CDL permit

Comments (51 to 100 of 147)
Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  Next »   Last »

timone in KNOXVILLE, Tennessee

75 months ago

anyone want to partner up with me in a 24 foot truck for expediting company

75 months ago

michaelr1975 in Des Moines, Iowa said: i have 4 months experince in tractor trailor..i cant find a job...i have a good driving record.....i have 10 years in expedite

i know what u mean u wanna do expediting again. i need a partner and dont care who it is at this point. if you wanna do this with me call me 843 461 five 899 tim ty

75 months ago

Mike in Miami, Florida said: Have a CDL B with Airbrakes already and have driving exp. Now I have a CDL A permit Looking for someone I can ride with to get some experience. all miles I drive go in your pocket all i want in turn is the Driving exp so i can take my test. Thanks
contact me at mikespect@hotmail.com

you wanna drive a straight truck with me in expediting goods it pays decent. call me 843 461 five 899 tim

75 months ago

lucy in newyork in brooklyn, New York said: I am a new comer in driving had my license 2years.
I just got my cdl permit an i would like a job driving.
Who would hirier me?
Who do i talk to?

what class cdl do u have

Corey in Chicago, Illinois

74 months ago

This is to Candy who is also from the Chi, I was wondering if you passed the test to get your permit? If not I would be glad to help you study for that. I have my permit but I just need to get a truck to take the pre-trip, skills and road test. I didn't know that out of state residents have to take the CDL tests all over again. (Thanks a lot George Ryan!!!) Also I would be willing to go over what you need to know for the driving test too. I believe in helping people especially now with the way the world is.

southernyankee45@yahoo.com in Gainesville, Florida

74 months ago

NO I HAVE MY CDL AND 15 YRS OF DRIVING,I WAS TRING TO HELP SOME ONE ELSE TO GET THEIR LIC. NO YOU DONT NEED TO TAKE THE TEST OVER IF YOU MOVE OUT OF STATE, IT IS A FED LIC NOT STATE ISUSED.... YOU MAY TO TAKE AN EYE TEST.. THAT THEY CAN DO...

73 months ago

Well southern yankee here in Illinois all out of state residents trying to get an Illinois CDL have to take all the tests over again. It is a new requirement because of the license for bribes scandal that our former secretary of state George Ryan was involved in. The license is good federally for travel but it IS state issued which is why you can only possess one from the state which you reside. I know this because I had a Wisconsin license before I moved to Illinois. If I had known that I had to take the tests over again I would have kept it but I didn't because you only get thirty days to switch all your information over. Now I have my permit but I need a truck to take the road test. Wisconsin said I can have my old CDL back but I have to prove that I live there which I don't. So that is the reason why I said all that to the young lady from Chicago.

eemailmeat@yahoo.com in Fort Dodge, Iowa

73 months ago

Im an ex driver with a perfect driving record and 7 years otr experience and looking for someone to help me out w/a truck to complete my cdl as i let my lic. go and have to retest,i have completed all written now just looking for "that" small company to put me to work.anyone help me out? email me or call 515-227-six405.my email is eemailmeat@yahoo.com thannks much....Joe

eemailmeat@yahoo.com in Fort Dodge, Iowa

73 months ago

dozer1977 in stevenson, Washington said: i go tomarrow to take my cdl permit. been studing for a couple of days was wondering how hard it is how many question and how long , my nerves are shot over this i need help!!

have u obtained ur cdl if not i can help u out.

SOUTHERNYANKEE45 in Beverly Hills, Florida

73 months ago

GOOOD LUCK HOPE U PASSED, THERE SHOULD VE BEEN ABOUT 75 - 100 ?.. IT WAS EZ I PASSED ALL OF THEM OVER A WEEKEND. AND I AM NOT BOOK SMART... DO U HAVE A JOB TO GO TOO??? IS THERE JOBS UP THAT WAY I LIVE IN FL, U CAN REACH ME AT SOUTHERNYANKEE46@YAHOO.COM IF YOU NEED HELP FINDING ON LET ME KNOW ILL POINT U IN THE RITE WAY... PAUL

