NERB Local Anesthesia Exam

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (251 to 300 of 629)
Page:  « First « Previous   3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next »   Last »

dentalchick6 in Old Bridge, New Jersey

17 months ago

lisabell@visuallink.com in Berryville, Virginia said: dentalchick6: The study guide was great, email me and I will forward it to you. Best of luck, Lisa

Thanks Lisa! I did email you but ill try again.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

dentalchick6 in Old Bridge, New Jersey

17 months ago

jb in Granger, Indiana said: Glad to see a new post. Am taking the LA exam March 1st, and would appreciate the study guide for review this week. I sent you an email Lisa, please check. Thank you.

Good Luck to you! My retake date is April 27th.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

kimberly kay in baltimore, Maryland

17 months ago

Hello everyone. I am taking the LA course next month in Baltimore & have already been doing the homework given to us. Does anybody have the study guide from the LA exam that they could email to me please to start to study from? Have been practicing for about 13 years now & a little nervous about this course. Would be great to have to have a study guide to start prepping from for exam? Thanks so much:)

Dee in Northeast Ohio in Uniontown, Ohio

17 months ago

I just took the test. Every question I had was in the study guide or updates from test takers found on previous pages of this forum. I don't think there have been any changes yet. I only grappled with one question: What treatment would you recommend for a patient with trismus? I narrowed it down to c) heat and jaw exercises or d) aspirin for inflammation and discomfort. All three of those are recommended and I couldn't choose both. Ugh! Initially I chose aspirin, but then changed it to heat and jaw exercises. I checked Malamed and I still don't know which answer was the "MOST" correct. Either way, I aced this exam thanks to the amazing memories of the hygienists on this site. Also, don't sweat the math! I was prepared to write down every MRD fact and figure, and the amount of epi and drug found in each cartridge (1.8 and 1.7 ml) on scrap paper as soon as I sat down. I didn't need to and glad I didn't. I only picked up my pencil once and that was just to visually check what I could do in my head. The question was "if a patient receives 3 1.7 ml cartridges of 3% mepivicaine, how much drug did she receive?" 3% equals 51 mg x 3. The answer is 153 mg. Easy peasy!
I used Quizlet (type local anesthesia or NERB local anesthesia in website search) too, but the best resource was this website, by far!
Happy Testing!

Dee

17 months ago

Lisa, I am going to send you an email if you do not mind forwarding me the study guide for the LA course. I would so greatly appreciate it. Thanks so much!!!

17 months ago

Lisa, I am going to email you if you do not mind please forwarding me the study guide for the LA course. Thank you so much, greatly appreciated!!

Suzyzee in Carmel, Indiana

17 months ago

[QUOTE One question threw me off! It asked what type of injection is local anesthesia 3 of the choices: subcutaneous, intramuscular, intravenous and i don't remember the 4th. I'm pretty sure the answer is subcutaneous but not sure! Another question was worded very weird, it asked if you were going to anesthetize the maxillary incisors where would you inject: papilla, mucobuccal fold, palatine raphe, and don't remember the 4th. During 2 of the calculations, even though it said the carpule was 1.8, I had to do math using 1.7 bc the answers matched up with that and not 1.8. Another question asked if you were going to scale the maxillary 2nd molar and already performed PSA, what other injection would you give: i put greater palatine only and other options were greater palatine and msa only. Least preferable way to recap needle: using a 2 hand method. Study guide very helpful!.
I can confirm answers as received 100% and these were on my test in sept.
1.).What type of injection is local anesthetic? Subcutaneous,intramuscular,intravenous,submucosal answer: subcutaneous
2.).If asked scale #8 where inject? (it didn’t state F or lingual if I recall) –papilla,mucobuccal fold,mucogingival junction,palantine raphe answer: mucobuccal fold (despite not stating height of mucofold)
3.)Management of trismus? answer: Heat and excersices
4.)the question regarding the 2nd molar and PSA. I recall it something like this :Just gave a PSA innervates the 2nd and first molar, and would still need anesthesia or something like that...but I put obvious answer MB root first molar -but them listing the linguals threw me.It was confusing, but the obvious thing that stood out is them listing is: answer: MB first molar root.

