How much does the average Dental Assistant make?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1 to 50 of 70)
Page:   1  2  Next »   Last »

Danielle in Perris, California

96 months ago

I have been assisting for about 4 years. I am not a RDA. I have my CPR license, X Ray license, and am experienced in ortho. I am able to perform everything except polishing. I am also able to do all the front office jobs except billing. How much should I be making in Hemet or Riverside County? I need peoples input here. I just got offered a job at $12 and I know people that are getting $17. What is the going rate here?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (436) / No (171) Reply - Report abuse

Joan in Rockville, Maryland

86 months ago

dre in Calgary, Alberta said: but i also heard that wages are alot lower in the states! my friend has been working for 2 years and makes 25!

I have been working as a Dental assistant for 17 years, Both General and Ortho.What is the going rate in Maryland?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (191) / No (107) Reply - Report abuse

urania in Greenbelt, Maryland

85 months ago

I would like to know the going rate in Maryland also. I am considering taking the courses but dont wont to if the pay is less than what I am currently making as a phleb.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (127) / No (56) Reply - Report abuse

d.a in l.a. in Laverne, Oklahoma

71 months ago

I am wanting to move to New Braunfels, Tx. I have been a RDA for four years. In OK. I have my coronal polishing, x-ray and sealants certificates. I know they won't transfer to Tx. I wonder how easy it is to get a job and how much the pay might be.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (48) / No (19) Reply - Report abuse

carolina in Arlington, Texas

70 months ago

i live in austin, texas, i started of externing at $6.00! YES! $6.00! But ive heard some start externing at nothin... well ive been at the same private single doctor practice i externed at for 4yrs... i am now making $16.00hr... i know i could be makin more with my experience, i am the only assistant... i do everything front office, everythin back office, chairside, and cleaning the 2 opt. office... my office is a close-knit small business family.. jus the doc, his wife whose the hygienist/receptionist, and me... at times i Think i should leave and make more money else where.. but i am loyal to my office and feel in the end itll all pay off....

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (21) / No (16) Reply - Report abuse

Suzanne in Terre Haute, Indiana

70 months ago

Friend of my daughter's just stopped in and was hired this morning as a DA for $10/hour 24-30 hours a week with no benefits. She said dr told her he takes unexpected family time and she will not be paid when he does so. She has 2 years of experience. This is a sad outcome as she spent $15K for her training. She currently works part-time at Menards and makes $11.50/hour there. She tried to negotiate and he wouldn't even match that and told her he has a stack of resumes to choose. Is assisting headed down the same road as hygiene?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (25) / No (17) Reply - Report abuse

exp in Epping, New Hampshire

70 months ago

Suzanne in Terre Haute, Indiana said: Friend of my daughter's just stopped in and was hired this morning as a DA for $10/hour 24-30 hours a week with no benefits. She said dr told her he takes unexpected family time and she will not be paid when he does so. She has 2 years of experience. This is a sad outcome as she spent $15K for her training. She currently works part-time at Menards and makes $11.50/hour there. She tried to negotiate and he wouldn't even match that and told her he has a stack of resumes to choose. Is assisting headed down the same road as hygiene?

Hi Suzanne! That seems HIGH for D.A. training...up here in the North, training is around $2,000-4,000+ for it. If she is working for this Dr....it's an "INCOME", but I would advise her to look in the papers and online on a daily basis...could help...but, this Dr. also sounds like an ..., so , make sure she plays nice and does all in that office, and then also, if she can work through a temp. ag. and or other Dr.'s office to "suppliment" her work experience, and hopefully...in the course of events...she finds a nice practice.....P.S. Did you go forward with letters, etc, CERTIFIED to that ....? Hang in there...I still think you would be a great Lawyer...and or D.H. advocate...WITH PAY!!!!! Exp

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (14) / No (9) Reply - Report abuse

