NERB Computer Exam

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (21)

e kazi in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

70 months ago

Can anyone tell me what subjects are covered on the NERB dental hygiene computerized exam? Do you have any study tips? I don't want to study the entire Mosby reveiw book. Any advise would be greatly appreciated.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (94) / No (17) Reply - Report abuse

exp in Massachusetts

70 months ago

e kazi in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania said: Can anyone tell me what subjects are covered on the NERB dental hygiene computerized exam? Do you have any study tips? I don't want to study the entire Mosby reveiw book. Any advise would be greatly appreciated.

Do they have a review at the school you went to??? Try to obtain old NERB tests from former grad's (that's what they use to let us do, since its different year to year); also ask instructors at school, what they feel will be on the NERB this year....If you can get recent, past NERB exams...ONLY look at the correct answer...I know when I took them it helped to have FOCUS on only the correct answer! Good Luck!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No Reply - Report abuse

70 months ago

when did you graduate because it's all on computer now. They're no paper exams, but if you know where I can get old tests, please let me know.

Thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

hyg sucks in Richmond, Virginia

70 months ago

When I took it like 10yrs ago it was on computer. Mine had alot of xrays. Almost like case studies on the National but easier. I didn't even study for it but I did alot of studying for my National.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

70 months ago

Thanks for your comment.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Suzanne in Terre Haute, Indiana

70 months ago

I am old. Mine was all paper in 1995. I'd ask any instructors. They are usually willing to help anyone obtain their license.

exp in Massachusetts

70 months ago

e kazi in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania said: when did you graduate because it's all on computer now. They're no paper exams, but if you know where I can get old tests, please let me know.

Thanks

I graduated like Suzanne, back when it was on paper. As she mentioned speak with your instructors...and they may give you insight as to what they feel will be on the tests...maybe over the past 2-3 yrs....? The instructors may know how to find the questions and answers "online" as to recent past tests too...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Tina in South Lyon, Michigan

70 months ago

I would look up the Paula Tomko RDH review class it is a 2 or 3 day review and go to the class it includes a review book. It was cheaper than other reviews and helped me pass my boards. ( ALL subjects were covered ).

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

lawmom09@yahoo.com in Plainsboro, New Jersey

69 months ago

e kazi in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania said: when did you graduate because it's all on computer now. They're no paper exams, but if you know where I can get old tests, please let me know.

Thanks

for local anesthesia

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

jane in Morgantown, West Virginia

65 months ago

I used this got a 98

www.andyfuturerdh.com/store/product_info.php?products_id=490

It's a slideshow that reviews concepts tested on the computerized part of the nerb. It's 35 dollars but well worth the money! Good Luck

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (19) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Mina in Wilmington, Delaware

60 months ago

jane in Morgantown, West Virginia said: I used this got a 98

www.andyfuturerdh.com/store/product_info.php?products_id=490

It's a slideshow that reviews concepts tested on the computerized part of the nerb. It's 35 dollars but well worth the money! Good Luck

Hello Jane,
Is this all you studied? was the question to this similar or exact?

how long did you study for the NERB computer exam?

thanks

Mina

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Kate H. in Palm Beach Gardens, Florida

59 months ago

e kazi in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania said: Can anyone tell me what subjects are covered on the NERB dental hygiene computerized exam? Do you have any study tips? I don't want to study the entire Mosby reveiw book. Any advise would be greatly appreciated.

I just studied the subject matters they gave in the candidate's guide in the same books I used to study for the National Board (Kaplan's, Saunders). It really is just like a mini version of the Nationals. I passed just fine. Good luck to you!

Denise in Baltimore, Maryland

58 months ago

Does any one have any experience with the anesthesia portin of the exam?

Denise in Baltimore, Maryland

58 months ago

Does anyone have any helpful information on just the anesthesia part of of the exam?

exp in Epping, New Hampshire

58 months ago

Denise in Baltimore, Maryland said: Does anyone have any helpful information on just the anesthesia part of of the exam?

Review all your course notes and Malamed, also make sure you know how to do calculations...I also hear that they change the test periodically,I guess there is alot more cheating than when I went to school for any licensing exams....so, even if you know someone who recently took the LA test, the questions could already be changed, but I know for sure, everyone always says know calc's! and slight differences....silly to nit pick but it sometimes makes more money for them if people have to re-test...just like national and reg's...GL. P.S. See if a ie- Barnes and Noble or check google, for any type of review books....also, ask instructors from the course you took as to other reference books....

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

avidflosser in Boston, Massachusetts

58 months ago

Denise in Baltimore, Maryland said: Does anyone have any helpful information on just the anesthesia part of of the exam?

Maladmed book gives pictures/etc for just anesthesia administration.

exp in Epping, New Hampshire

58 months ago

avidflosser in Boston, Massachusetts said: Maladmed book gives pictures/etc for just anesthesia administration.

Google ?'s about injections, etc...also, Malamed, does give alot of the info needed for study; look at and review your own notes...speak with instructors too...all this will help in some way...GL

brokenskeet in Key Largo, Florida

54 months ago

Im a licensed rdh in florida. Im trying to move to nevada. Im taking the nerb exam to get licensed. Im not worried about clinicals because I scale every day...however, I am worried about the computer based test. I took nationals over 5 years ago and dont remember much.... any clues on what to study for. If someone could narrow it down for me I would greatly appreciate it!!! please help!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

brokenskeet in Key West, Florida

54 months ago

Did You ever take The NERBS test??? any Suggestions??

exp in Newmarket, New Hampshire

53 months ago

brokenskeet in Key Largo, Florida said: Im a licensed rdh in florida. Im trying to move to nevada. Im taking the nerb exam to get licensed. Im not worried about clinicals because I scale every day...however, I am worried about the computer based test. I took nationals over 5 years ago and dont remember much.... any clues on what to study for. If someone could narrow it down for me I would greatly appreciate it!!! please help!!!

Hi, Have you contacted the Board of Dentistry in that state? or maybe a Dental Hygiene school or the dept. for RDH's at the Board in that state? They may be able to give you information as to study materials, books, online review materials....google? It's a start....GL on finding the info. you need!

lafrfi in inwood, West Virginia

23 months ago

I'm about to take Local Anesthesia Nerb and was wondering what study tips anyone had to share. Any n all advice wld be greatly appreciated ESP any study guide questions. I will post questions/answers to what I take n remember from test coming up.as well. My email is lafrfi@AOL.com. Thanks!!

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.