foreign trained dentists

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (951 to 1000 of 1053)
Page:  « First « Previous   17  18  19  20  21  22  Next »   Last »

paula in Vancouver, British Columbia

30 months ago

Hi,

I am a Romanian dentist, I am in Vancouver now, and I would like to get same information about Dentistry in Canada. What are the exeams, and where we need to go for more information? Thank you!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Tamara in Miami, Florida

29 months ago

I am a foreign dentist with a dental hygiene license in FL,i would like to know if it is true if i move to Texas i need to go to a dental hygiene program for 2 years.I took the NERB examination in Fl,is it valid in others states like Texas?Please if anyone could help me i would appreciate it.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (11) Reply - Report abuse

Boris in Florida

29 months ago

Tamara in Miami, Florida said: I am a foreign dentist with a dental hygiene license in FL,i would like to know if it is true if i move to Texas i need to go to a dental hygiene program for 2 years.I took the NERB examination in Fl,is it valid in others states like Texas?Please if anyone could help me i would appreciate it.

Hey Tamara,
It is true, unfortunately! I am international dentist with a DH license in FL,as well.Only in State of FL you can pass boards without taking a classes. In every other you have to go in school again! :-(
Really said, but true!
Were are you originally from?
Boris from Serbia.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Boris in Florida

29 months ago

I just got my licence and looking for a job.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

dado khad in rainbow, Alabama

29 months ago

Tamara in Miami, Florida said: I am a foreign dentist with a dental hygiene license in FL,i would like to know if it is true if i move to Texas i need to go to a dental hygiene program for 2 years.I took the NERB examination in Fl,is it valid in others states like Texas?Please if anyone could help me i would appreciate it.

Do you work as hyginiest in in FL?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

dado khad in rainbow, Alabama

29 months ago

I guess its very hard to wirk as hyginiest in FL for foriegn!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

dr.sabrina in Baltimore, Maryland

29 months ago

Boris in Florida said: I just got my licence and looking for a job.

hi. I am an International dentist please advise about the NBDHE,Is Mosbys hygiene review the book,when r the exams conducted.please advise.my email is asabrinastanley@gmail.com
Thanks.
Sabrina

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Teethla in Reno, Nevada

29 months ago

Looking for a partner to prepare for NBDE part I in Reno, NV.
email me at teethla@outlook.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Tamara in Miami, Florida

28 months ago

dado khad in rainbow, Alabama said: Do you work as hyginiest in in FL?

yes,i work as dental hygienist in miami,fl,igot that job thanks to a friend ,it has been easy for me because everybody in the office is from the country i come from(Cuba) and the spoken language is mostly spanish.There is a website for those that are seeking for job:DENTAL POST NET.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Tamara in Miami, Florida

28 months ago

Boris in Florida said: Hey Tamara,
It is true, unfortunately! I am international dentist with a DH license in FL,as well.Only in State of FL you can pass boards without taking a classes. In every other you have to go in school again! :-(
Really said, but true!
Were are you originally from?
Boris from Serbia.

I come from Cuba,there is a website where you can seek for job:denal post net.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

dhillon in Chandigarh, India

28 months ago

i am a dentist working in india . i have got an offer letter for dental hygiene program from a confedration college. what are the visa success rates ? reply urgent .. thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

CKS in Orlando, Florida

27 months ago

Hi,

I am studying to take the NBDHE soon. Does anyone have an released questions?

Thank you,

CKS

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Chary in Washington, District of Columbia

27 months ago

josefina in San Diego, California said: yes, you are quialified, go on the ADA site and see the requirements for the National Dental Hygiene Board and apply for the exam and once you pass applyto Florida Dental hygiene board.

Hi I'm new here. I'm from Maryland how will I get that dentpin?please help me

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

sumit in Indore, India

27 months ago

Tamara in Miami, Florida said: yes,i work as dental hygienist in miami,fl,igot that job thanks to a friend ,it has been easy for me because everybody in the office is from the country i come from(Cuba) and the spoken language is mostly spanish.There is a website for those that are seeking for job: DENTAL POST NET.

hey tamara.......i am also an overseas dentist, looking forward for dental hygienist exams....could you please help me about any visa information. I dont have any visa for now and i'am in india...on what visa should one visit usa to give these exams?? after getting the licence for dental hygienist, is it admissible to get a working visa/permit to work as D.H??? please reply......

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

sumit in Indore, India

27 months ago

friends please guide me about work permit process after getting D.H licence.....i have neither PR/Green card or other permit and wish to work as DH in florida....I know all the process about national boards and DOH fl exam too......i am so confused about opinions on working visas.......some lawyer say if i get licence and job offer, i'll get a work permit....while others say no chance without green card.....please help

get in West Palm Beach, Florida

26 months ago

CKS in Orlando, Florida said: Hi,

I am studying to take the NBDHE soon. Does anyone have an released questions?

