05 international 4300 series power problem

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (401 to 405 of 405)
Page:  « First « Previous   6  7  8  9   

Freddy in Houston, Texas

5 months ago

Having tons of problems haa someone gonw through this? Have a 05 international Dt466 we changed out the starter and fuel pump and high pressure pump and no start also the engine light is on and when i put starting fluid it trys to cranck ... dont knw what to do next

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Tim in Roscoe, Illinois

2 months ago

Rudy In Fort Smith in Fort Smith, Arkansas said: Contiued Post 5

And as everyone knows, they are notorious for going out. Although, they usually will kick out white smoke when they do. Mine is not. I asked him if he thought perhaps it was an injector going out or getting weak?? he's like I don't know. they should have saw it on the computer if it was bad if they ran the test. Which, I don't know if they did or not because they knew that I had had my injectors changed. So, I don't know. We are currently at wits end. I can't afford to keep putting parts on this truck because I'm actually wanting to get rid of this truck and get out of my route. At least as an owner/operator. But, I'd like my truck to be running good as for it will make the truck easier to sell when I can if it's running as opposed to not. Any ideas on what this may be? I'm just really burnt out on this truck. I wish the cummins motor had come out when I first got into the business in these trucks. I have been borrowing a truck from a coworker. One of his old standbys. It is a 1994 International with the Old DT466. It has 500k miles and it runs great! All original motor. No tear down. More power than mine. even though its a double clutching, gear grinding old crap box without an A/C installed. Mechanically it much better motor than what these newer "better" internationals have. =-( Any help is appreciated. I'll respond once I do figure out the prob.

Check your IPR Valve on the back of the HPOP. This exact thing happened to me, that was my root cause.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

lessleyjohnson in jackson, Georgia

2 months ago

I have a 2005 dt466 international truck came in for service and we changed oil and all filters truck ran great for a 100 miles and then starting losing power and then completely shut down. tried to crank it back up and wont build up oil pressure so we had it towed back in to our fleet and we then replaced high pressure oil pump with a brand new irp valve, and also a new turbo, after replacing with a the old high pressure oil pump with new pump the truck cranked with a extremely hard start , it ran for minute and then shut it self back off will only build up 5 lbs oil pressure while trying to start. let it set 3 hours and will start up and run for a couple min(not even reaching operating temp) then shuts back off

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

brian in Patchogue, New York

2 months ago

lessleyjohnson in jackson, Georgia said: I have a 2005 dt466 international truck came in for service and we changed oil and all filters truck ran great for a 100 miles and then starting losing power and then completely shut down. tried to crank it back up and wont build up oil pressure so we had it towed back in to our fleet and we then replaced high pressure oil pump with a brand new irp valve, and also a new turbo, after replacing with a the old high pressure oil pump with new pump the truck cranked with a extremely hard start , it ran for minute and then shut it self back off will only build up 5 lbs oil pressure while trying to start. let it set 3 hours and will start up and run for a couple min(not even reaching operating temp) then shuts back off

ouch , throwing expensive money at it, turbo would of never made those issues,try cam sensor first but also can be the wire harness on the batteries for ecm , theres a servivce bulletin for it, it happened to mine, try the cheaper stuff first, internatiional very prone to these 2 issues, if not bad now it will go bad soon

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

brian in Patchogue, New York

2 months ago

Freddy in Houston, Texas said: Having tons of problems haa someone gonw through this? Have a 05 international Dt466 we changed out the starter and fuel pump and high pressure pump and no start also the engine light is on and when i put starting fluid it trys to cranck ... dont knw what to do next

try cam sensor but also can be the wire harness on the batteries for ecm , theres a servivce bulletin for it, it happened to mine, try the cheaper stuff first, internatiional very prone to these 2 issues, if not bad now it will go bad soon

try wire harness first if wont even start check the fuse first, i think its a 30 fuse ecm

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Page:  « First « Previous   6  7  8  9   

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.