I am a dental hygiene in florida but I'm considering moving to new jersey or boston, can a Florida license work there?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (3)

sha in Miami, Florida

37 months ago

Do they allow dental hygienist from other state to work there?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

exp in Exeter, New Hampshire

37 months ago

sha in Miami, Florida said: Do they allow dental hygienist from other state to work there?

You need the state you are working in license....contact the Board of Registration /Dental. If you call them or google their sites you will most likely find ALL the info , phone numbers, that you need. If you are presently active as an RDH in Fla., then most likely you will need these: official transcript of your grades, copy of your license from Fla. and of your diploma. Many states send you a packet with jurisprudence material and you take a test also. As far as the cost...as with, each states license to practice in THAT state, the cost...can be low to high, depending on that states decision. GL. I wouldn't go for the NE...it's pretty saturated...do research and or visit the states you are interested in too if possible, don't go by a few on here who have FT...PT , to PPT...very hard to find and consistent work? is a crapshot...too many in the field, sorry to say. Calif, Fla and the NE. seem to be where alot of RDH's want to practice. Visit...and speak with offices to start. 25yr. VET

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

RDHCJ in Connecticut

29 months ago

Not all hygiene licenses transfer state to state. You should get your hygiene license IN the state you plan to work in. However for more information you should contact the Massachusetts Board of Dentistry OR view it on mass.gov website.
Right now you SHOULD NOT become a hygiene because there are no jobs, especially in the east coast.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.