Thank you,

CKS

CKS have u already taken the NBDHE? please, email me at gettingthebest@yahoo.com

Yordanska in Las Vegas, Nevada

25 months ago

Hello, I'm looking for a study partner to prepare for theNBDE part 1 in Las Vegas. Is anyone interested?

Teethla in Reno, Nevada

25 months ago

Looking for a partner to prepare for NBDE part I in Reno, NV.
email me at teethla@outlook.com

Surabhi in Los Angeles, California

24 months ago

Dear Friends,
Am looking forward to join a dental hygiene community college AA degree in California. Was hoping to get some advise as to what are prospects of getting work permit visa after doing this course. If any of the seniors who have taken this path before could guide me , it will be a lot of help.

Also, is there someone else like me in and around LA on same path , I would like to get in touch.

Thamku so much in advance.

mission nbdhe in bowlings green, Ohio

23 months ago

hello,

i am preparing for NBDHE, was wondering if can get some information regarding job prospects as a hygienist in florida for international dentists.Is a dental hygiene degree from US necessary to get admission into MS in dental hygiene or a state licence can work?

thanks in advance

23 months ago

sumit in Indore, India said: friends please guide me about work permit process after getting D.H licence.....i have neither PR/Green card or other permit and wish to work as DH in florida....I know all the process about national boards and DOH fl exam too......i am so confused about opinions on working visas.......some lawyer say if i get licence and job offer, i'll get a work permit....while others say no chance without green card.....please help

hello,
it is indeed very difficult to get a H1B visa, since the new lottery system has now started for H1B visa process. Employers have to do a lot of things to provide a work permit to a foreign national and not everyone is ready for this headache. above that you need to have a very good experience. For experience you can start with observing the dental hygienists in US and participating in volunteer activities after getting your licence,meanwhile you can explore job opportunities and keep applying for jobs.
Best of luck...

23 months ago

Chary in Washington, District of Columbia said: Hi I'm new here. I'm from Maryland how will I get that dentpin?please help me

www.ada.org/dentpin.aspx you can register for dentpin here, its really simple..
best of luck

andrea in Buenos Aires, Argentina

23 months ago

Hi everyone!! Im looking forward to take exams for dental hygiene in florida! Does anyone knows if i can take them with my tourist visa or do i need another type of visa?? Thank you!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

klc dh in Brooklyn, New York

22 months ago

I am foreign trained dentist.How can I get the dental hyginist license here?
Thanks for your help!!!!!

viv in Loxahatchee, Florida

22 months ago

klc dh in Brooklyn, New York said: I am foreign trained dentist.How can I get the dental hyginist license here?
Thanks for your help!!!!!

Hi!
This is the first step:

1- You need to have your Credentials (grades) evaluated by www.ece.org
2- Read FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions); q 19 answer the type of evaluation you need.
3- Go to START YOUR EVALUATION
4- Select your country. Then click on Show Required Documents, on the right side
5- Go to Download Application
6- Follow the procedure.
7- Start a new application
8- You need to order some copies:
-ECE will send one of them to Florida Department of Health (FDH) and some to you. DO NOT OPEN THE CLOSED COPIES
Later I tell you about the next steps (now I'm in a hurry ). Be well

22 months ago

Hi klc! After having your credentials evaluated you can take the NBDE I and II, or NBDHE(it the one I did)
What I'm going to explain you is what I remember I did. Keep in mind that the process is always changing;

Go to the following link where the procedure for the NBDHE is explained in detail, step by step:
www.ada.org/2662.aspx
Once you pass the NBDHE, then you need to apply to the Florida Board of Dentistry for them to authorize you to take Florida Computer Simulated Clinical Exam (CSCE) and the clinical with a patient with NERB.
The application form is here:
floridasdentistry.gov/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/ap_DentalHygieneCredapp.pdf
In about two weeks they will let you know, you are approved and you can register with NERB (www.nerb.org) to take the clinical and the CSCE. Download ADEX guide, it explains the procedure to take the exams: www.nerb.org/b/documents/Hygiene_Manual_2013.pdf Here you can see a Candidate orientation presentation, for the clinical exam:www.nerb.org/adobe_presenter/candorienthygiene2013/index.htm Before to take the Laws exam you need to apply with the FHD for your Dental Hygiene License:floridasdentistry.gov/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/ap_DentalHygieneapp.pdf
They will call/email you to let you know you can apply for the Laws exam.After passing the Laws exam they will send you the DH LICENSE!!!! Finally you are a RDH in Florida.
www.floridasdentistry.gov/licensing/dental-hygienist/ Be well

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

FlyOnTuesday in Munich, Germany

22 months ago

Hi,

my question is for all foreign trained dentist already working as dental assistants or hygienists:
Which Visa or Green Card are you using and how to apply?

