05 international 4300 series power problem

Comments (201 to 250 of 416)
Page:  « First « Previous   2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next »   Last »

Tony Agcaa in Quincy, Massachusetts

51 months ago

paverite in long island, New York said: no was told it was likely the problem from other and from reading my mistake dont have labtop or scaner so we tridyed going to bring it in ty 4 your time and help will see outcome and post ty appreceated

FYI U can pull a flash code from your steering wheel
hold down the on and resume buttons on your steering
wheel For 5 seconds then release and count the flashes first set of flashes(yellow)are your
active codes the second set of flashes( yellow)
are your stored or inactive codes
to clear the codes hold down the set cruise bottom and the on button at the same time
u will need to put on the left directional on too
make sure u set the parking brakes and turn key on

paverite in long island, New York

51 months ago

Tony Agcaa in Quincy, Massachusetts said: FYI U can pull a flash code from your steering wheel
hold down the on and resume buttons on your steering
wheel For 5 seconds then release and count the flashes first set of flashes(yellow)are your
active codes the second set of flashes( yellow)
are your stored or inactive codes
to clear the codes hold down the set cruise bottom and the on button at the same time
u will need to put on the left directional on too
make sure u set the parking brakes and turn key on

thank agan did that had old codes but no new ones old codes 4 turbo bounce back out cleard all codes no new ones showed up so dont no

51 months ago

paverite in long island, New York said: thank agan did that had old codes but no new ones old codes 4 turbo bounce back out cleard all codes no new ones showed up so dont no

can u get me the codes ?

51 months ago

Tony Agcaa in Quincy, Massachusetts said: can u get me the codes ?

no errased them and took to dealer they said they r not motar codes so they got the truck now they also said as u senser or harness but would have to run it to see

chris in Olympia, Washington

51 months ago

towman in Natchitoches, Louisiana said: i have a 2005 intern. 4300, dt466 need help my truck just had all injectors replaced was running geat then going down the road it started to run hot about 225 degrees now the water is mixing with the oil in the oil pan is there any other way water can get in the pan other than cracked head r head gasket.

o ring in liner at about 220 liner will go has 3 oring liner now thay have 1 to fix that issue

51 months ago

chris in Olympia, Washington said: o ring in liner at about 220 liner will go has 3 oring liner now thay have 1 to fix that issue

liner prongs remove oil pan a pressure test cooling system
y will see coolant dripping down the liner
u may have too roll the crank until u see it leaking

ERIC in Maplewood, New Jersey

51 months ago

Larry in Wilmington, Ohio said: If the vehicle was hit by lighting you will lose the sensors. You have two hot wires and two ground wires going into the truck computer. If you have a hot or ground lose, it will throw the computer out of range due to low voltage. Good luck. Larry H.

I HAVE 2002 DT466 THAT WONT CRANK NEED HELP

51 months ago

ERIC in Maplewood, New Jersey said: I HAVE 2002 DT466 THAT WONT CRANK NEED HELP

Auto or manual?

ERIC in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

51 months ago

Tony Agcaa in Quincy, Massachusetts said: Auto or manual?

AUTO

51 months ago

U need to check to see if ur crank inhibitor is working
this will be a ground signal from ur ecm thur ur starter overcrank
then to ur start relay try bypassing ur overcrank sensor at the back of
ur starter if that doesn't work go to the starter relay and bypass
the ground ciruct just be aware not to ground the #30 and I believe the # 85
the 30 is always hot and I believe the 85 is hot when u turn the key to start

Dave in Sacramento, California

51 months ago

02 International 4300 DT466, Last week I was driving & the truck just shut off. Turn the key off, wait for ten sec & the truck would start up & run fine. It did it acouple times aday for a few days. Then one day it did it & it wouldn't start. So I checked the relays on the dash & they were hot. Then I check the fuses in the battery box & one of the ten amp fuses was melted. So I replaced it & it start up. As I was droving it home I noticed that it was charging at 15 amps. I drove the truck home cleaned my battery cables & the truck ran fine for two days. Then as I was stoped at a light the truck just died. I started it up & it died again. Now the truck will crank but it will not start. I replaced all the relays & the two fuse on the batterys. Any ideas what it could be.

Dave in Sacramento, California

51 months ago

Dave in Sacramento, California said: 02 International 4300 DT466, Last week I was driving & the truck just shut off. Turn the key off, wait for ten sec & the truck would start up & run fine. It did it acouple times aday for a few days. Then one day it did it & it wouldn't start. So I checked the relays on the dash & they were hot. Then I check the fuses in the battery box & one of the ten amp fuses was melted. So I replaced it & it start up. As I was droving it home I noticed that it was charging at 15 amps. I drove the truck home cleaned my battery cables & the truck ran fine for two days. Then as I was stoped at a light the truck just died. I started it up & it died again. Now the truck will crank but it will not start. I replaced all the relays & the two fuse on the batterys. Any ideas what it could be.

