Hygiene pay in different parts of the country

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (101 to 150 of 301)
Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  6  Next »   Last »

suzanne

73 months ago

Hi jme, what prison do you work for? State or federal? I have 3 years in federal prison exp but they don't hire over the age of 37 and I'm 52. I see you have made several positive comments about your job and am wondering if you will give me some info on the job available? I'm able to relocate and currently licensed in Indiana. I've been on unemployment 5 months. Thank-you.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

jme north miss in Nashville, Tennessee

73 months ago

I work for a private contracted prision. We house California inmates. The name of our company is CCA but i am in the tallahatchie location(north mississippi). The job will be closing soon. You can probably find the listing on CCA's website. www.correctionscorp.com I think!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

suzanne

73 months ago

Thank-you, I'll check it out!

suzanne

73 months ago

jme, I got on the website but nothing listed for a RDH. I am wondering if you have to be licensed in the state you are working in or do they accept another state's license? I am in Indiana. Thanks and appreciate your time and help.

exp in Massachusetts

73 months ago

Jme in North, Mississippi said: I am thinking about moving to GA, amybe close to the GA/FL line. Anyone know know of any job openings or pay range for that part?
FYI*******WE RDH'S NEED TO STOP ACCEPTING LESS THAN WE DESERVE******

It's hard in todays economy, and schools graduating many into the workforce equaling more selection for the Dentists. Good luck to all in finding a good practice .

Marissa in Akron, Ohio

73 months ago

Hello to all the dental hygienists out there!! I am a RN who is considering a career change. I have been in contact with local schools, but am conducting my own research too. I would truly like to make a well informed decision prior to enrolling in a program. I have read through the comments posted on this site. Some of the comments posted are very encouraging, while others are scary. I have been online trying to investigate if this field has many offers for employment. I live in Ohio and haven't seen many job openings posted....I've noticed that quite a few individuals commented on their difficulty in finding a job...I know the economy isn't helping either. What are your feelings/recommendations towards my considering this career switch? Also, please include what you feel is most rewarding & least rewarding parts of your career. Thanks guys!!!

cindy in Birmingham, Alabama

73 months ago

If I were an RN I would not even begin to consider changing careers.
It seems to me that you would be able to make a lot more money in nursing than in dentistry. The pay for a hygienist fluxuates so much.
I do enjoy the interaction with the patients but do not like the attitude of most Dentist. In Alabama you would not have a very good experience because of the pay ( it is very low )!!!!!!!! You are lucky if you can make 200.00 a day! Good luck!

Suzanne

73 months ago

It's ironic how many hygienists are going back for nursing. I have been a practicing hygienist for 15 years and unemployed since 12/08. My friend from Franklin, IN lost her job of 9 years last Friday due to the economy. I wouldn't recommend hygiene for more than the difficulty of finding a job. Many dentists don't offer benefits and close the office for any reason they choose. The hygienist doesn't get paid when that happens. You have no where to go with concerns or ethical/legal issues. Many of the dr's wives play a big part in your salary or raises. Many run a prophy mill or expect sales and production goals daily. I think it would be very difficult for a nurse who has always focused on patient care and quality to be a hygienist. When the paycheck stops, you have nothing in the end.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Suzanne

73 months ago

PS Check out the ad on Careerbuilder and Dentalpost.net a hygienist posted looking for work; she relocated from Ohio to Carmel, IN because she couldn't find work.

Nat in Vicksburg, Mississippi

73 months ago

jme north miss in Nashville, Tennessee said: I have a job here if you are interested here in north miss. Its at my prison! Let me know if you are interested!!

Hey Jamie, I graduate this week from UMC. Is there still an opening for a hygienist at CCA?

nancy in Muskegon, Michigan

73 months ago

I just completed a dental assistant program in grand rapids, mi. and i'm really considering going into dental hygiene. the field interests me very much, but it's a bit frightening to see how many people are having to relocate to get a job w/unfair pay. does anyone have any advise on how much time, money, effort, etc.. it takes to transfer your license from one state to another? i just want to get an idea of what i might be getting myself into.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Suzanne

73 months ago

Hi Nancy, every state is different. Some except reciprocity with your current license and some don't. Some require you to take their own national board also. ie, I took NERB and New Mexico does not accept it. They have WREB and no reciprocity. So, even though I have 15 years in Indiana it doesn't count. Some may require an x-ray certification, ethics and jurisprudence. Costs can vary alot. The best thing is to contact the state you plan on working in first as you can't run all over the place getting licensed. The professional licensing agency will have the specifics. That's about the only advice I have. Good Luck if you choose hygiene.

nancy in Muskegon, Michigan

73 months ago

thanks alot suzanne, this is very useful information for me.

