult to get in (unless i want to study for another 8 years going for a PhD).. Anyways, I've researched different careers and I found DH the best of them all. And I would say so because of the new legislation that passed to allow DH to open their own clinic. I always believed if you are the best at what you do you can do anything. There are a couple people so frustrated with the profession and the boredom.. I guess if you'd rather be working 13 hour shifts and watching people pee in their pants all the day you can do nursing..or maybe you can crack peoples back, spend 90k on tuition and start at 30k a year being a Chiropractor.. or you can try studying for the rest of your life become a dentist or physician ..have no family life..become 50 and finally pay off your debt and be happy your making 100k after taxes (yay).. Even if a Hygeniest is getting paid 25 or 30 an hour that is far better then what a NEW GRAD who studied four years of ENGINEERING makes! For the person who is getting bored w/ the profession.. look at the difference you can make in peoples lives! You can go to a third world country and ACTUALLY make a difference.. whereas if you were a nurse you could hmmm....well you could follow the doctor around.. second you can free clinics to children in the poorer communities..even maybe set up a work shop.. And eventually if you are liked and people can see you didn't just work on their teeth and said GOODBYE HAVE A NICE DAY..and people remember you one day you can open your own clinic...the possibility is endless i believe.. thats just my opinion..

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Excited... in Mississauga, Ontario

86 months ago

because I blabbed on for so long.. I wanted to quickly say in my opinion...

1. Regency DH Academy has the best program for having a state of the art facility, the only school i went to where the clinic had people waiting to be helped!, the location is excellent (next to UoT), and the instructors are well known.
2. CIDH in Mississauga seemed to be alright. The facility is ugly as someone noted, and kind of a depressing building. Otherwise if what the girl commented above said that it helped her pass her boards...then thats cool with me..
3. George Brown College,,try contacting an admission officer..you feel like your talking to someone teaching Harvard or Oxford..haha.. the building is old, the location is not better then Regency, and its overcrowded and feels like a total community college
4. Dental Hyg academy in Burlington..really nice clinic in a mall, but don't take international students and in a really boring town..
5. Kent College.. ahh..no comment..
Didn't visit Toronto Dental or Yorkville but both over the phone seemed a little worried about their accreditation.. t

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

t in Toronto, Ontario

86 months ago

Excited in Mississauga you seem unrealistic, my cousin is a Chiropractor with her own practice making 150K nothing compared to a hygienist and please STOP putting down other professions they are all good in their own way.

Honestly you sound really young and not experienced at all in the world.

I would suggest you THIINK before you write and put down others and their professions.

t in Toronto, Ontario

86 months ago

I would gather YOU are a international student but I won't put from where I think you are from my guess would be right anways.

Get Serious in Scarborough, Ontario

86 months ago

Excited... in Mississauga, Ontario said: because I blabbed on for so long.. I wanted to quickly say in my opinion...
/QUOTE]

Excited, I read your review and was very concerned with your comments which prompted me to respond in kind. You state that you have done "tons and tons" of research on dental hygiene schools. You follow that up by providing your opinion on 5 colleges. With all due respect, your review of these colleges is superficial at best. Last I checked, old buildings and boring towns have little to do with the quality of someone's education. It is unfortunate that your "tons and tons" of research wasn't more in depth and relevant to the dental hgyiene profession.

By the way, I am surprised that your "tons and tons" of research didn't reveal that the the Toronto College is already accredited so I don't think they are "worried" about their accreditation.

If anyone finds Excited's review meaningful and helpful then Regency is probably for you as well.

Schatje87 in Surrey, British Columbia

86 months ago

cavitron in miami, Florida said: I'M GOING TO TELL YOU STRAIGHT FROM THE HORSE'S MOUTH. DO NOT BECOME A DENTAL HYGIENIST. DO YOURSELF A BIG FAVOR. ALTHOUGH, I LIKE WHAT I DO, I CAN'T FIND A JOB. IT'S DEPRESSING BUT I'M TRYING TO KEEP MY CHIN UP. I WOULD LIKE FOR YOU TO READ THIS FORUM CALLED "LOOKING FOR A JOB" TYPE IT IN THE SEARCH BOX AN READ THE BLOGS FROM PAGES 1-4 AND YOUR'LL SEE WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT.

you also live in florida. DHs living in BC have a better chance of finding a job. maybe you should think about moving to canada :P

excited,.. in Mississauga, Ontario

86 months ago

Get Serious in Scarborough, Ontario said:

