05 international 4300 series power problem

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (201 to 250 of 451)
Page:  « First « Previous   2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next »   Last »

ismail in Elizabeth, New Jersey

39 months ago

GB in Savannah, Georgia said: 2004 international 4300 with 466, starts and runs fine but no power, 40mph max, fuel system is clean (what should fuel pressure be at?) no check engine light, fuel filter light was on until i replaced filter. i can hear turbo working and no movement on shaft. any help . thanks

did u find out what was the problem email me if u know Ismaiol@hotmail.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

ismail in Elizabeth, New Jersey

39 months ago

fuel pump injector leaking oil and loosing pressure

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Frank in Oxford, Michigan

39 months ago

Reading through these post I see it repeated there should be movement at the tachometer while cranking the engine. If there isn't this indicates a bad camshaft pickup.
On my DT466E the tach remains at zero until the engine fires then jumps to a reading.
Would this indicate a bad cam sensor?

Tony Agcaa in Quincy, Massachusetts

39 months ago

ismail in Elizabeth, New Jersey said: did u find out what was the problem email me if u know Ismaiol@hotmail.com

fuel pressure at full throttle is is between 55 psi's and 60 psi's
if your fuel pressure is lower, you should look into the fuel check valve mounted in the rear of the fuel galley, if you shut down the truck and your fuel pressure drops to zero you need to remove that valve and check to see if it's stuck open.normail fuel
rest pressure should not drop below 10 psi's

39 months ago

bear in Revelstoke, British Columbia said: have 2003 466, been going through comments, more confused. we live in alberta, cold here now, but problem was in summer also. truck crank and crank no start, took to good mech, [who in framed truck in summer, problem was before rebuild]he totally redone and tested all fuel system to pump, no difference, start somtime, others not.spoke to other mechanics, they said lighter oil, its your 'hewy pump'put lighter oil in, starts well, but this a.m. giving me grief, and was plugged in. what is a huey pump? and i keep seeing rail o ring kit, is there a test for this? not against taking to int. dealer but have had bad taste from them replacing parts and doing no better, truck runs well normally, or if i leave in warm shop no problem!

a huei pump takes engine oil pressure and converts it to hi oil pressure as much as 3000 psi's this pressure is there to supply oil to open the injectors. as far as testing the huei pump if you have access to international software there is a program in sessions were you crank the eng and watch huei start oil pressure which should be around 7oo psi's no lower, if it is lower then you must remove the icp sensor and dead head it directly to the huie oil supply line from the galley you would need the adapter to mount on the oil line.if huei pressure is good then you need to consider possiable injector o-ring or a leaky injector

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Lloyd in Atlanta, Georgia

39 months ago

Have a 2004 school bus with a 7.3 diesel engine Ihc and I am trying to find out where the Map sensor is located?

39 months ago

Lloyd in Atlanta, Georgia said: Have a 2004 school bus with a 7.3 diesel engine Ihc and I am trying to find out where the Map sensor is located?

top of valve cover

GOSKY in Aurora, Colorado

39 months ago

Hello...Need some help... My 2006 DT466 been good unti today....It start up fine and them after couple delivers the truck seems to take extra time to start. After cranking several times it will start. some times does'nt want to start. it coud be the 'CAM-SEMSOR"??? Looking into the oil pressure seems like went i try to crank the oil gage move only from 0 to 5 or 10...but nothing...And them sometimes the pressure look like it is going up up 40m and them fire -up...any extra suggestions will be greatly appreciatte....THANK'S

39 months ago

GOSKY in Aurora, Colorado said: Hello...Need some help... My 2006 DT466 been good unti today....It start up fine and them after couple delivers the truck seems to take extra time to start. After cranking several times it will start. some times does'nt want to start. it coud be the 'CAM-SEMSOR"??? Looking into the oil pressure seems like went i try to crank the oil gage move only from 0 to 5 or 10...but nothing...And them sometimes the pressure look like it is going up up 40m and them fire -up...any extra suggestions will be greatly appreciatte....THANK'S

cam sensor would be a good start

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Russ in Edmonton, Alberta

38 months ago

I have an 04 4300 DT466, i have a acceleration problem the truck starts fine but as i drive i get no acceleration or it comes very slowly the higher the gear the less speed i have, its been in repeatedly for this it gives no codes quite often i can just shut the engine off and restart and it will run fine, but i have to floor and the peddle has no resistance like the truck doesnt think i am pressing on it after a certain point, this is probably the 5th truck ive had this problem on and noone can give me any answers, any ideas?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

GMC in Cincinnati, Ohio

38 months ago

Hmmmm,,, The peddle on your truck i think is all "Fly By Wire" kind of deal..
You may have to replace the Peddle and the box it is hook to that has tho's wire plugged in to it.. I've seen this a few time's but most of the time its on some kind of Ford Truck..

