anyone else having trouble finding work in the tri-state area?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (4)

newbee in Parlin, New Jersey

28 months ago

graduated last year working about 18 hours a week now commute 45-60 min each way and finding it impossible to get more hours. Does anyone else have this experience? also was interested in getting into something outside the clinical setting any ideas? something along the lines of a call center etc.? thanks!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

RDHCJ in Connecticut

25 months ago

I am jealous you are working that much! I work 8 hours or less most weeks. If I am lucky I might work max about 13 hours in 1 week, but that is rare and I graduated 3 years ago! I am trying to get out of RDH, as many other RDHs are considering also due to the bad job market and dentists who are less patient oriented and offer no health or other benefits to their rdhs

RDHinNJ in East Brunswick, New Jersey

25 months ago

newbee in Parlin, New Jersey said: graduated last year working about 18 hours a week now commute 45-60 min each way and finding it impossible to get more hours. Does anyone else have this experience? also was interested in getting into something outside the clinical setting any ideas? something along the lines of a call center etc.? thanks!

I have the same issue. I work 3 full days a week and commute 1 hr each way to my job. Sometimes I temp 1-2 days a week as well so that helps. You should consider temping to earn some extra money if you haven't already signed up with an agency. Good luck! It's tough out here!

hoopzx67 in Woodstock, Georgia

23 months ago

I have been on the job hunt for 5 months. I have a bachelor degree. I graduated top of my class. No job yet. It is depressing because I have no family to rely on. My unemployment will run out soon. Those that have jobs seem to not understand what I am going through. One check from homelessness. I feel scared and alone. I have done everything possible to get work.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.