NJ Dental Hygiense License Renewal and CE Credits

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (2)

Amanda in Felton, Delaware

41 months ago

I have a NJ license and it's about to expire at the end of the year. I got my license in 2009 so if I renew do I have to complete all 20 CE credits this year. I'm asking this because in PA you don't have to complete any CE credits because I got my license in 2009. I tried looking on the NJ website, but can't seem to find any information. Are there any websites that I can find courses that are offering CE courses in NJ.

Also can 10 of the CE credits be completed in magazines and online because I know in PA you can. Thanks any answers are greatly appreciated.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

exp in Newmarket, New Hampshire

41 months ago

Call the Board of Dentistry in the state you want to work as to their requirements. Why are you asking about PA if you are in NJ and your name above is in Delaware? Usually 2-4 CEU's can be from magazines or general attendance in the 2 yr. cycle. Many states want 15 of the 20 CEU's to be clinical in nature...not just for info or fun ceu's...If you look through the sites for the 'state' you practice in again you most likely will find your answers. Each state has THEIR take on what , number of CEU's in etc....call if you have a Board number...best bet.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.