17 months ago

I immediately made notes and highlited the study guide after I did the prometric LA test:
These points I found -not exact questions but the general idea of what to know that concept I recall:
1.)Beta blockers decrease blood pressure
2.)Why is the significance of giving an amide anesthetic to a patient with cirrhosis? Due to amide anesthetics being metabolized by the liver.
3.)Myelinated nerve question - impulses travel faster than unmyelinated
4.)What is a poss cause of pain upon removal of the needle? Needle barb
5.)needle gauge and which lumen is smallest? Smaller number, larger the lumen
6.)What sensation is lost first - pain (skeletal last and recovers in reverse order)
7.)What function sodium chloride provides in LA solutions? Makes the solution isotonic
8.) sodium bisulfite question -. antioxidant preventing biodegration of LA (if see sodium hydrochloride-it is buffer for pH)
9.) action of vasodepressors - they increase duration of LA
10.)What injection numb lower lip -IANB
11.)What cause if patient had lesion lower lip next day - bit lip
12.)Why infiltration works better in maxilla than mandible - mandible more dense
13.)Where is epi naturally found in body ? Which system -adrenal gland, endocrine
14.)Which anesthetic is not an amide? Procaine (all amides have an "i" in prefix)
15.)If patient has liver disease (cirrhosis), you would use caution with an amide because: it is metab in liver
16.)What is anesthetic suggested deposit rate? 1ml/min
This should help! I also have study guide if need it too

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No Reply - Report abuse

17 months ago

kimberly kay in baltimore, Maryland said: Hello everyone. I am taking the LA course next month in Baltimore & have already been doing the homework given to us. Does anybody have the study guide from the LA exam that they could email to me please to start to study from? Have been practicing for about 13 years now & a little nervous about this course. Would be great to have to have a study guide to start prepping from for exam? Thanks so much:)

Just a word of encouragement: I was a practicing hygiensit for 27 years and took course last may-july on Saturdays (yes I wanted my summer back.I was quite nervous and studied a lot. I found the study guide awesome. I passed the practice injections on eachother, and 100% on test which I signed up for even before clas finished, and took a week after last class session. I have some class notes I made, and even ordered another text from Amazon.It was written much easier,better diagrams and every chapter had study questions.Well worth the money and keeping it for reference."Local Anesthesia for the Dental Hygienist", 1e [Paperback] Demetra D. Logothetis RDH. I found the class required text by Mahlmed text "dry."
Good Luck -here to answer any questions

17 months ago

kimberly kay in baltimore, Maryland said: Let me know if you got study gouide. Also --you didn't happen to be at Baltimore Paragon Hyg seminar in Nov were you? ibrushem@sbcglobal.net /QUOTE]

Mary Julia in Baltimore, Maryland

17 months ago

Hi all.....I was wondering if anyone had the study guide that they could send me the study guide. I am planning on taking the test in the next few months.

jb in Granger, Indiana

17 months ago

I took the LA test yesterday. Just use the posted study guides, and understand the questions, don't just memorize answers. It was extremely helpful.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

PJ1 in Waynesville, Ohio

16 months ago

After 29 years as an RDH, eight of them EFDA, it's time to move forward. My friend & co-worker and I take the LA Prometric on Monday morning. I just want to thank you all so much for all of the tips! I feel we are going to be well-prepared! We appreciate all you have done!!

DINA in Indianapolis, Indiana

16 months ago

No changes in questions so far.

Trisha in San Bernardino, California

16 months ago

Suzyzee in Carmel, Indiana said: I immediately made notes and highlited the study guide after I did the prometric LA test:
These points I found -not exact questions but the general idea of what to know that concept I recall:
2.)Why is the significance of giving an amide anesthetic to a patient with cirrhosis? Due to amide anesthetics being metabolized by the liver.
6.)What sensation is lost first - pain (skeletal last and recovers in reverse order)
7.)What function sodium chloride provides in LA solutions? Makes the solution isotonic
8.) sodium bisulfite question -. antioxidant preventing biodegration of LA (if see sodium hydrochloride-it is buffer for pH)
12.)Why infiltration works better in maxilla than mandible - mandible more dense
13.)Where is epi naturally found in body ? Which system -adrenal gland, endocrine
14.)Which anesthetic is not an amide? Procaine (all amides have an "i" in prefix)
15.)If patient has liver disease (cirrhosis), you would use caution with an amide because: it is metab in liver

Hi Suzyzee! Congratulations! I will love to have the study guide, (smiles4patty@hotmail.com), Thanks for your help!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

mina carey in Nashua, New Hampshire

16 months ago

Hi need help taking the nreb LA tomor .if anyone has the study guide to email it to me please minacarey2@hotmail.com
thank you
mina

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Jodyhollis1212@yahoo.com in Fishers, Indiana

16 months ago

I am getting ready to take L A nerb here in Indiana, tomorrow and I was wondering if someone could send me a study guide to my email jodyhollis1212@yahoo.com. I have been going over all the questions posted and that has helped a lot. Does the study guide really help??

