What else can I do if I don't want to practice clinically anymore?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (5)

kaczrowski in Cottage Grove, Minnesota

43 months ago

I am located in Minnesota and I don't want to practice clinically anymore, I have a BS in biology and my AS in dental hygiene, what else can I do with my degree besides prectice clinically? Any ideas?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

RDH in Placentia, California

43 months ago

kaczrowski in Cottage Grove, Minnesota said: I am located in Minnesota and I don't want to practice clinically anymore, I have a BS in biology and my AS in dental hygiene, what else can I do with my degree besides prectice clinically? Any ideas?

BS in Biology is nice! How about teaching/tutoring Biology? Or were you thinking within the dental field still? How about dental office manager with FT benefits? Dental sales rep? Dental hygiene instructor (more schooling needed).

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Toothy in Red Wing, Minnesota

43 months ago

No additional schooling needed in MN if you want to teach DH at a two year school. Become a flight attendant. Lots of dental hygienists become flight attendants. You don't get paid as well at first, but you get health benefits and you travel.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

RDHCJ in Connecticut

35 months ago

kaczrowski in Cottage Grove, Minnesota said: I am located in Minnesota and I don't want to practice clinically anymore, I have a BS in biology and my AS in dental hygiene, what else can I do with my degree besides prectice clinically? Any ideas?

I would suggest working in a LAB for private sector or in a hospital. Usually lab jobs only require BS in biology. Also you can work as a dental office manager or start out as a receptionist and work your way up to office manager. Since you know dental hygiene you could be an asset as a dental office manager

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

RDHCJ in Connecticut

35 months ago

PS you usually need a MASTERS to teach in college or even in a K-12 school. So don't bother looking into those unless you get a masters degree first. Look into private sector or hospitals for jobs that require just a BS in biology, like lab work.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.