70 months ago

Yes, I sent my certified letter yesterday (to the corporate office) and enclosed the blank offer letter. I expressed regret and confusion about the lack of returned communication with the OM and wished them the best with their new practice. Should be interesting to see if I even get a response.
My daughter attended the same school as her friend. I have a Parent Plus loan I'm paying on for her that was $6700 and she has about the same in Stafford loans. Plus the school got about $3500 in a Pell grant. So that's what it cost her for the DA training. It was Kaplan College in Indianapolis. Expanded is $5000 extra. We didn't go for that. My daughter regrets it immensly. So does her friend. But for Terre Haute, I know asst's who have as many years exp as I do and they only make $12 or so an hour. The pay here literally is an insult. When you can go to McDonalds and make $9.50 to start with insurance it's hard to convince the kids to go to college. CNA's make $8 an hour. That's what my neice is doing and she works harder than I ever did. I wouldn't be surprised if her friend quit dental altogether and went fulltime with Menards, if she can.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (9) Reply - Report abuse

70 months ago

Suzanne in Terre Haute, Indiana said: Yes, I sent my certified letter yesterday (to the corporate office) and enclosed the blank offer letter. I expressed regret and confusion about the lack of returned communication with the OM and wished them the best with their new practice. Should be interesting to see if I even get a response.
My daughter attended the same school as her friend. I have a Parent Plus loan I'm paying on for her that was $6700 and she has about the same in Stafford loans. Plus the school got about $3500 in a Pell grant. So that's what it cost her for the DA training. It was Kaplan College in Indianapolis. Expanded is $5000 extra. We didn't go for that. My daughter regrets it immensly. So does her friend. But for Terre Haute, I know asst's who have as many years exp as I do and they only make $12 or so an hour. The pay here literally is an insult. When you can go to McDonalds and make $9.50 to start with insurance it's hard to convince the kids to go to college. CNA's make $8 an hour. That's what my neice is doing and she works harder than I ever did. I wouldn't be surprised if her friend quit dental altogether and went fulltime with Menards, if she can.

Hi Suzanne, That seems "high $" for "D.A." training...is/are they looking into Nursing, or other med. fields now? It seems that the cost for training and the hourly pay is all screwed up...In the N.E., training for D.A.: $2-5,000 and hourly rate ? 12-20 hourly, of course the D.A. is the right hand for the Dr. and thus I think they are not as expendable as we are...The higher range (16+-20 for a D.A.) is for the select few who REALLY organize the Dr.'s "mess"....we know about the slobs....I have found a little more temp. employment for the next month, but it is only temp., but again I found a nice Dr., but pay is reduced too by 5-6 bucks, nice office, older, but at least he picked me over the many resumes that are on the desk...for the short time...yah! $ for bills! Exp

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

70 months ago

Suzanne, Before you sent all the paperwork out , did you make copies....just in case....Have a nice day...Exp

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

70 months ago

exp,
yes I did! Just checking my email to see if anything from them before bedtime. Thought they might have gotten back with me since they "may" have needed me on the 30th and that's tomorrow! Nothing like giving a person notice :).
Have a good Monday.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

69 months ago

Suzanne in Terre Haute, Indiana said: exp,
yes I did! Just checking my email to see if anything from them before bedtime. Thought they might have gotten back with me since they "may" have needed me on the 30th and that's tomorrow! Nothing like giving a person notice :).
Have a good Monday.

Hi Suzanne, Well, I guess they don't need an R.D.H. that bad...
Smart move on your part...I wish I knew of a practice up here in the N.E....that I didn't look into....but if you ever move up here and want to know who's good and/or not....I've seen alot of both...let me know of the journey North! Exp

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Jaris in Peabody, Massachusetts

59 months ago

I just started about 2 weeks ago to work at a dental office. Im a CDA since Sept 8th, 2010. Im getting paid $18 per hour. He explain to me that he would pay me this amount since I do not have any previous working experience, so i believe CDA earn much more here. I live in Massachusetts.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

RDH in Calgary, Alberta

59 months ago

The assistants at my office make 20-30 an hour.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (10) Reply - Report abuse

Jessica in Hayward, California

59 months ago

RDH in Calgary, Alberta said: The assistants at my office make 20-30 an hour.

