What Is The Wage Per Hour In Lethbridge Alberta???

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1 to 50 of 1423)
Page:   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

Crystal in Lethbridge, Alberta

78 months ago

Can anyone tell me what the wage per/hour is in Alberta. Lethbridge? Calgary? Edmonton? Red Deer? Medicine Hat?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (107) / No (14) Reply - Report abuse

Crystal in Lethbridge, Alberta

78 months ago

Sandy in Edmonton, Alberta said: Crystal,

I worked in Lethbridge a year and a bit ago. I made 47.50 per hour. I worked for a very generous dentist. I work in edmonton and I make $50 per hour. I have made $65 plus per hour working commission here in Edmonton. I worked some Saturdays for a dentist in Calgary and made $70 per hour.

Hope that helps

Can you recommend any temp agencies in Calgary that I should call if I was interested in temping? What amount of money can I expect to earn temping? Do temp agencies pay commision or hourly wages? Thanks for your help it is greatly appreciated.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (62) / No (11) Reply - Report abuse

Kris in Kitchener, Ontario

78 months ago

I want to move out west, my parents live in B.C but my boy friend wants to move to Alberta because of better job opportunities for him. I was just wondering if anyone knows the difference between wages for a Dental Hygienist in Alberta and then in BC ?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (57) / No (9) Reply - Report abuse

amy in Lethbridge, Alberta

78 months ago

In B.C. you can earn around 40-45 per hour. (I had a friend move to Vancouver last year and she is making 45per hour with no medical benefits). In alberta you will earn about 40-65 per hour. Alberta is cheaper to live than B.C. I live in Alberta and make 50 per hour and have full medical benefits. I do not live in Calgary or Edmonton. Calgary or Edmonton dentists will pay upwards of 50-60...but rent is EXPENSIVE and you travel for an hour every morning and night from work! So working in one of the big cities does not really pay off at all. :( you are better off to get a job in a smaller centre like medicine hat, lethbridge, red deer, etc. Alberta is booming right now...5-10 years from now it wont be. So if you do wanna make quick and easy cash come to alberta. (I have lived all over canada so i have a pretty good idea).Oil is dissapearing here slowly due to levies and such and everyone is following it into saskatchewan.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (24) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

Kris in Kitchener, Ontario

78 months ago

Thanks for the info
; helped lots !

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Nada in Calgary, Alberta

77 months ago

Crystal in Lethbridge, Alberta said: Can you recommend any temp agencies in Calgary that I should call if I was interested in temping? What amount of money can I expect to earn temping? Do temp agencies pay commision or hourly wages? Thanks for your help it is greatly appreciated.

The best Temp Agency in Calgary is KDM. They are amazing to work for!! As far as I know, you get paid per hour. Salary ranges according to experience.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (14) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Stephanie in Halifax, Nova Scotia

77 months ago

Do you guys have any suggestions for new graduates? I am originally from Lethbridge and I am wanting to move back to Alberta to work in June.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Jackie in Edmonton, Alberta

77 months ago

I worked in Lethbridge a year and a bit ago. I made 47.50 per hour. I worked for a very generous dentist. I work in edmonton and I make $50 per hour. I have made $65 plus per hour working commission here in Edmonton. I worked some Saturdays for a dentist in Calgary and made $70 per hour.

Hope that helps

Do you mind me asking who the dentist was in Calgary you worked for (Saturdays), as I'm thinking of moving there. Possibly drop off a resume there. Is there any other good offices to work for in or around Calgary? Thank so much
Jackie

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Nadaoffice in Calgary, Alberta

77 months ago

mimi in Windsor, Ontario said: I will be relocating to Alberta since my husband is with rcmp and will be placed there. I would be interested in emailing you privately to ask you some detailed questions. Thanx Mimi

drop me a line any time. Nadica@mac.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Anna in Cottam, Ontario

77 months ago

Could anyone tell me what wages could be expected when working in Winnipeg or anywhere in Manitoba? Also, is Edmonton better to work in...or Calgary? Thanx!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (39) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

mimi in Burlington, Ontario

77 months ago

Nada... just wondering if you got my email? thanx

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Autumn Dark in Windsor, Ontario

76 months ago

How much do you make in Windsor, Ontario with around 10 years experience?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

mimi in Tecumseh, Ontario

76 months ago

Autumn Dark in Windsor, Ontario said: How much do you make in Windsor, Ontario with around 10 years experience?

My colleagues are telling me that the wages range anywhere between $24-$30. New grads are bringing this number down as they need jobs desperately and are willing to settle for even $18. I have 12 yrs experience at the same office and we do a lot of ortho, implants, bone grafts etc and I am at the max of pay scale. Hope this helps.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

i_caburao in regina, Saskatchewan

76 months ago

mimi in Tecumseh, Ontario said: My colleagues are telling me that the wages range anywhere between $24-$30. New grads are bringing this number down as they need jobs desperately and are willing to settle for even $18. I have 12 yrs experience at the same office and we do a lot of ortho, implants, bone grafts etc and I am at the max of pay scale. Hope this helps.

