Should I or should I not?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1 to 50 of 96)
Page:   1  2  Next »   Last »

Alicia St Germain in Saint Paul, Minnesota

97 months ago

All these feilds are very different. You should job shadow a nurse and hygienist to see which you enjoy more. As I am in hygiene school now, I think you should be POSITIVE that this is what you want to do before you start, because it is quite demanding.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Jenny Patel in Troy, Illinois

97 months ago

What all you have to do as dental hygienist?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

jojo in Los Angeles, California

96 months ago

GIRL
GIRL GIRL BEFORE YOU MAKE AND FAST AND DUMB DECISIONS-
BE A RESPIRATORY THERAPIST!!!!
DONT SPEND YOUR LIFE STAIRING PEOPLE IN THE MOUTH UNLESS YOUR INTO THAT
I KNOW SALARY . COM SAYS WE ONLY MAKE LIKE 60K
BULLLs***
MY FIRST YEAR I MADE 80K AND BARLEY WORKED
LISTEN LADY RESPIRATORY DISEASES ARE INCREASING AND AIR QUALITY IS GETTING POORER
AND WITH ALL THSES SOILDERS THAT ARE GUNNA COME BACK, THEY ALL ARE GUNNA HAVE SOME SORT OF REAPIRATORY PROBLEM....
DONT SELL YOURSELF SHORT GIRL
JOJO

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (17) / No (20) Reply - Report abuse

shannan in Saint Charles, Missouri

96 months ago

i am working at a factory right now and it's a o.k. job but,i want to be in the medical field i want to make more money and have a rewarding job at the end of the day .what should i do?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

Ben RDH, in Baltimore, Maryland

95 months ago

Hygiene is demanding and rarely rewarding. Unless you take a pay cut and do community work. Otherwise, you will watch a wealthy dentist push expencive treatments on the poor and you will have to be a part of that. This is not always the case, but it is usually the case. Dentists can't comprehend or afford to give treatment any other way. Patients don't want to pay for X-rays and other treatments every year, but you will be expected to coerce them into it. Keep getting advice though, i should have gotten more. AND JOJO MAKES MORE MONEY THAN ME. GO JOJO.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

Travis in Saint Petersburg, Florida

95 months ago

Kathryn in Cave Springs, Arkansas said: i am in school full time and finishing my pre reqs for alot of programs. I know for sure that i want to be in the medical field but am not sure exactly where to go. I have applied to nursing school and respiratory therapy school. I am also considering Dental hygiene. Any thoughts on it?

I think you should job shadow before you make any decisions. All three fields are great fields, but you need to enjoy what you do. I am a student in Respiratory Care, and I absolutely love it. I knew that Respiratory care is what i wanted to do, since I was in the 8th grade. I am now 28 years old and realize the time I have wasted, pursuing careers i did not like. As far as money, do your research!! Salary.com and payscale.com are good sites to get you started. I am not for sure about Dental Hygiene but Nursing and Respiratory care are both experiencing shortages of workers. I have seen posts on other sites claiming that Respiratory does not pay well, but I have seen many openings in different parts of the country offering salaries with a base of $50,000-$65,000, that is without the overtime!!

Hope this helps.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Jenny Kreh in Midland, Michigan

93 months ago

It's hard to find a job in dental hygiene! I just graduated and can't find anything! Wish I would have knew this before! Go into Respiratory Care!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (14) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

lizabeth in Buffalo, New York

93 months ago

i am also doing my prerequisites for the healthcare feilds. i am having a hard time choosing over respiratory therapist, and dental hygienist. i get a better vibe from the respiratory therapists end, but i hear that dental hygiene pays more. any suggestions, anyone who is a respiratory therapist or a dental hygienist, does dental/respiratory get free health insurance? i know thats a big factor to add in..help!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Nikki in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

93 months ago

As a respiratory student, I know that there is a very high demand for therapists in the field. As with all jobs there are certain aspects that no one likes to deal with, such as dealing with difficult patients, and people coughing up yellow junk and then happily showing it to you, but it's really not that disgusting. I would highly recommend shadowing.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Shelia in Eros, Louisiana

91 months ago

Jenny Kreh in Midland, Michigan said: It's hard to find a job in dental hygiene! I just graduated and can't find anything! Wish I would have knew this before! Go into Respiratory Care!