Hope this helps
GMC

38 months ago

Russ in Edmonton, Alberta said: I have an 04 4300 DT466, i have a acceleration problem the truck starts fine but as i drive i get no acceleration or it comes very slowly the higher the gear the less speed i have, its been in repeatedly for this it gives no codes quite often i can just shut the engine off and restart and it will run fine, but i have to floor and the peddle has no resistance like the truck doesnt think i am pressing on it after a certain point, this is probably the 5th truck ive had this problem on and noone can give me any answers, any ideas?

when you shut the engine off and then restart it you are taking an active code and making it passive,you are clearing the code.
thats why when you restart it it will run fine again! until the code comes active again, how are you checking for codes? I believe there is a code, it could very well be a ivs/aps code,

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Mike Seiler in Richmond Hill, Ontario

38 months ago

I just bought an 05 4300 DT466 with 220,0000km. Allison Automatic with Air Brakes. I thought they were built to be gutless! I had an engine light coming on when I was driving, and as soon as I released the throttle it would go off. For the first week this happened throughout the work day. I decided to bring it to International for a scan, and they couldn't pinpoint what the issue was.. however 'my turbo was shot' they said. $3000 and a 3 hour wait in the lobby and I'm thrilled. My 'gutless' truck that looses power, and seems to have a high low gear, is running like a dream and my engine light hasn't returned. Lots of power and a consistent excelleration. When you turn your key part way to let your glows warm etc. if you hear a click click under the hood several times, there is a good chance your turbo is shot. If it seizes it's a tow job, so get it fixed. Apparently with the new emmision standards in 2005, the fuel is crap and is wrecking some engine components like turbos. They told me to use fuel conditioner to extend the life.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

38 months ago

Russ in Edmonton, Alberta said: I have an 04 4300 DT466, i have a acceleration problem the truck starts fine but as i drive i get no acceleration or it comes very slowly the higher the gear the less speed i have, its been in repeatedly for this it gives no codes quite often i can just shut the engine off and restart and it will run fine, but i have to floor and the peddle has no resistance like the truck doesnt think i am pressing on it after a certain point, this is probably the 5th truck ive had this problem on and noone can give me any answers, any ideas?

This may be your problem...

I just bought an 05 4300 DT466 with 220,0000km. Allison Automatic with Air Brakes. I thought they were built to be gutless! I had an engine light coming on when I was driving, and as soon as I released the throttle it would go off. For the first week this happened throughout the work day. I decided to bring it to International for a scan, and they couldn't pinpoint what the issue was.. however 'my turbo was shot' they said. $3000 and a 3 hour wait in the lobby and I'm thrilled. My 'gutless' truck that looses power, and seems to have a high low gear, is running like a dream and my engine light hasn't returned. Lots of power and a consistent excelleration. When you turn your key part way to let your glows warm etc. if you hear a click click under the hood several times, there is a good chance your turbo is shot. If it seizes it's a tow job, so get it fixed. Apparently with the new emmision standards in 2005, the fuel is crap and is wrecking some engine components like turbos. They told me to use fuel conditioner to extend the life.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

38 months ago

Anybody know how to change the lights in the dash in a 2005 dt466. I took apart the dash an it is a motherboard.. I couldn't see any bulbs!

GOSKY in Aurora, Colorado

38 months ago

OK...TRUCK IS RUNNING...HERE IS THE HISTORY...FOUND OVERCRANK PROTECTION SWITCH ON STARTER BAD AND BYPASSED TO GET UNIT TO TURN OVER. STILL WOUNDNT FIRE . HOOKED UP MODIS AND HAD BAD ENGINE POSITIONING SENSOR COME UP SO WE REPLACED CAM POSITIONING SENSOR. STILL WOUNDNT FIRE. AND NEW FAULT CODE CAME UP WITH BAD INJECTION PRESSURE REGULATOR SO WE REPLACED AND STILL WOUNDNT FIRE. PULLED VALVE COVER AND HIGH OIL PRESSURE MANIFOLD AND FOUND BAD O-RING ON #1 INJECTOR OIL INLET. REPLACED ALL ORRINGS AND SEALS SINCE WE HAD IT OFF PUT ALL BACK TOGETHER THAT HAD PREVIOUSLY BEEN REMOVED ADDED 2 GALLLONS OF ANTIFREEEZE TO COOLING SYSTEM AND TRUCK START AND RUNNING.....HOPE THIS

