05 international 4300 series power problem

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (401 to 416 of 416)
Page:  « First « Previous   6  7  8  9   

brian in Patchogue, New York

13 months ago

lessleyjohnson in jackson, Georgia said: I have a 2005 dt466 international truck came in for service and we changed oil and all filters truck ran great for a 100 miles and then starting losing power and then completely shut down. tried to crank it back up and wont build up oil pressure so we had it towed back in to our fleet and we then replaced high pressure oil pump with a brand new irp valve, and also a new turbo, after replacing with a the old high pressure oil pump with new pump the truck cranked with a extremely hard start , it ran for minute and then shut it self back off will only build up 5 lbs oil pressure while trying to start. let it set 3 hours and will start up and run for a couple min(not even reaching operating temp) then shuts back off

ouch , throwing expensive money at it, turbo would of never made those issues,try cam sensor first but also can be the wire harness on the batteries for ecm , theres a servivce bulletin for it, it happened to mine, try the cheaper stuff first, internatiional very prone to these 2 issues, if not bad now it will go bad soon

- Was this comment helpful?
Reply - Report abuse

brian in Patchogue, New York

13 months ago

Freddy in Houston, Texas said: Having tons of problems haa someone gonw through this? Have a 05 international Dt466 we changed out the starter and fuel pump and high pressure pump and no start also the engine light is on and when i put starting fluid it trys to cranck ... dont knw what to do next

try cam sensor but also can be the wire harness on the batteries for ecm , theres a servivce bulletin for it, it happened to mine, try the cheaper stuff first, internatiional very prone to these 2 issues, if not bad now it will go bad soon

try wire harness first if wont even start check the fuse first, i think its a 30 fuse ecm

Reply - Report abuse

Lisa in Ontario, CA in Ontario, California

10 months ago

I have a 2007 Internationa 4300 with a DT466 and it runs fine, but will shut down without warning...after 10 minutes, it will start right back up! I'm getting a code PID97 FMI 4 - Water in fuel signal out of range. Does anyone have any ideas about this? Thanks !!!!!

Reply - Report abuse

Ryan in Missouri

10 months ago

lessleyjohnson in jackson, Georgia said: I have a 2005 dt466 international truck came in for service and we changed oil and all filters truck ran great for a 100 miles and then starting losing power and then completely shut down. tried to crank it back up and wont build up oil pressure so we had it towed back in to our fleet and we then replaced high pressure oil pump with a brand new irp valve, and also a new turbo, after replacing with a the old high pressure oil pump with new pump the truck cranked with a extremely hard start , it ran for minute and then shut it self back off will only build up 5 lbs oil pressure while trying to start. let it set 3 hours and will start up and run for a couple min(not even reaching operating temp) then shuts back off

I would think by now you have fixed this problem I am answering it because it may help others. Without hooking up to it or seeing what's going on in person your problem sounds like a ICP leak and the reason why it was so hard to start following the pump replacement was due to air in the ICP system. So now it starts cold but warms up some then dies will not start till it cools sounds like bad o-rings on the HP oil rail remove rail and inspect. Your base engine oil pressure is about right for cranking but you also have to remember that if you have a ICP leak your losing oil while it's trying to build so the pressure will be a bit lower

Reply - Report abuse

Ryan in Missouri

10 months ago

Lisa in Ontario, CA in Ontario, California said: I have a 2007 Internationa 4300 with a DT466 and it runs fine, but will shut down without warning...after 10 minutes, it will start right back up! I'm getting a code PID97 FMI 4 - Water in fuel signal out of range. Does anyone have any ideas about this? Thanks !!!!!

I wouldn't put to much stock in this water in fuel code this code will not cause it to shut down. Can you watch live data? What is your ICP during crank after it has shut down on you? You need above 500psi

Reply - Report abuse

Jayso in Roselle, New Jersey

9 months ago

I have a 2006 international dt4300 truck. The engine warning light will come on and the truck will go to idle. I push on the pedal and nothing happens. A couple minutes later, the engine light will go off and the truck will come back to life and run fine. Sometimes I get through the day without it happening at all and other days it happens often. A few weeks ago it complete shut off on me and when the mechanic replaced the ignition sensor, its been running great but the last few days the problem came back and yesterday it completely shut down and wont start.Can anyone tell me what the problem is?

Reply - Report abuse

Ryan in Kansas City, Missouri

9 months ago

Have you tried to restart it cold? What part are you talking about when you say ignition sensor? If you have a crank no start issue even with the engine cold Start by checking fuses in battery box also check the plastic connector in the battery box to ensure its not internally melted.

Reply - Report abuse

tonyagcaa in Quincy, Massachusetts

9 months ago

You said engine lite is on start by checking for codes that would be the first step in t/s your problem

Reply - Report abuse

Jayso in Roselle, New Jersey

9 months ago

Ryan in Kansas City, Missouri said: Have you tried to restart it cold? What part are you talking about when you say ignition sensor? If you have a crank no start issue even with the engine cold Start by checking fuses in battery box also check the plastic connector in the battery box to ensure its not internally melted.

Im sorry, i meant we replaced the crank sensor. The last time i had a similar issue we replaced the crank sensor and its been running great until the last week or so when the same issue has re appeared. The battery connectors look ok and fuses seem fine. Could i have blown the crank sensor out in just a few weeks?

Reply - Report abuse

9 months ago

You said you have a check engine lite on you need to pull codes first before anything else

Reply - Report abuse

Ryan in Kansas City, Missouri

9 months ago

The reason I didn't ask you to check codes in the ECM I am assuming you don't have a way to. Yes then Cam sensor can be bad already Or did you mean crank sensor?

Reply - Report abuse

9 months ago

Should be able to pull codes via the steering controls cruise/ resume

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

9 months ago

tonyagcaa in Quincy, Massachusetts said: Should be able to pull codes via the steering controls cruise/ resume

Quick check if you suspect bad cam sensor
Crank the motor and watch your rpm gauge
It should climb upwards

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

Tina in Statesboro, Georgia

8 months ago

billsgarage in Sparta, North Carolina said: the wireing is the problem at the fire wall on the driver side the brown plug will have a loose pin .

How would I replace the brown plug? What is it called and where can I buy a replacement ?

Reply - Report abuse

aquariustowing@*****.*** in Lake Havasu City, Arizona

7 months ago

2005 international ,Allison transmission just rebuilt, place into reverse, no problem. Place it into drive, limp mode within 30 seconds. New wire harness installed. Changed ECU. Still goes into limp mode on forward drive. Any HELP would be great.

Reply - Report abuse

Adekunle in Washington, District of Columbia

5 months ago

I have 2007 international traight truck, I was running 75mph on a trip of 7hrs, after 5hrs my truck flashed me yellow engine light [Engine] came out of the dashboard and go away like 3times, within an hour. Never loose power, never make strange noises, never try to shut down. I drove it for the next 3hrs without the lights come on again. But am worried what could be the cause of this light. Please can anyone help me out here with any idea thanks

Reply - Report abuse

Page:  « First « Previous   6  7  8  9   

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.