Process of Care Exam, WREB - dental hygiene

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (51 to 73 of 73)
Page:  « Previous   1  2   

Leneisha in Montebello, California

26 months ago

I am taking my exam sun aug 5 and am DESPERATE to find someone to anesthetize my patient...i took a $4000 coures last month thinking i'd be good to anesthetize my own but wreb said no...only satisfies state requirement...IS THERE ANY WAY ANY OF YOU CAN ANESTHETIZE MY PATIENT? PLEEEEEAAAASSSEEEEE!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Leneisha in Montebello, California

26 months ago

I am desperate to find someone to anesthetize my patient. I took the california course but wreb will not accept it. WILL ANYONE PLEEEEAAASSSEEE just hop on over and anesthetize my patient aftrr u anesthetize yours?? PLEEEAASSE!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Leneisha in San Diego, California

26 months ago

Anyone taking the exam at UOP??? Looking for someone to anesthetize my patient...ANYONE!!???? Puuuurdy PLEEEAAASSEEEEE!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Helpme in Spring, Texas

26 months ago

gigimom in Reno, Nevada said: I just took the POC today. I have been freaked out by this test. I have been practicing for 25 + years. I am licensed in New Mexico, Colorado and Idaho I took central and western regionals 20 + years ago, but moved to Nevada who has no reciprocity if more than 5 years. I feel pretty good about the exam. Worried that I finished 40 minutes early. I felt that it was pretty straight forward in the questions. I will not get my results until I take my clinicals in August. Wilkins 10th edition was the biggest help brushing up on info. Still the best resource out there.

What exactly did you study from Wilkins? I have not passed this test and I am on the verge of having to take the whole WREB exam over. Please send any help this way. I take my test Aug 30, 2012

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

gigimom in Reno, Nevada

25 months ago

Helpme in Spring, Texas said: What exactly did you study from Wilkins? I have not passed this test and I am on the verge of having to take the whole WREB exam over. Please send any help this way. I take my test Aug 30, 2012

sorry just saw your post. Using wilkins 10th edition which is what they used on the test. Know chapter 10 extra/intraoral exam. the order of examination of head and neck and types of palpation. I memorized the table they list 15 steps. be familiar with chapter 14 perio case types and classifications of gingival/ periodontalvdiseases. Know your asa classifications and criteria for prognosis in chapter 21. The tables in ths chapter are helpful.
Also chapter 63 and 64 I found helpfulreviewing cardiovascular and diabetes . know blood pressures and sugar levels . they give you the tables in the test. review the tutorial 10 times online to remember where to go quickly. look up you meds . that your case study will be taking from the file they have on meds. It basically will give you the answers you need. most of the information is in the files on the test . remember to breathe , calm down and access the info. the questions are not tricky. do not overthink the answers. if not sure go with your gut instinct and move on.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (14) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

lcdrake33 in Marysville, Ohio

25 months ago

Hey everyone,

I currently am licensed in Ohio in Dental Hygiene. I am looking into moving to Washington and was told I would have to take the WREB exam. Is there a section on this exam about placing fillings? I learned briefly how to do that in my dental materials class, but certainly could not do it on a practical 2 years later! What all does the WREB entail? I can't seem to find any straight forward information. Thank you!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

tlowe90 in Tillamook, Oregon

23 months ago

lcdrake33, don't know if you ever found answers about the WREB. If you didn't, here's a little about what you need to know. The "WREB" is not one exam, but an oraganization that offers several exams. The ones that are specifically for dental hygienists are the anesthesia exam, dental hygiene exam, and restorative exam. You have to sign up for multiple exams and successfully pass all of them in the process of getting licensed in Washington. The restorative exam is HARD... if you haven't placed fillings recently and have not had much practice I would strongly suggest signing up for a course and putting in lots of hours of practice. I have not taken the test but several of my classmates did and only one passed. It is the most difficult test that WREB offers to hygienists.

Good luck! I hope all goes smoothly in the transition from Ohio to Washington.