Wow 20-30/hr? that's really good as a DA! Should it be a career I look into? I want to be a dental hygienist though, but I think if I'm not getting in the program, I probably will do DA first and reapply. Keep my fingers crossed!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No (15) Reply - Report abuse

rdh in Calgary, Alberta

59 months ago

Jessica in Hayward, California said: Wow 20-30/hr? that's really good as a DA! Should it be a career I look into? I want to be a dental hygienist though, but I think if I'm not getting in the program, I probably will do DA first and reapply. Keep my fingers crossed!

Calgary and the province of Alberta are an exception when it comes to level of pay for dental professionals. The front desk people at my office make 20-25 an hour. This is not the norm for rest of Canada. Most assistants make 12-18 an hour in most areas.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

collegegirl209 in Modesto, California

59 months ago

Angel said: Does anyone know how much RDH make in california? How the job market for hygienist

@Angel - I'm in Calif. (northern) and hygienists make a lot of money here... I think about $70-80K a year. I am looking into it and emailed some faculty at one of the programs this afternoon. I wanted to know if having dental ASSISTING exp before applying to the hygiene program would make a dif and she said that it would help. So even though assisting is lower pay (a lot it seems sometimes, depending) I'm going to do it, work in the field and finish up my pre-reqs and apply for the hygiene program. That's the current plan anyway. :-)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (10) Reply - Report abuse

TTM in Prince Rupert, British Columbia

59 months ago

It's incredible how much work a dental assistant does.u have been a chairside assistant for a couple years! I love the job an I am happy at the end of the day that the patient left smiling! The thing is I'm not certified yes I know you all say you don't like it .also the thing is I am really thinking of hygienist I really am :) I know they make great money but I really wanna do something I love I really am going to talk to the hygienist at my work also I hear from hygienists that its the same thing everyday its boring? But there helping in there own way I would think .if there are spelling mistakes sorry I'm on my iPhone.I am currently making 12$ a hour an after 3 month probation we negotiate a wage.wonder how they will do it? I notice alot of people in bc are not getting the wages they should be getting.an we have to deal with all the dentists sh*t am the work is hate an I'm not certified I wish I was.now I'm really thinking of my career thanks to you guys :) also I get what you guys mean I am strict with my mouth an someone who didn't know what they were doing I would be like ugh I'm outta here lol,I was lime that once upon a time now I know what I'm doing! An I wasn't just off the street. :) out hygiene ladys/men make really good money thank you fir sharing your stories everyone

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

CMD in San Diego, California

56 months ago

Im going to school soon for Dental assisting/ Orthodontist assistant. Do they make the same amount of money?What type of places are best to work at? Small offices, large offices?
Does anyone know what extra skills i will need to get a job?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (19) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

56 months ago

Indeed Admin in Stamford, Connecticut said: Hello Everyone,

Thank you for joining the Indeed forums!

If you would like to know more about the average salary range for dental assistants, or any job for that matter, just use the Indeed.com Salary tool.
www.indeed.com/salary

Just type in the job, keyword or position you want to know more about and the area you're interested in and click "View Salary" to see the salary for your search and other related terms. Here's a search I did for "Dental Assistants"
www.indeed.com/salary?q1=dental+assistant&l1=&tm=1

I hope this helps!

Sincerely,

Indeed Admin

Your info. is NOT accurate as to the RDH salary...many are not recieving pay that they did (hourly or yearly) that they did 2-3yrs. ago...you are also making a guess of salary based on what info. from where? If you look on here you will see many , due to the oversaturation are not finding set work and the pay is moving backwards...we are not in demand anymore...many for the Dr.'s to choose from and thus not being paid for our skills and experience...I do work, but because of the MANY it can easily be adjusted down, because, they can let RDH's go now and get a replacement for 5-10 less...reality it is/heyday is gone. Very sad about this predicament...no reversal in sight for many years.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

JJ nissen in Boxholm, Iowa

56 months ago

how much can i excpect to make in iowa after graduation?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

kimbo in Amarillo, Texas

55 months ago

Assistants here in TX start off @ $10-$12... not too shabby.. I guess..but then again the cost of living in a small city makes living alot cheaper..