Hey Mimi,

I soon will be moving Windsor, Ontario. I was wondering if you would know of any available hygienist jobs in the area or if you know any other way to look for hygienist job postings in Windsor other than the Windsor Star. I am looking for full, part or temporary position that is available. If anyone knows of an opening I would appreciate it if you could please reply. Thanks for your consideration.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

mimi in Windsor, Ontario

76 months ago

Just out of curiousity... why are you coming to Windsor? The economic situation here is probably the worst in ontario with all the manufacturing job losses. People are losing their insurance en masse. Would love to chat with you privately. Email me tdobrich@sympatico.ca. I could give you a few names.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Audrey in Regina, Saskatchewan

76 months ago

Does anyone know what a hygienist makes in Northern Saskatchewan, such as Prince Albert? Thanks so much.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Audrey in Regina, Saskatchewan

76 months ago

Thanks. If you are able to find out that information, that would be greatly appreciated. I may be interested in temping come fall. Will your agency cover Northern SK? Hope to hear from you soon.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Marely Adly in Winnipeg, Manitoba

76 months ago

hi
how much does a dentist or a doctor take per hour in manitoba

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (15) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

Cecil in Glen Burnie, Maryland

76 months ago

Sandy, do you know what hygienist who are self employed charging. Not through an agency but on their own.

Cecil

Cecil in Woodland, California

76 months ago

Hi again Sandy,
I was wondering why did you go from 65+/hr on commission to 50 an hour. How is the work that one must do to earn 65ish.

I'm moving to Edmonton this summer.

Cecil

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

shelly in Calgary, Alberta

75 months ago

Nada in Calgary, Alberta said: The best Temp Agency in Calgary is KDM. They are amazing to work for!! As far as I know, you get paid per hour. Salary ranges according to experience.

KDM is the best agency to temp for. Right now you can temp for $58-$60 per hour in Calgary. There is no difference in pay according to experience. Patients do not get a discount on their hygiene appointment if their hygienist is less experienced. They pay the same for a unit of scaling whether their hygienist has 10 years experience or 1.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

nikki in Calgary, Alberta

75 months ago

i was just wondering what about dental assistants. are they the same as hygenists and in BC how much would they get paid aprox. i heard 40 or something, just curious. thx.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

ok in Vancouver, British Columbia

75 months ago

dental assistants make anywhere from $12-20 in BC..i don't know where you are getting that $40 figure from..taht only hygienists

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Patricia in Calgary, Alberta

75 months ago

Hello,
I am applying to a hygiene program in Texas and am wondering if anyone can share their stories with me about coming to work in Alberta with a non canadian education. I am interested to know if it was a smooth process or not so! Please email me at cieplak.patricia@gmail.com
Thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Autumn Dark in Windsor, Ontario

74 months ago

mimi in Tecumseh, Ontario said: My colleagues are telling me that the wages range anywhere between $24-$30. New grads are bringing this number down as they need jobs desperately and are willing to settle for even $18. I have 12 yrs experience at the same office and we do a lot of ortho, implants, bone grafts etc and I am at the max of pay scale. Hope this helps.

yes, thanks a lot

Michelle in Calgary, Alberta

74 months ago

Personally, I am concerned about the number of jobs that will soon be available to dental hygienists in Calgary. There are so many private schools opening up in Ontario and dental assistants that are taking the scaling module in Calgary that the job market WILL narrow. I have worked for SAIT helping the girls taking the module and these classes are full months in advance. I am all for equality among dental personnel but I hope dentists stay honest. I have been in Calgary for only three years and in the past summers the average job numbers in the city have usually been 12-17. Now as I write this there are two. I temp full time for KDM and they could not guarantee me full time hours last winter. I would hate to see dentists manipulate the industry to line their own pockets. I do not want to be forced to work for a bad dentist because there are no jobs.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

ok in Vancouver, British Columbia

74 months ago

Shobey in Brampton, Ontario said: I live in Toronto, Ontario and I am very unhappy to say that the jobs outlook here is horrible! There are way to many private hygiene schools pushing out hundreds of new grads every few months so it is very competitive right now. I am thinking about moving away from ontario, perhaps B.C or Alberta. I have 2 questions, what is the difference in hourly wages for both provinces and which is cheaper to live in, Alberta or B.C? I have heard that in calgary you can get as much as 70$ an hour but the cost of living is sooo high. At this point, I am so frustrated I am ready to pack my bags and leave!

if you're from toronto..living in calgary would be cheap.

