What will employers expect from a group interview? What to do and what NOT to do?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (7)

Cavity in Vancouver, British Columbia

62 months ago

Hello everyone.

I have a group interview coming up this week. Why do employers choose group interviews vs individual interviews? What kind of questions should I expect to be asked.

What should I do and what should I avoid doing...

Thanks and wish me luck.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

30 year vet in Edmonton, Alberta

62 months ago

Sorry....but are you related to "The Blonde" on these forums...?

Sounds like all the same types of 'questions'...... ?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Suzanne in Terre Haute, Indiana

62 months ago

The only thing I can tell you is to pay attention to anything they tell you about the practice or themselves. I have only been to one and the dr's talked about their wives, where they went to dental school, their kids, the staff's names, production goals. Then they handed everyone a sheet of paper and asked us to answer ?'s about what they had just said. Anyone missing more than 2 was asked to leave. Needless to say, the room cleared out quick. They said if you wanted the job, you would have paid attention. Then they gave us a bunch of "what if" ?'s about problem patients and more left. It was a unique exp. Good luck

Cavity in Vancouver, British Columbia

62 months ago

30 year vet in Edmonton, Alberta said: Sorry....but are you related to "The Blonde" on these forums...?

Sounds like all the same types of 'questions'...... ?

No? But for someone who talks a lot about how many news grads there are out there you would think a lot of people would be asking similar questions especially when they are trying to start out? That's just me.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

skrrrrr in Victoria, British Columbia

61 months ago

Suzanne in Terre Haute, Indiana said: The only thing I can tell you is to pay attention to anything they tell you about the practice or themselves. I have only been to one and the dr's talked about their wives, where they went to dental school, their kids, the staff's names, production goals. Then they handed everyone a sheet of paper and asked us to answer ?'s about what they had just said. Anyone missing more than 2 was asked to leave. Needless to say, the room cleared out quick. They said if you wanted the job, you would have paid attention. Then they gave us a bunch of "what if" ?'s about problem patients and more left. It was a unique exp. Good luck

What a clueless doc. Turned an interview in some kind of game show. Goes to show how little most docs know about running a practice, especially what the priorities should be in selecting new hires!

hyg sucks in Richmond, Virginia

61 months ago

skrrrrr in Victoria, British Columbia said: What a clueless doc. Turned an interview in some kind of game show. Goes to show how little most docs know about running a practice, especially what the priorities should be in selecting new hires!

You got that right. I have never heard of such. Don't think I would interview. Next they'll ask you to bark like a dog and pat your head and rub your stomach at the same time.

Suzanne in Terre Haute, Indiana

61 months ago

Ha-ha! You are right!!
He has a turn over rate like no other. They had 3 of us there and at the end of that farce and handed us a contract to go over that we would have to sign stating while on the clock we would only utilize business principles based on the Church of Scientology. Plus we would have to attend seminars at our own expense to learn them. I said no thanks. That was a new one on me.

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.