International 4900 DT466E - not throttle response ?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1 to 50 of 63)
Page:   1  2  Next »   Last »

greekviking in Little Neck, New York

55 months ago

Hello guys,

I have an International 4700 DT466E. At certain times the orange water/oil indicator lights and there is no throttle response !!! It just idles. There is no conection with the throttle and engine. If you shut it off and start it back up, it works fine. What do you guys think it could be ? Maybe some kind of throttle sensor ? Thanks in advance.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (105) / No (32) Reply - Report abuse

greekviking in Little Neck, New York

55 months ago

greekviking in Little Neck, New York said: Hello guys,

I have an International 4700 DT466E. At certain times the orange WARN/ENGINE lights and there is no throttle response !!! It just idles. There is no conection with the throttle and engine. If you shut it off and start it back up, it works fine. What do you guys think it could be ? Maybe some kind of throttle sensor ? Thanks in advance.

Replaced the cam sensor...did not fix this problem. Checked oil pressure sensor and got a 30 psi at idle and a 50 psi at 2300 rpms. Do you think it could be the oil pumps not building enough pressure? If so, do I have to change the upper and lower together ? The motor has 156,000 miles.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (48) / No (13) Reply - Report abuse

oral1967 in Orlando, Florida

51 months ago

I have an International 4700 DT466E. At certain times the orange water/oil indicator lights and there is no throttle response !!! It just idles. There is no conection with the throttle and engine. If you shut it off and start it back up, it works fine. What do you guys think it could be ? Maybe some kind of throttle sensor ? Thanks in advance.

When this occurs did you inspect at the throttle sensor if there is a five volts, now if there is five volts
at the throttle electrical connector replace the sensor, but if there is no five volt at the electrical connector install a overlay harness.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (29) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

oral1967 in Orlando, Florida

51 months ago

david cadrain in Rocky Mountain House, Alberta said: I have a 1995 international that i put a rebuid 466e in has only 500 hour .on a cold start it does not get oil pressure 45_90 sec what shoud i look for .the longer it down the longer it takes to pick up oil .

Does the engine crank and start up immediately or does it take 45-90 secods to start? Before starting in he morning remove oil tempreture sensor in the cover and see if the oil is coming out the sensor, if theres no oil coming out of the cover then the pick up tubue can be cracked and broken. When you had the engine rebulit did you have it inspectered or replaced, but when you rebulid it you should replace.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

oral1967 in Lady Lake, Florida

50 months ago

do you mean that the truck has no throttle response when trying to accelerate?also why did you change the cam sensor?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Billy humphrey in Sylacauga, Alabama

46 months ago

sorry, above guestion for " geekviking " not roland. but need any help we can get tks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No Reply - Report abuse

Roland Arends in Oranjestad, Aruba

46 months ago

thanks for the info, but the guys ask me to ask where it is locate

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Roland Arends in Oranjestad, Aruba

44 months ago

We have some people from International over and advice to change two sensors on the throttle but it stay the same,now we are waiting for someone of Panama to have a lock on the truck

laurent in Boynton Beach, Florida

44 months ago

if not working check your wirring for bad connection.make sure you have anought oil or coolant low coolant up and down hill can do that too

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Roland Arends in Santa Cruz, Aruba

43 months ago

finely truck back in services,We replace the throttle electrical connector , thanks

Roland

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No Reply - Report abuse

seemeingreenz in Grenada

41 months ago

has any one had a situation where headl lights go out but park and pass operate normally? no low or high beam, only lights when pass is pulled? EGC fitted truck 466E unsure about the year but it supposed to be 2008. Any ideas?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

bizphyh1 in Franklin, North Carolina

41 months ago

I just bought a 1991 International 4900. Drove it from Pittsburg to Western North Carolina. When I drove it the next time the odometer, RPM guages, oil pressure guage and the altenator guage doesn't work. The altenator was week on the trip down here, but still cranks fine. I can't makeout any particular fuse that would make this happen. Does anyone have any suggestions.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (25) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Ron in Miami, Florida

40 months ago

I have a 1997 DT466e/4700. My battery charge gauge jumps from 14 to 10 repeatedly. Sometimes stays stuck at 10 volts for 15 minute or more at a time, yet, the battery is never low. Do I have a faulty gauge or a charging issue?

Truck also has check engine light come on during hard acceleration but no trouble code? Turn off and restart and the truck runs fine until the next occurrence of hard acceleration.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

oral1967 in Hamden, Connecticut

40 months ago

Ron in Miami, Florida said: I have a 1997 DT466e/4700. My battery charge gauge jumps from 14 to 10 repeatedly. Sometimes stays stuck at 10 volts for 15 minute or more at a time, yet, the battery is never low. Do I have a faulty gauge or a charging issue?

