foreign trained dentists

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (51 to 100 of 1052)
Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  Next »   Last »

soni in Tampa, Florida

92 months ago

hello, i had a question about florida license.Is this license only for state for fl.MY family is in california and i needed to know if I can take any exam and move back to california.
Any suggestions wud be very helpful.
Thanks....

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

soni in Tampa, Florida

92 months ago

jr.dentist in Orlando, Florida said: hi..everyone..iam a foreign trained dentist..i want to write dental hygiene board exam for florida.. i would like to know if there is any way we can get material to prepare for the exam..thanx in advance..

yes, yu are right there is a option of becoming hygienist just by taking
nbde part 1 and 2,then taking clinical board.If you are interested i have nbde prep material called DENTAL DECKS for sale and i also have KAPLAN guide book.
let me know if yu wish to buy study material.I studied from there and cleared my exam in one shot.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

joseph in Cairo, Egypt

92 months ago

another question where should i practice for the clinical exam of the dental hygienist???

and what is the clinical exam about??

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

soni in Tampa, Florida

92 months ago

The exam is not very tough but you need to clear your board exams for that.
nbde part 1 and nbde part 2 and then yu can apply for exam.
I hope this help.
I have material available for sale so please let me know if you wish to buy it.I am selling it cheaper then regular price as i used it once to study.
Which is good becoz it had hand written notes that helps for exams.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

joseph in Cairo, Egypt

92 months ago

hey soni thanks for ur reply...i need to contact u here is my email joseph232@gmail.com...plz send me coz i need ur help

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

soni in Tampa, Florida

92 months ago

hi ,
u r in minesota.did u try tkng dental board before seekng dental hygiene.
i tried a lot for dental boards before i made up my mind on dental hygiene.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

massy in Hooksett, New Hampshire

92 months ago

hello minesota friend, well u r lucky because minnesota is the only state that if u take the national boards I and II and the other test can allowed u to work as a dentist plus u have a lot of experience, but u really need TOEFEL test, and aprove it with a good score, to prove that u speek english, well u can have all the information in the minesota national board

good luck

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

subash simon in Riverview, Florida

92 months ago

hai....
my name is subash, from india,now in florida[tampa].Am here 4 the same wat u r seartching for.if u can help me i will be very thankfull to you.please reply to subashsimon@rediffmail.com.thank you.

Nayaka in Dallas, Texas

92 months ago

dm in Fort Lauderdale, Florida said: hello
since so many people are discussing the dental hygiene test, I'm sure some one can help me.
I am a foreign trained dentist. I have given the NBDHE. I need to know where n how do i give the clinical and law test to obtain the state dental hygiene license.
hope some one can help me :)
Thanks

Dear Dr. Did you find any place to learn for clinical exam .
Please let me Know

Nayaka in Dallas, Texas

92 months ago

Dear Doc.
If you find a place to learn for clinical exam please let me know

Thank You

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Melissa in Ripon, Wisconsin

92 months ago

Just wondering if you still have your dental hygiene decks for sale?? Let me know how much you are asking. Thank you

soni in Tampa, Florida said: yes, yu are right there is a option of becoming hygienist just by taking
nbde part 1 and 2,then taking clinical board.If you are interested i have nbde prep material called DENTAL DECKS for sale and i also have KAPLAN guide book.
let me know if yu wish to buy study material.I studied from there and cleared my exam in one shot!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

soni in Tampa, Florida

92 months ago

hello doctor,
Thanks for yr response.I still have dental decks available.
I am selling it for 100$ even.
they are in very good condition and are resellable after you are done with those.
thanks
richa

soni in Tampa, Florida

92 months ago

amy in Montclair, New Jersey said: i'd like to persue a career in dental hygiene, i have dental degree from oversease, just wonder if there are any follow international dentists out there who are working as dental hygienists now, what do u think about the change of the career, thank you.

hi,
i have dental decks available if you are interested in buying for studying for dental hygiene board.
they were bought first hand and am selling them for 90$ abo.
I also have a KAPLAN HAND BOOK which has some hand written notes helpful for exams.
Let ma know ASAP for the materials .
thanks.

