A Plus Institute

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (11)

Alisa in Toronto, Ontario

64 months ago

I have been accepted into A Plus Institute but doubting it since the program coordinator not answering one of my questions that I have e-mailed her with. I am asking her about the load of the program and my ability to do well at school while taking care of a two year old (my daughter will be going to a day care but it's the time for homework I am worried about). We all know the program is intense especially if you didn't have any previous experience.

Anyone out there with children who have attended a private college, how did you cope?

Is A Plus institute a good college? Feedback would be appreciated greatly!!! Thank you

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

exp in Exeter, New Hampshire

64 months ago

Alisa in Toronto, Ontario said: I have been accepted into A Plus Institute but doubting it since the program coordinator not answering one of my questions that I have e-mailed her with. I am asking her about the load of the program and my ability to do well at school while taking care of a two year old (my daughter will be going to a day care but it's the time for homework I am worried about). We all know the program is intense especially if you didn't have any previous experience.

Anyone out there with children who have attended a private college, how did you cope?

Is A Plus institute a good college? Feedback would be appreciated greatly!!! Thank you

Alisa, Apparently, this coordinator, doesn't care...even if she is busy, she should e-mail students with info. or refer them to someone or somewhere to find their answers. DH , if you haven't been reading on here for the most part is oversaturated....go with another career choice, why? Because what the schools, etc. tell you is not what's happening NOW...too many and alot of money from you...if you read the many new and recent grad's, not sure of their fam. sit.'s but..are finding it very difficult to payback loans, live on...go with a career that will offer you retirement and benefits...these for the majority, don't happen. Sorry for this take but I feel being in the field for almost 25yrs. what I'm telling you, as are MANY others on here...it tough , not consistent, etc...Are there any other programs at A Plus that are in medical if this might be another choice of interest for you? GL...please continue to read on here, as to what threads interest you and also, maybe a few you ?. GL

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Alisa in Toronto, Ontario

64 months ago

exp in Exeter, New Hampshire said: Alisa, Apparently, this coordinator, doesn't care...even if she is busy, she should e-mail students with info. or refer them to someone or somewhere to find their answers. DH , if you haven't been reading on here for the most part is oversaturated....go with another career choice, why? Because what the schools, etc. tell you is not what's happening NOW...too many and alot of money from you...if you read the many new and recent grad's, not sure of their fam. sit.'s but..are finding it very difficult to payback loans, live on...go with a career that will offer you retirement and benefits...these for the majority, don't happen. Sorry for this take but I feel being in the field for almost 25yrs. what I'm telling you, as are MANY others on here...it tough , not consistent, etc...Are there any other programs at A Plus that are in medical if this might be another choice of interest for you? GL...please continue to read on here, as to what threads interest you and also, maybe a few you ?. GL

Thanks for your advise! The only reason I don't shy away from this profession is that in two years or so we might be moving to New Brunswick, there should be more openings there, do you know by any chance? I also have been accepted to George Brown for Pre-Health Sciences (where they do explore career options in medical field) and Dental Technology. I was considering Dental Technology too but not sure if that's a good enough pay profession. Any thoughts on Dental Technology?

I appreciate your help very much!
Alisa

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

exp in Exeter, New Hampshire

64 months ago

Alisa in Toronto, Ontario said: Thanks for your advise! The only reason I don't shy away from this profession is that in two years or so we might be moving to New Brunswick, there should be more openings there, do you know by any chance? I also have been accepted to George Brown for Pre-Health Sciences (where they do explore career options in medical field) and Dental Technology. I was considering Dental Technology too but not sure if that's a good enough pay profession. Any thoughts on Dental Technology?

I appreciate your help very much!
Alisa

Hi...not sure of what type of career this would move toward: lab? etc...if you are moving to New Brunswick, do you have any contacts there as to the employment market? Actual people in the profession? Google: Dentists in that area, check their websites and info if online....indeed, simplyhired, hotjobs...some of the sites I check regualarly for work...alot is more so word of mouth though and sad to say...too many resumes to pick from and the backstabbing and undercutting...a reality now , some are doing to get work; but again, I saw, not alot of work in our field, pay is going down and we have become labor , not treated in many, not all, but many practices as "you can be replaced" attitude and sometimes behind your back even though you are doing everything for patients...it's the all mighty dollar. In the economy I KNOW, many fields are hurting but in DH it is ridiculous and not TELLING you the reality of the market, pay and job availibility...as I said before, benefits and retirement...many of us on our own. Do you really want a future with no savings (unless you are very good at doing this) on your own. Nursing, etc....think forward to retirement and job availibility before entereing any program...because you don't want to be in the predicament many older, recent and present students are finding. GL in your research...please talk with people in the field, the schools, online art's & govt. NOTTRU

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Ar in Toronto, Ontario

38 months ago

Hello. Anybody here from APLUS - yonge and sheppard who's currently in the DH program
That I could chat with regarding the school. Please let me know your email
So we could have a lil chat. Thanks.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Itaho bamba in Calgary, Alberta

38 months ago

You give us your E.mail and phone # and we communicate with you if you are a new student or previous one
thank you

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Itaho bamba in Calgary, Alberta

38 months ago

The answer you have sent today has been deleted by accident , before I could red it . Could you please post it again if you want me to answer. Sorry and thank you

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

jin in Dublin, Ireland

36 months ago

Ar in Toronto, Ontario said: Hello. Anybody here from APLUS - yonge and sheppard who's currently in the DH program
That I could chat with regarding the school. Please let me know your email
So we could have a lil chat. Thanks.

how is the quality of the school and the tutors?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

waterbug100 in Duncan, British Columbia

36 months ago

jin...the DH job situation is very bad in Canada..anywhere in Canada. Please read all the threads on this forum..you will read many sad stories of people like you who come to Canada or people who already are Canadians, go to school, spend a small fortune on tuition and end up with no job.

We are no different than anywhere else in the Americas. The US is as bad. Far too many schools have opened up allowing too many students to graduate, thereby saturating the job market. THERE ARE NO JOBS!!

I don't know if you're planning to come here for training and to go back to Ireland to work? If you're planning to work here..you will find that you may not even work one day a week. Jobs are very scarce and sparodic. We have no benefits, no job security, no respect. We are sales people now, pushing procedures that will bring money in for the dentist.

Please re think your plan. The route you're on is a bad one!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Ash_Ss in Toronto, Ontario

1 month ago

I've been accepted admission for the Dental Hygiene program at APLUS Institute. Been reading some scary reviews on this school and I'm wondering if I should go to Toronto College of Dental Hygiene and Auxiliaries instead.

Only draw back is that TCDHA has admission a year from now while APLUS starts in 5 months.

Any students that can give me feedback please?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

lise in Calgary, Alberta

1 month ago

My advice is never go to Aplus it is true that they care only about money and also some really bizzard were going on like some students had the subjects of most exams in advance( I never new who gave them to them) and got the best marks while they make others redo at least one semester. One very mean and uncompetent and stupid called Cathy and the other one stupid Theresa .So just ovoid them and go to another college. They all do not have a heart it is just business they are not even happy in their own life and la karma will be there for them,mediocres individus
see % of success at the Exam

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.