SOUTHERNYANKEE45 in Beverly Hills, Florida

73 months ago

A FRIEND OF MINE DRIVES FOR AN O/O AND IS NOT GETING PAID IS THERE A WAY TO PUT A LEIN ON THE TRUCK ??? AND HOW DO YOU DO IT.??? DONT BLOW SMOKE IF YOU DON T KNOW... WHAT IS THE STATE STATU (CODE) FOR A POSS. LEIN?????
I WOULD NOT BE DRIVING FOR HIM EIRTHER BUT THAT IS NOT WHAT I AM ASKING????? THANKS
ALSO LOOKING FOR COMPANIES THAT ARE HIRING OUT OF OCALA, FL AREA W/FELNOY OVER 10 YEARS OLD, AND I HAVE MY T W I C CARD . THANKS

Candy in Chicago, Illinois

73 months ago

I do not know I live in Chicago, IL. I decided not to pursue the CDL because I do not have time and I am expecting a child but good luck on the research. Check out the DMV near you and they may know some helpful information.

72 months ago

If anyone knows who will hire a driver out of the Chicago area with just a class A permit and valid fed-med card PLEASE let me know. I need to get back to work BAD!!!.

southernyankee45 in Gainesville, Florida

72 months ago

Corey in Chicago, Illinois said: If anyone knows who will hire a driver out of the Chicago area with just a class A permit and valid fed-med card PLEASE let me know. I need to get back to work BAD!!!.

my bro works there and he drives 4 a comp. that has 3 letters on the door,like bgm express they just got 11 new trucks.. good luck

lookingforaride in Huntingdon, Pennsylvania

72 months ago

If I take my CDL skills test at a 3rd party without going to a CDL school will I be able to find a job without doing the hours that most company require?

lookingforaride in Huntingdon, Pennsylvania

72 months ago

Tommy in High Point, North Carolina said: I need some help....I have 3 DWI's on my record, the last being over 12 years ago. Who will hire someone with that kind of driving record? I just graduated from a trucking school here in NC. HELP

I think that going to be a hard task might wanted to find that out before you went to school. Most wont hire if you have more then 1 in a life time doesnt matter how long its been.

edj in Belleville, Illinois

71 months ago

I looking for a driving position with aany local company that will help me obtain CDLs. I have my permit and can drive but I no road experience. I live in Belleville Illinois and I willing to accept
half pay for the favor Im asking. You can email me at edj7125@gmail.com

Richard in Jasper, Alabama

65 months ago

I am looking for a trucking company that has a refresher course

Richard in Jasper, Alabama

65 months ago

Corey in Chicago, Illinois said: If anyone knows who will hire a driver out of the Chicago area with just a class A permit and valid fed-med card PLEASE let me know. I need to get back to work BAD!!!.

Try Pam Ttransport

Dusty in Melbourne, Florida

65 months ago

Stay away form US Express just spent 2 months fo hell with those people!

ltaylor in Newnan, Georgia

65 months ago

I have class A permit and in the next week scheduled for a two day class to train for pre-trip and road test. Need lead on what companies will hire with no OTR experience. Willing to go over the road and/or team up with someone for experience. Please contact me @hleetaylor@aol.com

southernyankee in Chiefland, Florida

64 months ago

Richard in Jasper, Alabama said: Try Pam Ttransport

B G SOMETHING IN SOMERLAND THEY HIRED SOMEONE I KNOW AND HE HAS WRACKED "" EVERY"" CAR OR TRUCK HE/SHE HAS ---E-V-E-R-DROVE SINCE 18 ...... AND FILP 2 OTR TRUCKS THEY STILL KEEP THIS PERSON ON... GOOD LUCK
PS THE ONLY OTHER WAY TO GET IN TO DRIVING IS ... I HATE TO SAY IT,CUZ I DONT LIKE TO DO IT!!!!! IS LIE.... YES GET A FRIEND WHO HAS A TRUCK,AND ASK THEM TO---L-I-E---EXECTP FOR THE LOG BOOKS..... FOR YOU WITH AT LEAST 6 MONTHS TO A YEAR, AND LEARN THE LOG BOOK AS IF YOU WAS DOING IT THAT LONG.. I HOPE THAT HELPS YOU AND OTHERS LOOKING TO GET INTO TRUCKING BUT REMEMBER THIS BECAREFUL WHAT YOU ASK FOR YOU MAY GET IT, AND THEN NOT WANT IT LATER ON.... IN FL