living in BC would more likely to be expensive..espeically if you live in Vancouver

greg in Edmonton, Alberta

74 months ago

Hope that helps

hi sandy you dont know me but I live in edmonton and one of my friends who lives in asia is a dentist there and is researching how she can find a hygienist job in alberta. do you have any idea if that's even possible? she's basically wanting to find an office that would be willing to process a work visa for her. does alberta have a shortage of hygienists or not really? any idea how she can do this? email me if you can gregorydewolfe@gmail.com

Sidney in Calgary, Alberta

74 months ago

Greg,
Even if she is a dentist in Asia, she will have to become a qualified dental hygienist by going to school in Canada. There are quite a few foreign dentists who cannot work in Canada and want to practice and dental hygiene is the obvious next step. She will not be able to get a work visa and get licenced in Alberta unless she goes to school in Canada. Regulations are very tight and the dental hygiene association is very strict in their pre-requisites for licensure. Best wishes to your friend in Asia.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

ALVINA in Toronto, Ontario

74 months ago

I am planning to move to Winnipeg and i was wondering if anyone knows that the hourly average wage for dental hygienist.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Avril2048 in Winnipeg, Manitoba

73 months ago

I am planning on moving to Calgary or near Calgary in November/December. Does anyone know the best place (ie. a website) to find jobs? I am planing on joining a temp agency for now, but if I do find a job that would be better! Please email me at avril.maister@gmail.com. Thanx! Avril

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

jacky in British Columbia

73 months ago

After 10 years as a dental assistant I am starting school in the fall for hygiene. I am a little concerned with all the talk of dropping hygiene wages. The school I am attending is public, so for both years the tuition is about $7000. I was on NAIT's website last night and I saw the scaling module is $9900 and only 12 people per intake (3 months independent study and 6 weeks @ NAIT). Maybe I am just trying to be optimistic because I am a student but it seem to me due to the cost of NAIT or the cost of a private school like the one in vancouver ($40,000) there is no reason for concern. Also, the price of scaling is not going down so how could the dentists justify paying hygienists any less. I am from alberta and I looked into the scaling module before starting my prereq's for hygiene. I spoke with the dentist I had worked with for many years, he said the general consensus among Dentists is that CDA wages would not increase much (maybe $1 -$2/hr) with the module. Being able to do limited scaling does not compare to 2 years of intensive periodontal training and in most cases the ability to administer LA.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

73 months ago

Yes, the price of scaling is not going down in Alberta. Therefore the wages of Hygienists are not going down either. I work in Calgary and earn $60.00 per hour. You will find a dentist that payes you that if you are firm on what you expect to earn. You can temp out for that rate regardles of your experience (although the temp agencies will try to convince you otherwise) Remember the temp agencies are a business as well. They will try to convince you to work for less so that they have a supply of "less expensive" hygienists. Even though assistants can take a scaling module, I have not seen a single hygienist lose their job to an assistant. You are absolutley right, limited scaling does not compare to 2 years of intensive perio training. If a denists is going to bill you out at $55 + dollars for a unit of scaling, you are worth at least $60.00 per hour. You need to be taking home your peice of the pie.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Krista in Winnipeg, Manitoba

73 months ago

I am very interested in going to school to become a dental hygenist. I will be starting at the University this fall and by next year hopefully accepted into the DH faculty. If anyone has any advice I would greatly appreciate it.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

ligia in Palm Bay, Florida

73 months ago

Hi everyone, I will be graduating in december for the dental asistin program in Florida. then, I'm planning togo back to canada to BC, where I lived before, has anyone tell me how much would they pay? Thank you!

jacky in British Columbia

73 months ago

Absolutely, a new grad dentist at my office is trying to tell me to expect $35 per hr by the time I graduate, in 2 years. The current hygienists at my office are making $60+ on commission. I am afraid the only thing I will expect is not working for him.

Barb in Calgary, Alberta

73 months ago

Hi I moved from NB 9 years ago and have been practicing dental hygiene in Calgary . The wage here is anywhere from 48 to 58. I have been practicing for 16 years and work in a great office. Some offices here may pay top dollar(60) but you are under alot of pressure to produce.I make 55 per hour.The temp rate can be 50 to 60, but temp jobs are becoming fewer as the new grads from Ont. are pumped out quickly and are flooding the market.That being said you can still find work here, as there are on average 7 jobs posted in the paper daily. People are always moving around an Calgary is very transient.
Barb

73 months ago

I am a dental hygienist in Calgary. I make $60.00 per hour and am under no pressure to produce. I get a paid half hour lunch everyday, uniform allowance and benefits. I have 5 years experience. Its up to you to command how much you are paid and how you are treated, regardless of experience. Be very firm and stand your ground...otherwise you will just get pushed around.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Brooke in Calgary, Alberta