JME in Dublin, Mississippi

73 months ago

NAT, THE POSITION IS STILL OPEN BUT NOT FOR LONG. THINK AN INTERVIEW IS GOING ON THIS WEEK. BETTER CALL ASAP IF YOU WANT TO APPLY!

Methvinx in Seattle, Washington

70 months ago

Susan in Greenlawn, New York said: It's DHs that are ruining this career for every one else. I make close to $40/hour and have worked very hard for many years to get my pay up to where it is today and then along comes this DH and accepts $27.5/hour. The DDS is laughing at you behind his/her back. I made $29/hour back 16 yrs. ago. I know of a DA that makes $26/hour, most DAs make $20/hour. You spent almost 3yrs. and $20,000 to gain what, a whooping $7. You are the exact type of DH that would sellout other DH just to make a small buck. SHAME on you!!!!

My dear you're not from the South are you? Don't blame this kid. Southern dentists are notoriously petulant and cheap, very, very few of them will pay a new hygienist what they should command and I and another hygienist who have been working a total of 25 years both get paid not much more than this girl. It's the South, they're just stinkers about it. You want to make more money, move somewhere else.

KJean in Fort Worth, Texas

69 months ago

I just moved to Texas (Fort Worth area) and was wondering about wages. I have 2.5 years experience. Do most offices pay hourly or commision? Also, can hygienists stay busy just doing fill in and do you get payed more for that?

changing careers in Houston, Texas

69 months ago

hi i'm in houston texas plan to stay here, and wanted to know if there is still a demand for dental hygienist here? i ask because obviously if there are more hygienist than needed then salaries will go down and i dont want to change careers to take 2 steps back.
can anyone give any insight to this?
thanks in advance

exp in Massachusetts

69 months ago

changing careers in Houston, Texas said: hi i'm in houston texas plan to stay here, and wanted to know if there is still a demand for dental hygienist here? i ask because obviously if there are more hygienist than needed then salaries will go down and i dont want to change careers to take 2 steps back.
can anyone give any insight to this?
thanks in advance

Any luck yet? Check temp agencies, and let them know your availibility. I'm not sure of TX, but it appears that many states, are going through the oversaturation of this field...put your best foot forward and start hitting the pavement with resumes, references, business cards....talk to the Hygiene Association in TX too, they may be able to give you some leads...tight market...and many want THAT job too, so also, you may need to negotiate pay (unfortunately)...stay positive! GL

Worried RDH in TX in Lewisville, Texas

69 months ago

In Texas the legislature passed that assistants can do coronal polishing and sealants. Hygienists' in this state can't give anesthesia. So does anybody think this will affect our pay and our job prospects? I am very worried about my job security in the future.

* in Winnipeg, Manitoba

69 months ago

new to the area. anyone know the starting wage/per hour in winnipeg, manitoba?

jennifer in Wichita, Kansas

69 months ago

I totally agree with you. SHould gone into nursing or something. I live in small town where there is a dental hygiene program and is very difficult to find a job. On top of that it's legal for dental assistants to scale so that killed the job market for us. Is it legal in any other states for assistants to scale?

jennifer in Wichita, Kansas

69 months ago

Worried RDH in TX in Lewisville, Texas said: In Texas the legislature passed that assistants can do coronal polishing and sealants. Hygienists' in this state can't give anesthesia. So does anybody think this will affect our pay and our job prospects? I am very worried about my job security in the future.

Yes it will , they start off with polishing then they'll want to do scaling. in kansas it's legal for dental assistants to scale above gumline. Makes it impossible for hygienist to find a job here. They pay them $10-$15 /Hour and they pretend to be hygienist . I 've seen them use cavitrons and all. It's digusting, they still hire a hygienist for maybe 1-2 days a week to do difficult perio prophs and to cover their butts. Watch out it's usually the dentists that have $$$$ to lobby what's best for their interest and pocket books and they'll fight for it.

Worried RDH in TX in Lewisville, Texas

69 months ago

jennifer in Wichita, Kansas said: Yes it will , they start off with polishing then they'll want to do scaling. in kansas it's legal for dental assistants to scale above gumline. Makes it impossible for hygienist to find a job here. They pay them $10-$15 /Hour and they pretend to be hygienist . I 've seen them use cavitrons and all. It's digusting, they still hire a hygienist for maybe 1-2 days a week to do difficult perio prophs and to cover their butts. Watch out it's usually the dentists that have $$$$ to lobby what's best for their interest and pocket books and they'll fight for it.

