foreign trained dentists

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (101 to 150 of 1063)
Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  6  Next »   Last »

April Soemant in Norfolk, Virginia

101 months ago

phung Pham in Minneapolis, Minnesota said: DEar guys!
I was dentist in my country more than17 years ago.I came USA State at Minnesota 2years ago.Rightnow I work at a Dental lab but i think(I feel really sad here)can I change to learn hygenist program . Please give me some advises,i have to make money for 2children(14 and 12 yersold)My English is not good(level 5 ESl).Please help.
Phungpham MN

please come back to school, take dental hygiene program. forget about your past dentist.do one step at the time. i had the same situation with you. i will graduate(4 yrs dh school) this May. salary is about 350/day.Good luck!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

k in Milpitas, California

101 months ago

hi

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Elena in Sarasota, Florida

101 months ago

Hey guys,
I'm foreign dentist trying to get dh licence. just passed National DH Board part1. I'm going to take law and clinical exams on may-june. can somebody tell me how can I prepare for clinical exam? what instruments will I need and where can I get them?
if somebody here passed these exams recently can you share your experience? what was the hardest part? sorry I have so many questions....hope you understand...
thanks!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Ana in Clearwater, Florida

101 months ago

I am a foreign graduated dentist and I would like to take the NBDHE. I need to buy the decks and any other material that might help me get started. I was also trying to find a group study , not sure if there is such a thing. Please help

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Ana in Clearwater, Florida

101 months ago

are there any preparatory courses that I can sign up?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

kd in Oakland, California

101 months ago

hi Ana
You contact Jane for study materials.
here is her email- rdhjw@aol.com
all the best

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

101 months ago

Elena in Sarasota, Florida said: Hey guys,
I'm foreign dentist trying to get dh licence. just passed National DH Board part1. I'm going to take law and clinical exams on may-june. can somebody tell me how can I prepare for clinical exam? what instruments will I need and where can I get them?
if somebody here passed these exams recently can you share your experience? what was the hardest part? sorry I have so many questions....hope you understand...
thanks!

hi Elena
I m also in your position I m a foregin trained dentist and apearing for law and clinical exam this may june progame. I m also looking for prepration of law and clinical prepration and at same instruments. Do you some information about this?
a you can email--- kdsinghdr@yahoo.com

Elena in Sarasota, Florida

101 months ago

kd in Oakland, California said: hi Elena
I m also in your position I m a foregin trained dentist and apearing for law and clinical exam this may june progame. I m also looking for prepration of law and clinical prepration and at same instruments. Do you some information about this?
a you can email--- kdsinghdr@yahoo.com

Hi,
I found preparation materials for law exam on Florida's department of health web-site...but you are in California, right?
maybe try to go to your local health department web site...
but I still have no idea where can I get instruments...and as I mentioned before I would like to hear about this exams from people who passed them...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

soni in Tampa, Florida

101 months ago

hi elena
i emailed yu earlier fr dental decks,I wanted to tell yu i also have nbde released question papers available.
u can email me directly at
serenewave@gmail.com
thanks.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

nora in Houston, Texas

101 months ago

any one have realsed part 1 papers?????

Ana in Seffner, Florida

101 months ago

nora in Houston, Texas said: any one have realsed part 1 papers?????

I am interested ........how much do you want for them?

Kuldeep in Westmont, Illinois

101 months ago

yes. I have NBDE Part 1 and part 2 papers and dental decks.

soni in Tampa, Florida

101 months ago

hi nora,
I have part 2 released papers if you are intrested.
Also 2004 dental decks,which i am ready to give for very less price.
let me know asap, please.

nora in Houston, Texas

101 months ago

I NEED DANTAL RELESE I ALREADY HAVE THE DECKS. DO ANYBODY AVE HARD COPIES OF DENTAL RELEASE???

nora in Houston, Texas

101 months ago

I NEED PART ONE RELESED NOT PART 2 ,HOPE IF YOU HAVE THEM...

soni in Tampa, Florida

101 months ago

if yu are talking about released question papers , i hv those.
let me know asap!