You are right, it is hard to find a job in dental hygiene. And nobody seems to try to help you! RDH in Louisiana

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Arykah Marie in Rockville, Maryland

91 months ago

Ben RDH, in Baltimore, Maryland said: Hygiene is demanding and rarely rewarding. Unless you take a pay cut and do community work. Otherwise, you will watch a wealthy dentist push expencive treatments on the poor and you will have to be a part of that. This is not always the case, but it is usually the case. Dentists can't comprehend or afford to give treatment any other way. Patients don't want to pay for X-rays and other treatments every year, but you will be expected to coerce them into it. Keep getting advice though, i should have gotten more. AND JOJO MAKES MORE MONEY THAN ME. GO JOJO.

I am interested in hygiene. Can you tell me more about the business ,political side of it? what make it not so great?. thanks for any advice you may have.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Bonnie

91 months ago

I agree with the suggestions to job shadow. Volunteer at a local hospital, or better yet, become a patient care technician. Observe the nurses; talk to them about patient load, scheduling, and salary. Call potential employers and find out what the starting pay is for the fields that interest you. Find out if there is a difference in pay (hourly) for a candidate with a two year degree vs a candidate with a four year degree. Scan your local newspaper (and online) for job openings. Best of luck in your search... and kudos to you for taking the "hard classes". Many people don't.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

cavitron in miami, Florida

91 months ago

Alicia St Germain in Saint Paul, Minnesota said: All these feilds are very different. You should job shadow a nurse and hygienist to see which you enjoy more. As I am in hygiene school now, I think you should be POSITIVE that this is what you want to do before you start, because it is quite demanding.

Yes, labor intensive. I'm not lying or trying to blow things out of porportion or exaggerating. I like what I do, but I want out. Try sending out 100-200 resumes and only 3 respond back. How depressing. I'm feeling the blue.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

91 months ago

Ben RDH, in Baltimore, Maryland said: Hygiene is demanding and rarely rewarding. Unless you take a pay cut and do community work. Otherwise, you will watch a wealthy dentist push expencive treatments on the poor and you will have to be a part of that. This is not always the case, but it is usually the case. Dentists can't comprehend or afford to give treatment any other way. Patients don't want to pay for X-rays and other treatments every year, but you will be expected to coerce them into it. Keep getting advice though, i should have gotten more. AND JOJO MAKES MORE MONEY THAN ME. GO JOJO.

THat is true.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

91 months ago

jojo in Los Angeles, California said: GIRL
BULLLs***
LISTEN LADY RESPIRATORY DISEASES ARE INCREASING AND AIR QUALITY IS GETTING POORER
AND WITH ALL THSES SOILDERS THAT ARE GUNNA COME BACK, THEY ALL ARE GUNNA HAVE SOME SORT OF REAPIRATORY PROBLEM....
JOJO

yes, jo jo is right. and hygienist don't make 50-60 K a year. please, i can't even get 3 day of work so how can i make 50-60 K a year. don't believe the hype.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (20) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

91 months ago

lizabeth in Buffalo, New York said: i am also doing my prerequisites for the healthcare feilds. i am having a hard time choosing over respiratory therapist, and dental hygienist. i get a better vibe from the respiratory therapists end, but i hear that dental hygiene pays more. any suggestions, anyone who is a respiratory therapist or a dental hygienist, does dental/respiratory get free health insurance? i know thats a big factor to add in..help!

DON'T GO IN HYGIENE. I DON'T GET INSURANCE OR BENEFITS. YOU ARE ON YOUR OWN BABY.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (17) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

91 months ago

Nikki in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania said: As a respiratory student, I know that there is a very high demand for therapists in the field. As with all jobs there are certain aspects that no one likes to deal with, such as dealing with difficult patients, and people coughing up yellow junk and then happily showing it to you, but it's really not that disgusting. I would highly recommend shadowing.

HOW DO YOU LIKE RESPIRATORY WORK? DOWN SIDE AND THE UP SIDE ? PLEASE, TELL IT LIKE IT IS. I CAN HANDEL IT. THANKS....

