iveco engine identification

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (51 to 100 of 655)
Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  Next »   Last »

vic in Cheshunt, United Kingdom

69 months ago

i have a prolem with my brakiveco daily when it warm up and i brakand the edu light flashes on i have taken it to main dealer and they say it is my radio causing the problem i had a jcv fitted ayear ago can you help

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

vic in Cheshunt, United Kingdom

69 months ago

vic in Cheshunt, United Kingdom said: i have a prolem with my iveco daily when it warm up and i brake the edu light flashes on i have taken it to main dealer and they say it is my radio causing the problem i had a jcv fitted ayear ago can you help

can you help

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Jane21 in Manchester, United Kingdom

69 months ago

Can anyone please tell me the torque settings for bolt head on iveco 35S11 - hope this is
right as I don't really understand vans !!!! Thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Gordon in United Kingdom

69 months ago

jules4485 in Northampton, United Kingdom said: the computer will oly gear electrical faults your better of getting them to do a leak off test, i work for a dealer and that is what we would do

Hello Jules,
I have read your comments online on another matter and ould like some advice.I have a 2001 daily.The gears are stiff to change especially 1st/2 gear.Is there any way of solving this.Also hand brake keeps sticking.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (31) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

jules in Wellingborough, United Kingdom

69 months ago

are these problems happening when it is cold?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Bazil Scaletchi in Timisoara, Romania

69 months ago

Jane21 in Manchester, United Kingdom said: Can anyone please tell me the torque settings for bolt head on iveco 35S11 - hope this is
right as I don't really understand vans !!!! Thanks

-1st step: pre-tightening with torque wrench to torque of
60 ± 5 Nm;
- 2nd step: return to torque of 60 ± 5 Nm;
- 3rd step: closing with 180° ± 10° angle.
?
It is essential to keep the gasket sealed in its package
until just before assembly.

Gordon in United Kingdom

69 months ago

Gordon in United Kingdom said: Hello Jules,
I have read your comments online on another matter and ould like some advice.I have a 2001 daily.The gears are stiff to change especially 1st/2 gear.Is there any way of solving this.Also hand brake keeps sticking.

yes it is

Gordon in United Kingdom

69 months ago

yes it is

Gordon in United Kingdom

69 months ago

yes it is happening when it is cold

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

69 months ago

ok the ol is just cold in the gearbox so it is thicker, perhaps change the oil, and there are little rubber boots on the handbrake cables that perish and let water in, when its cold the water freezes and doesnt allow the cable to realease, try some new cables

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

Gordon in United Kingdom

69 months ago

jules in Wellingborough, United Kingdom said: ok the ol is just cold in the gearbox so it is thicker, perhaps change the oil, and there are little rubber boots on the handbrake cables that perish and let water in, when its cold the water freezes and doesnt allow the cable to realease, try some new cables

THE van had new handbrakes cales put on 6000 miles ago,the person who had the van before me said to spray some wd40 on the linkage at the rear brakes.Also do you think that changing the oil wil rectify the prblemwith the gearbox.Has there been any other prblems with the iveco gearbox?

jeth in Ireland

69 months ago

Hi all ,my previous comment concerning stop cellonoid was infact a cold start which I sorted out,but engine still will not start.On trying to start its blowing gray/blue smoke but will not fire,diesel seems to be at injectors and I have removed spring and plunger out of stop selonoid,still no joy.Any help appreciated? by the way its a 94 2.5 td fiat Iveco 35/10

69 months ago

there having you over mate, the loom is just replaced with the same one as you had fitted before, just a new one,

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

onkel_buck in Warrington, United Kingdom

69 months ago

Hi, Is there any way of preventing this trouble from re-occurring. Was told old wiring loom had corroded and new one had better insulating!

69 months ago

I have a 2003 35C11 Iveco Daily 2.8 Turbo Diesel. What sort of fuel consumption would be normal for this vehicle?

Is the engine an interferance i.e. if the cambelt snapped would there be valve contact with pistons?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (28) / No Reply - Report abuse

69 months ago

hi, yes if belt snapped they would be damage dont know fuel consumption but it is about average for a vehcle this size

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

69 months ago

the wres dont corrode the terminals spread on injector #4 or #3 plug

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

69 months ago

Thx Jules,
Just one more question. I have problems with the windscreen wiper control stalk and the light/indicator stalk. Sometimes they work fine other times you have to wiggle them up and down before they work. Is this a common problem on Ivecos? Should I replace them or is it something else?

trevor in Kildare, Ireland

69 months ago

onkel_buck in Warrington, United Kingdom said: Thx Jules,
Just one more question. I have problems with the windscreen wiper control stalk and the light/indicator stalk. Sometimes they work fine other times you have to wiggle them up and down before they work. Is this a common problem on Ivecos? Should I replace them or is it something else?

you need to take out the switches open them and solder all the connections i also had same problem every single connection had to be re-soldered

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No Reply - Report abuse

gordonjann in United Kingdom

69 months ago

hi,
i am looking for rear calipers for an iveco daily 29l.breakers have quoted £92,does anyonne have views on this offer.Also can the breakers be trusted to sell working parts?