TX state board hasn't made it's decision about how the law will be carried out. I work in pedo and I just love it! I prefer working with kids than adults. I am not crazy about perio. One of doctors I work for supported this bill and I confronted him about it and told him my concern about my job security. He told me my job is secure. I am not sure about that but I guess I will have to see what happens. I am about to start taking some prerequisites for nursing! So I can't wait to get out hygiene!

Jessica in Ponca City, Oklahoma

69 months ago

Hi, can someone please tell me the average pay per hour in Oklahoma. I am majoring in Pre-medicine and want to become a Dental Hygienist. I just would really like to know the pay in Oklahoma. Thanks:)

exp in Massachusetts

69 months ago

Jessica in Ponca City, Oklahoma said: Hi, can someone please tell me the average pay per hour in Oklahoma. I am majoring in Pre-medicine and want to become a Dental Hygienist. I just would really like to know the pay in Oklahoma. Thanks:)

Choose another field....NOT DENTAL HYGIENE. If you are in pre-medicine....look into Nursing, Nurse Practioner.....Dental Hygiene is oversaturated...DO NOT, listen to Dr.'s or schools, listen to the R.D.H.'s online on many of these threads, which had they known that Dental Hygiene would not provide them with an income earlier, would be employed in a field that OFFERS RETIREMENT,ETC. GL

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

BreezyRDH in Cleveland, Ohio

69 months ago

I agree with exp comments. Hygiene aint the place to be right now!!

exp in Massachusetts

69 months ago

nancy in Muskegon, Michigan said: I just completed a dental assistant program in grand rapids, mi. and i'm really considering going into dental hygiene. the field interests me very much, but it's a bit frightening to see how many people are having to relocate to get a job w/unfair pay. does anyone have any advise on how much time, money, effort, etc.. it takes to transfer your license from one state to another? i just want to get an idea of what i might be getting myself into.

Stay with D.A.'s. You are more likely to find "steady" employment, benefits, retirement,etc....Hygiene's MANY have to vye for a job!

Christine Clarke in White Plains, New York

69 months ago

Worried RDH in TX in Lewisville, Texas said: TX state board hasn't made it's decision about how the law will be carried out. I work in pedo and I just love it! I prefer working with kids than adults. I am not crazy about perio. One of doctors I work for supported this bill and I confronted him about it and told him my concern about my job security. He told me my job is secure. I am not sure about that but I guess I will have to see what happens. I am about to start taking some prerequisites for nursing! So I can't wait to get out hygiene!

Really! Wow I have been doing research and all over the internet it says nothing but great things about Dental Hygiene. It says that by 2016 there will be a 30% increase, It is number 4 on the job report listings on MSN, there are certain areas in which you can make a good living such as california, NY, Connecticut, and Massachussetts. Is this information all incorrect? I was thinking of going into the field myself, and I have a friend that just graduated. I am really nervous now because I keep hearing negative things. Please let me know so I don't get into the wrong profession.

69 months ago

I work as a Physical Therapist Aide in New York and one of the Therapists father and wife are both dentists. He said he too got accepted into Dental school, but was later denied. However, he seems to know a lot about the dental industry. He is now saying that with the economic crisis that Dentists are putting in a little extra time (15 minutes or so) to do the cleaning to avoid having to pay a fee of like $90 to hygenists. They'd much rather spend the little time than to pay out. Is this true because it does make sense?

exp in Massachusetts

69 months ago

Christine Clarke in White Plains, New York said: Really! Wow I have been doing research and all over the internet it says nothing but great things about Dental Hygiene. It says that by 2016 there will be a 30% increase, It is number 4 on the job report listings on MSN, there are certain areas in which you can make a good living such as california, NY, Connecticut, and Massachussetts. Is this information all incorrect? I was thinking of going into the field myself, and I have a friend that just graduated. I am really nervous now because I keep hearing negative things. Please let me know so I don't get into the wrong profession.