Truck also has check engine light come on during hard acceleration but no trouble code? Turn off and restart and the truck runs fine until the next occurrence of hard acceleration.

hey there inspect the starter stud make sure it not loose. during hard acceleration you need to look at the high pressure pump during full engine load. also look at ipr valve psi 2600psi valve 42%

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

oral1967 in Hamden, Connecticut

40 months ago

bizphyh1 in Franklin, North Carolina said: I just bought a 1991 International 4900. Drove it from Pittsburg to Western North Carolina. When I drove it the next time the odometer, RPM guages, oil pressure guage and the altenator guage doesn't work. The altenator was week on the trip down here, but still cranks fine. I can't makeout any particular fuse that would make this happen. Does anyone have any suggestions.

hey look the ground wire behind the cluster or the cluster need to be replace

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

seemeingreenz in Grenville, Grenada

40 months ago

thanks bro,,, i have found the problem, you're,, it's was the esc connector

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

bizphyh1 in Bryson City, North Carolina

40 months ago

oral1967 in Hamden, Connecticut said: hey look the ground wire behind the cluster or the cluster need to be replace

Thank you for the response. I'll pull the cluster and check things out.

REMLAP in Salinas, California

39 months ago

Anybody have the specs for International DT466E overhead adjustment?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Ron in Miami, Florida

39 months ago

When this happened to me, I was told there are three relay's, under the hood, in the middle of the compartment near the windshield. I was to to try to remove them and to rearrange them. The truck started and I was able to drive to the dealer to get new relays. All three are the same relay and can be interchanged. Hope this is your problem.

Ron in Miami, Florida

39 months ago

When this happened to me, I was told there are three relay's, under the hood, in the middle of the compartment near the windshield. I was to to try to remove them and to rearrange them. The truck started and I was able to drive to the dealer to get new relays. All three are the same relay and can be interchanged. Hope this is your problem.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Ron in Miami, Florida

39 months ago

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Andrew in Guntersville, Alabama

39 months ago

i changed them still doing the same thing

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

gomez vial in Villa Cañás, Argentina

39 months ago

necesitaria manual de camión, de que pagina lo puedo obtener?, Gracias

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

dburt3044 in Pilot Point, Texas

39 months ago

it sounds like to me there is air in the lines. we had a truck do this same thing to us and it ended up being a fuel o ring was cracked and sucking air.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

corey in Marble Falls, Texas

38 months ago

seemeingreenz in Grenada said: has any one had a situation where headl lights go out but park and pass operate normally? no low or high beam, only lights when pass is pulled? EGC fitted truck 466E unsure about the year but it supposed to be 2008. Any ideas?

yes it was the head light switch on the left side of lower dash by your left leg. this was on a newer international school bus, but it is called a housing not a switch. part 35820 62 C1. this housing has three plastic switches that go in it that push the contacts for the lights.

38 months ago

bizphyh1 in Franklin, North Carolina said: I just bought a 1991 International 4900. Drove it from Pittsburg to Western North Carolina. When I drove it the next time the odometer, RPM guages, oil pressure guage and the altenator guage doesn't work. The altenator was week on the trip down here, but still cranks fine. I can't makeout any particular fuse that would make this happen. Does anyone have any suggestions.

lose plug on back of cluster or need to have cluster rebuilt

38 months ago

lose plug on back of cluster or need to have cluster rebuilt

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

ryan in Dubuque, Iowa

38 months ago

have 1995 international 466e cranks no start. i do have check lite come on and go out on start up. no lites while cranking. good oil pressure while cranking and have rpms.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Dale in Sylva, North Carolina

38 months ago

corey in Marble Falls, Texas said: lose plug on back of cluster or need to have cluster rebuilt

Thank you Corey for your response. It was operator error. I was turning ignition switch back to far. New to this big truck so I'm learning.

randyc in Venice, Florida

38 months ago

Low oil pressure sensor, derates engine,,have same problem with 4900. could be high press. oil pump, pickup tube, or press. relief tube. when you shut it off and restart, it resets computer.

michaanic@mechel in Central, South Carolina

37 months ago

check water level. if its full unplug water level sensor in surge tank. if it fixes the problem replace water level sensor

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Tony in Greenwich, Connecticut

36 months ago

HELP! I have a 2006 466e and the motor keeps running hot. I have put a thermostat, clutch fan, the water pump is 4 months old. Once the truck is warmed up it will run @ 210 then you start pushing the truck it will go over 230 and red engine light will come on. if you stop driving the temp will go down quickly. Ialso have power washed the radiator and changed airfilter. Thanks.

ovanniekerk in Bridgeport, Connecticut

36 months ago

do the fan come on also look at the radiator for clogging between the condensor and radiator also it not good to run the engine to 230 you have to look at the egr cooler

Tony in Stamford, Connecticut

36 months ago

Truck is not using water, still look at erg? Put new clutch fan in yesterday.

ovann

36 months ago

also i have found that on egr engine the thermostat crack that will overheat the engine

tony in Stamford, Connecticut

36 months ago

thermostat is brand new

ovann

36 months ago

tony in Stamford, Connecticut said: thermostat is brand new

do the the fan come on at 215

Randy Pirate in Dunnellon, Florida

36 months ago

I have two 466e engines just rebuilt, can't get oil up to high pressure pump on either one. Yes relief valves are installed on timing cover. I do have oil coming to filter from low pressure pump but doesn't make it to oil sending unit. HELP!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