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

alex in Walpole, Massachusetts

54 months ago

I am a CDA in the boston area and I make $23 an hour. I have been a CDA for 11 years!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

exp in Newmarket, New Hampshire

52 months ago

ladybgreen14 in Oceanside, California said: just wanted to know if anyone knows how much money DA makes in oceanside cali because im graduating from high school in a few weeks need to know whats going to help me pay for becoming an ASL IT?

Check with a temp agency. Also, ask the instructors at your program and fellow students what they've been offered if they have positions yet...also , check a "DA website"...they have threads / conversations about DA's...this is an RDH page...different pay, ben's etc.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Lora in Portland, Oregon

52 months ago

ladybgreen14 in Oceanside, California said: just wanted to know if anyone knows how much money DA makes in oceanside cali because im graduating from high school in a few weeks need to know whats going to help me pay for becoming an ASL IT?

I used to live in San Diego. The area pays very low to DAs and RDAs. It's hard to find a job also. DAs make from $8 to 17 an hour. RDAs $14-20. Only few offices pay more than $20 an hour for RDAs with years of experience.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Michelle in Cypress, Texas

52 months ago

I have a BA in Interior Design, I did six months of dental assistant work in Hawaii with no experience before I went off to school for Interior Design. Interior Design is not doing so hot and the BA degree isn't helping me get a job period making more than 11 per hour. Will the BA help me get on as hygienist? I will need to go back to school but will the BA help you think? I am still paying of the loans for that degree and don't want to make another mistake by going back to school for something that will not help.

Any suggestions?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

30 year vet in Lakeside, California

52 months ago

rdh4 in Victoria, British Columbia said: I wouldn't go into DH now. The market is saturated and wages are going down. Few to no benefits. Workplaces can be cutthroat and plagued with inter-office politics. I'd recommend that you try anything else. If you're not sure of what you'd like to do, spend the bucks and see a career counselor and/or do aptitude testing and an interest inventory. Think about what you really like to do, where your natural talents lie, what you do easily and could keep doing without a second thought, and what would keep you interested and exploring and thinking while you work. Hygiene can be a dead-end job. Beforehand I would have said to go into it and use it as a stepping-stone ($$) to get another, better job. But one can't rely on it as a reliable source of income any more, and, the tuition fees are ridiculous. So really do your research: ask people in different fields about their jobs, see if you can job-shadow, and take a good, honest look at yourself and your likes/dislikes. Best of luck!

Well said rdh4 in Victoria. Seriously--just perfect--- an appointment with a career counsellor, some job shadowing, aptitude testing...excellent. Ask yourself what are you passionate about....? What keeps you up at night or things you dream about doing....possibly doing for others....?? Not just something you'd do for the money...?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Michelle in Cypress, Texas

52 months ago

Thank you for the quick reply. That is great advice! I am honestly very passionate about sustainability and conservation. My dream job would be working with animals. I have a specific love for endangered wild cat species. I watch planet green and animal planet religiously. I have tried over and over to find jobs in the interior design field dealing with sustainable living. I even want an off the grid home some day. There just are not enough jobs for this. Those jobs are usually hiring engineers for the renewable energy plants. I tried applying to sustainable homes to help design them but there isn't enough demand. I even tried the zoo but must have prior experience working with animals and is also very competitive. I will check out the counseling. Thanks!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

30 year vet in Lakeside, California

52 months ago

Michelle in Cypress, Texas said: Thank you for the quick reply. That is great advice! I am honestly very passionate about sustainability and conservation. My dream job would be working with animals. I have a specific love for endangered wild cat species. I watch planet green and animal planet religiously. I have tried over and over to find jobs in the interior design field dealing with sustainable living. I even want an off the grid home some day. There just are not enough jobs for this. Those jobs are usually hiring engineers for the renewable energy plants. I tried applying to sustainable homes to help design them but there isn't enough demand. I even tried the zoo but must have prior experience working with animals and is also very competitive. I will check out the counseling. Thanks!