I figured it out, It was one of the relays in the dash.

Hi there in Sherwood Park, Alberta

51 months ago

Tiger Towing in Sherwood Park, Alberta said: My 07 4300 has problems with the dash cluster,,,the dash lights went out a few months ago,,but the gauges were still working,,,than the gauges stopped working on start-up,,but would all start working when the truck warmed up ,,now i have no gauges,,cluster lights,,,nothing,
Has anybody else experienced this problem??
and what was the solution?
Thanks,,,Joe

Your A coward Loser!!

51 months ago

paverite in long island, New York said: thank agan did that had old codes but no new ones old codes 4 turbo bounce back out cleard all codes no new ones showed up so dont no

update turns out when putting in new harness bent pin har to see it some how they repaird it said there was a short showed me where tony on the money thanks 4 help

51 months ago

paverite in long island, New York said: update turns out when putting in new harness bent pin har to see it some how they repaird it said there was a short showed me where tony on the money thanks 4 help

that's great! Anytime

GIL in Garland, Texas

51 months ago

I HAVE A 99 INTERNATIONAL ROLLBACK LO PRO AND THE PROBLEM I AM HAVING IS THAT I CAN DRIVE THE TRUCK FOR ABOUT 3 TO 4 HOURS A DAY AND IT WILL SPUTTER AND SHUT DOWN I HAVE TO PULL OVER LET IT COOL AND THEN IT WILL START BACK UP DRIVE IT FOR ABOUT 2 MILES THEN IT WILL SHUT DOWN AGAIN AND LET IT COOL AGAIN THEN IT WILL START BACK UP I HAVE TO PARK IT TILL THE NEXT DAY AND CAN ONLY DRIVE IT FOR ANOTHER 3 TO 4 HOURS.IVE CHANGED THE FUEL FILTERS ADDED AN ADDITIVE AND STILL SHUTS DOWN AFTER 3 TO 4 HOURS OF DRIVING.CAN ANYONE HELP ME OUT THANKS GIL

GOSKY in Aurora, Colorado

51 months ago

MAYBE I COULD BE AND O-RING BAD AT ONE INYECTOR...SEEMS LIKE WHAT HAPPENING TO ME.. SEE MY POST.. Reply - Report abuse

GOSKY in Aurora, Colorado

25 days ago
OK...TRUCK IS RUNNING...HERE IS THE HISTORY...FOUND OVERCRANK PROTECTION SWITCH ON STARTER BAD AND BYPASSED TO GET UNIT TO TURN OVER. STILL WOUNDNT FIRE . HOOKED UP MODIS AND HAD BAD ENGINE POSITIONING SENSOR COME UP SO WE REPLACED CAM POSITIONING SENSOR. STILL WOUNDNT FIRE. AND NEW FAULT CODE CAME UP WITH BAD INJECTION PRESSURE REGULATOR SO WE REPLACED AND STILL WOUNDNT FIRE. PULLED VALVE COVER AND HIGH OIL PRESSURE MANIFOLD AND FOUND BAD O-RING ON #1 INJECTOR OIL INLET. REPLACED ALL ORRINGS AND SEALS SINCE WE HAD IT OFF PUT ALL BACK TOGETHER THAT HAD PREVIOUSLY BEEN REMOVED ADDED 2 GALLLONS OF ANTIFREEEZE TO COOLING SYSTEM AND TRUCK START AND RUNNING.....HOPE THIS HELP

Flat Out towing in Florence, Alabama

50 months ago

I have 02 international 4300 dt466 changed cam censor now when it gets to 185 degrees it shuts down just like you turn the ignetion off wait 30 to 45 min it starts right back up what is going on PLEASE HELP

Jervais in Saint John's, Antigua and Barbuda

50 months ago

Look for these in addition to 2023:

103 6 or 203 7

50 months ago

Look for:

614-14-1-2

614-14-23-2

50 months ago

That's a esc code I'm guessing u don't have access
to international software? Are u extracting the code via
the steering wheel? What u need to do is get the truck
to shutdown again and this time do not turn the key off
instead set the parking brake and repeat the same process
and extract the code this time keep your eyes on the amber
check eng lite and count the flashes first set of flashes will be
your active codes if there are still no codes the amber light will
flash 3 times then a red shutdown light will come on and flash twice and next would
be your inactive codes! Try that and let me know how u make out!

Flat Out towing in Muscle Shoals, Alabama

50 months ago

yes i got it from the steering wheel when it shut off last night no faults came up just wondering if its temp censor and if it is where is it located?? could a fuse make it do this also??

50 months ago

If the codes you gave are correct and become active at some point then its either the coolant temp sensor or guage cluster.

