Starting out...

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (4)

Host

How did you get your start doing district manager work, and what career moves did you make to get to your current position?

Do you need a particular educational background?

Reply - Report abuse

Becky in Peachtree City, Georgia

78 months ago

I was a store manager in retail for 6 years and then decided to make a career path change to real estate. Once I got a property manager position, I earned my way to area manager and then to district manager.

Education is great but for me it was all about making the stores that I worked at or the properties that I ran a higher bottom line. ALL ABOUT RESULTS!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Eric

76 months ago

Host said: How did you get your start doing district manager work, and what career moves did you make to get to your current position?

Do you need a particular educational background?

I started off as a store manager and started helping out at other stores. I then found and trained new managers. I was then asked to help out in other states that is where I met the VP of ops. She was inpressed with my why of thinking out side the box.3 weeks later I was asked to become a DM in training and 12 years later I have worked for 2 large retail companies.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

DM free in Los Angeles, California

72 months ago

Words of advice for whatever they are worth...DON'T DO IT! I recently left the "DM" career after many many years. Want to lessen your lifespan? Pick a new career!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.