ANA SOUZA in Clearwater, Florida

101 months ago

Kuldeep in Westmont, Illinois said: yes. I have NBDE Part 1 and part 2 papers and dental decks.

how much do you want for them?

nora in Houston, Texas

101 months ago

YES I MEAN THE RELEASED QUESTIONS PAPERS FOR NBDE PART 1 , WHICH VERSION YOUR RELESED???I MEAN FOR WHAT YEAR???MY EMAIL IS NORADENT007@YAHOO.COM

nora in Houston, Texas

101 months ago

if its for part one i will buy it if its not old version..my email is
noradent007@yahoo.com send me please how much you want??

soni in Tampa, Florida

101 months ago

i have 2004 part 2 nbde decks available.
let me know if yu are interested.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

ximena in Granada Hills, California

101 months ago

will florida license be accepted in California. thanx.

soni in Tampa, Florida

101 months ago

it will be nice to know if ca is accepting Fl license.
let me know if yu have more info.

raj in Royal Oak, Michigan

101 months ago

Tracy Jacobs in Canton, Georgia said: Oh, be nice to the poor guy. I was married to someone in the Air Force and we were stationed in Italy. There was no housing on the base and we had to live in an apartment complex. We were the only Americans in our building. I am sure I sounded like and idiot when I had to communicate with the locals. I agree that the guy is likely unqualified but that does not mean he is dumb. Poor guy is trying--a simple "you are not qualified" will do.

yes I agree with you do you think all american know what they speak I havent touched their spelling skills yet

101 months ago

jr.dentist in Orlando, Florida said: hello sharma2415...i think u r from india..have u done ur BDS there? ...iam from india too..are u planning to prepare for dental hygiene exam here? plz let me know if u have any information regarding this..i want to write the exam in march..thanx for ur help..

i would appriciate if you pass the info to me

April Soemant in Richmond, Virginia

101 months ago

raj in Royal Oak, Michigan said: yes I agree with you do you think all american know what they speak I havent touched their spelling skills yet

I felt stupid ,and idiot when I have to learn and practicing western dentistry in US, which totally different with eastern dentistry-Indonesia. Time constraint and dictate by insurance, high pace practice, etc all the staff that take me to the torturing tunel for several years.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

101 months ago

amy in Montclair, New Jersey said: i'd like to persue a career in dental hygiene, i have dental degree from oversease, just wonder if there are any follow international dentists out there who are working as dental hygienists now, what do u think about the change of the career, thank you.

Keep it simple, get the job done quickly,dont think too much, time is clicking.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

kd in Sunnyvale, California

101 months ago

No your paksitan degree is not valid in us neither u can work as hyginest in pensilvina. you have take licence that.
all the best.

100 months ago

hi
go to community college and talk to advisor, get your bds evaluated by ECE,
Tc

Marie in Surrey, British Columbia

100 months ago

I, like you, also graduated in Dentistry abroad and, also, graduated in D.H. in Florida.After graduating in D.H. I realized that I do not like to be a D.H.Both professions are different animals.I am now, changing careers. D.H. is not for me!

Laura in Chattanooga, Tennessee said: I am foreign trained dentist. In US, however, I had to start everything from the beginning; I enrolled the dental hygiene school and just recently graduated. My GPA was 4.0. Now, do you believe I am still looking for job? I guess I am in a wrong place. Can somebody give me an idea where there is high demand for dental hygienist? Thanks.

Marie in Surrey, British Columbia

100 months ago

I have a feeling that Jane Weiner is promoting herself.Hummmmmm?!?!?!

Brian Ramsey in Jupiter, Florida said: My wife is a foreign trained dentist from the PHilippines, and quickly became a Dental Hygienist after moving here to Florida. I will pass along an EXREMELY helpful tip here for any foreign dentist looking to become a hygienist here....go to the website janewrdh.com Jane weiner has been helping foreign dentists become hygienists here for years. She has a three day course held around the state at different times and she will basically give you exactly the materials you will need to pass the national and state boards(otherwise you will be reading lots and lots of books). My wife did not pass the first time...after taking janes course however she easily passed it the second time. Good luck!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

100 months ago

I think you should go back to dental school. there are some dental shool that accept foreign graduate dentist. every school have different pre requisite. For temporary, dental hygiene is help, to get money quickly.

Nicole in Houston, Texas

100 months ago

Choosing a career and wanting to becaome a dental hygenist. I have hep c antibodys, will these disqualify me for hire in Texas????
Please fill me in!

hugo in Dallas, Texas

100 months ago

Elena in Sarasota, Florida said: Hey guys,
thanks!

i want some info how to get the dh , i heard that there its a program where foreings can revalidate geting a few test and a short course, somebody could give me some info please ironbox999@gmail.com thanxxx

100 months ago

hi elena
I m also apearing in law exam and using note by Jane. I m looking for patient and instruments.
Be in touch U can reach me At
kdsinghdr@yahoo.com

DH student in San Diego, California

100 months ago

Josefina in San Diego, California said: yes su can challenge the National Hygiene board and then the Florida state board and becvome a Hygienist in the state of Florida

Hey Josefina! I see you are from San Diego too. Can I ask where you went to school? Thanks!

