foreign trained dentists

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (151 to 200 of 993)
Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next »   Last »

April Soemant in Richmond, Virginia

80 months ago

hey PhungPham, if you want you can apply to the 2 yrs community college for dental hygiene program, and get RDH. Thsi is full time study, then you have to get loan to pay tuition and other xepences for your fammily.
We are in the same boat. English is chalenging when you have to deal with profesinalism. I am enjoy being a dental hygienist now. Good Luck!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

smaluk in Miami, Florida

80 months ago

I thought in Minnesota it was easier to become a dentist when foreign trained?!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

kd in San Francisco, California

80 months ago

in minnesota foreign trained dentist need not to go school but instead to pass clinical exam which is not easy.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

krunal in Paterson, New Jersey

80 months ago

kd in San Francisco, California said: in minnesota foreign trained dentist need not to go school but instead to pass clinical exam which is not easy.

ya i heard abt that bt i thnk seats available is very less,its like 1 or 2.and for tht requirement is very high,,,we should have some experience also for that,,,,,,,do u have some more information abt this?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Luz in San Diego, California

80 months ago

In Minnesota, you do not need to go to school? just take la practical exam? but for what? dental Hygienist or Dentist?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Liza Siwa of Bahrain in Bremerton, Washington

80 months ago

I am currently working as a Licenced Dental Hygienist in Naval Support Activity here in Bahrain,and i am a graduate of Dentistry in Phillipines, is there any chance that i can get a job as a Dental Hygienist in the US without taking the same course.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Lidiya Andonova in Fort Lauderdale, Florida

80 months ago

Hello all of you foreign dentists. If you passed allready NBDHE part 1 and you plan to take clinical exam in Florida but you need some hours in prophylaxis performance let me know.We have to be at least 20 people in order to open for us course at Nova.My e-mail is lidi8a@yahoo.com I am waiting for your response Lidia

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

dentals in Brooklyn, New York

80 months ago

Lidiya Andonova in Fort Lauderdale, Florida said: Hello all of you foreign dentists. If you passed allready NBDHE part 1 and you plan to take clinical exam in Florida but you need some hours in prophylaxis performance let me know.We have to be at least 20 people in order to open for us course at Nova.My e-mail is lidi8a@yahoo.com I am waiting for your response Lidia

Hi, Lidia!
It is so nice to hear this.
I have passed part1 and have sent my application to Florida Board for clinical exam.Now I am waiting for them to let me know if I have enough of everything, if not, I will be joining you.
Keep me informed!
Thank you!

Dentals

neeraj kaushik in Southfield, Michigan

80 months ago

ya why not i m preparing and would like some feed back on this.
wanna keep it for use in future as i for sure wud need one.

regards

Neeraj

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

tsika99 in Alexandria, Virginia

80 months ago

Liza Siwa of Bahrain in Bremerton, Washington said: I am currently working as a Licenced Dental Hygienist in Naval Support Activity here in Bahrain,and i am a graduate of Dentistry in Phillipines, is there any chance that i can get a job as a Dental Hygienist in the US without taking the same course.

hi lisa,
sorry to say but unfortunately you are still considered as a foreigned trained dentist or dental hygienist(i would say).You could apply on certain state just like the others to become a licensed dental hygienist, otherwise you cant get a job without going thru the scrutiny of passing all the requirements or qualification of each states to become a dentist or hygienist besides you have to be a citizen or an immigrant first.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Ari in Woodbridge, New Jersey

80 months ago

Hi, I am a foreign dentist too and I would like to know if somebody has any information about how to become a dental hygienist here, in NJ.
Do you have to take an english exam for become a dental hygienist in Florida?
Thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

kd in San Francisco, California

80 months ago

you don't need to take english exam for hydienst progrem in FL.
what u need is NDBH exam law eam and clinical exam.

80 months ago

Of course you have to know English but You don't have to take any English exam which is related to the Board exam. Lidiya

Brunela in Surrey, British Columbia

80 months ago

Better know English really well, otherwise, you'll never pass the National Board Examamination.

YANY in Winter Garden, Florida

80 months ago

I need your help....I am a foreign dentist, and I am going to take the National Dental Hygiene Boards in Fl, but now I have to move to NJ. Can I work like dental hygienist there ? What I must to do? Thanks a lot for your answer.

richa in Tampa, Florida

80 months ago

hi, i think the best thing would be to call the board directly..
But if you get any info on that pls share it with us ,it will be helpful....

Joe in Monterey, California

79 months ago

Jackie in Vancouver, British Columbia said: FIRST OF ALL, LEARN HOW TO SPEAK AN WRITE CORRRECTLY ENGLIGH!!!!!!!

Jackie was trying to say,"First of all, learn how to speak and write in English correctly."