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

johnbway in Woodridge, Illinois

38 months ago

Mike Seiler in Richmond Hill, Ontario said: Anybody know how to change the lights in the dash in a 2005 dt466. I took apart the dash an it is a motherboard.. I couldn't see any bulbs!

yeah they look like little grey backs. either a slot in it for a screwdriver < little one > or raised notches

CHRIS CHAPMAN in bath, New York

38 months ago

i have a 2002 international 4300 roll back with a dt 466. if you start the truck up cold and take off before it warms up it has all kinds of power for about 1/8 mile. after that it has low power. it runs excellent (no smoke no skips smooth but no power on hills. i am an auto tech but no little on diesel. any help woud be awsome.

Rudy in Fort Smith, Arkansas

38 months ago

That could either be a cam sensor or injector. I had similar prob on my 05' You could tell the idle wasnt quite what it was supposed to be. In fact it was like on the verge of going out, the injector was that is. the truck had so much power that it could power thru the bad injector on flat surfaces but when you got to a hill is when you knew something was bad. at first they thought it was a cam sensor and replaced it but it still didnt solve the prob and so they said it was the #4 injector. replaced it. works great. Also, if you got steel tanks get those replaced asap! you have to get aluminum or you are gonna mess up your entire fuel system and all of your injectors as well as pump. so spend the 750$ to get the aluminum fuel tank. believe me it will save you more money than that down the road. good luck!

paverite in long island, New York

38 months ago

helicycle 37 in Miami, Florida said: I star the eng but i can't acelarate the engine, my acelerator is electronic, an d I have a eng light on the panel turn on when I press the acelerator.

did any answer solve problem what was it

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

38 months ago

paverite in long island, New York said: did any answer solve problem what was it

OK this is whats happening u start the truck there is no engine light until you step on the pedal right!
so you shut it down and the same thing happens no engine light again u step on the pedal and there it is again yellow eng light! Right,
OK you more then likly have a aps/ivs code codes 144,145 if i remember? first thing to check is the fuse for the throttle I believe it's the # 13,in the cab, if that is good u now must consider 2 things a bad aps/ivs switch which is in laymen terms the throttle position sensor located on the pedal, if u have access to swap the pedal switch with a good know used one (off of another truck with the same application) and it still doesn't work, u have to replace the throttle harness to the ECM this is available from your local dealer it's called a throttle overlay harness----Good Luck!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

38 months ago

Tony Agcaa in Quincy, Massachusetts said: OK this is whats happening u start the truck there is no engine light until you step on the pedal right!
so you shut it down and the same thing happens no engine light again u step on the pedal and there it is again yellow eng light! Right,
OK you more then likly have a aps/ivs code codes 144,145 if i remember? first thing to check is the fuse for the throttle I believe it's the # 13,in the cab, if that is good u now must consider 2 things a bad aps/ivs switch which is in laymen terms the throttle position sensor located on the pedal, if u have access to swap the pedal switch with a good know used one (off of another truck with the same application) and it still doesn't work, u have to replace the throttle harness to the ECM this is available from your local dealer it's called a throttle overlay harness----Good Luck!!!

ty yes that is my problem but before this would be driveing and pedel woud cut off and come on quickly parked truck 4 2months then this changed pedal and senser didnt work fuse looks ok can i pull hrness out and check any other suggestion ty

38 months ago

paverite in long island, New York said: ty yes that is my problem but before this would be driveing and pedel woud cut off and come on quickly parked truck 4 2months then this changed pedal and senser didnt work fuse looks ok can i pull hrness out and check any other suggestion ty

u can not exactly pull the harness unless u have a lot
of time to spare that would be labor intense
under this condition the next step is to attach a break out
harness at the pedal and check values the bottom line is to save your self
the time and install a overlay harness it comes with instructions
and could take u about 2 to 3 hours to do, that would be the correct
aproach

