05 international 4300 series power problem

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (401 to 413 of 413)
Page:  « First « Previous   6  7  8  9   

rudy of Fort smith in fort smith, Arkansas

8 months ago

Well guys I have an update on my truck. After sitting at the International dealer for 4months and them not doing a damn thing basically. I just sold my truck as is on Craigslist. I still owed 9300$. Sold i5 for 12500$. Bank value after all the stuff I've done to it was about 26000$. Anyway. Day I signed the papers I asked the guy if he figured out my problem. He said he did. But I wouldn't like it. After asking 3times. He finally told me. He said he took it to his mechanic and after 10mins of driving it with computer on it he said they figured it out. I'm like in disbelief because th3 truck has been sitting at carco international in ft.smith and they haven't figured anything out. He tells me it was the wastegate on the new turbo I had put on it at the dealer about 8 months ago. He said when it took off the wastegate would open and not allow pressure to build up. He said it should have been building 20 psi and it would only build 3psi. So he said he clamped some vice grips on it to make it stay shut and he said it ran better than his 2014 model! I was really pretty angry. Because the turbo had another 2yrs of warranty left. So it wouldn't have cost me a thing! Yet for whatever reason the dealer couldn't figure it out??? I basically had to sell my truck for a huge loss. And lost my livelihood because of it. All because of this faulty wastegate that the dealer wouldn't or couldn't figure out. I am truly in utter disbelief at what happened. But aanyways.regarless of how much I lost I'm glad I never have to deal with one of these piece of crap trucks ever again!. Good luck to all you guys that have them. I would advise any of you to never ever take your truck to the dealer in Fort smith! Good luck guys. You'll need it on these dang trucks.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

brian in Patchogue, New York

7 months ago

towman in Natchitoches, Louisiana said: I have a 2005,4300 International the heater will not get hot we have checked everything we can and still no heater,however when the fan switch is on low speed it will get alittle warm but when I turn the fan switch to hi speed it starts to getting cool and not warm up again until I switch back to low speed for 2-3 minutes.I need some help please

Can you tell me if you fixed your problem and how? I'm having same issue with my 2002 international 4300. Very little heat in cab. It's veryyyyyy cold out

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

rudy of Fort smith in fort smith, Arkansas

7 months ago

brian in Patchogue, New York said: Can you tell me if you fixed your problem and how? I'm having same issue with my 2002 international 4300. Very little heat in cab. It's veryyyyyy cold out

That can be a couple of things. your heater core could be blocked. you may have to either change it out. Or you can unplug the hoses and get a high pressure hose and back flush it until the gunk coming out of it is clear. Or it can be one of the vents not closing and its allowing cold air to enter from outside. its the blend door. those little motors go out all the time. there are like 3 of them. that can make it seem cold.

id check the blend door first. then check the little motor that closes the door. I think its like 34$ if that isn't the prob then id try backflushing the heater core.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Jonathan Buscha in Austin, Texas

7 months ago

I drive a 2006 International 4300 ST 466 for my company hauling mail. This truck has 2 things that happen that the mechanic is having a hard time figuring out. 1. Every so often the yellow engine light flashes on while driving. And 2. Every so often it starts beeping around 8-10 times with no warning lights coming on or a message below the mileage. I always do a pre & post trip inspection of all fluids (no brake fluid due to air brakes). They are always fine when both issues happen. Can anyone help us out?

joshua

6 months ago

Nejoshualson in Ontario, California said: hey all, we've been dealing with 3 trucks in our fleet that are experiencing severe power losses. no codes are being set, and several things have been tried up to and including changing turbos and injectors. we are wondering if the new fuel might be causing because this problem has surfaced since it's release. of course international is not being very helpful in releasing information, and our 07 has similar problems and has been in and out of thier shop many times, each time with different parts being replaced in what seems to be a "try it and see if that works" approach to repair. any feedback would be aprecciated. thanks

Hey I need some help

joshua

6 months ago

I have 4 2005 international with a dt466 in it and I can't get them to run at all I need some help the dealer won't help me

joshua

6 months ago

joshua said: Hey I need some help

U could have a bad turbo

Amy in Columbus, Ohio

5 months ago

2007 International 4300 DT466 Pain in my butt! Engine light came on yesterday, went off almost immediately. Had rough idle but went away. This morning, truck starts, runs for 10 seconds and kills itself, repeatedly. Engine light on. Warn Engine displayed on odometer. Any ideas?

brian in Central Islip, New York

5 months ago

Amy in Columbus, Ohio said: 2007 International 4300 DT466 Pain in my butt! Engine light came on yesterday, went off almost immediately. Had rough idle but went away. This morning, truck starts, runs for 10 seconds and kills itself, repeatedly. Engine light on. Warn Engine displayed on odometer. Any ideas?