soni in Tampa, Florida

92 months ago

wasim daoud in Flushing, New York said: i am a forign detest i have all my docement to aprooved big experians in usa as dental asisstant and detest in my countery also i pass national dental board part one i like to have higenest licence in florida please inform me if iam qualifed and what are your requirment thank you

nbde part 1 and 2.If you are interested i have nbde prep material called DENTAL DECKS for sale and i also have KAPLAN guide book.
let me know if yu wish to buy study material.I studied from there and cleared my exam easily.

soni in Tampa, Florida

92 months ago

jr.dentist in Orlando, Florida said: hi manuel..u r working as a hygienist. can u tell me if they provide study material at a school that teaches dental hygienist course? any of ur frnds who might have any idea? thanx for the help!!

nbde part 1 and 2.If you are interested i have nbde prep material called DENTAL DECKS for sale and i also have KAPLAN guide book.
let me know if yu wish to buy study material.I studied from there and cleared my exam easily.

soni in Tampa, Florida

92 months ago

jr.dentist in Orlando, Florida said: hi..nice to know that u have cleared NBDHE..iam a foreign trained dentist too...can u plz guide me through it..? If you have any material or decks plz let me know..i would like to buy it..
plz let me know...
thank u very much :)

soni in Tampa, Florida

92 months ago

hi, i dont know if you can work with florida license there in cali.IF you have additional information please let me know too.
I do have dental decks and released question papers if you are interested in buying .they were very helpful in studying and i passed my exams in one attempt.Please contact me asap as i am selling them soon.

subash simon in Valrico, Florida

92 months ago

give me your no....subashsimon@hotmail.com

abby in New York, New York

92 months ago

ok thanx for reply and this is my email;Abbaslass@yahoo.com
thank you ash simon

soni in Tampa, Florida

92 months ago

hi
you can email me yr address if yu wish to buy dental decks,and i can ship it to yu by this weekend.
my number is 9048037505.

joseph in Cairo, Egypt

92 months ago

hey to everyone who wants to become dental hygienists who is already a foreign trained dentist..
open this link to c ...does texas accept foreign trained dentists to work as dental hygienists???
www.tsbde.state.tx.us/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=25&Itemid=74

open the link and lets comment about what is said...i think they accept foreign trained dntists to be hygienists

catrachita in Jacksonville, Florida

92 months ago

I'm a foreing dentist too I came here to USA 7 years ago, I used to work as a Dental assitant and 2 years ago a got my Dental Hygiensit Lincese in Florida, rigth now I preparing to take NBDE part I May or June, If somebody need information about the Dental higyensit you can send me a email to movae_smith@yahoo.com....
best wishes to everybody.

catrachita in Jacksonville, Florida

92 months ago

Augusto Diaz Valladares in San Pedro Sula, Honduras said: this no mean thath I´m not apreciate or respect the carrer, I think of my self doing this change when I see my country´s situation

Hello I'm from tegucigalpa and I live in Florida I'm a dental hygiensit you can e mail me movae_smith@yahoo.com..I start to prepared to take the NBDE part I on May or June.

soni in Tampa, Florida

92 months ago

hi everybody,
it looks like they accept license of another state, even if you have license from non accredated school
it will be a good opportunity for foreign trained dentists.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

joseph in Cairo, Egypt

92 months ago

soni in Tampa, Florida said: hi everybody,
it looks like they accept license of another state, even if you have license from non accredated school
it will be a good opportunity for foreign trained dentists.

hey soni ...what states does accept license from other states???
does california accept???
if u have the site that said so ...please send it

abby in New York, New York

91 months ago

hi every body who will advise me in my issue ..which is more usefull going to school or applying for the examination.and why?

mesiodense in Gainesville, Florida

91 months ago

If anybody need instruments for dental hygiene clinical examination,email me at
meet_sonakali@yahoo.co.in, I have 3 sets of new instruments which I brought for my exam and I used only one set as my patient got accepted for first time.
If anybody intersted let me know.