Richard McWhirter in Jasper, Alabama

64 months ago

can any one tell me where to go to get a job driveing a truck
i have been a driver for 20 years
i have a 2 years 8/2007 to 8/2009 i do not drive
how do i get back in it now

ryan in Lewisburg, Pennsylvania

64 months ago

hey bud im 19 had ccdl class a for a year. i don't know how old you r but if your not 21 you mis well forget it. For me to get my cdl i trained in a ford f350 pulling a 25 foot gooseneck.then i went to a cdl third party testor. they had there own truck,a single axle pendot truck automatic with a 16 ft trailer. can't get much easier than that. three hundred bucks. the reason i say orget companies is because of the insurance

64 months ago

Richard McWhirter in Jasper, Alabama said: can any one tell me where to go to get a job driveing a truck
i have been a driver for 20 years
i have a 2 years 8/2007 to 8/2009 i do not drive
how do i get back in it now

Hey Richard You need to find a training company prolly want to put you on training trk just to refresh. stay away from US Express those people havent figured how to get their heads out of you know where...

McIver in Morristown, New Jersey

64 months ago

I have an New Jersey State B Permit with a P/S. Is there any one out that can advise me on what to do?

shaan in Chicago, Illinois

63 months ago

HI I'M IN THE SAME SITUATION AND I ALSO LIVE IN CHICAGO. I WENT TO SOUTH HOLLAND AND GOT MY CLASS A PERMIT. DID U EVER FIND SOMEONE THAT WOULD LET U WORK WITH ONLY THE PERMIT? IF SO, PLEASE LET ME KNOW. MY EMAIL IS rplmaterial22@yahoo.com Thanks and God Bless

Luke in Chicago, Illinois

61 months ago

I am ready to take my General Knowledge written test, T&F test and Air brakes test and im confidant I'll pass. However I need to know how I can get some real road driving practice in after i have my permit so i can become more experienced before i take the skills and Pre- trip inspection test. I cant afford expensive driving schools. Il appricaiate any help or suggestions anyone can give. Or If someone was willing to give me lessons for reasonable rates I would seriously consider that.

61 months ago

Hi Luke you need to check with some of the trucking companys they will pay for your school as long as you complete a years contract with them Check CRST in Cedar Rapids they are a team company but that is not all bad you would have someone with you your first year out and I think they might be only have a 6 month contract. Good Luck

Luke in Chicago, Illinois

61 months ago

Dusty in Melbourne, Florida said: Hi Luke you need to check with some of the trucking companys they will pay for your school as long as you complete a years contract with them Check CRST in Cedar Rapids they are a team company but that is not all bad you would have someone with you your first year out and I think they might be only have a 6 month contract. Good Luck

Hey thanks Dusty! I will look into that option too. i guess its either that or rent a ryder truck for the test and to practice in!

gigs in New York, New York

61 months ago

NYUMAH M.BORBORDEE in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania said: IV HAVE A CLASS PARMATE,I WANT TO GET INTO TRUCK DRIVERING.

- U NEED 2 GET INTO SPELLALIN? SHHIT AINT NOONE GONNA HIRED YOU WITH GRAMMER LIKE THAT!!

LiLee420@aol.com in Charlotte, North Carolina

60 months ago

Hey fellas and if there are any ladies.