38 months ago

Tony Agcaa in Quincy, Massachusetts said: u can not exactly pull the harness unless u have a lot
of time to spare that would be labor intense
under this condition the next step is to attach a break out
harness at the pedal and check values the bottom line is to save your self
the time and install a overlay harness it comes with instructions
and could take u about 2 to 3 hours to do, that would be the correct
aproach

ty very much will try very helpfull

frank

38 months ago

I'm having a similar issue. Got the "kit" from IH. New harness and sensor. Took the dash apart trying to trace the existing harness. No luck there. Just a huge pile of wires not easy to separate. Oddly the harness in this "kit" has plugs on both ends. The sensor end matched up but I couldn't find the other end in the wiring mass. Instructions offered no help for that either. Replaced the sensor only and it made no difference. Now I have obtained the ISIS software and have began the long process of filtering through it to find a solution. As mentioned before you need a breakout device to isolate the ECM for circuit testing. Probably expensive to get not sure. My issue is a bit different. I just lose the engine suddenly. Sometimes it fires right back up. Other times it takes several minutes. One time it will run all day no trouble. The next it stalls all day long. For awhile I could do the Fonz and it worked every time. Now that doesn't work either.

frank

38 months ago

I'm having a similar issue. Got the "kit" from IH. New harness and sensor. Took the dash apart trying to trace the existing harness. No luck there. Just a huge pile of wires not easy to separate. Oddly the harness in this "kit" has plugs on both ends. The sensor end matched up but I couldn't find the other end in the wiring mass. Instructions offered no help for that either. Replaced the sensor only and it made no difference. Now I have obtained the ISIS software and have began the long process of filtering through it to find a solution. As mentioned before you need a breakout device to isolate the ECM for circuit testing. Probably expensive to get not sure. My issue is a bit different. I just lose the engine suddenly. Sometimes it fires right back up. Other times it takes several minutes. One time it will run all day no trouble. The next it stalls all day long. For awhile I could do the Fonz and it worked every time. Now that doesn't work either.

38 months ago

Paverite don't be discourged by the last comment
the instructions that com with the overlay kit is very useful
there are no wires behind the dash that u need to search
this kit is an overlay kit u do have to get behind the dash the
find the baro sensor that's it the other end of this overlay
will to to the ambiant sensor and the remaining
pins not plugs go to the ECM it clearly writen in the
instructions

frank

38 months ago

I had no intention of discouraging anyone. Just contributing what my own experience was like. Maybe it will help someone else down the road. If I do discourage anyone I sincerely apologize.

frank in Oxford, Michigan

38 months ago

Hello Sir,
I paid $100.00 for it. Found it on ebay new in the package. Dealer cost was $185.00.
WILLIAMS CONTROLS, KIT, INTEGRATED PT#340000.
Not sure if yours is the same part number as I have the DT466E.

bullyboy in Kingston, Jamaica

38 months ago

where can u get replacement injector other than the dealer? any independent remanufacter of injectors?

38 months ago

Alliance makes the injectors for internation and cat!!!

bullyboy in Kingston, Jamaica

38 months ago

Tony Agcaa in Quincy, Massachusetts said: Alliance makes the injectors for internation and cat!!!

alliance from??

38 months ago

Tony Agcaa in Quincy, Massachusetts said: Paverite don't be discourged by the last comment
the instructions that com with the overlay kit is very useful
there are no wires behind the dash that u need to search
this kit is an overlay kit u do have to get behind the dash the
find the baro sensor that's it the other end of this overlay
will to to the ambiant sensor and the remaining
pins not plugs go to the ECM it clearly writen in the
instructions

replaced with over lay kit senser and fuses good any other things you can think of ty

38 months ago

paverite in long island, New York said: 3

replaced with over lay kit senser and fuses good any other things you can think of ty

so u replaced the overlay and u still having issues?

38 months ago

Tony Agcaa in Quincy, Massachusetts said: so u replaced the overlay and u still having issues?

yes any other ideas what itcan be or will have to toe to dealer hate to so if any ideas will try first ty

38 months ago

this is what happen to me, after installing the overlay I had the same symthom,what happen was the tps switch was wrong! so u have to make certain u install the correct pedal sensor, if you have the old one not the one u took off a couple of months ago, but the actuale 1 u removed in the begining u need to match up the # on the williams switch, it's very possable u could have the wrong sensor, thats were i would start first.