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

wendy in Yorba Linda, California

90 months ago

Hygienist in Orange County make $400+ a day. I am always getting calls for openning in my area. I love my job and the flexiblity. wendy

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

Happy in London, United Kingdom

90 months ago

Hi people, Have you heard of a dental Therapist, do u have them there in the US? I was wondering if anyone could help me with my dental hygiene/therapist interview. Is there any key answers they are looking for or anything i should mention to show my enthusiam. It sound like dental hygiene is not the way over there in the states, is this so? Here in London the pay is very good, plus therapist can do fillings and extractions. What do U.S hygienist do? Thank you for your help.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

The Frustrated in Hollywood, Florida

87 months ago

Well, here in the states you cannot do fillings or extract teeth been a Hygienist. Theres some states that let you use anesthetic. You can place sealants but that's all. So don't dream...
I'm a foreign dentist. I'm a prosthodontist, I got my Dental Hygiene license here in Florida and I have been looking for a job for more than a year now...
It is sad and ridiculous, south florida is overcrowded you also get underpaid and it is very rare to find a full time job or at list 3 days a week job.
Good luck to everybody but I'm frustrated. I'm working as a dental assistant and I also get underpaid, dentists where I work don't even know what their doing. Examples: They don't know how to etch a tooth, they use curing light on NOT photosensible materials, they don't know how to place a matrix band on tooth, don't even know to detect or diagnose interproximal enamel cavities on X-Ray, don't know how to prepare a tooth for crown and bridges, don't even use water on handpiece causing pulp necrosis etc. etc. etc. But those are the great Dentists of USA. It is a shame but that is the way it works in North America, if you don't have a paper you are nothing.

Ahhhh I feel better know I just let the pressure go out of my head a little bit.

The Frustrated

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No Reply - Report abuse

Nadia in Spokane, Washington

87 months ago

I'm a Dental Hygiene student EWU. It's a 3 year program after prerequisites but we can do everything but drill on teeth. That includes anaesthetic, fillings, deep root cleanings, etc. Our program is now pressing for more rights like being able to have our own practices.

Kaye in Jacksonville, Florida

86 months ago

Nadia in Spokane, Washington said: I'm a Dental Hygiene student EWU. It's a 3 year program after prerequisites but we can do everything but drill on teeth. That includes anaesthetic, fillings, deep root cleanings, etc. Our program is now pressing for more rights like being able to have our own practices.

They allow you to numb patients? What state? too bad Florida doesn't allow hygienist to numb patients.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Nadia in Spokane, Washington

86 months ago

Yes, we can numb clients. We're in Wa

Emily in Edmonds, Washington

86 months ago

YES!
I'm at Shoreline in Wa for DH. Our first year really focuses on Hygiene, anesthetics,PSRP. Second year then focuses on restorative/fillings. The dentist preps the tooth and then we can do the filling.
Yes, right now they're working on getting legislation passed for auxilary dental hygienist and working without the supervision of a dds like in nursing homes, health centers, etc.

By the way anesthetic is awesome!

BM in Fremont, New Hampshire

74 months ago

lizabeth in Buffalo, New York said: i am also doing my prerequisites for the healthcare feilds. i am having a hard time choosing over respiratory therapist, and dental hygienist. i get a better vibe from the respiratory therapists end, but i hear that dental hygiene pays more. any suggestions, anyone who is a respiratory therapist or a dental hygienist, does dental/respiratory get free health insurance? i know thats a big factor to add in..help!

Many Dentists don't offer benefits. If you are in a hospital setting as a Respiratory Therapist, you may receive benefits. I suggest looking into both and determine : cost, interest , where you want to be in the next 10 years out of school.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

dental wanna be in Gainesville, Florida

73 months ago

its so frustrating i cant figure out if dental hygine is right for me i think i will try shadowing but im having second thoughts do to all the negativity i find all over the internet. wish me luck

risk taker in Baton Rouge, Louisiana

72 months ago

Well, You have to be in a good area where hygienist are needed. Check your local newspaper to see if the demand for hygienist is there. My problem in my area, the demand is not high and there are no jobs so I have to live out of two homes just to work in this field. That is very expensive and I miss my family. I'm beginning to think that dental hygiene is not for me. But it may be for you. So, if it is something that you want to pursue, I say Go for it!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