Apeman in Slough, United Kingdom

69 months ago

jeth in Ireland said: Hi all ,my previous comment concerning stop cellonoid was infact a cold start which I sorted out,but engine still will not start.On trying to start its blowing gray/blue smoke but will not fire,diesel seems to be at injectors and I have removed spring and plunger out of stop selonoid,still no joy.Any help appreciated? by the way its a 94 2.5 td fiat Iveco 35/10

Hi, you need to adjust the cable to have about 1 or 2mm of free play when the engine is hot.
When the engine is cold the cable is short, thereby adjusting the pump, when hot the cable is longer and should have a little free play.

To get it started try manually moving the lever slightly, it only moves a few mmm anyway.

Also check heater plugs are working, it needs at least 2/3 when cold.

dean harper in Chelveston, United Kingdom

69 months ago

gordonjann in United Kingdom said: hi,
i am looking for rear calipers for an iveco daily 29l.breakers have quoted £92,does anyonne have views on this offer.Also can the breakers be trusted to sell working parts?

Helo Gordan, I am only going to say this once "Zeplin trading Ltd", just look for cheap iveco parts EBAY, phone them & ASK for Dan, please tell them Harper's Prestige Cleaning passed on their details. Think I Paid £130.00 brand new not recon IVECO part!!! they sell everything P&P is free over £100.

Regards

Dean.

any problem email me

i.theone
@btinternet.com

krooza in Durham, United Kingdom

69 months ago

dave in Oxford, United Kingdom said: I have an iveco van which kept cutting out, so I took it to a main dealer,they put it on their testing equipment and said that an injector was causing the fault. So after parting with a conciderable amount of money, on the way home the injector light started to come on again. this time not quite so bad but the problem is still there.I phoned the garage and they said it must be the high pressure pump. so was their first diaganostics wrong? What is happening is your driving along quite nicely and you ease up on the excelorator and the injection light comes on,( flashing ) the van seems to lose all power and as the van slows down to about 20mph it suddenly comes back to life as if nothing was wrong.Sometimes it does not happen for quite along time and then you get another bout.help any one with any idea.    
i had exactly the same problem it was the electric pump

krooza in Durham, United Kingdom

69 months ago

i had exactly the same fault on mine and it was the electric pump

Rob in Cardiff, United Kingdom

69 months ago

Andy in Waterlooville, United Kingdom said: Hi Guys - Can anyone help with this??? 52 plate Unijet. All is well then suddenly the revs drop for a split second, back again, drop off, back...kangaroo city!! Then it clears and all is well until it happens again. There is a relay ticking in the fusebox at the same time as the problem which we think is the fuel pump relay and from the front of the van we can hear a loud ticking (which sounds like a solenoid sort of clunk). The sound appears to be from around the exhaust manifold area or inside the rocker cover (if there is anything in there that might cause this). Our educated guess is that the engine management system is closing the fuel pump as part of the economy settings to prevent reving whilst braking due to a false reading somewhere. Are we on the right lines and if so any idea where this sensor is that will be causing the problem??? many thanks

Hi there, I had a similar problem with my Iveco and it was found to be fault in one of the wires of the harness which connected to the injector so if you went over a bump the power would decrease and the red injector light would flash, then after a few minutes the light would go out and the power would return. good luck with your search.

Andy in Waterlooville, United Kingdom

69 months ago

"I had a similar problem with my Iveco and it was found to be fault in one of the wires of the harness which connected to the injector so if you went over a bump the power would decrease and the red injector light would flash,"

Thanks for this...I should add that we don't get ANY warning lights comeup at all. The effect is exactly the same as putting your foot on the brake (or dipping the clutch) with your foot still on the accelerator....the management system cuts the revs instantly and then returns them as the clutch/brake is released....Could well be a wire or sensor, any experts know what is around the manifold or inside the rockerr box area that might give these symptoms?? Thx

darren in Penicuik, United Kingdom

69 months ago

54 plate 50.15c injector light flashes and loses a bit of power,when light goes out all power comes back..I GO ALLOVER GB LIKE THIS AND ITS FINE, ITS BETTER ON FUEL!!!.IT HAS 260,000 MILES ON.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Rob in Pontypridd, United Kingdom

69 months ago

Please see my earlier comment about the Injector wiring harness and check the connectors. Rob

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

pete172 in aberdeen, United Kingdom

68 months ago

Help

My Iveco Turbo daily 2.8 'W reg' (newish shape)is having problems starting when the engine is warm.
It turns over but does not fire start
Starts again fine once cooled down (after about 1 mabye 2 hours)
Starts great when cold.
Can anyone help me out please?
Also where do i find the diagnostics plug??