I Live in charlotte NC, and am currently attending truck driving school for class A. I am up for the road this week, a full week ahead of the people in my class mainly due to the fact that I had my permit before I started. I love to drive a rig, I used to drive a class A big Rig wrecker in SAV, GA. I want to get on the road bad so I am going about it in the right way. I have seen all these wrecks in the past involving trucks mainly due to tires blowing out, or truck failure. I have a speeding ticket on my record from april of 2009, and one from 2007. The one in 09 was 20 over, and was not classed as a reckless, with the fine only being 125.00. The one in 07 was listed at 15 over, fine of 175.00. The problem I am having is no one will touch me. I was honest with every recruiter on the phone with every company I have applied for. They have all shot me down. I want to know how they will take a convicted felon, over someone who has a speeding ticket in there past. Someone needs to sit me down and explain to me like I am a three year old, where the sense in that is. I understand that speeding is speeding, but what the f#$k. I have spent 3800.00 on the school, and my unemployment is running out, I have a family to feed, and the bills just keep pilling up. If anyone out there knows of a company, or a O/O who could use a 26 year old, white,5'10", 170lb, hard working guy from Charlotte. I would greatly appreciate it. I have never had a DUI, or anything on my criminal background. I am a member of the Iron Workers Union, and they wont even consider you if you have a bad criminal back ground. I just want the chance to work. I mean this is getting to the point of discrimination. If I had like a half dozen tickets in my lifetime for 20 over and have had my liscence taken from me multiple times for reckless driving I would not be complaining. I mean if someone with a DUI, or is a convicted Felon, can get a job then why the hell can't I???

toodiminamerica in Apache Junction, Arizona

60 months ago

LiLee420@aol.com in Charlotte, North Carolina said: Hey fellas and if there are any ladies.

I Live in charlotte NC, and am currently attending truck driving school for class A. I am up for the road this week, a full week ahead of the people in my class mainly due to the fact that I had my permit before I started. I love to drive a rig, I used to drive a class A big Rig wrecker in SAV, GA. I want to get on the road bad so I am going about it in the right way. I have seen all these wrecks in the past involving trucks mainly due to tires blowing out, or truck failure. I have a speeding ticket on my record from april of 2009, and one from 2007. The one in 09 was 20 over, and was not classed as a reckless, with the fine only being 125.00. The one in 07 was listed at 15 over, fine of 175.00. The problem I am having is no one will touch me. I was honest with every recruiter on the phone with every company I have applied for. They have all shot me down. I want to know how they will take a convicted felon, over someone who has a speeding ticket in there past. Someone needs to sit me down and explain to me like I am a three year old, where the sense in that is. I understand that speeding is speeding, but what the f#$k. I have spent 3800.00 on the school, and my unemployment is running out, I have a family to feed, and the bills just keep pilling up. If anyone out there knows of a company, or a O/O who could use a 26 year old, white,5'10", 170lb, hard working guy from Charlotte. I would greatly appreciate it. I have never had a DUI, or anything on my criminal background. I am a member of the Iron Workers Union, and they wont even consider you if you have a bad criminal back ground. I just want the chance to work. I mean this is getting to the point of discrimination. If I had like a half dozen tickets in my lifetime for 20 over and have had my liscence taken from me multiple times for reckless driving I would not be complaining. I mean if someone with a DUI, or is a

60 months ago

From what I have observed on many blog sites is few business's are hiring felons these days. Even people w/ misdemeanors are having a hard time finding employment. I'm assuming that they are holding the speeding tickets against you because they are relatively recent and are directly related to your job. Just because a person has a felony, does not mean it will negatively impact their job. Are you sure they are "shooting you down" because of the speeding tickets? Maybe they just don't have the work right now. It's possible- bad market right now.

mike in Huntingdon, Pennsylvania

60 months ago

toodiminamerica in Apache Junction, Arizona said:

Its gonna be tough without experience and all those tickets. But you got too remember there still alot of people out there without jobs ,so these companies these days can pick and choice who they want. And what they want is someone they can put on there insurance its not so much the companies as its the insurance companies who control the ticket situation .Do you have points? if so try to get them removed! what ever you do dont lie about having the tickets believe its not hard for them too find out and will only get your application sh*t can. 20 - 15 over is alot and I know it was in your personal vehical but they see that as you speeding in there truck which cost 100k. If you had a Porsche Carrera GT would want someone speeding in it dont know? You best bet is to go in face too face.