lynn in San Jose, California

68 months ago

sometimes it is about the money, other times it's about the gratification that you've made a difference in someone's life. a positive impact. hygiene salary can easily pass 6 figures, depending on where you live. In the Bay,it's easy to find a job that pays well over $75 an hour. As a hygienist you sell yourself. You know the value of your own worth, and whether you work for a great dentist or not. Dentists will pay you top dollars if you're personable, knowledgeable, and compassionate. there's a career out there for everyone. follow your heart, it pays to be happy. money can't make you happy especially ending in a career that you'd dredge waking up to and leaving every morning to. It's not worth it, unless you love it.

jojo in Los Angeles, California said: GIRL
BULLLs***
JOJO

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

exp in Massachusetts

68 months ago

lynn in San Jose, California said: sometimes it is about the money, other times it's about the gratification that you've made a difference in someone's life. a positive impact. hygiene salary can easily pass 6 figures, depending on where you live. In the Bay,it's easy to find a job that pays well over $75 an hour. As a hygienist you sell yourself. You know the value of your own worth, and whether you work for a great dentist or not. Dentists will pay you top dollars if you're personable, knowledgeable, and compassionate. there's a career out there for everyone. follow your heart, it pays to be happy. money can't make you happy especially ending in a career that you'd dredge waking up to and leaving every morning to. It's not worth it, unless you love it.

Are there REAL JOBS? And if so, how many really make $75 an hour? The cost of living is high in CA...so would you be able to pay your monthly bills? Can you find 3-4 SET/REGULAR DAYS EACH WEEK or are the opportunities there for the MANY R.D.H.'s in the field now? P.S. Are you an R.D.H.? If not what is your position in the office(s) you work in? If you know of any areas in CA where R.D.H.'s on these threads can FIND employment, let them know. THANKS

RDH in Calgary, Alberta

68 months ago

Kathryn in Cave Springs, Arkansas said: i am in school full time and finishing my pre reqs for alot of programs. I know for sure that i want to be in the medical field but am not sure exactly where to go. I have applied to nursing school and respiratory therapy school. I am also considering Dental hygiene. Any thoughts on it?

I know they say there are demands for the health care fields you speak of, but it totally depends on your location. I have heard nurses and RT's say there are no jobs. DH is saturated almost everywhere in North America. Do your research and make good contacts.

If you are willing to relocate then all of those fields you mention maybe a good option.

I am an RDH and make around $110 an hour working commission, but this is not the norm. However, if you can relocate and have the drive to make more, then anything is possible. Good luck!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

30 year vet in Edmonton, Alberta

67 months ago

RDH in Calgary, Alberta said: I know they say there are demands for the health care fields you speak of, but it totally depends on your location. I have heard nurses and RT's say there are no jobs. DH is saturated almost everywhere in North America. Do your research and make good contacts.

If you are willing to relocate then all of those fields you mention maybe a good option.

I am an RDH and make around $110 an hour working commission, but this is not the norm. However, if you can relocate and have the drive to make more, then anything is possible. Good luck!

Really....? $110.00 per hour.....hummm.....?

Everyone....look into OTHER HEALTH FIELDS....the unemployment that is affecting our profession.....and drop in wages.....the focus on part time rather than full time....many reasons to look at other 'health related fields'.....

hyg sucks in Richmond, Virginia

67 months ago

RDH in Calgary, Alberta said: I know they say there are demands for the health care fields you speak of, but it totally depends on your location. I have heard nurses and RT's say there are no jobs. DH is saturated almost everywhere in North America. Do your research and make good contacts.

Is your office hiring? LOL!!!!!!!!!!!

1RDH in Airdrie, Alberta

67 months ago

$110 is definitely not the norm. Sounds like a great job though!
Just out of curiousity what is your average daily production? Do you like commission?
Thx!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

rdh in Calgary, Alberta

67 months ago

1RDH in Airdrie, Alberta said: $110 is definitely not the norm. Sounds like a great job though!
Just out of curiousity what is your average daily production? Do you like commission?
Thx!