Hi Michelle,
One thing that you could try doing is volunteering for a day in an animal shelter...or for a weekly visit doing whatever for 6 weeks in an animal shelter---walking dogs or cleaning stalls or something--just for the experience. As far as sustainable living---look into xeroscaping----sustainable landscaping--low impact on the environment, but beautiful landscaping....dealing with water conservation and yet beautifying the landscape. Just some ideas....volunteering within areas of interest, even just for a day or once a week for 3 weeks or something....sometimes exposes you to new ideas.... I would definately check into vet assisting too....I have some friends who STILL LOVE THEIR job after many years of working with animals....

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

KJ in Phoenix, Arizona

52 months ago

Brooke in Queen Creek, Arizona said: Does anybody know how much D.A. Make in Arizona?

Well I was making anywhere from $16 to $18 in Tempe. Now I'm only making $13 in Prescott

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

monsoon in Houston, Texas

52 months ago

how much does dental hygenist make in houston, tx???does it have a wide scope??

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

exp in Exeter, New Hampshire

52 months ago

monsoon in Houston, Texas said: how much does dental hygenist make in houston, tx???does it have a wide scope??

It doesn't matter the scope if you can't find employment due to the oversaturation by school enrollment and it doesn't equal job opp's . Go another course of career. DH is expensive and the reality of steady, feasible, regular employment don't add up to the cost of school. DA is a better route if you only want dental for the benefits, job opps, benefits....or go for DENTAL = the Dr. GL in your research...many on here are giving their insight, experiences, work situations, etc...tough road for the TOO many in our field now .

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

kaysmitty in Gainesville, Georgia

49 months ago

Danielle in Perris, California said: I have been assisting for about 4 years. I am not a RDA. I have my CPR license, X Ray license, and am experienced in ortho. I am able to perform everything except polishing. I am also able to do all the front office jobs except billing. How much should I be making in Hemet or Riverside County? I need peoples input here. I just got offered a job at $12 and I know people that are getting $17. What is the going rate here?

only $12 an hour?? is thats goodd or badd.??

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

in Phoenix , Arizona in Mesa, Arizona

48 months ago

Hello people im studying Dental Assistant ,almost going to graduate, i live in Phoenix Arizona, if theres any DA that lives here around this area in AZ you guys know the best are or at least a city that pays good for DA like scottsdale or something like that ive heard that salaries depend on the area you apply too and some other factors. Thank you

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Diana in Phoenix, Arizona

48 months ago

dre in Calgary, Alberta said: i make $21 and i have been working for 1 year

what certificates do you have? because i want to make sure i'll b getting paid with a fair rate.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

48 months ago

karen in Denver, Colorado said: I have been assisting around 25 years and I am not RDA or CDA they really didn't offer this kind of stuff when I graduated except Xray license. Over the years Dr.'s never seem to care about RDA or CDA it never stopped me from getting a job. I make around 24.00 an hr here in CO. I moved here 5 years ago. I must move to AZ for my child and need to know should I become CDA and if so how do I take a brush up course to prepare me for the CDA exam? Also I see stuff about coronal polishing??? Could I get a job with my experience? Maybe figure out testing later?

Hi, Karen.

I'm currently taking a dental assisting program at Estrella Mountain Community College. It's at Avondale, Arizona. The tuition for the program is only $1,199 and only lasts for 12 weeks (3 months). Some programs have a tuition of $4,000 for 3 months also. So far, the school I go to is the cheapest and fastest I know. Your experience is more than excellent. If you take the CDA (you don't have to be an RDA in Arizona) exam, my estimate is you will be paid about $15 to $28 an hour. However, it's best to look into websites for salary ranges. After getting your CDA, you can also go for EFDA (Extended Function Dental Assistant) and get paid even more. Your experience is key. You can practically get as many certificates as you want. Here in AZ, they usually look for people with certificates and experience.

Hope this helps. :)

Diana

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Lora in La Jolla, California

48 months ago

Diana in Phoenix, Arizona said: If you take the CDA (you don't have to be an RDA in Arizona) exam, my estimate is you will be paid about $15 to $28 an hour.

