Resume help for dental hygienist

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (8)

RDH in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

37 months ago

On your resume do you actually list out what you actually do like dental cleanings, fluoride, sealants. I think it's pretty obvious the doctor knows what you do, but I don't know how my resume should look.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Anys6 in fort collins, Colorado

37 months ago

RDH in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania said: On your resume do you actually list out what you actually do like dental cleanings, fluoride, sealants. I think it's pretty obvious the doctor knows what you do, but I don't know how my resume should look.

I'd keep it short and to the point. List qualifications. Example: anesth certification, digital xray, adjunct perio tx, exp with laser therapy etc. I've heard also to omit graduation date.

Lori in Seattle, Washington

37 months ago

Anys6 in fort collins, Colorado said: I'd keep it short and to the point. List qualifications. Example: anesth certification, digital xray, adjunct perio tx, exp with laser therapy etc. I've heard also to omit graduation date.

Why would you omit the graduation date? I think it is important for the potential employer to know how many years you has been practicing. Omitting such essential info might even screen you out...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

37 months ago

Anys6 in fort collins, Colorado said: I'd keep it short and to the point. List qualifications. Example: anesth certification, digital xray, adjunct perio tx, exp with laser therapy etc. I've heard also to omit graduation date.

I think it is very important to have your graduation date listed. If you do not, it might look like you are hiding something and the resume might be screened out.

Anys6 in fort collins, Colorado

37 months ago

That's funny cause leaving the date out was to prevent assumptions. ie, "too old", "new grad" etc. I've always listed my graduation date and all my credentials on my resume. Apparently in this economy, you would want the office to focus on your qualifications to get you in the door. They would be able to know what your experience is from the past employers you've listed. Anyways, I'm updating my resume, and this was one of the recommendations given.

37 months ago

Anys6 in fort collins, Colorado said: That's funny cause leaving the date out was to prevent assumptions. ie, "too old", "new grad" etc. I've always listed my graduation date and all my credentials on my resume. Apparently in this economy, you would want the office to focus on your qualifications to get you in the door. They would be able to know what your experience is from the past employers you've listed. Anyways, I'm updating my resume, and this was one of the recommendations given.

I also heard that living your address out might help because if you live far away you might be screened out. Have you heard anything like that?

grad in Houston, Texas

37 months ago

my teacher told us to put our grad date on our resume

RDHCJ in Connecticut

29 months ago

RDH in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania said: On your resume do you actually list out what you actually do like dental cleanings, fluoride, sealants. I think it's pretty obvious the doctor knows what you do, but I don't know how my resume should look.

Put that on there. However do NOT put "dental cleanings". Use the proper terms like prophylaxis and radiographs and not xrays.

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.