Cheers peter

knighty in Newcastle Upon Tyne, United Kingdom

68 months ago

hi

just thought I'd say, I'm another guy with the red injector light flashing up and a loss of power when you're easing off the accelerator...

it just got a lot worse when I re-ran the fuel line from the fuel filter to the pump (through a 3 way valve) ready to convert the van to a twin tank vegetable oil system...

I'm hoping I just knocked some wires which made it worse... I'll go check them now...

the wiring problem... does that make it (red light/power loss) happen all the time ? it only happens to me when I'm taking the power off ? it's fine as long as I keep my foot on the floor / steady power or come off the power very gently...

(changed filter and electric lift pump 2 weeks ago)

I also noticed the lift pump is quite noisy, getting under the van it's vibrating more than I'd expect and it's a little hot (can keep my hand on it no problems... but is hotter than I expected)

any input is greatly appreciated

thanks

Alan.

rob.bollard in Northampton, United Kingdom

68 months ago

pete172 in aberdeen, United Kingdom said: Help

My Iveco Turbo daily 2.8 'W reg' (newish shape)is having problems starting when the engine is warm.
It turns over but does not fire start
Starts again fine once cooled down (after about 1 mabye 2 hours)
Starts great when cold.
Can anyone help me out please?
Also where do i find the diagnostics plug??

Cheers peter

I have an X plate S29L11 with same fault. Only happens after a long journey or on a hot day, and the key code light comes on. Once engine cools down (below 60 on temp guage) it usually starts again. I thought it was to do with pump imobiliser piston sticking. Which sounds like an expensive repair. Had a 2.8 Fiat Ducatto, same engine I think, that had same fault and had the solenoid by-passed but apparently not possible on the Iveco. Must admit tough reading through the forum I have had most of the faults discussed, rear brakes etc.
Be great to hear if anyone has a fix for the imobiliser fault. All the best.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

lecky in Glasgow, United Kingdom

67 months ago

rob.bollard in Northampton, United Kingdom said: I have an X plate S29L11 with same fault. Only happens after a long journey or on a hot day, and the key code light comes on. Once engine cools down (below 60 on temp guage) it usually starts again. I thought it was to do with pump imobiliser piston sticking. Which sounds like an expensive repair. Had a 2.8 Fiat Ducatto, same engine I think, that had same fault and had the solenoid by-passed but apparently not possible on the Iveco. Must admit tough reading through the forum I have had most of the faults discussed, rear brakes etc.
Be great to hear if anyone has a fix for the imobiliser fault. All the best.

the immobiliser on top of the fuel pump is faulty .IT CAN BE REMOVED and there is a stop solenoid onthe pump under it that just works as normal .the middle terminal on the plug is 12volts ignition positive so can be used to switch it on

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

rob.bollard in Peterborough, United Kingdom

67 months ago

Thanks for your advice.

Do you know is it simply a case of snipping the wire and supplying a permanent 12v to the middle terminal?

67 months ago

not a permanent feed, an ignition, so when you turn off, the pump does, if it was permanent it wouldnt switch off

rob.bollard in Peterborough, United Kingdom

67 months ago

really appreciate your help many thanks

Rob

Stu in Milton Keynes, United Kingdom

67 months ago

Jules,

Out of interest, what sort of money are we talking to replace a key on a 99 Daily? I think you're probably my nearest Iveco dealer.

Mine's snapped. I have a new unchipped key (which works when taped to the old one) and of course the old chip so it's just a case really of a straight copy.

Andrew Sullivan in Manchester, United Kingdom

67 months ago

Hi, I have an iveco 35s13. Problem is when ime on the motorway doing about 65/70 mile an hour and have to come of the accelerator pedal to slow down the injector light flashes then I loose power, the power only comes back when I hit about 57/60 has anyone got any idea about this problem, Only I cant keep taking my mechanic out with me to show him the problem.... Guess what it doesn't happen when he's in the van. It’s doing my head in and fed up with paying iveco hand over fist
Thanks very much Andy andysull197@hotmail.com

knighty in Durham, United Kingdom

66 months ago

it sounds like the same problem that I have...

for me it happens when I come off the power...

have you tried reving it up and then letting the revs fall back down again ? it does it for me then too....

when the light comes on... drop the clutch and freewheel a bit... once it's ticked over for a few sec it should go back to normal...

I know this isn't any help with fixing the problem... but it might help you deal with it ?

