need full time position in michigan

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1 to 50 of 156)
Page:   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

Kerrie Holiday in Southfield, Michigan

91 months ago

I am a single mom. I have been practicing hygiene since 1992. I have been working in an office full-time since 2001 but my hours were reduced from 40 to 32 hours then 24 and may be possibly cut again. My office is a periodontal practice that is corporately owned. I love doing hygiene and want a stable job. I have been temping and doing all kinds of jobs to make ends meet. Anyone out there who needs a reliable, hard-working, dedicated hygienist please respond.
Desperately seeking employment
Kerrie

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (21) / No (15) Reply - Report abuse

Ben RDH, in Baltimore, Maryland

91 months ago

I am from Michigan. To be honest, I would move. Everyone in Michigan is desparate. The jobs have moved abroad and no one can afford dentistry. Many states are desperatly seeking you! If you temp in MD, every practice you walk into is looking to hire you. This is true in many states. MD temp wage $43.75 hour. private practice 37-45 per hour. If your determined to stay, you will still need to move to an area less effected by the current events that have put Michigan as the poorest economy in the US this last year. The only US state on a downhill in 2006, if i am not mistaken.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

Barton in Carmi, Illinois

91 months ago

Does anyone know what the job demand is in Western North Carolina (Burke, Caldwell, Catawba, McDowell county areas) are for Dental Hygienist? I am interested in the that career.
Thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Kelly Jo Matuszewski in Bay City, Michigan

89 months ago

I am a recent graduate from Ferris State University in Big Rapids, Michigan. I am interested in finding a hygiene job and I do not mind relocating anywhere in Michigan.

Please let me know if you are interested and I will mail you my resume. My email address is KellyJo84@aol.com.

Thank you.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

Jenny Kreh in Midland, Michigan

89 months ago

What a small world! Kelly, I graduated from high school with your sister Dacia! So, I just graduated from Delta's hygiene program and I'm feeling your pain! It's almost impossible to find a RDH job even part-time in the tri-city area. I have heard that Grand Rapids and the surrounding area is pretty good. Also northern Michigan since there aren't any DH schools up there. All the girls that I graduated with that live up north have found jobs. Pretty much none of us in Bay City/Saginaw have had much luck, a little subbing here and there but that's it. It's harder for me to relocate because my husbands job is here, we own a house, and have children etc... But, if I am not working and making what I feel I deserve by next year, then I think we'll be putting our house up for sale and getting out of here too! That is if we can sell our house, since the market is so bad here! Tell Dacia I said hi! Thanks, Jenny Fritz

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Rose Michaels in Manchester, New Hampshire

86 months ago

Hi, I'm a dental hygienist with seven years of clinical experience plus have local anesthesia certification. In August I graduated from MSU with my bachelors degree in Health Studies. I have been doing RDH temp work in MI and in NH since my graduation. I would love to relocate back to the UP where I was born but I'm willing to relocate anywhere in MI.
Rose Michaels, RDH
Rosebudrdh@yahoo.com

olivia in Morganton, North Carolina

86 months ago

Barton in Carmi, Illinois said: Does anyone know what the job demand is in Western North Carolina (Burke, Caldwell, Catawba, McDowell county areas) are for Dental Hygienist? I am interested in the that career.
Thanks

Yes - I live in Catawba county and it is very grim. You will have a good chance if you can work in Charlotte - an hours drive. There are several rdh schools here and most within 1 hour. We just graduated 18 in May and I'm not sure how they are doing.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Dr. Gayle Thomas in Dearborn, Michigan

86 months ago

Kerrie Holiday in Southfield, Michigan said: I am a single mom. I have been practicing hygiene since 1992. I have been working in an office full-time since 2001 but my hours were reduced from 40 to 32 hours then 24 and may be possibly cut again. My office is a periodontal practice that is corporately owned. I love doing hygiene and want a stable job. I have been temping and doing all kinds of jobs to make ends meet. Anyone out there who needs a reliable, hard-working, dedicated hygienist please respond.
Kerrie

Hi!
Are you still looking for a job? We are a small family oriented dental practice in Dearborn Michigan currently looking for a hygienist and assistant to fill immediate open positions in our practice. If you are still looking for openings please call us at 313 274 9293 and leave your contact information and we'll give you a call back asap!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

Theresa C in Rochester, Michigan

86 months ago

Dr. Gayle Thomas in Dearborn, Michigan said: Hi!
Are you still looking for a job? We are a small family oriented dental practice in Dearborn Michigan currently looking for a hygienist and assistant to fill immediate open positions in our practice. If you are still looking for openings please call us at 313 274 9293 and leave your contact information and we'll give you a call back asap!