$28 an hour in Arizona!!!??? You estimate is very far from reality. Do your search again.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

48 months ago

That's why I also said to look for salaries in the websites because I'm not so sure. They've showed me different salary ranges and that was one of the highest i've seen. I went through many different websites. It all depends on your experience and certificates. Go to dentalassistantstudies.com. That was one of the websites that was thorough about salaries. They explain different status of dental assistants and how their salaries differ. It also said, "There is a $2 difference in someone who is non-certified compared to a dental assistant who IS certified." :)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

rmina in Oakville, Ontario

47 months ago

im make 27

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

romina in Oakville, Ontario

47 months ago

i know lots of girls that are getting 25-27 dont sell yourself short cost of living is going up ladies

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

47 months ago

in Phoenix , Arizona in Mesa, Arizona said: Hello people im studying Dental Assistant ,almost going to graduate, i live in Phoenix Arizona, if theres any DA that lives here around this area in AZ you guys know the best are or at least a city that pays good for DA like scottsdale or something like that ive heard that salaries depend on the area you apply too and some other factors. Thank you

So what would be the best salary amount to put for job applications? I'm thinking 15 an hr but idk if that's good enough or if it's asking too much. I don't have the CDA certificate yet. I'm going to take the RHS and ICE exams soon and work 2 years full time so I can go for the CDA certificate.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

exp in Exeter, New Hampshire

47 months ago

Diana in Phoenix, Arizona said: So what would be the best salary amount to put for job applications? I'm thinking 15 an hr but idk if that's good enough or if it's asking too much. I don't have the CDA certificate yet. I'm going to take the RHS and ICE exams soon and work 2 years full time so I can go for the CDA certificate.

Look on the Dental Assisting forum for the state and /or experience you have, also, call agencies in those states...they would be able to give you helpful info. too.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Nikki

47 months ago

I've seen between $10 to $20 an hour

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Megan in Shelbyville, Indiana

46 months ago

I just finished dental assisting school at Kaplan college in Indianapolis. I am currently doing my externsips.... I live near Franklin and was wondering if anyone could tell me how much to expect to make starting?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

46 months ago

Well, here in Phoenix, AZ, I saw that some employers posted hourly rates on jobing.com of about $15-$20. One of them posted that they needed a person that had at least 1 yr of experience and said that they would pay them $14-$20. I guess you can kinda figure out how much you'd be making for someone who has 4 yrs of experience. Hope this helped :). You can also look in craigslist.com of how much some employers are willing to pay dental assistants, or in your case, an RDA.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Dawn.Litman in Grove City, Ohio

46 months ago

I am a senior in high school and am eligible to become a part time dental assistant the second semester of the year. How much money would i be making an hour? I have my CPR license & X-ray license.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

DM in Jackson,Tn. in Waverly, Tennessee

46 months ago

Jessica in Hayward, California said: Wow 20-30/hr? that's really good as a DA! Should it be a career I look into? I want to be a dental hygienist though, but I think if I'm not getting in the program, I probably will do DA first and reapply. Keep my fingers crossed!

Wow, that's more like the hygenist make in our area 20-30 an hour closer to 30.00, I wouldn't encourage anyone into dental asst. anymore , go for the hygenist or go into a medical field at least you usually have benefits in medical.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Cerritos College grad in Placentia, California

46 months ago

The lazy RDA at my practice makes $23/hr. I'm not sure if she received benefits though.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

Dentalist in Newark, New Jersey

46 months ago

Cerritos College grad in Placentia, California said: The lazy RDA at my practice makes $23/hr. I'm not sure if she received benefits though.

What?! That's a lot! I was an ortho RDA for over 6 1/2 years in Orange County,CA , and I never made that!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Becky025 in Rancho cucamonga, California

46 months ago

I have been working for 4 yrs now as a dental assistant and expanded my knowledge by learning to bill and doing treatment coordination. I have been working for the same employer for those 4 years and I do everything from the reception to billing to presenting treatment plans to assisting. My question is how much should I be getting paid? I now get paid $12 and that is because I asked for a raise a couple months ago. I feel I am worth way more than this due to the fact that I know so much and my value has gone up but I don't want to go and ask for a raise that will make me look like a fool. I need help pls I am not aware of how much an insurance biller or treatment coordinators rate is and I am not a pro either but I know very much to do the job.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (23) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Page:   1  2  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.