LiLee420@aol.com in Charlotte, North Carolina

60 months ago

Toddiminamerica,

Listen to how this sounds, A company would rather take someone with a bad criminal history, rather than a guy that had a few speeding tickets in his personal vehicle. I asked what the deal was, and that is what they told me. I had one from a year and a half ago. It was speeding, and I was not the only one that was ticketed. They pulled us all over. I am going to work here in a couple of weeks, got approved by a company in Arkansas. All I am saying is that there is a difference in driving your car and an 80,000 lb Truck, companies should recognize that. When you are " at work" you are being concious of what you are driving, I very rarely exceed the posted limit unless it is needed to avoid a hazard, or to pass a slower vehicle. I have had a run of bad luck, and to tell you the truth, for the judgment to come down on me from speeding tickets is just ridiculous, and quite frankly borderline discrimination.

60 months ago

LiLee420@aol.com in Charlotte, North Carolina said: Toddiminamerica,

Listen to how this sounds, A company would rather take someone with a bad criminal history, rather than a guy that had a few speeding tickets in his personal vehicle. I asked what the deal was, and that is what they told me. I had one from a year and a half ago. It was speeding, and I was not the only one that was ticketed. They pulled us all over. I am going to work here in a couple of weeks, got approved by a company in Arkansas. All I am saying is that there is a difference in driving your car and an 80,000 lb Truck, companies should recognize that. When you are " at work" you are being concious of what you are driving, I very rarely exceed the posted limit unless it is needed to avoid a hazard, or to pass a slower vehicle. I have had a run of bad luck, and to tell you the truth, for the judgment to come down on me from speeding tickets is just ridiculous, and quite frankly borderline discrimination.

I agree w/ you. Our system is not perfect and that is what I try to convey on these sites. It is up to us as citizens to change the laws. But in order to do that we have to apply common sense to the law. It has gotten way too black and white. For instance- a couple gets into a fight. The woman catches a man lieing about something, the wife suspects that he's been cheating- she flips out and starts throwing things. He grabs her to try and calm her down...she calls the police and says he was roughing her up...because @ this point she is angry and is not thinking very clearly. He is arrested, because they feel obligated to arrest someone...because of so many domestic violence crimes ending in someone dying. Well, his life is essentially ruined. People will judge him for the rest of his life, his career may be over, not to mention the social stigma. This kind of thing happens all the time. I know because I worked in a law enforcement occupation. It happens- sad as it is.

60 months ago

VRose in Belle Glade, Florida said: yes sir, and I did not finish reading this one either, once you said criminal, I stopped reading, thought it was pointless.
you must be high or something.

oh yea thats cute, piss off, btw, im going to work
now, how about you...? and you hit it on the nail
criminal, what comes around goes around, and people
wonder why they can not find work after choosing a life
of crime, why wont anyone accept me in soceity, oh cry
baby cry...

You're a little ignorant about the facts aren't ya? Just because a person has been arrested and convicted of a crime/crimes, does not mean that they have been living a "life of crime." Are you telling me that you have NEVER broken a criminal law (misdemeanor or felony)- never put your hands on someone in a violent way (pushing, slapping, throwing something at them), never did an illegal substance, never drove under the influence of something, never took something that was not yours, never got a little too drunk in a public place???? I knew someone who was at a concert in the park, got a little tanked and decided to pee behind a bush. There were a couple of little girls on the other side of the bush. He was arrested for a lewd and lacivious act on a minor. He was just taking a wiz for gods sake. But he had no money, he was a college student, and was only 20 yrs. old. I hope you never make a mistake and have someone report you, and have an overzealous prosecutor- trying to "get tough on crime." Must be nice it that ivory tower you live in.

mekias in Washington, District of Columbia

59 months ago

i have my cdl permit i realy need help with traing pleas any body help me thank you

J R mikoleit in Azle, Texas

58 months ago

I just got my CDL permit and need ahand getting started , Im not a green horn i grew up in the front seat of my dads truck.Ive driven his truck and driven strait jobs ,all im asking for is someone to take a chance in me please.I will even sign a note of intent to work for what ever , you help me and ill help you. Thanks JIM Mikoleit

Jr Galloway in Houston, Texas

58 months ago

I just got my CDL A permit yesterday and need some help on getting started, I have some experience driving straight trucks, and tow trucks. But just not 18 wheelers. Will companies hire drivers with CDL A permit?? If so, where do i look? Or can i work with someone that has truck already to get loads to destination faster?? Thanks JR.