66 months ago

knighty in Durham, United Kingdom said: it sounds like the same problem that I have...

for me it happens when I come off the power...

have you tried reving it up and then letting the revs fall back down again ? it does it for me then too....

when the light comes on... drop the clutch and freewheel a bit... once it's ticked over for a few sec it should go back to normal...

I know this isn't any help with fixing the problem... but it might help you deal with it ?

this is called leakage in overrun and is usually an injector fault it usually shows up on an injector test that can be done by a mechanic .
the ttest is a leak off test

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

knighty in Newcastle Upon Tyne, United Kingdom

66 months ago

cool, thanks for the help ! this has been bugging me for ages !!!

the leak off test... is that where they hook each of the spill off pipes up to a little pot and see how fast each pot fills ?

they should mall fill at the same rate... if one is different that is the bad one ?

thanks

Alan,

66 months ago

dave waller, united kindom in Ossett, United Kingdom said: someone who i know has 2 iveco turbo daily's. one is an R reg and the other is an S reg. both the speedos and rev counters in both vans have stopped working in exactly the same place. both vans are supposedly doing 10 mph and 500 revs whilst switched off and standing still. can anyone help, and would it be an easy problem for me to try and solve, many thanks

the gauges stop at this poiht due to the pin at the bottom
try checking the fuses as that is what is probabbly wrong

dave waller, united kindom in Ossett, United Kingdom

66 months ago

lecky in Glasgow, United Kingdom said: the gauges stop at this poiht due to the pin at the bottom
try checking the fuses as that is what is probabbly wrong

HI....
already tried that, iv,e even had then rev counter and speedo out to check the connections on the back, and had no luck. another thing i have tried is taking the dials out of both vans and swapping them over into the over van. but even that was a no go. i know there is a diode and a resistor on the back of the dials but iv'e tred them too. thanks

dave waller, united kindom in Ossett, United Kingdom

66 months ago

I've completely run out of ideas

vonrikety in Saltburn-by-the-sea, United Kingdom

66 months ago

HELP!!!! circumstances have dictated i had to sell my iveco and buy a cheaper van i have ended up with a citroen relay with 3rd gear problem. the problem is it dosent seem to be going into gear properly as soon as i accelarate it pops out and grinds it works fine changing down from 4th to 3rd. im clinging on to the hope its not a serious fault with gear box and maybe selecor cables just need replacing or adjusting has anyone else had a similar problem or any ideas where i can look it up. had a look at gearbox it looks a massive job to get it out someone please give me some hope... any help comments ideas welcomed thank you all..

66 months ago

dave waller, united kindom in Ossett, United Kingdom said: HI....
already tried that, iv,e even had then rev counter and speedo out to check the connections on the back, and had no luck. another thing i have tried is taking the dials out of both vans and swapping them over into the over van. but even that was a no go. i know there is a diode and a resistor on the back of the dials but iv'e tred them too. thanks

hi i had this problem on my iveco 3510. there was 2 things wrong with mine. firstly there is a small wire connects to the battery terminal check that is ok. secondly remove fuse box and check all relays are pushed in properly one of mine was loose i played around with wires at back of fuse box checked they were all ok and hey presto it worked fine and was working right up until i had to sell her yesterday. also have heard that if you remove the electronic speedo sensor in the gear box and check it for iron filings as it is an electro magnet this can cause problems simply take out and clean off. hope this has helped you out..

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

dave waller, united kindom in Lincoln, United Kingdom

66 months ago

thanks for that bit of info, i will try that whenever i have free time, i know there is a series of pins on this speedo sensor(after plug is removed). do you have to take the whole thing out of the gearbox
????

cheers

66 months ago

yeah take the whole thig out think its on a big nut 27mm or there abouts

dave waller, united kindom in Lincoln, United Kingdom

66 months ago

thanks i give tht a go , i let u no how it went !!

Andrew Sullivan in Manchester, United Kingdom

66 months ago

Iveco daily drivers with common rail engines.
The fault where as you are on the motorway doing 70mph then you have to come of the gas and the injector light flashes and theres no power until you reach 60mph, then it kicks in again. I have tried loads of things but i might have just found the problem,,, I have just changed the GOVERNOR REGULATER 180.00 + VAT that is situated behind the HIGH PRESSURE PUMP,,At the momment the van runs perfect yes even on the motorway, I am on the motorway every day, if there are any changes i will post it on here. If there is no post in the next 7 days regard this matter fixed. Regards to you all Andy

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No Reply - Report abuse

adblue in Perth, Australia

66 months ago

i have iveco euro4 daily which has had 3 lots of injectors done in a month..black smoke from exhaust and engine derate faulty injectors have been checked and seals seem to be the problem no codes logged..fuel has been evaluated all ok..all injectors are brand new..what next?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.