100 months ago

Saunie Krewson, RDH in Los Angeles, California said: I lived in Georgia and I could not understand simple directions from some southerners because of their accent, such trashing of the English language made me sick. Got your leg!!
If he can't be understood, maybe wasim daoud could practice without problem for people who speak his first language.

QUOTE who="Charlie in Norcross, Georgia"]Agreed. When I was taught customer relations we were advised that one must be polite and respectful to a client and to foster confidence from the customer. I ask you, what sort of "chair-side manner" and confidence do you think "wasim daoud" would elicit from patients? Would you let him put his fingers in YOUR mouth?

That trashing of the English language that Jerry refers to is about as unpleasant as seeing the dentist picking his nose would be to my eyes.

Hey Saunie! Do you mind me asking you where you went to school?
I am looking at schools in your area. Thanks a bunch!

100 months ago

Luz in San Diego, California said: Do You still have the dental decks and Kaplan guide book for sale? if not can you please guide me and tell me where can I by it from?

Hey Luz!
WHere did you go to school? I am from SD, but there is only one very crowded school down here. I don't really know what to do except maybe move, but im not sure i want to because im only 17. Thanks for your help.

100 months ago

kd in Oakland, California said: hi elena
I m also apearing in law exam and using note by Jane. I m looking for patient and instruments.
Be in touch U can reach me At
kdsinghdr@yahoo.com

Hey kd! I have been asking CA RDH's where they went to school so that i can find a good school to go to. I will probably have to go to the LA area, and i was wondering if you went to school around there. or maybe the san fransisco area. THanks!!!!

hugo in Dallas, Texas

100 months ago

josefina do u have th links how to get in to the NB
ironbox999@gmail.com
if u have msn let me know i would like much more about the info
thanxx!!

tsika99 in Alexandria, Virginia

100 months ago

hi lauren,
unfortunately there is no other states accept foreign trained dentist as a dental hygienist....but if you keep searching you can find one...

tsika99 in Alexandria, Virginia

100 months ago

amy in Montclair, New Jersey said: i'd like to persue a career in dental hygiene, i have dental degree from oversease, just wonder if there are any follow international dentists out there who are working as dental hygienists now, what do u think about the change of the career, thank you.

due to circumstances i took dental hygiene..and been working as a dental hygienist....i'm also a foreign trained denstist...this is a great job and you will love more than just dentistry...there is a lot of challenges especially you will be focusing more on perio cases....

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

100 months ago

tsika99 in Alexandria, Virginia said: due to circumstances i took dental hygiene..and been working as a dental hygienist....i'm also a foreign trained denstist...this is a great job and you will love more than just dentistry...there is a lot of challenges especially you will be focusing more on perio cases....

I agree with you, it is a great great job, clean a clean teeth.

kaushik in Southfield, Michigan

100 months ago

lol i too agree its a wonderful job. specially whne u are hygiene conscious.
and are not money minded.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

sej002 in San Francisco, California

100 months ago

Hi can u telll me if u can apply for dental hygiene clinical exam. Any hhelp will be appreciated

sej002 in San Francisco, California

100 months ago

Hi
sorray i meant to ask if giving the NBDE 1 was sufficent to apply for licensure in fluoride or do we need to give the NBDHE exam.

smaluk in Miami, Florida

100 months ago

Hi!
You have to take the National Dental Hygiene Boards first!

krunal1984 in Paterson, New Jersey

100 months ago

i am on stu8dent visa,f1.After compliting licence exam can we do job as a dental hygienist?what is procedure next after getting licence?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

100 months ago

hey PhungPham, if you want you can apply to the 2 yrs community college for dental hygiene program, and get RDH. Thsi is full time study, then you have to get loan to pay tuition and other xepences for your fammily.
We are in the same boat. English is chalenging when you have to deal with profesinalism. I am enjoy being a dental hygienist now. Good Luck!

smaluk in Miami, Florida

99 months ago

I thought in Minnesota it was easier to become a dentist when foreign trained?!

kd in San Francisco, California

99 months ago

in minnesota foreign trained dentist need not to go school but instead to pass clinical exam which is not easy.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  6  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.