Hi Christine, YES the info you have and hear and see online of "Dental Hygiene fast growing and expected to increase..." is "B----". The wages are going down for the Dental Hygienist, and there is a questionable future if you choose this career not to mention the astronomical cost for a 2+yrs. ($30-40,000+)for training then when you're done....Where are the jobs? Not enough work to go around and some (just to get the position)taking alot less. Many don't receive retirement, med/dental, CEU's as you tend to work P.T. Yes, there are a few fortunate enough to obtain F.T. but in 2009 and beyond....do you want to spend this kind of money and not have a job (regular days, a check you can count on EACH WEEK)? If you've been reading threads by recent grad's , many are asking? WHERE ARE THE JOBS....THE ARTICLES SAID THIS IS A GROWING/ IN DEMAND FIELD...??? GL, but if I were 20-30, I would choose a major that had longevity and retirement.

dcrumley in Rossville, Georgia

69 months ago

all the dentist I have worked for would not clean teeth they don't like it

Suzanne in Terre Haute, Indiana

69 months ago

Christine Clarke in White Plains, New York said: Really! Wow I have been doing research and all over the internet it says nothing but great things about Dental Hygiene. It says that by 2016 there will be a 30% increase, It is number 4 on the job report listings on MSN, there are certain areas in which you can make a good living such as california, NY, Connecticut, and Massachussetts. Is this information all incorrect? I was thinking of going into the field myself, and I have a friend that just graduated. I am really nervous now because I keep hearing negative things. Please let me know so I don't get into the wrong profession.

Does your research say there will be 30% increase in hygienists seeking employment or 30% increase in need for their services? There are more hygienists now than there are jobs and dentists are not graduating as fast as we are to need us to go to work. Corporations are buying out many private dds and will hire 1 or 2 hygienists to replace 6 or 8 in private practice and wages are going down. There are so many of us there is no need to pay a higher wage. Why pay a hygienist $40/hour when someone who is desperate to pay off student loans and put food on the table will take the job for $20/hour? Think long and hard before you enter this profession. Just my opinion.

Melania in Tucson, Arizona

69 months ago

Suzanne in Terre Haute, Indiana said: Does your research say there will be 30% increase in hygienists seeking employment or 30% increase in need for their services? There are more hygienists now than there are jobs and dentists are not graduating as fast as we are to need us to go to work. Corporations are buying out many private dds and will hire 1 or 2 hygienists to replace 6 or 8 in private practice and wages are going down. There are so many of us there is no need to pay a higher wage. Why pay a hygienist $40/hour when someone who is desperate to pay off student loans and put food on the table will take the job for $20/hour? Think long and hard before you enter this profession. Just my opinion.

Suzanne, you are absolutely right. In my area new DH grads are begging for a job... Just a few days ago I saw an add on Craigslist in Resume section, you can not believe...."Dental Hygienist - PLEASE HIRE ME!" His/her add is saying that he/she a new grad, asking for Full time/Part time/Temp... ANY....And people are still trying to get into DH program - spending years completing bunch of prerequisites and waiting to be admitted. Yes, after applying there is a couple years of wait. At least in our local college... Insain...

69 months ago

exp in Massachusetts said: Hi Christine, YES the info you have and hear and see online of "Dental Hygiene fast growing and expected to increase..." is "B----". The wages are going down for the Dental Hygienist, and there is a questionable future if you choose this career not to mention the astronomical cost for a 2+yrs. ($30-40,000+)for training then when you're done....Where are the jobs? Not enough work to go around and some (just to get the position)taking alot less. Many don't receive retirement, med/dental, CEU's as you tend to work P.T. Yes, there are a few fortunate enough to obtain F.T. but in 2009 and beyond....do you want to spend this kind of money and not have a job (regular days, a check you can count on EACH WEEK)? If you've been reading threads by recent grad's , many are asking? WHERE ARE THE JOBS....THE ARTICLES SAID THIS IS A GROWING/ IN DEMAND FIELD...??? GL, but if I were 20-30, I would choose a major that had longevity and retirement.

Thank You so much for the information. If I hadn't done my research, I would be on the other end right now disappointed and confused. Keep posting your honest opinions and state the facts so that others don't make the wrong choice like I almost did

69 months ago

Let me say I am glad you are listening and heeding the advice of those who know what is really going on due to actual first-hand experience. There are many who would disagree with us. Those who haven't lost jobs for one reason or another will find out the hard way if they are ever in our position. The unemployment line is not fun and the bad thing is many hygienists don't work full-time so they aren't eligible to draw benefits anyway. Good luck to you.

