What are typical drafter salaries?

Comments (4)

Host

Do some companies pay a lot more for this position than others? What does a top earner make in this field?

What skills should you learn to increase your salary?

Brock Herring in San Antonio, Texas

94 months ago

Im looking to go back to school for a 1 year certificate in drafting. Which field has the highest demand and potential for highest income (civil, architectural, topographical, structural, pipe, electrical). Any info would be great.

Arturo Dulaides in Miami, Florida

85 months ago

Iam structural designer/ Autocad with over thirty years experience.

PETER in Stratford, Connecticut

84 months ago

Brock Herring in San Antonio, Texas said: Im looking to go back to school for a 1 year certificate in drafting. Which field has the highest demand and potential for highest income (civil, architectural, topographical, structural, pipe, electrical). Any info would be great.

I did the same as what you are planning to do. At age 55 I went back to school to do a complete career change. I took up Autocad for one year planning on getting into an architectural firm. Interviews here for architects were hard to come by. Ended up landing a job for an engineering firm doing HVAC drafting and design. The money is good and we keep busy. To answer your question I would go into engineering We always seem to be busy.

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.