To Dr. Gayle Thomas: My name is Theresa C and I am a dental hygienist with 10 plus years experience. I am looking for a full or part time position and am willing to travel. I am also willing to do a working interview. The last position I held was 5 years with a Dr. in Eaton Rapids who recently died of a brain tumor. Please call me. I call me I left my number or your answering machine.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

86 months ago

Theresa C in Rochester, Michigan said: To Dr. Gayle Thomas: My name is Theresa C and I am a dental hygienist with 10 plus years experience. I am looking for a full or part time position and am willing to travel. I am also willing to do a working interview. The last position I held was 5 years with a Dr. in Eaton Rapids who recently died of a brain tumor. Please call me. I call me I left my number or your answering machine.

Thank you for leaving your number and I will be in touch with you ASAP. I appreciate your time to drop me a note.
Dr. Gayle Thomas
Cherry Dental
Dearborn, Michigan

Vicki Beatty RDH in Pinckney, Michigan

86 months ago

My name is Vicki Beatty, and recently my family moved into the Howell area after my husband accepted a new job. With our move I was forced to leave my previous practice of seven years, and find myself seeking employment in the area. I have been a Dental Hygienist for seven years and a dental assistant for three years. I have experience in the dental field both in private practice, and in a public health setting. If anyone knows of an opening, please email me at vickibeatty@charter.net thank you

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Lisa in Dearborn, Michigan

86 months ago

Vicki Beatty RDH in Pinckney, Michigan said: My name is Vicki Beatty, and recently my family moved into the Howell area after my husband accepted a new job. With our move I was forced to leave my previous practice of seven years, and find myself seeking employment in the area. I have been a Dental Hygienist for seven years and a dental assistant for three years. I have experience in the dental field both in private practice, and in a public health setting. If anyone knows of an opening, please email me at vickibeatty@charter.net thank you

If you are interested in Garden City area please fax resume to 734-522-7443. Thank You

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Lisa in Dearborn, Michigan

86 months ago

Kerrie Holiday in Southfield, Michigan said: I am a single mom. I have been practicing hygiene since 1992. I have been working in an office full-time since 2001 but my hours were reduced from 40 to 32 hours then 24 and may be possibly cut again. My office is a periodontal practice that is corporately owned. I love doing hygiene and want a stable job. I have been temping and doing all kinds of jobs to make ends meet. Anyone out there who needs a reliable, hard-working, dedicated hygienist please respond.
Kerrie

please fax your resume to 734-522-7443

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

85 months ago

PLease fax or mail your resume' to me at:

Cherry Dr. Dental
23044 Cherry Hill
Dearborn, Michigan
Dr. Gayle Thomas

Fax Number:

313-562-8933

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Malik Hider DDS in Dearborn, Michigan

85 months ago

Please call my office at 734-522-2180 for more information. Thank you Dr. Hider

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

MJSchooley in Auburn Hills, Michigan

85 months ago

I am a recent Dental Hygiene grad in Auburn Hills, MI looking for full time, part time or temp work. please get in touch :)

MJSchooley78@aol.com

85 months ago

MJSchooley in Auburn Hills, Michigan said: I am a recent Dental Hygiene grad in Auburn Hills, MI looking for full time, part time or temp work. please get in touch :)

MJSchooley78@aol.com

We'd ,ove to hear from you as we still have options open. Drop us a fax or better yet give us a call!

Marlene Bieniasz in Whitmore Lake, Michigan

85 months ago

Hi! I am a hygienist, mom, wife and all around easy going person with a strong desire to work more hours. I am a 2006 U of M grad, and have been practicing hygiene since July 06. I also have 13 years experience as an expanded functions dental assistant. I absolutely love what I do! I am experienced in local anesthesia, perio, pedo, ortho, and all aspects of the dental office team. Please email me mccnz@msn.com or respond here! Thanks for your consideration!

Theresa C in East Lansing, Michigan

85 months ago

My name is Theresa and I am a hygienist in the Rochester area. I have 10 plus years experience and lost my job when the dentist I was working for died of a brain tumor. I am looking for full or part-time work. I am also willing to accept a temporary or sub position. Please leave a reply in this forum and I will respond promptly.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

RDH with 2 years experience in Washington, District of Columbia

84 months ago

I have lived in the Washington, DC area for almost two years and have been working full-time for a general dentist and part-time for a prosthodontist. I would like to relocate to Michigan, but know the job market isn't good. I am in a lease here until July, but would be willing to break it and relocate sooner for a stable,full-time job. Closer to July, I am willing to accept full-time, part-time or even an extended leave position such as a maternity leave. If you currently have any openings, or know of a future one, please contact me.