Consuela RDH in South Bend, Indiana

19 months ago

Could someone give me some pointers on what type of patient is acceptable for the WREB Clinical Hygiene exam? I'm afraid I'm going to fail due to not having a patient who is difficult enough. I am from a state (Indiana) that primarily does NERB and apparently the WREB requires a more difficult patient than the NERB. I have been struggling to find a patient that qualifies because of this. I guess the same surfaces are needed, but the WREB requires "ledges" of calculus while the NERB only requires "clickable" calculus. If anyone who took the WREB in the past couple of years could tell me if this is the case, then I'd greatly appreciate it.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Elizabeth Nadler in Westwood, New Jersey

16 months ago

I am in desperate need of a patient for WREB in loma Linda,CA I live in Jersey right now so not sure what to do any suggestions or help? I'd appreciate it (will pay for a patient)

Annie in Garden Grove, California

14 months ago

Sara in Encino, California said: Hi i was wondering how you ended up doing on your process of care. and if you can gave me any tips, because i failed it too and i have to retake it in two weeks. hope you passed

hi Sara ! how was your second time with the POC ? I failed it and I would like to ask if you can share some tip.
thanks

Helpme in Spring, Texas

14 months ago

I never did end up passing the POC. I ended up taking another exam which didn't have a POC exam. Sorry I couldn't help.

Helpme in Spring, Texas

14 months ago

Annie in Garden Grove, California said: hi Sara ! how was your second time with the POC ? I failed it and I would like to ask if you can share some tip.
thanks

Sorry Sara...ended up taking another exam because I couldn't pass the POC

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

14 months ago

Helpme in Spring, Texas said: Sorry Sara...ended up taking another exam because I couldn't pass the POC

how is it now ? I guess you have got your RDH license by now !

14 months ago

Leneisha in San Diego, California said: Anyone taking the exam at UOP??? Looking for someone to anesthetize my patient...ANYONE!!???? Puuuurdy PLEEEAAASSEEEEE!

hi Leneisha ! how was your exam at UOP ? I will take my clinical there on August

Jenny in Indianapolis, Indiana

13 months ago

Helpme in Spring, Texas said: Sorry Sara...ended up taking another exam because I couldn't pass the POC

Hello, I also am struggling with the POC I have failed it three times now. Not sure what I am doing wrong. Trying to get licensed in Indiana and I just found out that they passed a law in 2011 that if you fail ANY part of an exam 3 times are more they won't let you get licensure in their state. I will have to go in front of the dental board to ask if they will consider. I graduated as a crimson scholar, passed nationals and passed the clinical portion with a 97.5%. Sooo why this one exam keeps me from licensure is such a struggle to grasp. Oh and received the Community Service Award in my DH program as well. If anyone has any advise PLEASE help!! I know I can do this...I LOVE patient care.Thanks.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

dentalhygiene713 in Kent, Washington

13 months ago

Jenny in Indianapolis, Indiana said: Hello, I also am struggling with the POC I have failed it three times now. Not sure what I am doing wrong. Trying to get licensed in Indiana and I just found out that they passed a law in 2011 that if you fail ANY part of an exam 3 times are more they won't let you get licensure in their state. I will have to go in front of the dental board to ask if they will consider. I graduated as a crimson scholar, passed nationals and passed the clinical portion with a 97.5%. Sooo why this one exam keeps me from licensure is such a struggle to grasp. Oh and received the Community Service Award in my DH program as well. If anyone has any advise PLEASE help!! I know I can do this...I LOVE patient care.Thanks.

Hi Jenny,
I feel like I am in the same boat as you. I have failed my POC exam twice and am studying to take it for a third time but don't know what to do differently. The first time I took the exam I got a 72 the second time I got a 74.12!!!! So close to passing but still didn't pass so I don't have my license!
What have you been doing to prepare for the POC?
What types of patients did you get on your exams?
And where did you see that you won't get your license if you fail an exam 3 times? I looked on the WREB website a month ago and it just said after three times failing you had to take a 90 hour course in order to take the POC again.
Any information you have would be greatly appreciated! You can email me with questions as well! My email is dentalhygiene713@gmail.com
Hope we can connect and help each other get through this!
-Candy

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

DH in Garden Grove, California

13 months ago

dentalhygiene713 in Kent, Washington said: Hi Jenny,
I feel like I am in the same boat as you. I have failed my POC exam twice and am studying to take it for a third time but don't know what to do differently. The first time I took the exam I got a 72 the second time I got a 74.12!!!! So close to passing but still didn't pass so I don't have my license!
What have you been doing to prepare for the POC?
What types of patients did you get on your exams?
And where did you see that you won't get your license if you fail an exam 3 times? I looked on the WREB website a month ago and it just said after three times failing you had to take a 90 hour course in order to take the POC again.
Any information you have would be greatly appreciated! You can email me with questions as well! My email is dentalhygiene713@gmail.com
Hope we can connect and help each other get through this!
-Candy

I have the same situation, i need to take it the 3rd time. My case was a pregnant women with diabetes.

dentalhygiene713 in Kent, Washington

13 months ago

DH in Garden Grove, California said: I have the same situation, i need to take it the 3rd time. My case was a pregnant women with diabetes.

