What are typical drafter salaries?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (4)

Host

Do some companies pay a lot more for this position than others? What does a top earner make in this field?

What skills should you learn to increase your salary?

Reply - Report abuse

Brock Herring in San Antonio, Texas

89 months ago

Im looking to go back to school for a 1 year certificate in drafting. Which field has the highest demand and potential for highest income (civil, architectural, topographical, structural, pipe, electrical). Any info would be great.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Arturo Dulaides in Miami, Florida

81 months ago

Iam structural designer/ Autocad with over thirty years experience.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

PETER in Stratford, Connecticut

79 months ago

Brock Herring in San Antonio, Texas said: Im looking to go back to school for a 1 year certificate in drafting. Which field has the highest demand and potential for highest income (civil, architectural, topographical, structural, pipe, electrical). Any info would be great.

I did the same as what you are planning to do. At age 55 I went back to school to do a complete career change. I took up Autocad for one year planning on getting into an architectural firm. Interviews here for architects were hard to come by. Ended up landing a job for an engineering firm doing HVAC drafting and design. The money is good and we keep busy. To answer your question I would go into engineering We always seem to be busy.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.