SEPORZONDEK in Waterford, Michigan

84 months ago

I am looking for a part time, temporary, etc job in dental hygiene. Please contact me at:

seporzondek@msn.com

Thanks for any interest.

Kerrie Holiday in Birmingham, Michigan

84 months ago

Dr. Gayle Thomas in Dearborn, Michigan said: Hi!

I am so sorry I missed your response. If you are still in need of a hygienist, please contact me at 586 337 3200 or keep me in mind for any future openings. I appreciate the time you took to write back to me.

Kerrie Holiday in Birmingham, Michigan

84 months ago

Lisa in Dearborn, Michigan said: please fax your resume to 734-522-7443

Thank you for writing back to me. I think it is too late to be replying- I haven't been on this forum in awhile. I will still send my resume and hopefully you will consider me in any future hygiene openings.

DianeRDH in Dearborn Heights, Michigan

83 months ago

I just got laid off from a job that I had for five years.
I have 20 years experience and am looking for PT work
in the Dearborn/Dearborn Heights area.
I have experience in:
1. Hospital dentistry
2. Pediatric dentistry
3. Power Hygiene

would even be interested in temp. work
email me at dtaghura@yahoo.com
Thanks
Diane Hura

Nancy Swan in Trenton, Michigan

82 months ago

I am employed with a wonderful doctor
but a wonderful doctor who likes to have
an awful lot of play time, leaving me
with half my hours and a boy to put thru
Lawrence Tech! I am his only assistant
and I put my heart and soul into taking
care of him as well as the office. I'm
getting angry and scared at the same
time, I need to work. If theres a doctor
out there who needs a take charge kind
of girl, PLEASE call me. I have asked the
doctor to write me a letter of reccomenda-
tion!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Nancy Swan in Trenton, Michigan

82 months ago

Nancy Swan in Trenton, Michigan said: I am employed with a wonderful doctor
but a wonderful doctor who likes to have
an awful lot of play time, leaving me
with half my hours and a boy to put thru
Lawrence Tech! I am his only assistant
and I put my heart and soul into taking
care of him as well as the office. I'm
getting angry and scared at the same
time, I need to work. If theres a doctor
out there who needs a take charge kind
of girl, PLEASE call me. I have asked the
doctor to write me a letter of reccomenda-
tion!

Email me at lambchop236@live.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Erin Kornstadt in Grand Rapids, Michigan

82 months ago

I am a Dental Hygienist in the Grand Rapids/Holland area with local anesthesia certification. 3 years clinical experience. I am currently looking for full-time, part-time, or subbing. I am proficient in both EagleSoft and Dentrix Dental Software, working in paperless Dentistry. I have also worked with Schick, Dentrix, ScanX, and Trophy Digital Imaging Systems. I love Hygiene and love to learn from different dental practices! Please contact me at: ekornstadt@hotmail.com or reply here and I will respond promptly!

Thank you!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Ken in Grand Rapids, Michigan

82 months ago

My wife is a dental hygienist and is looking for work from 1-3 days a week. If any hygienist out there is looking to give up some of their hours to spend with their kids, my wife would be a great replacement for your office. She worked for 9 years at a dental office in Grand Rapids. After the "new wife" became the office manager, she terminated all but one of the dental office staff. My wife was the last person to be let go. SHE WAS ALSO 5 MONTHS PREGNANT WITH OUR 3RD CHILD. But that's in the past and the dentist was a great guy to work for.
She did temp recently and just loved it. She is willing to temp or listen to any other oppertunities. She can work anywhere from Grand Rapids to Ionia.
Looking for a great long term dental hygienist?
kenelway7@comcast.net

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

robin in Grand Blanc, Michigan

82 months ago

I am a RDH in the southern part of Mich. One year ago I accepted a new position in a new office. I had been employed by my previous employer for 12 years, who had called me twice in the past year asking me to come back. After the second call I talked to my new employer who offered me a $2.00 raise to stay. That's hard to turn down! This was 2 months ago. Two weeks ago my new employer laid me off, when asked why me and not the other hygienist in the office he said it was because I made the most money. I had a guaranteed job 2 months ago (in field where there are no jobs in my area or surrounding), my employer offered me more money to stay and then turned around and punished me with it. Is that right? I'm looking for a position (preferrably part-time) in my area. I'm also willing to sub. Any suggestions? Thank You. rouse5285@comcast.net

82 months ago

Why would he let you go for making him more money?
I don't get it. I was laid off due to automotive insurance changes. employees loosing their ins., taking buy outs ect. I'm still looking.

robin in Grand Blanc, Michigan

82 months ago

I did have the most production but I also made the most hourly wage. I think he used me to get his perio program on board. I used to do RPRS's 2,3 and sometimes 4 times a day, working through lunch and staying late at night. I don't get it either. Where's the loyalty?