69 months ago

Melania in Tucson, Arizona said: Suzanne, you are absolutely right. In my area new DH grads are begging for a job... Just a few days ago I saw an add on Craigslist in Resume section, you can not believe...."Dental Hygienist - PLEASE HIRE ME!" His/her add is saying that he/she a new grad, asking for Full time/Part time/Temp... ANY....And people are still trying to get into DH program - spending years completing bunch of prerequisites and waiting to be admitted. Yes, after applying there is a couple years of wait. At least in our local college... Insain...

I know it's crazy what is going on with the schools. Their profit is more important than being honest with potential students. Afterall, how many would still be interested if their advisor was to tell them something like, it's a wonderful human services profession but you won't be able to find a job upon graduation and a minimum of 2 licensing tests and even if you do wages are going down and you might only get 1 day a week. HA! Could you imagine ever hearing that?? I felt just like the person in the ad, begging to get hired for the past few years. I'm moving on and wonder what will happen when those still in school become aware they were bilked out of thousands of dollars? What about federal grants for in-demand jobs? That's a hoax also. Should be interesting.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

exp in Massachusetts

69 months ago

Suzanne in Terre Haute, Indiana said: I know it's crazy what is going on with the schools. Their profit is more important than being honest with potential students. Afterall, how many would still be interested if their advisor was to tell them something like, it's a wonderful human services profession but you won't be able to find a job upon graduation and a minimum of 2 licensing tests and even if you do wages are going down and you might only get 1 day a week. HA! Could you imagine ever hearing that?? I felt just like the person in the ad, begging to get hired for the past few years. I'm moving on and wonder what will happen when those still in school become aware they were bilked out of thousands of dollars? What about federal grants for in-demand jobs? That's a hoax also. Should be interesting.

Hi Suzanne, Sorry to hear we will be losing a PROFESSIONAL who cares, not only about herself but the choice so many are choosing in 2009....I guess they will find out what the future will hold for them.....P.S. WATCH OUT FOR "DUDE", he/she wrote something in Spanish not thinking a "thinking" person would look it up and it was an insult according to my research....silly people, I know this is the age of the computer, even "slang" can be checked. Not very professsional...but again, some choose to show their true colors. Scarey!

69 months ago

Hi exp,
I will still try to help in any way I can to bring our situation to the forefront of our state reps, the media ect. Thanks for the compliment of being a professional. I try. I am sad to be leaving the career but there are other healthcare fields and I still need to make some cash so will learn a new trade. Hope to still practice hygiene in some way. Don't know yet how it will play out but not giving up altogether. Not yet. Didn't see the "dude" comment. Probably wasn't worth reading. I'll take your word for it.

hyg sucks in Richmond, Virginia

68 months ago

Worried RDH in TX in Lewisville, Texas said: TX state board hasn't made it's decision about how the law will be carried out. I work in pedo and I just love it! I prefer working with kids than adults. I am not crazy about perio. One of doctors I work for supported this bill and I confronted him about it and told him my concern about my job security. He told me my job is secure. I am not sure about that but I guess I will have to see what happens. I am about to start taking some prerequisites for nursing! So I can't wait to get out hygiene!

The DA can scale in Va. There are no hyg in the pedo offices unless it is a chain.

mariela in Corpus Christi, Texas

68 months ago

Kathysinger in Corpus Christi, Texas said: Hi everyone, my name is Kathy and I'm an RDH in South Texas. I recently graduated from Del Mar College this last May in '08, and we here in Corpus, wage wise, start at around 25/hr. The problem is employment here. There's nothing, we are lucky to get temp jobs and or 1 to 2 days per week. If anyone is from this area and knows of any dentists hiring, please let me know. I have 20 years of dental assisting experience as well.

Kathy

Im a senior this year and i was thinking about doing dental hygiene...should i not??

exp in Massachusetts

68 months ago

mariela in Corpus Christi, Texas said: Im a senior this year and i was thinking about doing dental hygiene...should i not??

The answer is :NOT! Overcrowded, and questionable employment after spending a ridiculous amount of money for a 2-3yr. program. Look into a major: ie-Nursing, or Radiology if you like sciences. You will most likely work in a facility or hospital setting and....and .....have a retirement , med/dental benefits, etc. Many.....MOST R.D.H.'s do not work F.T. or receive ben's....go for SECURITY...think forward 20+yrs. when you will wish you had a retirement fund....GL in choosing a career.

68 months ago

ugh trying to figure out what i want to do is sooo frustrating :( i just think nursing is going to be extremely hard...plus i heard some thing might pass that deducts the pay of nurses by a lot. something obama wants to do...have you heard anything about it??

