I need to take a Local Anesthesia Course ASAP

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1 to 50 of 59)
Page:   1  2  Next »   Last »

kylekook in Arizona

83 months ago

Hey, I recently moved to AZ and went to sign up for this course to find it already full. Can't seem to find another being offered until next May. Obviously can't wait that long so I'm willing to fly to any state that is offering a course accepted by the WREB Board. Please let me know if you have any info. Thanks a bunch!!!!!!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Anna

74 months ago

kylekook in Arizona said: Hey, I recently moved to AZ and went to sign up for this course to find it already full. Can't seem to find another being offered until next May. Obviously can't wait that long so I'm willing to fly to any state that is offering a course accepted by the WREB Board. Please let me know if you have any info. Thanks a bunch!!!!!!!!

Hello,
did you ever take the class? I'm moving to AZ also real soon and I need to take the anesthesia course. How hard was it to find a job in AZ without an anesthesia license?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

kylekook in Gilbert, Arizona

74 months ago

Hey.... Basically dont plan on finding a job here in AZ w/o your anesthesia license. Just finished the course. The Course was stressful but the Board was easy in my opinion. There is a 5 day course at Phoenix College in the Spring and an 11 week evening course available in the fall. Good Luck to you. One more thing. The class fills up quickly so sign up ASAP.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Anna

74 months ago

OMG, thank you for your quick response! I'm moving from NM and I didn't know how soon, now it looks like till next May. UNM offers a class in February so I will probably take the plunge and take that one. Did you look for a job in AZ w/o anesthesia certification??

kylekook@cox,net in Gilbert, Arizona

74 months ago

I was offered several positions until they found out about the lack of anesthesia certification. Then quickly dismissed when I admitted that I didnt have the certification they wanted. It is pretty much expected in this state. I didnt want to mislead them as word spreads quickly in the dental arena. Keep in mind that with the economy, there are many local hygienist with this certification without work. The job market is tight everywhere right now. Have your ducks in a row prior to arrival and you should not have a problem aquiring a position. There are also many temp agencies available to help out.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Nathalie in Sun City, Arizona

73 months ago

Just recently moved to AZ as well! Lot's to do just to get the license!!! Where do you take the anesthesia courses? Who offers them?

Thanks,
Nathalie

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Kylekook in Gilbert, Arizona

73 months ago

Hey Nathalie,

After extensive research I have discovered that Phoenix College (downtown campus)is the only local college that offers the course required to take the WREB exam. They offer a spring and fall class. Sign up ASAP as there is lots of homework to do prior to beginning the actual course.

The fall course is offered over all eleven week period on Tues evenings. The spring course is 5 days straight.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

73 months ago

Thanks for the info. Mortified. Hard to believe I have to take a 36 course and anesthetic exam and looking on the website, exam date is not until December. I took a review course from Stanley Malamed in SF (where I moved from) just for personal growth about five years ago but that doesn't count. Wanted to see if anything was new. Nothing new. I've already moved here, thought I'd be working soon. I guess not. How's the job market? Did you find something? Where did you move from? Nathalie

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

73 months ago

p/s Thank you SO much for the tip on Phoenix College. You've saved me! Extensive research, yes, I believe it !!!! I've been on the internet many times sifting through the maze, it's not very clear and didn't get anywhere till I found your blog.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

ELMarquis in Tulsa, Oklahoma

72 months ago

I recently moved to Tulsa, just got my license and looked into taking the local anesthesia course and found out I just missed it and it's only offered once a year. Does anyone know of another place I can take it that's not too far?

Anna in Albuquerque, NM

72 months ago

UNM is offering one at the end of January 2010, starts on Wednesday and ends on Sunday. Check with your state to make sure UNM's class is what you need to get licensed. I just recently got my AZ RDH license and don't plan on moving until I am anesthesia certified. With AZ laws, UNM's anesthesia class was an approved course by the state. Check with OK to make sure UNM's course is an approved anesthesia course. Good luck.

Nathalie in Phoenix, Arizona

72 months ago

I moved recently as well, from California to AZ. WREB jurisdiction. AZ is not close to Oklahoma but if you're desperate, there is an Anesthesia course open, 6 spaces left, at Phoenix College through their Continuing Ed program. $700 for the course. Starts Oct 6th Tues eves through Dec 8th. Boards are Dec 17th through the 19th. $260. Good luck! They sure don't make it easy for us to cross state lines!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

72 months ago

Thanks for the info!