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Dr. Neeraj Kaushik in Southfield, Michigan

79 months ago

Joe in Monterey, California said: Jackie was trying to say,"First of all, learn how to speak and write in English correctly."

what to say when the creator is distroyer. LOL!!!!!

Anyway we must focus on helping people and getting helped rather criticizing and wasting time of our own and others.
well the solution of the problem obove mentioned was

they both take English craash course and get helped. so many links on web.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

79 months ago

Dr. Neeraj Kaushik in Southfield, Michigan said: what to say when the creator is distroyer. LOL!!!!!

Anyway we must focus on helping people and getting helped rather criticizing and wasting time of our own and others.
well the solution of the problem obove mentioned was

they both take English craash course and get helped. so many links on web.

Hi dear associates from all over the world please don't focus on English almost all of us have this problem. Let we gather together and try to solve our professional problems. this is the only way. Lidiya

79 months ago

By the time your english will be perfect.

79 months ago

hi lets change topic
any one became dentist, what were the problems how u used to study who helped you , how was yr moral boosting source,
did u study alone or in a group.
how long it took to prepare, what was the toughest question you remember,
which topic was the best suited and easy, what was the toough, how happy u were when u saw result, who congratulated you the first. do you remeber people who helped you in this journy, are you going to help mankind in future or become money hogger...lol funny
keep posted fellas it is a need of an hour,

cool got to study cya

spicegirl in Brooklyn, New York

79 months ago

i am a foreign trained dentist who graduated i 1989 can any one tell me the best thing to do for economical reason i live in ny and speak both english and spanish very well

Sabrina Sincere in Miami, Florida

79 months ago

Manuel in Winter Haven, Florida said: you have to pass national dental board part 2 also to be considered for hygiene clinical exam.OR you can pass natioal dental hygiene board which is very easy and u will be eligible for clinical exam.
English is not a requirement by board as mentioned in florida Dental Laws chapter 466 as u will be working under direct supervision of a dentist .
I work for a DENTIST who dont speak english, we provide excellent service and produce over 80,000 a month! Dentistry is an art and skill. keep moving.

Hi, my name is Sabrina and I'm a foreign dentist. I'm about to take the NBDE 2 and I'd like to know In what site you find the information that mention that after taking the NBDE 2 you can only pass the clinical part of the dental hygiene board to be an hygienist? Please write me soon.
Thanks a lot

79 months ago

hi sabrina after taking NBDE 2 YOU DONT NEED DENTAL HYGIENE BOARD U NEED CLINICAL IN FLORIDA AND WORK AS DENAL HYGIENIST

Sabrina Sincere in Miami, Florida

79 months ago

Hi,
Thanks a lot Dr for writing me. Would it be possible for you to send me a link that show this information for the dental hygiene licensure? Some colleagues of mine were having doubt about it and I would like to proove it to them. Also I'll be glad if you can tell me if you know anybody that prepare students for the clinical part?

79 months ago

Dr. Neeraj Kaushik in Southfield, Michigan said: hi lets change topic
any one became dentist, what were the problems how u used to study who helped you , how was yr moral boosting source,
did u study alone or in a group.
how long it took to prepare, what was the toughest question you remember,
which topic was the best suited and easy, what was the toough, how happy u were when u saw result, who congratulated you the first. do you remeber people who helped you in this journy, are you going to help mankind in future or become money hogger...lol funny
keep posted fellas it is a need of an hour,

cool got to study cya

Hey Dr, can you answer all questions by yourself ? I assume that you are one of foreign grduated dentist who success became DDS in US. Great Job. Please share with us.

feras khad in Memphis, Tennessee

79 months ago

hello lura
how are u doing laurs?im foreign trained dentist ,florida dental hygine exam candidate,want your good help in practical dental hygine exame which will held in 28 may 08,so please help me ...my e mail address is drfiras2001@gmail.com
thank you

Margelis in Wesley Chapel, Florida

79 months ago

Ana in Clearwater, Florida said: I am a foreign graduated dentist and I would like to take the NBDHE. I need to buy the decks and any other material that might help me get started. I was also trying to find a group study , not sure if there is such a thing. Please help

Hi Ana, I'm Margelis, I have dental hygiene decks, are almost new, let me know if you are interesting in that..!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

neerajkkaushik@gmail.com in Southfield, Michigan

79 months ago

Ana
when u are scheduled for test as i am also preparing and doing biochem nowadays let me know if u wanna discuss as group study parteners.

thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

79 months ago

any one who can tell me how can I get the information about laws and rules exam to dental hygiene..! please let me know about it, because I need to take that test now in may, and I don't have notting to read..! thanks

79 months ago

jr.dentist in Orlando, Florida said: hi..everyone..iam a foreign trained dentist..i want to write dental hygiene board exam for florida.. i would like to know if there is any way we can get material to prepare for the exam..thanx in advance..