88 in Toronto, Ontario

91 months ago

Fugi9 in Richmond Hill, Ontario said: Anyone planning to take DH in Ontario? Im a FTD (foreign trained dentist) as well and planning to take DH here.

Is Florida the only State where FTD can be licensed as DH?

Do ppl find it hard to find work as a DH after graduation? Cuz i know tuition for DH schools are pricey and not sure if its worth the risk...

Do other FTD know if other countries like Australia, NZ, UK allow FTD to practice after taking the exams there without going back to school?

and no im not japanese...haha

I think Australia might let you. I'm not 100% sure. You can google their accreditation board. You will find info on it.

Nayaka in Dallas, Texas

91 months ago

Dr.
Did u follow any clinical course for this exam .let me know
Thank You

Aurel in Valrico, Florida

91 months ago

I 'm a foreigner dentist,I 'm living in Tampa .I would like to know where and how I can get my dental certificate .

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Kuldeep in Westmont, Illinois

91 months ago

You will need to take NBDE part 1 to be eliglble to apply to 2 or 3 years dental program. some schools require or recommend that you also take part 2. some school has 2 years program and some has 3 years. You will need to have your transcripts from your dental school evaluated by ECE.

91 months ago

Could you please Guys tell me,where and when Can I get dental assistant courses in Tampa I 'm a foreigner dentist.

91 months ago

Hi,Could you please tell me how got your dental assistant licence ,I 'm also a foreign dentist ,I leave in Tampa Fl.
Please me more information at my email:aurelwil@yahoo.fr

nora in Houston, Texas

91 months ago

catrachita in Jacksonville, Florida said: I'm a foreing dentist too I came here to USA 7 years ago, I used to work as a Dental assitant and 2 years ago a got my Dental Hygiensit Lincese in Florida, rigth now I preparing to take NBDE part I May or June, If somebody need information about the Dental higyensit you can send me a email to movae_smith@yahoo.com....

how long you took to have a liscence as hyogenist??? i am a dentist too new in US

nora in Houston, Texas

91 months ago

Brian Ramsey in Jupiter, Florida said: My wife is a foreign trained dentist from the PHilippines, and quickly became a Dental Hygienist after moving here to Florida. I will pass along an EXREMELY helpful tip here for any foreign dentist looking to become a hygienist here....go to the website janewrdh.com Jane weiner has been helping foreign dentists become hygienists here for years. She has a three day course held around the state at different times and she will basically give you exactly the materials you will need to pass the national and state boards(otherwise you will be reading lots and lots of books). My wife did not pass the first time...after taking janes course however she easily passed it the second time. Good luck!

HI I AM A FOREIN DENTIST NEW IN US HOW I CAN HAVE LISCENCE TO BE HYOGENIST???? PLEASE REPLY

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

joseph in Cairo, Egypt

91 months ago

hey nora ...do u want to make it in texas or what??

TOM in Raleigh, North Carolina

91 months ago

Hi Nora,

Me 2 I am foreign trained dentist too from Syria.. as far as I know we can work as dental hyig in Florida ... but we have to :

1) Pass NBDE PART ONE+ NBDE PART 2
OR
PASS NBDHE(National board dental hyig exam)(170$)

2)pass the clinical exam.(800$)
3) pass the Florida law exam.

then you can practice as a dental hyig...

but I hear that this option is only for green card holder!! make sure of that.. I am not quite sure !!

correct me guys if I am wrong!!

best of luck all

91 months ago

Thx a lot Nora,I will do the best of me .Could you tell me the best way to prepare the NBDHE and NBDE 1
Have a nice day

nora in Houston, Texas

91 months ago

hi , i did not pass the test yest but i bought the hard copies of NBDE PART 1 DENTAL DECKS , such decks covering the material for the test in simlpe and efficient way so i will depend completly on them ,,can you tell me please or any other one what should i do to be able to practice as hygienist in Texas???? regard
Nora

Lulu in Austin, Texas

91 months ago

To be able to practice as an hygienist in Texas State, you first have to pass the DHNB and then go back to the dental school for two years, you can study at any of the branches of University of Texas that offers Dental Hygiene degree, then submit all the paperwork to the State of Texas Dental Board, to get your license, also before to come back to school you must have all your vaccinations done specially the Hep B (3 doses). Good look it isn't easy without much money.