DINA in Indianapolis, Indiana

16 months ago

questions that you have here are the ones that you really need!! good luck.

MMWruk in Derby, Kansas

16 months ago

Trisha in San Bernardino, California said: Hi Suzyzee! Congratulations! I will love to have the study guide, (smiles4patty@hotmail.com), Thanks for your help!

I am taking WREB LA exam in a few weeks and would appreciate a copy of the study guide you are discussing on this forum. mmewruk@gmail.com

I hope it helps!!

MMWruk in Derby, Kansas

16 months ago

Question about LA to use and to avoid for pt with Sulfa allergy...Information I have found indicates not to use Articaine. Would this also include generics Septocaine & Septanest? I have a Basset text but cannot find a clear answer. What does Malamed's text say? What LA is recommended for pt with sulfa allergy?

MMWruk in Derby, Kansas

16 months ago

Part of my confusion on the Articaine question is that I found articles in Dimensions of DH that say Articaine is safe for surfa allergy patients...I know WREB LA exam uses Basset and Malamed for questions and answers so it only matters what the text book says to score correct on WREB. Imagine NERB is the same.

Trisha in Elkhart, Indiana

16 months ago

I am taking my LA board exam this Friday...would anyone be kind enough to please send me the study guide? I would really appreciate it! My email is TrishaThrash@gmail.com Thanks so much anyone that is willing to send it my way :0)

amyfitz in Columbus, Indiana

16 months ago

Patti411 in Massachusetts said: I have put together a comprehensive 100 question study guide that includes every question and answer that I have found for the LA NERB exam. It includes all the questions listed here with the answers plus about 25 more questions that I have found. I have vetted it and can assure every answer in my study guide is correct. Email me at pattiwilson411@ yahoo . com.
I took the exam yesterday and I can gaurantee my study guide includes every question.

BTW: The exam is being changed on January 1st 2013. All I know is that new questions were just approved by the Nerb.

Hi Patti! I've sent you an email requesting your study guide. Thank you so much for putting it together and sharing it.

Holly in Dublin, Ohio

16 months ago

amyfitz in Columbus, Indiana said: Hi Patti! I've sent you an email requesting your study guide. Thank you so much for putting it together and sharing it.

Hello Patti, I would also love to have your study guide! Thanks so much for sharing! I am sending you an email.

Trisha, California in San Bernardino, California

16 months ago

Holly in Dublin, Ohio said: Hello Patti, I would also love to have your study guide! Thanks so much for sharing! I am sending you an email.

Hi Patti, Thanks a lot for sharing, my Email is on the way!!

kthiel in Commerce Township, Michigan

16 months ago

Suzyzee in Carmel, Indiana said: I immediately made notes and highlited the study guide after I did the prometric LA test:

Hi Suzyzee..could you please send me copy of your study guide. very helpful posts. thanks kthiel2@yahoo.com

16 months ago

kthiel in Commerce Township, Michigan said: Hi Suzyzee..could you please send me copy of your study guide. very helpful posts. thanks kthiel2@yahoo.com
On its way (I was out of town last week so hopefully everyone got study guides from someone) Good Luck. Suzy

Slava in Ashland, Massachusetts

16 months ago

dentalchick6 in Old Bridge, New Jersey said: Thanks Lisa! I did email you but ill try again.

Can someone please email me a study giuide? Thank you so much!
ssimankov@yahoo.com

16 months ago

I would greatly appreciate a copy of a study guide
Thank you!
ssimankov@yahoo.com

16 months ago

Suzyzee in Carmel, Indiana said: On its way (I was out of town last week so hopefully everyone got study guides from someone) Good Luck. Suzy

Could you please email me a copy of study guide?
ssimankov@yahoo.com
Thanks!

16 months ago

I was wondering if someone is in similar case than mine: I did pass the NDHEB, I am DDS from another country, so Im going to relocate to Florida, is sooo confusing what to do next, I have been hours in the internet, and phone calls, NERB says call florida, florida says call nerb, do I need to take LA exam? In some webs says ADEX is acepted in Florida, so I can do The clinical exam anywhere? Anyone? thanks.