Hey Jr..! I can help you, because I vave the dental hygiene decks, if you are interesting let me know..!

kd in Oakland, California

79 months ago

hi i m having latest notes for law exam.
conctact me at kdsinghdr@yahoo.com

mary in Manteca, California

79 months ago

kd in Oakland, California said: hi Elena
I m also in your position I m a foregin trained dentist and apearing for law and clinical exam this may june progame. I m also looking for prepration of law and clinical prepration and at same instruments. Do you some information about this?
a you can email--- kdsinghdr@yahoo.com

im a foreign trained dentist.working as RDA for 4 years. who already took the hygiene written test unfortunately has no luck. but still trying to take the test this july. can someone help me?any test questioner or books that it could help me to pass this test?anyone who already got the luck please share with me and thanks god bless!

dentals in Brooklyn, New York

79 months ago

Hi, Mary!

I am also FTD and have been working as a DA.
I passed Dental Hygiene written exam last July. It was not easy for me, since I was not preparing for it particularly.
There is a book-Dental Hygiene Review ( Caren. M Barenes and Michelle L.Sensat), that I was reading couple of days( because I had no time and was getting ready for NBDE part1) .
Luckily, I passed it( not great score, but it doesn’t matter). There are great books to prepare for this exam-Mosby's Comprehensive Review of Dental Hygiene and
Clinical Practice of the Dental Hygienist—by Esther M. Wilkins

HOPE THIS HELPS!
GOOD LUCK!

DENTALS

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

79 months ago

you nees help in NDBHE exam or Law exam or clinical exam?
kd

mary in Manteca, California

79 months ago

NDBHE exam. i took last year but i did not past. I am trying to get it again on July. I was wondering if you have any book that help you pass the exam that I can purchase from you. I was also wondering on the LAW exam is that something new and where are you taking that test in Florida is there any other state that accept foreign grads? Any pointers you can share would really a great help for me...
Where did you graduated from?

79 months ago

yes please, I would like to have that material..! let me know.

79 months ago

I need the material to laws and rules exam.

79 months ago

hi
I do have a study materials. You cantact me at kdsinghdr@yahoo.com

Monika in Woodland, California

78 months ago

Any Swedish trained dental hygienist now licensed in California.

I'm in CA now and willing to challenge the exams (National and practical exams) without having to go back to school. Is this possible?

Thank you

tellthetruth in Surrey, British Columbia

78 months ago

Hey Swedish person! Don't be lazy to go to school again. There are so many new things to learn that you did not learn in your country.In this life nothing is for free. I hope you won't be able to take the exams without going to school again.I've been to Dental School in another country for many years and still went to school again in the U.S., and there were sooooooo many new things that I had to learn to be able to pass the exams. Looks like there is an avalanche of professionals in this field heading to the U.S., from other countries, to work as dental hygienist.
My opinion is that U.S. citizens should be given priority and, if there is lack of candidates, then foreigners could be selected. The "party" is just too much!!!

78 months ago

Thank God that nobody asks for your opinion because you don't deserve to be asked

martine meyigre in Yaoundé, Cameroon

78 months ago

hello, i am an oversea dentis .i am wondering if after taking the exam of dental hygienist in florida(i have not yet apply for it) i will be abble to change my visa from visitor to work there, what is the step to take.because before apply an write the exam i will like to be sure that it will serve for somethink...thanks

78 months ago

hi I don't think you can work or it can help you in changing your status. To convert vistor to H1 status one need bachalor degree but dental hygienst is an associate degree which may not help you in changing your staus. Don't get depressed just you conform this from a law firm.

78 months ago

there are some bachelor degree for dh, i just got it.

martine meyigre in Yaoundé, Cameroon

78 months ago

please help me understand better what to do.
what do you call bachelor degree? and what to do to have it? where can i find it?

tellthetruth in Surrey, British Columbia

78 months ago

If you have access to the internet, just type the word "bachelor's degree" meaning, duh? As far as I know, it means a master degree that lasts 4 years, like, Registered Nurse, Dentistry, Psycology,Law, etc

Dental in Toronto, Ontario

78 months ago

Martine meyigre maybe try to learn English a little more just becuase it may help you with translations.

Can I ask if you are a dentist would you not know what a bachelors degree is? In your country did you not obtain a degree in dentistry?

dr khad in Memphis, Tennessee

78 months ago

hello yes me too im dentist candidate for dental hygiene exam after one months but i have question that what is the materialof exam?any one can help how to take patient s.....my e mail is drfiras2001@gmail.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

dr khad in Memphis, Tennessee

78 months ago

wasim daoud in Flushing, New York said: i am a forign detest i have all my docement to aprooved big experians in usa as dental asisstant and detest in my countery also i pass national dental board part one i like to have higenest licence in florida please inform me if iam qualifed and what are your requirment thank you

yes man camon my e mail is drfiras2001@gmail.com

Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.