How many days should I wait to re-send my resumes.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (3)

hc4426 in Brunswick, Georgia

38 months ago

Hello, I am a recent grad. I have hand delivered my resume to pretty much every dental office in my town. My question is how long should I wait before going back to each office to give my resume out again??

While I am giving out resumes I do ask if they are hiring. None of them are so I tell them I can fill in. After one month I have filled in once, and had a working interview. Can anyone give me any tips on how to get offices to want to use me as fill in?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

exp in Exeter, New Hampshire

38 months ago

hc4426 in Brunswick, Georgia said: Hello, I am a recent grad. I have hand delivered my resume to pretty much every dental office in my town. My question is how long should I wait before going back to each office to give my resume out again??

While I am giving out resumes I do ask if they are hiring. None of them are so I tell them I can fill in. After one month I have filled in once, and had a working interview. Can anyone give me any tips on how to get offices to want to use me as fill in?

Hello, It's tough in the DH field now, as we can see by what you've just posted. Are you on a Temp Ag list at all? Some have put a freeze on hiring any if no experience, but keep trying. Also, meet with an agency if possible to give them your resume and put a "face" with it. Sometimes it works, worth looking in to. I would call any of the offices that do have the occasional fill-in, mind you...they want speed, most prophy's , etc. work on a 45min.- 1hour schedule. Do you have any DA skills? Or are you willing to gopher to get into an office to see the running of their practice(s)? See if they are willing to have you come in and shadow or assist in other capacities. GL P.S. If you are able to obtain a license in a nearby state (if you are close enough to travel/decent driving time), I'd recommend looking into that too.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

RDHCJ in Connecticut

30 months ago

Do NOT go back to the same offices to hand out your resumes again! That will make you look desperate and annoying to the office staff. Always ask them to keep it on hand if anything opens up in the future. Most likely they would have kept your last resume. Only resend an office your resume if they have a job opening and you are applying to it. Or wait 2+ years to regive your resume IF you have much more experience you can add to the resume. Don't just give them the SAME resume again or you will annoy them.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.