Billie Erkfitz, RDH in Woodway, Texas

67 months ago

Does anyone know if the anesthetic course offered in New Mexico would be accepted in Nevada? I currently carry my license in Nevada and Texas. Worked 3 years in Las Vegas before the economy fell apart. Glad to be home in Texas but would be interested in having the local anesthetic course behind me if I decided to go back to Nevada.

kylekook in Arizona

67 months ago

Billie Erkfitz, RDH in Woodway, Texas said: Does anyone know if the anesthetic course offered in New Mexico would be accepted in Nevada? I currently carry my license in Nevada and Texas. Worked 3 years in Las Vegas before the economy fell apart. Glad to be home in Texas but would be interested in having the local anesthetic course behind me if I decided to go back to Nevada.

Check the WREB website

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

67 months ago

There is one in Oklahoma City in April, but, you should check to see if it is accepted in Nevada. Contact the Oklahoma Dental Foundation for info.

Billie in Waco, Texas

67 months ago

Thanks for the information. bpe

Cristina in Kearny, New Jersey

67 months ago

i need to get licensed in california but i need to get certified in Local, currettage and n2o. Anyone have any advice?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

kylekook in Arizona

67 months ago

Check the WREB website for local and N20.

bornstein in winter park in Orlando, Florida

64 months ago

Where is the closest to Floride anesthetic certification class????

Alana in Woodside, New York

63 months ago

Mariavchicola in Miami, Florida said: How can I get Local anesthesia course in florida?

Hi,
Bornstein and Mariavchicola I suggest you contact Nova college of dentistry. See if they offer local anesthesia/N2O as continuing ed course for the hygienists.
Regards,
Alana

63 months ago

Cristina in Kearny, New Jersey said: i need to get licensed in california but i need to get certified in Local, currettage and n2o. Anyone have any advice?

You might need to go to California to do the certification there for all of the above.

Dorothy in Los Angeles, California

60 months ago

Anyone know of a local anesthesia update class in southern california? posted 7-26-10

Sharon in South Jersey in Hammonton, New Jersey

60 months ago

Does anyone know where I can take local Anesthesia course? or Where I can find information about classes available?? Thanks for any help!!!!!

Renee in North Carolina in Southport, North Carolina

59 months ago

Recently moved to NC from NJ. In the process of getting my license in NC. What a process!! However, I need to take a local anes. course. NJ was one of the last states to approve the local anes. course so the demand for hygienists with certifications in that area was not really that high. Only a small percentage of rdh's, already in the field, were taking the course. Does anyone know of any course to take in NC? I am in the Coastal Carolina area(Southport) but am very close to Wilmington. Any help is most appreciated.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No Reply - Report abuse

Anne in Los Angeles, California

59 months ago

Anyone know of any local anesthetic classes in southern california?

Candy in Cliffside Park, New Jersey

57 months ago

May I know how I can get the anesthesia license in New York if I have already taken the course in local anesthesia in new jersey but not the course on Nitrous Oxide? Do I have to finish both local anesthesia and nitrous oxide course in order to get the license in new york? please help...Thank you ...

57 months ago

Candy in Cliffside Park, New Jersey said: May I know how I can get the anesthesia license in New York if I have already taken the course in local anesthesia in new jersey but not the course on Nitrous Oxide? Do I have to finish both local anesthesia and nitrous oxide course in order to get the license in new york? please help...Thank you ...

Yes, you need both but they are offered together.

StaceyinDetroit in Michigan

57 months ago

I'm going to register to take this course but can someone please tell me what you actually do during this course. I know they do a review but are you actually going in the clinic and injecting anesthesia into other students because in the course it doesn't mention that. This is really confusing me and I hate needles. So when your 2 week course is over do you have to actually take an exam like your boards and inject it into a patient or do you just apply for the license and you just get the license?

candy in Woodbridge, New Jersey

57 months ago

In new jersey you need to take 32-hours (clinic and lecture). After you finish the course, you need to take the NERB local anesthesia computer exam.

StaceyinDetroit in Michigan

57 months ago

candy in Woodbridge, New Jersey said: In new jersey you need to take 32-hours (clinic and lecture). After you finish the course, you need to take the NERB local anesthesia computer exam.

wow so you don't actually need a real patient to inject the anesthesia in?

candy in Woodbridge, New Jersey

57 months ago

you don't need. UMDNJ the school give you patient.