Okay maybe I was rushing really bad because I had an appointment and found this website and felt like I had to put my input. Anyhow, I'm sorry if anyone felt offended with what I said or felt I was acting childish. I don't think it's necessary to be racist, as a matter of fact I'm not young..but just excited. I actually have a Bachelors Degree in Biology (and partied a lot too but probably not like T who is thirty five wishing he/she didn't sleep around in her teens and actually did her/his parents proud ..loser.haha) anyways I have been researching/shadowing for the past two years to try to figure out what I'm getting myself into. So yeah, I'm one of those nerds who went into Chiropractors offices and asked them if I could watch what they do. And I've worked w/ a Dentist..and Optometrist..and my ex is a nurse..so I have a little idea of the other professions. And yes you are right they all have their pros/cons but I was just referring to the person who said she was getting bored w/ her work after seven yeras. Honestly, it is hard to find something not to be bored off after seven years but I think if you really enjoy yourself and give it your best then any career will be rewarding. Anyways, IMO I believe Regency is the best from them all because of the location,,again i went to five or six schools and NONE had anyone waiting w/ patients. Second, the location is GOLD and besides being right next to UoT so you can walk down the streets for studying sessions (I'm assuming you actually have to do that right?) some of the faculty TEACH at UoT. The school's equipment is top-notch and I went to some schools where there was a dummy that could of been like thirty years old. I mean when these schools charge about 35k in tuition and can't afford NEW EQUIPMENT and the lecture rooms don't even have a projector..hmm.. I'm sure Toronto Dental is a good school and actually have kept in contact w/ them. :)

t in Toronto, Ontario

86 months ago

T who is thirty five wishing he/she didn't sleep around in her teens and actually did her/his parents proud ..loser.haha)

Your little input was uncalled for and making reference to age is unnecessary maybe your a 35 yr loser. My family is a very respectful and I have been lucky to have wonderful parents with siblings maybe something your not aware of.

Anyways, excited I good luck with whatever decision you make.

t in Toronto, Ontario

86 months ago

sorry i what I wanted to say was good luck Exited with your future plans.

Get Serious in Scarborough, Ontario

86 months ago

excited,.. in Mississauga, Ontario said: Okay maybe I was rushing really bad ...:)

You had a chance to redeem yourself in your last post..you didn't. That you feel Regency is in a great location is nice but again, what does this have to do with the quality of education delivered? You also seem to equate the quality of education with patients waiting in the reception area..???? Are you serious?? This says nothing about the quality of education. All this says is that when you went to visit Regency their clinic was in session and it probably wasn't in session when you went to those other schools.

Note the following:
1. It seems that universities will hand out a B.Sc to just about anyone given that you got one.
2. Your English is aweful. I guess Regency will let in just about anyone - that's if you got in.
3. Please stop posting on this board as you continue to lose credibility each time you do.

Many people get excited - that's no excuse to be ignorant.

Dental in Toronto, Ontario

86 months ago

Hi,

I just wanted to warn people about going to a private school by the name of George Young College. It is garbage plain and simple.

It is one of the worst hygiene schools around; a friend of mine visited and was given false information.

I am only writing this in hopes that if you are considering attend being careful.

Do your research properly and shop around your spending lots of money might as well get quality education.

DJL in Toronto, Ontario

86 months ago

Dental in Toronto, Ontario said: Hi,

I just wanted to warn people about going to a private school by the name of George Young College. It is garbage plain and simple.

It is one of the worst hygiene schools around; a friend of mine visited and was given false information.

I am only writing this in hopes that if you are considering attend being careful.

Do your research properly and shop around your spending lots of money might as well get quality education.

Anyone who is contemplating on attending a non-accredited school, please interview with the current students privately. The school administration will probably not give you the fullest details. The schools which are listed as "program under survey" may appear to be more favourable, but still perform your due diligence and investigate. Not every "program under survey" schools appear to be closer to full accreditation.

M in Mississauga, Ontario

86 months ago

Thanks for your reply " getting desperate in Toronto". I was just wondering which school were you talking about regarding 1."if you were a male,you will not have a problem..etc". Is it CADH in mississauga or CIDH in hamilton. I heard that CADH is like a boot camp. I got that impression the first time I called them. They seemed to be rude.
For people talking about Oxford and Oxford Plus, what's the difference really? I've noticed Oxford Plus in not listed in one of accredited schools in Ontario from this website cdho.org/Registration/EducationalInstitutes.pdf

DJL in Hamilton, Ontario

86 months ago

M in Mississauga, Ontario said: Thanks for your reply " getting desperate in Toronto". I was just wondering which school were you talking about regarding 1."if you were a male,you will not have a problem..etc". Is it CADH in mississauga or CIDH in hamilton. I heard that CADH is like a boot camp. I got that impression the first time I called them. They seemed to be rude.
For people talking about Oxford and Oxford Plus, what's the difference really? I've noticed Oxford Plus in not listed in one of accredited schools in Ontario from this website cdho.org/Registration/EducationalInstitutes.pdf

Oxford North was a spin-off of Oxford (Scarborough)originally, but the two colleges have separate identities now and are not related to each other anymore.

Oxford (Scarborough) is accredited but Oxford North is listed as "program under survey", which means that if they receive a positive site visit survey, they will receive the accreditation, usually at the end of November of the year.

Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  6  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.