Working interview?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (4)

hudsonp in North Charleston, South Carolina

67 months ago

I am about to leave an office & one of my classmates has interviewed for the postion & told me she's doing a working interview on Mon. & I am wondering if I am expected to be there or not. I know they will tell me but was just wondering when my last day at this job will be. I've never done a working interview so not sure if the hygienist that's leaving is supposed to train or not? Any ideas? This dentist is cheap so I can't imagine him paying me & the one doing the working interview but I don't know if they are paid for doing a working interview? I'm thinking they should.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

exp in Exeter, New Hampshire

67 months ago

hudsonp in North Charleston, South Carolina said: I am about to leave an office & one of my classmates has interviewed for the postion & told me she's doing a working interview on Mon. & I am wondering if I am expected to be there or not. I know they will tell me but was just wondering when my last day at this job will be. I've never done a working interview so not sure if the hygienist that's leaving is supposed to train or not? Any ideas? This dentist is cheap so I can't imagine him paying me & the one doing the working interview but I don't know if they are paid for doing a working interview? I'm thinking they should.

Hi! Ask the cheap Dr. if she is working in your place that day or if he is paying you to show her the position :in's and out's? IMHO, if he says you are getting paid for the day and seeing pt's...make sure someone hear's this. Next, any RDH that has practiced knows how to do most the the basic stuff, and if he expects you to show her...I think you could say that she's been in the field and knows what to do. The DA, can show her the charts, x-ray unit and the OM can show her stuff too...if he says he'll pay you then show her, if not mention she's trained and has been in practices, that the DA could show her where things are...why would she want to work their...have you told her of the Cheap....Dr? I've seen this type too, and we...are stuck between a rock and a hard place.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

hudsonp in North Charleston, South Carolina

67 months ago

exp in Exeter, New Hampshire said: Hi! Ask the cheap Dr. if she is working in your place that day or if he is paying you to show her the position :in's and out's? IMHO, if he says you are getting paid for the day and seeing pt's...make sure someone hear's this. Next, any RDH that has practiced knows how to do most the the basic stuff, and if he expects you to show her...I think you could say that she's been in the field and knows what to do. The DA, can show her the charts, x-ray unit and the OM can show her stuff too...if he says he'll pay you then show her, if not mention she's trained and has been in practices, that the DA could show her where things are...why would she want to work their...have you told her of the Cheap....Dr? I've seen this type too, and we...are stuck between a rock and a hard place.

I stayed at this awful office for 5 months & had enough of the abuse. There is another one doing a wk interview also so I asked him directly what am I to do & if I'm getting paid & he said I am & they aren't. I've already scared off a few ppl for being honest about this office but these 2 don't seem to want my opinion. I feel for the next victim that's going to work there but I got to get out! If they ask my honest opinion I won't lie either. He got pissed for warning another girl that the hygienist rarely gets out on time but she's in school at night & I wasn't going to lie to her. This dentist is a total jerk to work for but puts up a good front during interviews, like with me, but once you start working for him, he's an absolute ass! I have another week & I'm leaving! Thank you for the reply. I greatly appreciate it!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

RDHCJ in Connecticut

55 months ago

hudsonp in North Charleston, South Carolina said: I am about to leave an office & one of my classmates has interviewed for the postion & told me she's doing a working interview on Mon. & I am wondering if I am expected to be there or not. I know they will tell me but was just wondering when my last day at this job will be. I've never done a working interview so not sure if the hygienist that's leaving is supposed to train or not? Any ideas? This dentist is cheap so I can't imagine him paying me & the one doing the working interview but I don't know if they are paid for doing a working interview? I'm thinking they should.

No you have nothing to do with the working interview. Only the person applying for the job needs to be present at a working interview. You can give that person tips about the office you are leaving but unless you are told to be there don't be there.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.