38 months ago

Tony Agcaa in Quincy, Massachusetts said: this is what happen to me, after installing the overlay I had the same symthom,what happen was the tps switch was wrong! so u have to make certain u install the correct pedal sensor, if you have the old one not the one u took off a couple of months ago, but the actuale 1 u removed in the begining u need to match up the # on the williams switch, it's very possable u could have the wrong sensor, thats were i would start first.

checked with international said rite senser. i lose acceleration at1200 rpm ihave 05 dt466 egr 5 speed man 32000 miles any other ideas intrn no help said bring it in on thurs so if any ideas will try ty.

38 months ago

paverite in long island, New York said: checked with international said rite senser. i lose acceleration at1200 rpm ihave 05 dt466 egr 5 speed man 32000 miles any other ideas intrn no help said bring it in on thurs so if any ideas will try ty.

Back too the drawing board! Check for codes
do u have access too a lap top I'm sorry but this
is were u need to start Again!

Priory too replacing the overlap did u confirm
u had the aps/iv code?

38 months ago

Tony Agcaa in Quincy, Massachusetts said: Back too the drawing board! Check for codes
do u have access too a lap top I'm sorry but this
is were u need to start Again!

Priory too replacing the overlap did u confirm
u had the aps/iv code?

no was told it was likely the problem from other and from reading my mistake dont have labtop or scaner so we tridyed going to bring it in ty 4 your time and help will see outcome and post ty appreceated

frank

38 months ago

Please do post solution. My issue has now become the same as yours.

frank

38 months ago

Please do post solution. My issue has now become the same as yours.

38 months ago

paverite in long island, New York said: no was told it was likely the problem from other and from reading my mistake dont have labtop or scaner so we tridyed going to bring it in ty 4 your time and help will see outcome and post ty appreceated

FYI U can pull a flash code from your steering wheel
hold down the on and resume buttons on your steering
wheel For 5 seconds then release and count the flashes first set of flashes(yellow)are your
active codes the second set of flashes( yellow)
are your stored or inactive codes
to clear the codes hold down the set cruise bottom and the on button at the same time
u will need to put on the left directional on too
make sure u set the parking brakes and turn key on

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

38 months ago

Tony Agcaa in Quincy, Massachusetts said: FYI U can pull a flash code from your steering wheel
hold down the on and resume buttons on your steering
wheel For 5 seconds then release and count the flashes first set of flashes(yellow)are your
active codes the second set of flashes( yellow)
are your stored or inactive codes
to clear the codes hold down the set cruise bottom and the on button at the same time
u will need to put on the left directional on too
make sure u set the parking brakes and turn key on

thank agan did that had old codes but no new ones old codes 4 turbo bounce back out cleard all codes no new ones showed up so dont no

38 months ago

paverite in long island, New York said: thank agan did that had old codes but no new ones old codes 4 turbo bounce back out cleard all codes no new ones showed up so dont no

can u get me the codes ?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

38 months ago

Tony Agcaa in Quincy, Massachusetts said: can u get me the codes ?

no errased them and took to dealer they said they r not motar codes so they got the truck now they also said as u senser or harness but would have to run it to see

chris in Olympia, Washington

38 months ago

towman in Natchitoches, Louisiana said: i have a 2005 intern. 4300, dt466 need help my truck just had all injectors replaced was running geat then going down the road it started to run hot about 225 degrees now the water is mixing with the oil in the oil pan is there any other way water can get in the pan other than cracked head r head gasket.

o ring in liner at about 220 liner will go has 3 oring liner now thay have 1 to fix that issue

38 months ago

chris in Olympia, Washington said: o ring in liner at about 220 liner will go has 3 oring liner now thay have 1 to fix that issue

liner prongs remove oil pan a pressure test cooling system
y will see coolant dripping down the liner
u may have too roll the crank until u see it leaking

ERIC in Maplewood, New Jersey

38 months ago

Larry in Wilmington, Ohio said: If the vehicle was hit by lighting you will lose the sensors. You have two hot wires and two ground wires going into the truck computer. If you have a hot or ground lose, it will throw the computer out of range due to low voltage. Good luck. Larry H.

I HAVE 2002 DT466 THAT WONT CRANK NEED HELP

37 months ago

ERIC in Maplewood, New Jersey said: I HAVE 2002 DT466 THAT WONT CRANK NEED HELP

Auto or manual?

ERIC in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

37 months ago

Tony Agcaa in Quincy, Massachusetts said: Auto or manual?

AUTO

Page:  « First « Previous   2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.