Thank you for your help...!!!

abutarek41110 in Greenville, South Carolina

21 months ago

any body got info about nerb simulating exam and how to prepare for it??

Flavia in Revere, Massachusetts

19 months ago

paula in Vancouver, British Columbia said: Hi,

I am a Romanian dentist , I am in Vancouver now, and I would like to get same information about Dentistry in Canada. What are the exeams, and where we need to go for more information? Thank you!!

Salut!
Eu am terminat la Cluj acu cateva luni si sunt in Boston. Ai inceput s ate pregatesti?....nebunie cu atatea examene
adresa mea e flavia_moldovann@yahoo.com
contacteaza-ma daca vrei sa vorbim
mersi

Munnawar in Hialeah, Florida

16 months ago

Hi everyone I'm a foreign trained dentist I'm taking my NBDHE this summer,if any of you taking it soon or planning to take please reply me.Am i eligible to take NERB after I pass NBDHE, and except for Florida can I practice anywhere else (NERB states)?

Thanks

Munnawar

Dental & Hygiene Prof. Ronda in Orlando, Florida

14 months ago

Doogie8 in Torrance, California said: Hi Brian, I am a Philippine trained dentist too now living in California. I did check the website that you said could help me with my inquiries about the Florida dental hygiene boards. I sent an email but unfortunately they have not responded yet. Do you know of any other website that could provide me with information on how to start the process? Looking forward to hear from you. Thank you.

Hello. I read your request for Florida RDH boards. We help FTD gather info and tutor in both academic and clinical instrumentation skills. Take a look at www.americanboardprep.com Hope this helps. Take care and have a very blessed day. Prof. Ronda Wood, BS, RDH, CDA.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

14 months ago

Munnawar in Hialeah, Florida said: Hi everyone I'm a foreign trained dentist I'm taking my NBDHE this summer,if any of you taking it soon or planning to take please reply me.Am i eligible to take NERB after I pass NBDHE, and except for Florida can I practice anywhere else (NERB states)?

Thanks

Munnawar

Hello Munnawar,
I read your request for information. I am a Florida professor in Dental Hygiene and I help tutor students for the 4 licensure exams. Awesome...so glad you are studying for NBDHE. I can test you to find any weaknesses, and then turn those weaknesses into strengths. Even with instrumentation skills and helping you find a patient for the clinical exam. My business partner is also a FTD who is currently an RDH & professor, pursuing DMD. We have a 100% rate of our students so feel free to view our website and call us. www.americanboardprep.com
Also to answer your other questions, as a FTD, the sequence should proceed as:
1. NBDHE (nationally accepted in all states)
2. NERB clinical (accepted by NERB states and accepted in most non-NERB states)
3. Prometric(accepted by NERB states and accepted in most non-NERB states)
4. Florida Laws(only FL)
So once RDH licensed in Florida, you can go to other states to take their laws test and pay for credentials/licensures. Georgia and possibly a few other states do have exception though. I know for sure that GA requires completion of a CODA accredited RDH school graduation for licensure.
Hope this helps. Take care and have a blessed day.
Prof. Ronda Wood, BS, RDH, CDA.

14 months ago

The other states that are the exception are: GA,DS,DE,CA,AK,OK. You can find a map of these at www.nerb.org under member states and ADEX accepted.

Vito8122@hotmail.com in Hollywood, Florida

13 months ago

I am foreign dentist, i pass the exam Of nbdhe, how ca i apply to take the clinical examwith a patient.thanks vito

lraine in Syracuse, New York

12 months ago

hello, i am foreing dentist, from cuba, i recently pass the nbda and i going to move to as vegas next month, i am trying to fin a job as a dental assistant in las vegas and also i am study ver hard because i want to take the nbdhe this year too, i have the flash card and the text practice. any suggest about to find a book. becouse i need to lern the instruments ad the procedures, thanks, any information please contact me

Hanny in Freeport, New York

10 months ago

lraine in Syracuse, New York said: hello, i am foreing dentist , from cuba, i recently pass the nbda and i going to move to as vegas next month, i am trying to fin a job as a dental assistant in las vegas and also i am study ver hard because i want to take the nbdhe this year too, i have the flash card and the text practice. any suggest about to find a book. becouse i need to lern the instruments ad the procedures, thanks, any information please contact me

Hi Iraine I am also a dentist from Dominican Republic, Can you share any type of information with me regarding the NBDHE, I wanna know couple of things can you please email me hannysabrina@hotmail.com you can do it in spanish if you prefer to. I would really appreciate your help. Thanks

Magnolia B in Bakersfield, California

10 months ago

Any tips in studying NBDHE? I am a foreign trained dentist taking it on April 2015 and I have bought Saunders by Jane Weiner and Mosby's. Should i engage in a review course or not? I am having second thoughts. I just want to do a self review because I do not live in the US.