Flat Out towing in Muscle Shoals, Alabama

50 months ago

where is that censor located

50 months ago

Flat Out towing in Muscle Shoals, Alabama said: where is that censor located

behind the alternator on the head

50 months ago

Flat Out towing in Muscle Shoals, Alabama said: yes i got it from the steering wheel when it shut off last night no faults came up just wondering if its temp censor and if it is where is it located?? could a fuse make it do this also??

yes u have a circut breaker above the power distribution box
I believe it's a 150 amp breaker this powers up your inside cab fuses
but u don't have any other symthoms
as far as u think it's overheating u should visually know that ! is your cooling fan coming on ?
as long as your dash sweeps properly and the temp guage parks normally
it's not the gauge, if it goes too the 6:00 position then yes I would consider a bad temp gauge

flat out towing in Chula, Georgia

50 months ago

yes the fan does work i have another code 4: 2 2033_14p the amber light flashes 3 times red flashes 2 times this is the way the code comes up on the steering wheel.

50 months ago

That's a code for open fog light circuit
pull your inactive/ passive code let me know

50 months ago

I mean passive inactive flash codes

coljpt in Sarasota, Florida

50 months ago

my 1996 Int 250HP. DT466 oil pressure gauge(mech)flutters at 2300 RPM. connected a separate mechanical gauge , same thing? no change? pressure is fine but flutters at high rpm.oil is full,oil is new last truck I had did the same thing before I lost the engine?
coincidence? truck is working fine no noises power good

50 months ago

My 1996 Int 250HP. DT466 oil pressure gauge(mechanical)flutters at 2300 RPM. Connected a separate mechanical gauge , same thing? no change? pressure is fine but flutters at high rpm.oil is full,oil is new.The last engine I had did the same thing before it blew ?
coincidence? truck is working fine no noises power good. Does anyone know what might be the cause?

50 months ago

coljpt in Sarasota, Florida said: My 1996 Int 250HP. DT466 oil pressure gauge(mechanical)flutters at 2300 RPM. Connected a separate mechanical gauge , same thing? no change? pressure is fine but flutters at high rpm.oil is full,oil is new.The last engine I had did the same thing before it blew ?
coincidence? truck is working fine no noises power good. Does anyone know what might be the cause?

Were to start? Lots of things can come into play here
sounds like oil flow! What was the failure on the other truck?
There are oil regulator valves I believe 2 one in the front cover
one in the oil cooler housing,what is your oil pressure reading at
2300 rpms and at idle? If it's lower than expected then maybe mains are worn
oil pump worn? Oil cooler clogged ? Like I said lots of possiable's good luck with that!

Dave in Dallas, Texas

50 months ago

brian in Central Islip, New York said: i have a 2002, 4300 , idle is running high and wont go into gear. has a the word inhibitor light on on dash. Im thinking it wont go into gear beacuse the engine idle is to high. If i start the truck and put it in gear right away then truck will move. Anyone have any idea what this means

I am having the same issue with my 2003, 4300. Have you found the solution?

taras in Monroe Township, New Jersey

50 months ago

unplug the abs plug behind the cab

50 months ago

Dave in Dallas, Texas said: I am having the same issue with my 2003, 4300. Have you found the solution?

I would try unplugging your throttle pedal sensor and see if your
idle drops if it does then the aps/Iva sensor is no good
if the idle doesn't change and still remains high you will need
to see If the throttle harness is shorting to ground

50 months ago

The oil gauge on the original engine (at 200,000 miles) began to back off and flutter slightly, especially on a steep grade. Bearings were worn and recommendation was to replace (or rebuild) engine. Engine was replaced at International garage with an engine rebuilt by International jobbers with an International warrenty (June, 2008). Current engine has 60,000 miles and recently has started fluttering at 2200 RPMs. If running below 2200 RPMs, it seems to run well with power, etc., no fluttering. The fluttering (or bouncing gauge) is erratic and ranges between 45 pounds to 55 pounds of pressure. The idling pressure is 32 pounds at 600 RPMs. (I generally keep the throttle at 900 RPMS, pressure is about 46 pounds.) There is no fluttering until engine has reached operating temperature and oil has had a chance to heat. Any information would be Greatly appreciated.

JakeD in Chesterfield, Missouri

49 months ago

for performance issues, fuel contamination? fuel tank rusty? (egr) turbo accuator bounce test (key on engine off should cycle all the way out back all the way in then half way out) non egr you can unplug map sensor on top of valve cover and test drive if map is bad it will run alot better not plugged in, fuel pressure test 60-70 or more will run with lower fuel pressure but lower performance, injection control pressure test (will need 4000psi+ gauge or computer program, pull the ipr and check for broken screen or orings.Been an international mechanic for over 5 years.