Daily production is around $2200 usually. Unit of scaling is $60 and polish is $50. Commission is really good if it is a busy practice.

exp in Massachusetts

67 months ago

rdh in Calgary, Alberta said: Daily production is around $2200 usually. Unit of scaling is $60 and polish is $50. Commission is really good if it is a busy practice.

Do you find it "hard to sell" in this economy? I find many won't even consider 3 or 4 mos. recalls, due to their money situation,....even without an exam, and even if you explain the present oral condition. I feel that the R.D.H. that works on commission....is in the minority...and those thinking "I can do that and will make alot of $", are in for a rude awakening.

exp in Massachusetts

67 months ago

I do not mean that you: RDH in Calgary, can't, but it's rough out there and they may not have what it takes, that you, are able to achieve in a practice like you. What products do you ....for commission? and how do you "really" find it works out (always getting a good commission....or here and there?

Tdot in Toronto, Ontario

67 months ago

exp in Massachusetts said: Do you find it "hard to sell" in this economy? I find many won't even consider 3 or 4 mos. recalls, due to their money situation,....even without an exam, and even if you explain the present oral condition. I feel that the R.D.H. that works on commission....is in the minority...and those thinking "I can do that and will make alot of $", are in for a rude awakening.

90% of my patients have really good health benefits. I do not need to "sell" anything. My schedule is full so commission works out great. I can make $800 easy if all 8 patients show.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

yv in Hartford, Connecticut

67 months ago

cavitron in miami, Florida said: yes, jo jo is right. and hygienist don't make 50-60 K a year. please, i can't even get 3 day of work so how can i make 50-60 K a year. don't believe the hype.

yes we make more tham 50 k

Lbo in Buffalo, New York

67 months ago

You can make $50,000 or more. $75 and $110 and hour are definitely not typical wages. If you're working full time as a hygienist $50,000 is the least you should be making.

Pretty much any mid-level medical practitioner career is a relatively lucrative one in the present economy. A hygienist who went to school for three years and works four days a week can earn more in a year than many educators and research assistants with graduate degrees.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Suzanne in Terre Haute, Indiana

67 months ago

Lbo in Buffalo, New York said: You can make $50,000 or more. $75 and $110 and hour are definitely not typical wages. If you're working full time as a hygienist $50,000 is the least you should be making.

Pretty much any mid-level medical practitioner career is a relatively lucrative one in the present economy. A hygienist who went to school for three years and works four days a week can earn more in a year than many educators and research assistants with graduate degrees.

It's all relative to your location. If you cannot find an opening in 2 years in your area or within a 150 mile radius, you are not making any money. I have worked 5 days a week and never made over $55K a year. However my production for the office for that same year was over $450K. Doctor did very well! But he still expected more. Funny how those goals keep going up but the pay stayed the same...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

skrrrrrr in Victoria, British Columbia

67 months ago

How is it possible for one lone hygienist to produce $450K? That is mind boggling. We need to move somewhere like that. $450K is the production of an entire office, doc, hygienist and all here.

smile in Calgary, Alberta

67 months ago

skrrrrrr in Victoria, British Columbia said: How is it possible for one lone hygienist to produce $450K? That is mind boggling. We need to move somewhere like that. $450K is the production of an entire office, doc, hygienist and all here.

Bill a comination of 3 units scale, 1 unit prophy, Fl2, desensitize, comp perio evaluation, apply arestan or chlorohexadine, 4 units root planing, the list goes on. These are all services what can be preformed & billed out but are quite often not because of time constraints, the office never has, old school hygienist doesn't do, doesn't want to hurt the patient, no renumeration/ appreciation/incentive for going above & beyond.... What I'm saying is it is very easy to bring $450 hygiene in a year. Not as easy just doing scale, prophy, fl2 in a hygiene appointment.... also not fair to the patient as this is quite often the reason they wind up in a perio office because a hygienist didn't do her/his job.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

RDH in southern CA in Placentia, California

67 months ago

I make $45/hr or $360/day.
@ 4 days a week = around $74,000 a year.
@ 3 days a week = around $56,000 a year.

I don't make any commission and I am not pressured to sell.

Suzanne in Terre Haute, Indiana

67 months ago

skrrrrrr in Victoria, British Columbia said: How is it possible for one lone hygienist to produce $450K? That is mind boggling. We need to move somewhere like that. $450K is the production of an entire office, doc, hygienist and all here.