10 months ago

Munnawar in Hialeah, Florida said: Hi everyone I'm a foreign trained dentist I'm taking my NBDHE this summer,if any of you taking it soon or planning to take please reply me.Am i eligible to take NERB after I pass NBDHE, and except for Florida can I practice anywhere else (NERB states)?

Thanks

Munnawar

Hi Munnawar. Did u pass the NBDHE? Any tips? Books to read?

10 months ago

Anyone who passed the NBDHE who is a foreign trained dentist? Appreciate the help. Thanks.

10 months ago

sumit in Indore, India said: hey tamara.......i am also an overseas dentist , looking forward for dental hygienist exams....could you please help me about any visa information. I dont have any visa for now and i'am in india...on what visa should one visit usa to give these exams?? after getting the licence for dental hygienist, is it admissible to get a working visa/permit to work as D.H??? please reply......

Tourist visa can.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

10 months ago

Anyone selling Jane Weiner Booklet? Thanks.

Ana Horenstein in Florida

9 months ago

I need guidance on how to get my license as a dental hygiene in Fl I am a foreing trained dentist. Tku for all your help

9 months ago

Ana Horenstein in Florida said: I need guidance on how to get my license as a dental hygiene in Fl I am a foreing trained dentist. Tku for all your help

Please send an email address to contact you. Thank u

exp in Massachusetts

9 months ago

FOREIGN TRAINED DENTISTS PLEASE, PLEASE GO TO A DENTAL PAGE, NOT OUR RDH PAGE TO FIND WORK. ON ANOTHER NOTE, WHY NOTE POST ON THE DA PAGE INSTEAD AS YOU CAN PROBABLY LEARN MORE OF HOW TO OBTAIN WHAT YOU NEED TO BECOME A DENTIST IN THE STATES. VET RDH

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

exp in Massachusetts

9 months ago

FOREIGN TRAINED DENTISTS PLEASE, PLEASE GO TO A DENTIST PAGE OR DA PAGE, NOT OUR RDH PAGE TO FIND WORK. ON ANOTHER NOTE, WHY NOT POST ON THE DA PAGE INSTEAD AS YOU CAN PROBABLY LEARN MORE OF HOW TO OBTAIN WHAT YOU NEED TO BECOME A DENTIST IN THE STATES. VET RDH

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

captain12488 in Tampa, Florida

8 months ago

I am a foreign trained dentist who just passed the Florida dental hygiene board exams and I am selling the COMPLETE SET of instruments/materials that I've used only during the practical examination.This is perfect for a foreign trained dentist who will be taking the Florida dental hygiene exam.Priced low. Email:dh127779@yahoo.com

appy in Saint Petersburg, Florida

8 months ago

Brian Ramsey in Jupiter, Florida said: Florida is the only state in the U.S where foreign trained dentists do not have to go to school to become hygienist. You just need to have your transcripts from the dental school in your country evaluated....then take the national and state boards. If you pass these two then you could get your hygienist license in less then a year. Go to the florida department of health website and they will guide you through the process. Once again....i recommend for any foreign trained dentist to take Jane weiners course ....its only a few hundred dollars....and she will guide you every step of the way and will answer any questions you have.

Hi Brian,

I was wondering if you could tell me more about Jane Weiner's course. Will it help for the clinicals? I have already passed the boards written exam and ready to take the NERB.

Thanks
Appy

appy in Saint Petersburg, Florida

8 months ago

catrachita in Jacksonville, Florida said: I'm a foreing dentist too I came here to USA 7 years ago, I used to work as a Dental assitant and 2 years ago a got my Dental Hygiensit Lincese in Florida, rigth now I preparing to take NBDE part I May or June, If somebody need information about the Dental higyensit you can send me a email to movae_smith@yahoo.com....
best wishes to everybody.

HI ,

I need help understanding on how and where I could get some clinical exposure before taking the NERB. any suggestions?

Thank you
Aparna

Yashu in Tampa, Florida

7 months ago

appy in Saint Petersburg, Florida said: HI ,

I need help understanding on how and where I could get some clinical exposure before taking the NERB. any suggestions?

Thank you
Aparna

Hi Aparna,
Did you give your NERB CSCE exam??? can you give me any information about the study material???

Thank you
Yashu

San in Fort Lauderdale, Florida

7 months ago

Www.janewrdh.com
At this website you can find a great review and material to study for NBDHE. You will not need anything else
San

Page:  « First « Previous   17  18  19  20  21  22  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.