DON

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (8)

Karen in Cleveland, Ohio

73 months ago

I am thinking about going to school for this profession and would like to know if the field is open to new people. How much experience will one need to land this type of Job?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

retesrcd@comcast.net in Fairless Hills, Pennsylvania

71 months ago

I am also interested in a career change and Long term care appeals I would like some suggestions about how to prepare myself for administration. I am currently a nurse manager in acute care. 49 beds over 100 employees.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Lindsay Lynam in Phoenix, Arizona

71 months ago

retesrcd@comcast.net in Fairless Hills, Pennsylvania said: I am also interested in a career change and Long term care appeals I would like some suggestions about how to prepare myself for administration. I am currently a nurse manager in acute care. 49 beds over 100 employees.

Would you be interested in a Director of Nursing position?
Please advise and contact me ASAP 602.452.6419.
I'd be interested in learning more about your background.

Lisa Wurmlinger RN in Clarklake, Michigan

71 months ago

Though I have been a director of nursing, support from the two separate different companies that I have been associated with has been lacking. How can nurses trying to move up the corporate ladder succeed when the company, and management makes it unlikely that will occur. I wish to try management again with the right company that has the training,consultants,and corporate staff that can train adequately. Why put my license on the line when the corporation or company doesn't back up their statements.

Lisa Wurmlinger RN in Clarklake, Michigan

71 months ago

Lindsay Lynam in Phoenix, Arizona said: Would you be interested in a Director of Nursing position?
Please advise and contact me ASAP 602.452.6419.
I'd be interested in learning more about your background.

Please contact me per email: lwurm@comcast.net

Melanie in Spokane, Washington

70 months ago

Karen in Cleveland, Ohio said: I am thinking about going to school for this profession and would like to know if the field is open to new people. How much experience will one need to land this type of Job?

Well I am a DON and first of all you must be a Registered Nurse. Not only have excellent people skills, must understand regulatory compliance,be a team leader, organized,but adaptable to situations, experience in the long term care setting has been highly beneficial,and motivated. However at the end of the day, you better love working with the elderly,confused,dementias.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

DON reply in Dallas, Texas

70 months ago

Lisa Wurmlinger RN in Clarklake, Michigan said: Though I have been a director of nursing, support from the two separate different companies that I have been associated with has been lacking. How can nurses trying to move up the corporate ladder succeed when the company, and management makes it unlikely that will occur. I wish to try management again with the right company that has the training,consultants,and corporate staff that can train adequately. Why put my license on the line when the corporation or company doesn't back up their statements.

Stonegate is a really good corpation and pays well. They try to support their staff and you can move up the corporate ladder.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

DON reply in Dallas, Texas

70 months ago

I am looking for a DON positon but it is hard with no experience.

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.