Courtney in Saginaw, Michigan

82 months ago

I work only 2 and a half days a week. My doctor is also thinking of possible cuts. Give me some ideas to keep the practice going, or a job opportunity.

Nicole in Dearborn Heights, Michigan

82 months ago

Looking for a full or part time hygiene position, have 4 years of experience. I have just recently been laid off due to office being slow. Graduated from UDM. Please email nmcgraw@yahoo.com

82 months ago

wow me too. I was in my office for 5 yrs. It was surprising that this happened. I feel as though I just got a divorce and am back in the dating world.
LOL

82 months ago

only thing I can suggest is work on recalls. Dig up those patients that should've been in a year or two ago and haven't. You can't depend on New Patients, so you have to put a bug in current patients ears to keep their recalls for their dental health.

82 months ago

I guess finding a hygiene job in Michigan is very hard right now.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

82 months ago

It is especially if you need full time.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

82 months ago

sorry the right email address is nmcgraw12@yahoo.com
Please email if anyone is looking for a hygienist :)

Kristie RDH in Davison, Michigan

82 months ago

I am a recent graduate and having been working for one year at an office but currently they can only offer me one day a week. I was subbing quite a bit but now that has slowed down. I have sent out over 200 hundred resumes and I am not having any luck. Does anyone know of any job openings or even temporary agencies. I have researched for these agencies but most say they do not do dental. Thanks

smblad in grand rapids, Michigan

82 months ago

I have 13 years experience and 10 with one employer. I found myself unemployed late summer due to office being sold. I decided to take time off to spend with my kids. I started looking for a job after christmas and was surprised to find ther were none. I had no idea. I am only looking for part time but still nothing. I would like to start subing but not sure how to get into it- if anyone has info let me know. Thanks

Terri

82 months ago

Looking for full time / maternity leave coverage / part time work as of Aug 2008 or sooner.... if the opportunity looks good.
Experience 5 years hygiene, 20 years assisting....love my job, community volunteer....anyone interested in the pa 161....I'm interested in making a difference.....email me Terrijust@aol.com

Marlene Bieniasz in Whitmore Lake, Michigan

82 months ago

HI Terri! Good luck in your search! Miss ya!

81 months ago

For those that are still looking and have not dropped me a call or a resume' please do. I just bought an existing practice and need some motivated employee's part time to help me get it going-especially in Hygiene where recall is so important. We have an older clientèle and need a jumps start. Call me or send a resume' if interested.
Dr. Gayle Thomas
Dearborn, MI
1-313-562-8907

Amy Hawk in Shelby, Michigan

81 months ago

I am looking for sub work on Fridays if anyone is in need. I am willing to drive up to 60 miles from Shelby (the city, not the Township...we are about 30 miles north of Muskegon). I am available on short notice.

Please reply to madhawk@peoplepc.com and I can give you my contact information!!

Thanks much,
Amy

gary in Austin, Texas

81 months ago

Kerrie

They are telling you right...figure out how to make flight! I'm from Detroit...and I've never looked back!

sandy in Dearborn, Michigan

80 months ago

I am considering getting a degree for dental hygiene. Can anyone tell me about their experience and recommend a school in my area? Thanks :)

Kim Pienton in Grand Rapids, Michigan

80 months ago

I will be finally starting my dental hygiene program this fall. took forever to get in it seems!

but a few questions.....
Coming out of school, what do most start at? I heard its at least 25-30 an hr, and thats without any experience. I also heard that you can make more money subbing sometimes, then working part time in an office.

Im really anxious to start this fall, and if anyone from MI can give me some tips for anything, that would be great!

Thanks!!

Kim

donna in Detroit, Michigan

79 months ago

Hello. I am a graduate of U of D Dental Hygiene program. I am looking to work one evening a week or one Saturday a month. I have not practiced since 2001, however I have kept my license current. I would take a considerable pay cut until my performance is up to speed and possibly assist the hygienist at first until I am comfortable to practice. I would be so grateful just to have the opportunity to get back in the dental field.

Please feel free to call 586-415-1808. Thank you for your
consideration.

Donna

Lauren Finn in Madison Heights, Michigan

79 months ago

To Dr. Gayle Thomas: My name is Lauren F and I'm a 2006 U of M Dental Hygiene graduate.I have 2 yrs clinical experience and am currently looking for a full or part time position. I have called and left a message w/my contacts but please feel free to email me @ lfinn112@aol.com. I look forward to speaking with you further.

998 in Raynham, Massachusetts

79 months ago

Page:   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.