GioGio

56 months ago

I need some help, I'm 24 and looking to get my cdl but I've had some speeding tickets in the past. Will this affect me? I live in pa please help. Thanks

LUCKYMAN in LAFAYETTE, Indiana

54 months ago

I LIVE IN LAFAYETTE,IN AN JUST GOT MY CDL CLASS A PERMIT AN I CANT FIND A JOB TO MAKE MONEY TO TAKE MY DRIVING TEST AN NOW I FEEL STUCK HELP ANYONE

John in Bella Vista, Arkansas

54 months ago

mike in Mesa, Arizona said: i have had a dui for little over a year and a half i have my cdl back but is there any hope for me to drive for anyone again?

Good Luck Mike with the new csa regs its going to be toygh unless you know somebody

brian in Ventnor City, New Jersey

53 months ago

from south jersey i have on a valid permit to practice, i have airbrakes tanker, and passenger, but have no road experience cant afford school need help. willing to work for a company that will take me on as a trainee. pleasantville nj

brian in Ventnor City, New Jersey

53 months ago

from south jersey i have a valid permit to practice, i have airbrakes tanker, and passenger, but have no road experience cant afford school need help. willing to work for a company that will take me on as a trainee. pleasantville nj

NEWSTART in Rockford, Illinois

53 months ago

yes sure

NEWSTART in Rockford, Illinois

53 months ago

OMG V ROSE THAT IS JUST SO SAD THAT YOU THINK LIKE THAT,ITS BECAUSE PPL LIKE YOU THAT MOST CRIMINALS HAVE TO GO BACK TO THE LIFE OF CRIME BECAUSE THEY CANT GET A SECOND CHANCE BECAUSE OF PEOPLE LIKE YOU,DONT GET ME WRONG I HATE CRIME I BEEN THRU IT IVE LIVED THRU 2 WARS IVE LIVED THRU THE LIFE OF CRIME I BEEN THRU HELL BUT THANKS GOD I DONE CHANGED MY LIFE BEFORE I MESSED IT UP TO MUCH, I AM 23 YEARS OLD AND I HAVE ALWAYS WANTED TO DRIVE A BIG RIG I JUST GOT MY PERMIT AND I AM STARTING DRIVING SCHOOL MONDAY BUT THANKS GOD THAT I HAVE MONEY AND I DONT HAVE TO ASK NO AS**OLE LIKE YOU FOR HELP I PAID FOR MY SCHOOL CASH AND I ALSO GOT A LOT OF CASH FOR THE DOWN PAYMENT ON MY NEW RIG AND I ALSO HAVE A FELONY TOO I HOPE IT MAKES U FEEL GOOD TO KNOW THAT AN EX CRIMINAL A FELON GOT MORE MONEY THEN YOU DO AND IN THE NEXT COUPLE MONTHS YOULL SEE ME ON THE ROAD IN A RIG TEN TIMES BETTER THEN YOUR COMPANY TRUCK AS**OLE AND NEVER SAY NEVER YOU DONT KNOW IF YOUR KID IS GOING TO BE A CRIMINAL TOMOROW SO THINK BEFORE YOU SAY SOMETHING U DONT KNOW WHAT TOMOROW MITE BRING BUT AS LONG AS YOUR NOT A SEC OFFENDER MURDERER OR A BANK ROBER YOU SHOULD GET A SECOND CHANCE IN LIFE MAN AND TO THE GUY WHO ASKED FOR HELP I WISH YOU ALL THE BEST BROTHER MY E MAILS HERE YOU NEED HELP LET ME KNOW I WILL HELP YOU!!!

Ron in Lafayette, Louisiana

53 months ago

i just got my cdl permit . i don't have a truck . i want to drive a truck , but i have a backgroung . will i still be able to get a job somewhere

Ron in Lafayette, Louisiana

53 months ago

i just got my cdl permit . i don't have a truck . i want to drive a truck , but i have a background. will i still be able to get a job somewhere

Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.