Check the interconnect cables above your batteries. They probably need to be replaced. They get fried out and start the melt harness. Happen to mine. You will get engine light on from it. International updated the new part. More bs from international. usually problem where 4he 40 amp fuse goes

dukeof1999 in Irving, Texas

5 months ago

Nelson in Ontario, California said: hey all, we've been dealing with 3 trucks in our fleet that are experiencing severe power losses. no codes are being set, and several things have been tried up to and including changing turbos and injectors. we are wondering if the new fuel might be causing because this problem has surfaced since it's release. of course international is not being very helpful in releasing information, and our 07 has similar problems and has been in and out of thier shop many times, each time with different parts being replaced in what seems to be a "try it and see if that works" approach to repair. any feedback would be aprecciated. thanks

Be shure to replace the rubber grommets on your fuel lines off the filter. They get old and hard and will leak

Buy the Pound in Spotswood, New Jersey

4 months ago

I just picked up an Fcar HD scanner F502 to read data on my 05' International 4300 DT466. I have been having trouble with cold starts and low power. Wanted to check high pressure oil pressure and fuel pressure. The information I got is confusing and I don't know which pressure I need.
Here is what came up;
Injector metering rail #2 pressure 3.09psi
Extended Range Fuel Delivery Pressure (absolute) 6546.07psi
Auxiliary Gage Pressure Reading #1 457.66psi
Auxiliary Vacuum Pressure Reading 1471.50psi
this was all taken at idle, if anything looks familiar please reply.
Thanks John

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Brian in Medford, New York

1 month ago

rudy of Fort smith in fort smith, Arkansas said: Well guys I have an update on my truck. After sitting at the International dealer for 4months and them not doing a damn thing basically. I just sold my truck as is on Craigslist. I still owed 9300$. Sold i5 for 12500$. Bank value after all the stuff I've done to it was about 26000$. Anyway. Day I signed the papers I asked the guy if he figured out my problem. He said he did. But I wouldn't like it. After asking 3times. He finally told me. He said he took it to his mechanic and after 10mins of driving it with computer on it he said they figured it out. I'm like in disbelief because th3 truck has been sitting at carco international in ft.smith and they haven't figured anything out. He tells me it was the wastegate on the new turbo I had put on it at the dealer about 8 months ago. He said when it took off the wastegate would open and not allow pressure to build up. He said it should have been building 20 psi and it would only build 3psi. So he said he clamped some vice grips on it to make it stay shut and he said it ran better than his 2014 model! I was really pretty angry. Because the turbo had another 2yrs of warranty left. So it wouldn't have cost me a thing! Yet for whatever reason the dealer couldn't figure it out??? I basically had to sell my truck for a huge loss. And lost my livelihood because of it. All because of this faulty wastegate that the dealer wouldn't or couldn't figure out. I am truly in utter disbelief at what happened. But aanyways.regarless of how much I lost I'm glad I never have to deal with one of these piece of crap trucks ever again!. Good luck to all you guys that have them. I would advise any of you to never ever take your truck to the dealer in Fort smith! Good luck guys. You'll need it on these dang trucks.

That's horrible. Im actually having same exact problem you did with my truck. It misses for couple seconds and I step on gas and get through it.

latoya in Indianapolis, Indiana

13 days ago

Have a 1987 kenworth dump truck t800, was working on a job site saw smoke coming from hood lifted it up saw wires from my starter burning. It stop smoking so I kept on work by the time I cut off the truck it wouldn't start back up, I replaced the wire but it didnt start. What could be the problem?

Page:  « First « Previous   6  7  8  9   

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.