Show me the money...

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (13)

Host

What are typical director of nursing salaries? Do some companies pay a lot more for this position than others? What does a top earner make in this field?

What skills should you learn to increase your salary?

Reply - Report abuse

Bverghese in New Holland, Pennsylvania

92 months ago

Host said: What are typical director of nursing salaries? Do some companies pay a lot more for this position than others? What does a top earner make in this field?
$65,000

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Ana Francisco in Miami, Florida

81 months ago

The Position of Director of Nursing has been lately undervalued in Miami, Florida...most employers want the Director of Nursing to work part-time and then have a annual salary of $35,000-40,000.
This is what is happening in Miami, most employers do not have a qualified Human Resources person that could screen the good candidates for the position of Director and some HR Recruiter do not speak English, this so ridiculous happenings in this City!!!
Plus, what was the reason, we RN went to school for? to get our degrees on RN, BSN, MSN, LNC and LHCRM or MBA? Most of the RN that I know, including myself have to have 2 jobs (one almost decent or average job and one mediocre) in order to survive, especially the ones like me that are single parent of two. On the other hand, a lot of non-professional personnel are occupying high paying positions and then have the RNs for signing only, believe me that that is happening in Miami. Scary, right? On the other hand, new nurses that are coming from Latin American countries and never had been thru College in the USA call themselves "nurses" and what is worst the Board of Nursing allow them to take the board exams unscrupulously. I think they lack a lot of skills, one example is one of them that once asked me: What is a Foley? This is scary!!!It is not safe for the patient.
And employers continue to hire these kind of fakes!!!Please, I would like to find someone that has seen what I am talking about and please send me your opinion to anaf303@yahoo.com
Thanks Ana

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

sam

78 months ago

I make 76,000 for DON and this is my first DON job...you guys are way undervalued...it is a hard job!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (15) / No Reply - Report abuse

Ana in Miami, Florida

78 months ago

I just fired my boss, being a Director of Nursing and very sad to see how we are treated, undervalued and on top our bosses make us feel like an ant in front of non-professional, low class people.
We are professionals and deserve be treated like one, but the majority of Home Health owners do not have education and are not able to behave in a professional way. On top, they do not want to pay what we are valued, we are risking our licenses for them for the most part, and look, especially in Miami, it is ridiculous to see how much they would pay you. On top you are responsible for everything.No, NO, NO more....

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Steve in Southfield, Michigan

77 months ago

How much would a home care director of nursing make on average? I have to say that the previous salaries are quite low. An average floor nurse make more than that in Michigan, and we're still underpaid.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

bluestone

77 months ago

Amanda in Fort Smith, Arkansas said: If you are interested in travel in long term care you would make 40/hr on an assignment. We would put you up in housing, and supply your insurance. If you needed to fly we would also fund that and a rental car.

I didn't know Long term care had travel assignments. Is this amount only for DON, or for ADON as well?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

DONwannabe in Riverside, California

37 months ago

70K? 80K? more? How much does Home Health DON make in CA nowadays?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Ms, P in Lansdale, Pennsylvania

35 months ago

The going salary is 90 - 100 K in Philadelphia, Pa.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

X DON in Garden City, Kansas

34 months ago

Host said: What are typical director of nursing salaries? Do some companies pay a lot more for this position than others? What does a top earner make in this field?

I was makinkg 97,500.00 It is a
Long term Care facility in Kansas

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

nurse1997 in Mcallen, Texas

31 months ago

I am earning 82,000 asa nurse "supervisor" of a small branch 60 census, my boss is te DON so I assume she makes more than me. My job has much responsibility involved but it is done with a 40 hour week, and yes I do take my lunch break. I feel I'm very lucky and for what I do, I hardly feel underpaid.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

HANNAH in Houston, Texas

30 months ago

I make more than that as a bedside nurse, that is crazy

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

c_berry in Houston, Texas

23 months ago

That's why I'd rather stay a bedside nurse or open my own business to be a director in something like a group home. There is a real need for group homes.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.