What have you been doing to prepare for your next try? I have been reading wilkins, watching the tutorial on the wreb website, and continually looking over the wreb study packet of references for the poc. But i just feel like I don't know what else to do! Still feeling nervous about taking the test!

Frustratedbeyond! in San Antonio, Texas

11 months ago

Which exam did you end up taking? I have the same situation as you.

Frustratedbeyond! in San Antonio, Texas

11 months ago

@Helpme -which exam did you end up taking? I have the same situation as you.

calichant@hotmail.com in Fountain Valley, California

10 months ago

Regarding the POC exam, it's strictly patient base not the national exam: (1) READ, READ, READ "everything" under the POC section from the WREB guideline booklet or manuals that the agency mailed to you (which includes VALUABLE tips on the content of the exam such as the POC "REFERENCES" LIKE asa Physical classification system, Standards of Care guidelines for glycemic control, ect....), (2) REVIEW the online POC tutorial repeatedly until you remember it by heart (this is the map to to what is expected from the exam), (3) know your vital signs such as BP reading well, (4) the exam is consisted of 7 IO/EO video clips (so know your IE/EO well including lymph nodes and intra oral anatomy), (5) The rest of the exam is a patient base case just like how you have to deal with a patient in an office setting (***i focused most of my studying on case studies for example, patients with different systemic conditions such as a patient with a shunt replacement, a patient with diabetes, a patient that has high BP, ect...and it has helped me so much with the exam (IF YOU PAY ATTENTION TO THE ONLINE TUTORIAL AND THE POC GUIDELINES MAILED, YOU WILL GET AN IDEA OF WHAT THE POC EXAM IS CONSISTED OFF, example under the EXAM OVERVIEW from the WREB guidelines that was mailed, it will indicate that the exam is consisted of 5 sections...FOCUS ON THAT from the manuals and online tutorial), (6) i studied from the DARBY AND WALSH 2009 EDITION, read a lot on the systemic diseases, and focused a lot on books that are strictly case study based. PAY ATTENTION TO ALL THE REFERENCES AND INFORMATION THAT IS PROVIDED TO YOU DURING THE EXAM (for example, the drug details that that my patient takes are all under the Drug reference section of the exam :)GOOD LUCK!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No Reply - Report abuse

RDH2122 in Washington

1 month ago

hey everyone,

i recently wrote the process of care exam for WREB, passed with 85%.
And to be honest it was easy. there were 52 questions total. the first 3 questions was on EI/OE, just shows the hygienist examining certain areas. know your basic intra/extra oral anatomy. its not hard. don't over think!
the rest of the questions for me were basically on ONE patient the whole time (49 questions), some questions require more than one answer. its very helpful if u watch the tutorial video more than 5x. they let you watch tutorial before exam too and explore. the patients medical history... READ carefully and click on the YES to view more info, some questions you can find answers from medical history. critical thinking is key! they have a drug reference which i found helpful to look up side effects. most of the questions were based on the medication patient was taking.
the medical history has 2 different screens, i didnt realize until 3rd question that theres a different area to find the vitals and medications the patient is taking. be sure to look carefully.
first half of question will be based on pre-treatment and the rest are post-treatment.
you also have to make a care plan, select prognosis, caries risk. make sure your care plan goes according to what the patients needs, complaints, assessment. its all basic clinical hygiene. dont stress! i finished the exam with 45mins left.
also, once you end review for questions you cannot go back and change them, they give u a chance to review them before hitting submit.
good luck! hope this was helpful.

Anita in Vancouver, British Columbia

27 days ago

Caro in Phoenix, Arizona said: How goes the process??? I'm a Canadian hygienist, now Permanent Resident in Phoenix and preparing for all the exams. I graduated in 1991 and a lot of years have passed! I have to do all the exams again, including NBDHE and clinical WREB, I'm required to redo the Local Anesthetic and Nitrous course starting end of this month.

Hi!! I am also a Canadian hygienist who is planning to shift out to california. I am having lots of trouble trying to figure out what I need to get myself certified. I know I have to take my NDHBE. Have you been practicing hygiene since 1991? If so could you have not gotten licensing by credentials? I thought if you have 5 years of full time experience you may be able to get out of the clinical exam. I am not sure but if you could email me back and let me know how the process is going for you? If you wrote the board exam how was it? Also any information about how to get licensed would be great. I have tried to contact the dental hygiene board in california but they have not responded or gotten back to me via phone for months. It would be great if you can help me out. My email addy is anitakainth@live.ca Thanks!

Page:  « Previous   1  2   

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.