68 months ago

I am registering for nursing at our community college in IN. Here, you have to apply and be accepted into the program. I have to take pre-reqs over as I've had my degree 15 years now. I don't know anything about the plans of Obama, but nurses will always have a job. I'm going for my LPN as many places will help pay for RN once you get that far. I don't want to go back to school at 53, but I want to have a job I can go to everyday and get paid. Let us know if you find out any info please.

68 months ago

will do, good luck and thank you for the advice

exp in Massachusetts

68 months ago

mariela in Corpus Christi, Texas said: ugh trying to figure out what i want to do is sooo frustrating :( i just think nursing is going to be extremely hard...plus i heard some thing might pass that deducts the pay of nurses by a lot. something obama wants to do...have you heard anything about it??

I would try googling different info to see if your question(s) can be answered....put it in different "?" form til you get what you need......Nursing is still a better longterm choice and you most likely will receive BENEFITS AND RETIREMENT PAY.

Insulted RDH in Kennesaw, Georgia

67 months ago

Methvinx in Seattle, Washington said: My dear you're not from the South are you? Don't blame this kid. Southern dentists are notoriously petulant and cheap, very, very few of them will pay a new hygienist what they should command and I and another hygienist who have been working a total of 25 years both get paid not much more than this girl. It's the South, they're just stinkers about it. You want to make more money, move somewhere else.

You are soooo right. Got my license in WA state 8 yrs ago and was paid $35 an hour right out of school. Moved to GA and negotiated a fair salary for the south and approx. 1 yr later was informed that all hygienists pay, with this company, was changing to commission. At minimum you will make $28 an hour. This could be an okay situation if there weren't so many hygienists on staff, thus leaving your schedule with several openings. By the time it's all said and done you are glad you are atleast making $28 an hour. So yes I have become "one of those DH." Not by choice, but what are your options when your pay has been reduced, no opportunities available and a hygiene school is on practically every corner. I am also considering changing professions.

Insulted RDH in Kennesaw, Georgia

67 months ago

Donna in Chattanooga Tn in Rossville, Georgia said: I make 26 an hour at my Mon-thurs job with full benifits pay 100%
but the cost of living in Chattanooga is very low. My rent for a 3 bedroom house in a nice area is only 650 mo.
I have made as much as 30 per hour just south of Chattanooga in Dalton GA
Atlanta is a 2 hour drive for me and I have made as much as 45 there but the cost of living is very high in Atlanta around 1200 for a 2 bedroom apt.

You posted that they are desperate for hygienists in Atlanta??? You must mean in the heart of Atlanta. Because I have lived in the outskirts of Atlanta and I know several hygienists that have been out of work for 7-8 months with no responses at all from offices. Maybe you posted this before the recession hit?? I hear of offices receiving 100 resumes for 1 RDH position. How are you hearing of these positions? Would love to let some hygienists know.

DCW in Fall River, Massachusetts

67 months ago

Does anyone have any experience getting paid by commission. I am trying to get more hours at my job but realize there might be some holes in the schedule for the first few months. I'm trying to find a way for this situation to be beneficial for both me and the dentist.

RDH in Kennesaw, Georgia

67 months ago

Suzanne in Terre Haute, Indiana said: I am registering for nursing at our community college in IN. Here, you have to apply and be accepted into the program. I have to take pre-reqs over as I've had my degree 15 years now. I don't know anything about the plans of Obama, but nurses will always have a job. I'm going for my LPN as many places will help pay for RN once you get that far. I don't want to go back to school at 53, but I want to have a job I can go to everyday and get paid. Let us know if you find out any info please.

I hear you Suzanne in Indiana. I am looking into retaking my pre-reqs to get into a nursing program as well. I have only been a hygienist for 8 yrs but have been very disappointed in the lack of opportunities. The office I work in now has no problem double booking me. I still haven't figured out how they think that is possible. There are some good offices out there, but they are few and far between and never have openings. Need a real career.

hyg sucks in Richmond, Virginia

67 months ago

RDH in Kennesaw, Georgia said: I hear you Suzanne in Indiana. I am looking into retaking my pre-reqs to get into a nursing program as well. I have only been a hygienist for 8 yrs but have been very disappointed in the lack of opportunities. The office I work in now has no problem double booking me. I still haven't figured out how they think that is possible. There are some good offices out there, but they are few and far between and never have openings. Need a real career.

There is a school in Gainesville that have evening and weeking RN classes.

Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  6  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.