16 months ago

Slava, I'll forward you the study guide from Suzysee, good luck!

ashmack in Salt Lake City, Utah

16 months ago

can someone please fwd me the study guide as well?

ashstuart@gmail.com

Anne in Severna Park, Maryland

16 months ago

Suzyzee, or anyone that has it, could you please send me the study guide. Thanks so much!

aclayt2000@gmail.com

Veronica in Chevy Chase, Maryland

16 months ago

Hi Suzyee, I am planning on taking the LA exam in the next few days and was wondering if you could send me the study guide, or if there is anyone else who could help me obtain the study guide it would be greatly appreciated. Thank you so much for all the help everyone this forum is great!!

Veronica in Chevy Chase, Maryland

16 months ago

I forgot to leave my email. It is veronicaw1986@gmail.com thanks again

Pat in Severn, Maryland

16 months ago

kimberly kay in baltimore, Maryland said: Hello everyone. I am taking the LA course next month in Baltimore & have already been doing the homework given to us. Does anybody have the study guide from the LA exam that they could email to me please to start to study from? Have been practicing for about 13 years now & a little nervous about this course. Would be great to have to have a study guide to start prepping from for exam? Thanks so much:)

Hello Kimberly
May ask you a couple of questions, I am a new licensed Hygienist. And I would love to learn from your experience.
At school many things were not mentioned and trying to get this things at work interview is sooo difficult for me.
I wonder if you can help me giving me some advises and tips please.
I will really appreciate your help, my email address is xyzpatty@yahoo.com
God bless you
Patricia

15 months ago

amyfitz in Columbus, Indiana said: Hi Patti! I've sent you an email requesting your study guide. Thank you so much for putting it together and sharing it.

Hi patti. I just sent you an email for a copy of the study guide too. Thanks:)

Unknown in Bel Air, Maryland

15 months ago

can someone email me the study guide? afertig1023@yahoo.com It would be a huge help! I take my exam next Thurs!

Thank you!

Kim in Indianapolis, Indiana

15 months ago

know the affects of L.A. on the incisive nerve!

Danmicsha3 in Vincentown, New Jersey

15 months ago

Need study guide for LA test. Thank you so much!
cm405@comcast.net

Baseballmom in Trenton, New Jersey

15 months ago

Hi- I signed up to take the LA course at Manor College in PA next month. I haven't tested for anything since hygiene school 20 years ago! Did someone say there is a study guide? The book for the course is by Bassett, Dimarco and Naughton. Help!!

Baseballmom in Trenton, New Jersey

15 months ago

Study guide needed- gatermom69@verizon.net

15 months ago

lisabell@visuallink.com in Berryville, Virginia said: dentalchick6: The study guide was great, email me and I will forward it to you. Best of luck, Lisa

Hi could you forward the study guide to me for the LA ? Thank you so much!
Pamcm405@comcast.net

15 months ago

Danmicsha3 in Vincentown, New Jersey said: Hi could you forward the study guide to me for the LA ? Thank you so much!
Pamcm405@comcast.net

Email address

cm405@comcast.net

Deb in Sandusky, Ohio

15 months ago

Can someone PLEASE send me a study guide I take my test monday! dfrische10@gmail.com THANKS!

Vanessa in Mount Holly, New Jersey

15 months ago

Hello. Could some please email me the study guide! I'm taking my test in a few weeks! Thank you!!! Vguevara87@gmail.com

cordovad@optonline.net in Succasunna, New Jersey

15 months ago

Hi all,
I will be taking the Dental anesthesia NERBS in the next two weeks. Can someone e-mail me a study guide for the new exam questions? I would greatly appreciate it!! I will post questions post my exam to help others out too! cordovad@optonline.net
Thanks!!!!!!

Dawn Cordova in Denville, New Jersey

14 months ago

Has anyone picked up new malpractice insurance once they passed the Anesthesia NERBS? Any good suggestions of where to purchase new insurance????
Thanks,
Dawn

tuthfairy in Dundalk, Maryland

14 months ago

Hi Patty, Tried to e-mail you for your study guide, but I don't think the e-mail was correct. Can you e-mail it to me at tuthfairy29@gmail.com? Thanks!

Page:  « First « Previous   3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.