blaclisted

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (4)

empirecaring1 in Huntington Station, New York

79 months ago

How is it best to handle being "blacklisted " by previous employer in spite of getting great performance evaluation over the course of employment at taht facility?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

HBS Services in Monsey, New York

76 months ago

empirecaring1 in Huntington Station, New York said: How is it best to handle being "blacklisted " by previous employer in spite of getting great performance evaluation over the course of employment at taht facility?

Hi,
I am sure there are other owners/administrators out there who may know your Employer and that just because he may say negative things about you - does not necessarily mean that they are true (chances are he has done this to others too) - and they may be willing to give you a shot. Please let me know if I can be of any help - we specialize in health care recruitment in NY. Thanks, Izzy Wolff -- izzy@hbspro.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

racynote in Wilmington, North Carolina

75 months ago

Does not help at all. In nursing homes this type of behavior is rampant. Is there any way to get them to correct or to discipline employee doing this. It is well known by adm. that she does this and now is in a position to interfere with job searches.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

mary in Beltsville, Maryland

75 months ago

In my opinion, the best way to handle this type of problem is to write a letter of concern to the company first. Specify the problem and state how this problem violates your right - slander. You may need to report the problem to the facility's administrator and copy the human resources director, that will get attention. However, be careful, you may be asked to validate your information.

Stress the employment law which prohibits another employer from offering negative feedback that prohibits earning a living. If that did not help, consult a legal counsel..

Good luck.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.