JakeD in Chesterfield, Missouri

49 months ago

coljpt in Sarasota, Florida said: My 1996 Int 250HP. DT466 oil pressure gauge(mechanical)flutters at 2300 RPM. Connected a separate mechanical gauge , same thing? no change? pressure is fine but flutters at high rpm.oil is full,oil is new.The last engine I had did the same thing before it blew ?

would take off the oil pump and check, even the smallest wear can cause problems, would check the pick up tube also (you can overfill oil by 10 qts and rev it up at idle and see what you get, not for long) that will let you know if your pick up tube is cracked

49 months ago

Thank you for your reply, I will pull it the first chance I get.
More then likely I will just change it as I am not sure if the wear is something an untrained eye would catch. I guess I will try the extra quarts of oil first to see if it is the pick up tube,If I am not mistaken it would squirt out of the crack at a high idle. thanks again.
coljpt.

tinkergb in Mansfield, Ohio

48 months ago

I have a 99 444e in a shuttle that is hard starting when cold. when driving hiway on decell it sometimes stalls and has white smoke or backfires out the exhaust stalls and has white smoke. turn the key off and restart runs fine till next time. also noticed when engine is running turn the key off only turns off when brake is applied.

rudy in fort smith in Arlington, Texas

48 months ago

I had a cam sensor cause the very same problem.. that and #6 injector bad.

MikeL in Bristol, Tennessee

48 months ago

I have a 05 4300 with DT466. I have owned it for 8 months and it has a problem with over heating when I am going up steep hills or the rpm's are over 2000.It never over heats when I am idling or driving less than 2000 rpm's. It heats up to about 220 before I pull over, if I dont stop the truck it will keep getting hotter. sometimes I cant hear the fan ingaging. so far my mechanic has replaced the fan cluch, clean the radiator, and put a electric fan on the exterior of the radiator. the dealer said to put a new radiator in it. I need a second opinion before I keep spending money with no sucess. I appreciate any help!

meadowcrofttow!verizon.net in Baltimore, Maryland

48 months ago

ABS light will not go out, master control relay current is above normal or grounded circuit.

GMC in Cincinnati, Ohio

48 months ago

Hmmmm,, Check Under your truck to see it "That" wirer is rubbing on the crossover beam!! The Turbo maybe stuck,, You should hear it move the arm back and forth when you turn the key on and off,, Have some one get in the truck and watch to see if the arm moves back and forth when the key is turned on..
If it does not move then the Turbo vane's are stuck and the turbo will need to be replaced,,

Good Luck,
GMC

Jd in Chesterfield, Missouri

48 months ago

broke truck in Marietta, Georgia said: i have a 2007 international 4300, 466dt it only starts with starting fluid and now i put it i drive and it dies. what the hell! any ideals??

Make sure you have oil pressure and fuel pressure, you can take out the engine oil temp sensor out of the back of the inner front cover, oil should come out, if not you have a oil pump problem, next take off the valve cover, unplug all the injectors leave the icp sensor plugged in, unplug the cam sensor so it will crank but won't start, when cranking you should have a even flow of oil coming out of every injector, usually if I can still see the wiring and the white plastic peice on the injector through the oil easily it's flowing correctly if it's flowing alot out of any of them it could be the orings or the injector, common hard to start problem

48 months ago

Matt in Appleton, Wisconsin said: Just left the shop with my '03 4300 DT-466. Had the fuel pump replaced... mechanic claims that the fuel tank is rusting heavily on the inside. Cleaned the strainer above the fuel filter to find packed with rust. Says the new fuel is causing the problem...He also said International is well aware that these fuel tanks rust out. That's upsetting that no one will notify the consumer. Anyone know where i can get a cheap replacement tank?

International has a tank cleaner/flush not all of them have it but I've cleaned many, if not just clean the housing if it's an egr motor, non egr take off the bottom of the housing and clean the strainer, I've sen trucks run for years by doing that. Fuel could be causing it but it's a VERY common thing unless it's an aluminum tank. Thats why they made there own tank cleaner for the dealers

48 months ago

Check idm/ECM cable in battery box, burnt fuse, bad connector, if so you HAVE to replace the cable, but sounds like you have a short, really only common place is driver side firewall or along the valve cover or by the intake heater (egr)

oslyn in Powder Springs, Georgia

47 months ago

i have a 2005 INTERNATIONAL DT466 I WAS GETTING READY TO LEAVE THE YARD AND DID A PRETRIP INSPECTION AND COME TO FIND OUT MY HIGHBEAM AND WIPERS HAS STOP WORKING AT THE SAME TIME.ANY SUGGESTION THANK YOU

immail in Elizabeth, New Jersey

47 months ago

i have a 2004 international 4300 my transmision is stuck in second gear?
any ideas?

FAF in Houston, Texas

47 months ago

05 intl 4300 .water hose and water reservoire got broken and changed but water seem to vanish after driving for few hours and warning light comes on! is it a head gasket?

Page:  « First « Previous   2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.