Randy Pirate in Dunnellon, Florida

36 months ago

I get oil coming to oil filter, and turbo but none to the pressure sending unit or high pressure pump. I'm looking at replacing oil pump and relief valve at this point.

laurent nicolas in Trenton, New Jersey

36 months ago

u need to used a presure gage to see how much presure u get out of the pump

35 months ago

you just rebuilt this engine? also did put new oil pump ? also i did not see this relief valve go bad PUT a manual gauge at the oil sensor and see what is the reding it must be at 18 psi at idle at cranking 14 psi.

grenadian in Saint George, Grenada

35 months ago

both engines not sending oil up to the high pressure pump- sounds to me like a something was probably not done right.

35 months ago

did you see oil coming out of the oil temp sensor in the front cover? you have oil coming to a filter what oil filter.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

shoprat in Pasadena, Texas

34 months ago

dj478 in Port-of-spain, Trinidad and Tobago said: I have a 4900 engine DT466.The truck runs for a few minutes and cuts off. The engine is not overheating. When engine cools it will restart.

look at the high pressure oil pump and or it could be as simple as a plugged up screen on the filter prime pump

oral1967 in Bridgeport, Connecticut

34 months ago

is it a egr engine?

Verdi in Baltimore, Maryland

33 months ago

gomez vial in Villa Cañás, Argentina said: necesitaria manual de camión, de que pagina lo puedo obtener?, Gracias

issuu.com/lusartrodher/docs/manual_de_mantenimiento_de_motor_diesel
esa es la pagina del manual

SXTY 9 Mach in Wilmington, Delaware

33 months ago

tony in Stamford, Connecticut said: thermostat is brand new

Try washing radiator with garden hose from engine bay toward grille, this is commonly overlooked. Other posts sound like electrical connections, extremely common on 4000 series ... connectors look good to the eye however poor in function, unplugging and reconnecting gives temporary positive results and quickly fail in use, same as muliplex jumper harness problems - just change the weather-pac connectors. Applies to all drive by wire (apps equipped) applications. Changing these connectors will noticably improve performance on most vehicles with over 100,000.
An earlier post mentioned idle ok but poor response accompanied by warning light - map sensor hose - also common and overlooked

cynicaljamz in Mcallen, Texas

33 months ago

cynicaljamz in Mission, Texas said: Have u tried out the Vehicle Personality Module (VPM)it's beside the ECM, actually top left of the ecm very hidden under the dash.I had same symptons no response on accelerator, turns on fine when idle as soon u let it warm up it would do fine. Swap it out now it works but now I have warn engine light on as well the oil/water light on. I put back the old computer it's doing the same thing now so I know the new computer is doing fine.

Fixed it the VPM was for earlier model that is why it turned on the oil/water light on, now I got a good correct VPM and it works great now. Mine had no response when applying the gas pedal now it roars.

stumped? in Suwanee, Georgia

32 months ago

my 1995 international dt466e is hard to crank when cold,but cranks fine when engine is warm.when run for 3 or 4 miles it starts missing real bad for about a minute.then sometimes goes back to noremal,other times i have to pull to the side and it dies,after a few min.it will crank right back up and go for 10 to 15 miles and do it again.we put it on computer but found nothing! just started a tree bizz.and cant afford to take to shop.please help !any advise would very much so be appreciated.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

cynicaljamz in Pharr, Texas

32 months ago

stumped? in Suwanee, Georgia said: my 1995 international dt466e is hard to crank when cold,but cranks fine when engine is warm.when run for 3 or 4 miles it starts missing real bad for about a minute.then sometimes goes back to noremal,other times i have to pull to the side and it dies,after a few min.it will crank right back up and go for 10 to 15 miles and do it again.we put it on computer but found nothing! just started a tree bizz.and cant afford to take to shop.please help !any advise would very much so be appreciated.

Start with the basics: take it to an autozone to check your batteries & alternator. For the alternator check for the stator, regulator, & output state test starving the electronics because lack of voltage may cause the symptons you are having. Check the Injector Pressure Regulator(IPR) it's on the High pressure oil pump(HPOP) check the connector that plugs into the IPR if it has some oil in it when removing it. If it's oily to the touch then it's not good. Also check for the Injection Control Pressure(ICP) check connector if it has oil in it as well. If you checked the computer which one? There is Engine Control Module(ECM) which is under the dash on driver side it's very hidden & it has a sticker that says EEC-IV, Vehicle Personality Module(VPM) is right beside the ECM its purpose is to get the signal from the Crankshaft sensor then it sends a signal to the Injector Control Module to see if everything is working harmoniously together, & Injector Driver Module(IDM) which is by attached by the firewall or underneath the hood next to the relays is always confused with ECM, it controls the injectors it's purpose is to power them up(injectors) converts 12 volts to 110 volts in order for them to operate.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

Page:   1  2  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.