Sheila W in Oak Lawn, Illinois

57 months ago

Stacey where in Michigan are you signed up for the class? I am a licensed hygienist in Michigan and Illinois and I would like to take that course I would appreciate any help you can give to me thanks in advance.

jkc619@hotmail.com in Santa Maria, California

54 months ago

I would like to hear if anyone knows of any local anes. course in California. I am an older hygienist that graduated before they allowed hygienists to do local anes in cal. I have worked regularly without the expanded duties, but would like to get that license.

kksand@yahoo.com in San Diego, California

54 months ago

jkc619@hotmail.com in Santa Maria, California said: I would like to hear if anyone knows of any local anes. course in California. I am an older hygienist that graduated before they allowed hygienists to do local anes in cal. I have worked regularly without the expanded duties, but would like to get that license.

JKC - I think Sac City offers them. I just moved to CA (San Diego) and according to the CA Board of Dentistry's site that is the only place offering them right now? I may be mistaken, because I also need to take the STC class as well. Good luck!

Amylein72@yahoo.com in Brick, New Jersey

53 months ago

Can anyone tell me how to get registered for Nitrous Oxide in New Jersey? Thanks :)

Amylein72@yahoo.com in Brick, New Jersey

53 months ago

Can someone tell me how to get a Nitrous Oxide course in NJ?

Grace Kelly in South Dakota

53 months ago

When you take the local anesthesia course is the nitrous oxide course offered with that?

Mina in Wilmington, Delaware

52 months ago

Hello,
I am registered to take the LA, Nitrous, STC course this April 29th 2011. Is anyone taking it too?? Would like to chat to who ever is taking it or anyone that has taking it to asks questions about finding the 3 patients. I am traveling from across the country and i need all the help i can get. Please if anyone is out there please contact me.

My email is Mina302@gmail.com
( please put on the message box, "LA course" or something like that so that I dont miss the email)

Thanks
Mina

Mina in Wilmington, Delaware

52 months ago

Grace Kelly in South Dakota said: When you take the local anesthesia course is the nitrous oxide course offered with that?

If you are scheduled to take it then yes. you have the option to take just the LA course or just the nitrous course or just the STC.

but if you think that u are taking the STC bc you are registered to take L.A course you should check to see if u are also scheduled to take the STC.. its not automatically included.

nena in Fort Worth, Texas

50 months ago

I plan on moving to Colorado this Fall, does anyone know where I can sign up for local anesthetic class?

Anys6 in fort collins, Colorado

50 months ago

nena in Fort Worth, Texas said: I plan on moving to Colorado this Fall, does anyone know where I can sign up for local anesthetic class?

UCHSC's dental school has LA course.

Jerinwa in Las Vegas, Nevada

49 months ago

I am moving there too! HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

49 months ago

For those of you moving to Colorado: www.dora.state.co.us/dental/ This will give you info on licensing. If you need anesth, I believe you can only take LA course through the dental school at CU- health sciences. Last one was in May. You will need malpractice insurance. :)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

nena in Arlington, Texas

49 months ago

Yeah I saw that, do you know if they're offering another class sometime this year? I called but there was no answer Or would I have to take the LA class elsewhere? Thanks a bunch.

49 months ago

nena in Arlington, Texas said: Yeah I saw that, do you know if they're offering another class sometime this year? I called but there was no answer Or would I have to take the LA class elsewhere? Thanks a bunch.

Probably not until fall?? Maybe call one of the hygiene schools to get more info.

Mary in Dumfries, Virginia

49 months ago

Renee in North Carolina in Southport, North Carolina said: Recently moved to NC from NJ. In the process of getting my license in NC. What a process!! However, I need to take a local anes. course. NJ was one of the last states to approve the local anes. course so the demand for hygienists with certifications in that area was not really that high. Only a small percentage of rdh's, already in the field, were taking the course. Does anyone know of any course to take in NC? I am in the Coastal Carolina area(Southport) but am very close to Wilmington. Any help is most appreciated.

North Carolina does not allow dental hygienist to administer local anesthesia.

jerinwa

49 months ago

Since NC doesn't allow rdh's to admin local, you won't find a course there. There is one in Tennessee this fall- Sept or Oct- do a google search. Good luck!

jerinwa

49 months ago

Since NC doesn't allow rdh's to admin local, you won't find a course there. There is one in Tennessee this fall- Sept or Oct- do a google search. Good luck!

Rach in Chandler, Arizona

48 months ago

Can someone help me please? I passed my WREB exam for hygiene and anesthesia, but found out that the school I did my anesthesia at is not approved here in Arizona. I can't get my certification until I take an apporved course... but I need one ASAP!!! I have a a job that is expecting me me to have it before Aug 8th. I'm willing to go anywhere at this point... just need a course that is offered end of july- beginning of Aug. HELP!!

Page:   1  2  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.