Lulu in Austin, Texas

91 months ago

Lulu in Austin, Texas said: To be able to practice as an hygienist in Texas State, you first have to pass the DHNB and then go back to the dental school for two years, you can study at any of the branches of University of Texas that offers Dental Hygiene degree, then submit all the paperwork to the State of Texas Dental Board, to get your license, also before to come back to school you must have all your vaccinations done specially the Hep B (3 doses). Good luck it isn't easy without much money.

For the time being look for a job as dental assistant, but you also will need to pass an examination on line to get your certificate and then submit it among with other papers to the Texas State Dental Board.

Lulu in Austin, Texas

91 months ago

I don't think your spanish has improved just in 5 months, spanish is an absolutely complicated language, I've heard people talking who think just exactly like u, and let me express my sympathy, and if u think my language is spanish why didn't you reply this in that language, the answer is logic: you don't have the slightest idea how to write it; you think that just because my email address?, your brain and mind are so narrow that you don't even think that I probably speak french or italian. U inspired me sorry.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Saunie Krewson, RDH in Los Angeles, California

91 months ago

I lived in Georgia and I could not understand simple directions from some southerners because of their accent, such trashing of the English language made me sick. Got your leg!!
If he can't be understood, maybe wasim daoud could practice without problem for people who speak his first language.

QUOTE who="Charlie in Norcross, Georgia"]Agreed. When I was taught customer relations we were advised that one must be polite and respectful to a client and to foster confidence from the customer. I ask you, what sort of "chair-side manner" and confidence do you think "wasim daoud" would elicit from patients? Would you let him put his fingers in YOUR mouth?

That trashing of the English language that Jerry refers to is about as unpleasant as seeing the dentist picking his nose would be to my eyes.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Luz in San Diego, California

91 months ago

soni in Tampa, Florida said: yes, yu are right there is a option of becoming hygienist just by taking
let me know if yu wish to buy study material.I studied from there and cleared my exam in one shot!

Do You still have the dental decks and Kaplan guide book for sale? if not can you please guide me and tell me where can I by it from?

soni in Tampa, Florida

91 months ago

hi doc,
i have the dental decks and kaplan book available.
I am selling them together for 180$.
Dental decks are 2004 edition.
If yu need the released question papers , let me know.
Email me your adress if yu wish to buy.
richa

soni in Tampa, Florida

91 months ago

hi,
price 180$ is OBO.
email me earliest so i dont sell it to smbdy else.
richa

Mrs. Raza in Orlando, Florida

91 months ago

catrachita in Jacksonville, Florida said: I'm a foreing dentist too I came here to USA 7 years ago, I used to work as a Dental assitant and 2 years ago a got my Dental Hygiensit Lincese in Florida, rigth now I preparing to take NBDE part I May or June, If somebody need information about the Dental higyensit you can send me a email to movae_smith@yahoo.com....

HEY, I'M PREPARING FOR THE DH LICENSE FOR FLORIDA TOO. CAN YOU TELL ME WHERE TO ARRANGE THE INSTRUMENTS FOR THE CLINICAL EXAM. THANKS

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

soni in Tampa, Florida

91 months ago

hi ,
i have instruments available if yu wish to buy.
yu can email me directly at
serenewave@gmail.com

richa

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Nora in Houston, Texas

91 months ago

How can foriegn dentist be registerd dental assistant in Texas?which tests he or she has to pass??? and how can get the material for the???can some done by internet?any one can provide methorough informations please??

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

marta stohlmann in Valencia, Venezuela

91 months ago

yes my doghter alredy find out,you can go to"dental hygienst board in texas"there you have planty of information

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.