73 months ago

I recently learned about the dental hygienists' being able to open their own practice in Alberta. I am a hygienist in the states but will be returning to Calgary in about a year after my husband's completes school. Does anyone know how having private dental hygiene clinics has affected the job market? Are there many out there and what is the pay for them? Thanks.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

silvia in Montreal, Quebec

73 months ago

hello there!
does anybody know some placement agencies in Toronto, Hull - Gatineau, Ottawa for dental hygienist and dental assistant? also any info regarding the hourly pay for these positions in these areas would be helpful.
thanks!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Melanie in Calgary, Alberta

73 months ago

Brooke in Calgary, Alberta said: I recently learned about the dental hygienists' being able to open their own practice in Alberta. I am a hygienist in the states but will be returning to Calgary in about a year after my husband's completes school. Does anyone know how having private dental hygiene clinics has affected the job market? Are there many out there and what is the pay for them? Thanks.

Hi Brooke
We have opened calgary's first dental hygiene clinic and would be happy to have you stop by or contact us with any questions you may have. Our website is www.edgehygiene.com.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Ashley in Maryfield, Saskatchewan

73 months ago

Hi everyone. I just got into a dental hygiene program and I can not decide if I should go back to university or go into hygiene. I was hoping to get a response from a hygienist about if they really like their job and how much a hygienist gets paid in saskatchewan.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Devona in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan

73 months ago

Hi. I have been a hygienist for 5 yrs and was a dental assistant before that. I love my career and there are many options for hygienists especially with the changing dimensions of our jobs with public health and the ability to open a practice in some provinces. Hygiene is about people and you have to enjoy caring and helping others and enjoy educating if these things appeal to you then go for hygiene otherwise see what else is out there. Hope this is helpful feel free to contact me at devosaul@hotmail.com if you have any other questions.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No Reply - Report abuse

Carol in Calgary, Alberta

73 months ago

I am a self- employed hygienist currently working in Calgary and I make a commission of 35% from everything I bill including recall/perio exams, scaling, polish and fluoride. Very few patients cancel or no-show. I make a very good living and work for a very generous dentist. Currently, I am the only hygienist working at my office and I have a lot of perio patients. My days are long - 10 hours - and I work Mon to Fri. (I have no kids) I have a lot of responsibility to my patients and I enjoy the challenge. I have grown tremendously working at my practice. I have also worked for periodontists in Calgary and I think its important to be challenged because hygiene can be a tediuos job if you let it. Look for challenge and you will always be rewarded for hard work. Happiness in the occupation of dental hygiene is in the eye of the beholder.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Josie in Hamilton, Ontario

73 months ago

Hello, Do you get paid more if you have university behind you (ex. bachelor of science) then opposed to just going straight to hygienist school after high school. If anyone could let me know that would be great.

Julie in Calgary, Alberta

72 months ago

Josie in Hamilton, Ontario said: Hello, Do you get paid more if you have university behind you (ex. bachelor of science) then opposed to just going straight to hygienist school after high school. If anyone could let me know that would be great.

Your choice of schools or degree/diploma does not factor into wage or the quality of jobs you can get. Dentists do not care as long as you can scale to your hearts content and make them a lot of money!!! Go for it girl!! If you are in Ontario you can get into a private school and in 18 months be out making $60.00/hr in Calgary.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (19) Reply - Report abuse

jacky in Alberta

72 months ago

You should take into consideration that private schools are very expensive $35,000 to $40,000 for tuition alone. A $60 per hour job is not the average wage and living in Calgary is very expensive. Think about if you really want to do hygiene. I am not trying to discourage you but if you hate coming to work everyday it would not be worth it. I got a degree first because I enjoyed the education and then I decided what I wanted as a job. Do not make your decision based on wages alone, many of my friends did now some are back in school and some hate going to work everyday. However, if you are a patient people person you should go for it there is a lot of job satisfaction for the right person.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Andrea in Calgary, Alberta

72 months ago

The fact remains that a university degree is just as expensive and there is no difference in wage between degree/diploma. Also, if a hygienist is not making at least $60/hr then she is getting hosed. The dentist bills per unit of scale not per unit of skill and every dollar the hygienist is not making, the dentist takes home.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Shakira in Calgary, Alberta

72 months ago

Hello
Can anyone tell what the wage is like in Vancouver for dental assistants and dental hygienist.

thanx!

d in Toronto, Ontario

72 months ago

jacky in Alberta said: You should take into consideration that private schools are very expensive $35,000 to $40,000 for tuition alone. A $60 per hour job is not the average wage and living in Calgary is very expensive. Think about if you really want to do hygiene. I am not trying to discourage you but if you hate coming to work everyday it would not be worth it. I got a degree first because I enjoyed the education and then I decided what I wanted as a job. Do not make your decision based on wages alone, many of my friends did now some are back in school and some hate going to work everyday. However, if you are a patient people person you should go for it there is a lot of job satisfaction for the right person.

I agree with this statement.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

Page:   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.