Most offices I have worked in with 1 dr make between 1.2 and 1.5 million a year here in Indiana. If I hit my goal of $2000 a day 4 days a week 50 weeks a year that's 400k. Throw in one Friday a month and an occasional Saturday morning, add in countless perio s/rp, Arrestin at $60 per site, bleachings, pano's every 3 years on everybody who sits in your chair, bwx on kids every 6 months, selling fl2 and tp for homecare, you'd be surprised what $$ I've brought in a month. This doesn't take into account the $10k treatment plans I've pushed for doc that would never have come to pass if I hadn't smiled and persueded and that's not counted in with my production nor am I given any compensation for it. I am positive this type of production over the years is what has contributed to my burnout plus to know you have worked so hard and done the best possible treatment for your patients AND paid for doc's and his wife's Beamer, his kids college, but I couldn't even get 1 paid holiday or a weeks paid vacation? Come on there Skrrrr, you run the 2 practices. How would you play it?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

hygirl in Fort Lauderdale, Florida

66 months ago

There seems to be a very low demand for hygienist positions. Is anyone from south fl agree? I am hearing that alot of offices are closing, or cutting back their hyginists hours. If i could even get one day It would be lucky. as a single mom, I find i am going to have to look for other work for the time being, bc unless you can find full time work, forget raising a family plus having to pay for insurance for yourself. Am I alone in this thought process?

exp in Massachusetts

66 months ago

hygirl in Fort Lauderdale, Florida said: There seems to be a very low demand for hygienist positions. Is anyone from south fl agree? I am hearing that alot of offices are closing, or cutting back their hyginists hours. If i could even get one day It would be lucky. as a single mom, I find i am going to have to look for other work for the time being, bc unless you can find full time work, forget raising a family plus having to pay for insurance for yourself. Am I alone in this thought process?

No....you are not! But, many think "I will get the job!"...Maybe....maybe NOT.... if you can retrain in another field, I recommend it (they usually will accept courses within a 5yr. period with a "B"). I am also a single mom, and I know how hard it is to work around a school schedule and an ex, who in my cases, schedule is different EVERY month....Many think about the "hourly wage"...PEOPLE....OUR WAGE IS GOING DOWN BECAUSE TOO MANY IN OUR FIELD....they are not thinking forward to their retirement in 30+yrs., so unless you can save and invest wisely, well, I don't know where they'll be...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No Reply - Report abuse

Hygirl

66 months ago

Yes! This is exactly what I am talking about . I haven't been able to find even one day, so I had to find a different job for now. My husbsnd seems to think that I am able to make at least 5ok a year. I said no way!! Not at this time in this day and age. I'd have to get a job 5 days a week to make that and you know how difficult that would be , but especially in todays market. Those days are gone, unless you have had your job for years.

exp in Massachusetts

66 months ago

Hygirl said: Yes! This is exactly what I am talking about . I haven't been able to find even one day, so I had to find a different job for now. My husbsnd seems to think that I am able to make at least 5ok a year. I said no way!! Not at this time in this day and age. I'd have to get a job 5 days a week to make that and you know how difficult that would be , but especially in todays market. Those days are gone, unless you have had your job for years.

Hi, And then too, you still might be replace by a younger or cheaper R.D.H., even if you are skilled and have a good pt. schedule....

Tej_209 in Modesto, California

63 months ago

I am taking my last pre-req. class, so that I can finally apply to the DH program! Hopefully the economy gets better and by the time i'm finished with school there will be jobs. Keeping my fingers crossed!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

exp in North Hampton, New Hampshire

63 months ago

Tej_209 in Modesto, California said: I am taking my last pre-req. class, so that I can finally apply to the DH program! Hopefully the economy gets better and by the time i'm finished with school there will be jobs. Keeping my fingers crossed!

Look into Nursing, Radiology, and even D.A.....do your research. In many states it's rough finding enough work to get by, pay back loans, get an apt....look inot tangent fields as a back-up plan, also, read threads from P.T., D.H.'s in the state you might ultimately practice in and temp agencies as to payrates, job as a fill-in too...GL

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No Reply - Report abuse

Page:   1  2  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.