Driver with arrest record, but no conviction

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (16)

nightstalker in Baltimore, Maryland

85 months ago

I was arrested for possession of drugs approx. 6 months ago and received probation before judgement which technically means that I was not convicted of a
crime as long as abide by the conditions of my probation. Does anybody know if my arrest will affect my ability to find another driving job? I have a clean driving record:no accidents,no dui, no fines.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

k in Baltimore, Maryland

82 months ago

everybody does background checks these days ...they even background check you to sweep crap out of the streets , which i applied for yesterday this is sad times for everyone

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

E in Newark, Delaware

79 months ago

You will have to expunge your record. It costs about $75 and it can be a pain to get done. It takes a lot of effort, but it is well worth it. The entire process takes about 2 months to complete. Good luck!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

cbleads in Jacksonville, Florida

79 months ago

If you were arrested and have probation you were convicted. Probation is a part of conviction. You may want to look your case over more carefully. Probation is a part of sentencing. You can not be sentenced to probation without cause. If you were not convicted you would not have probation.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

Joe Jackson in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

78 months ago

How many people here understand the criminal system? not many...try NONE
A probation before judgement is a pbj and is NOT a conviction. Please call CJIS and have yourself checked correctly. Any arrest with a conviction will be on your record 3 years before you can have it expunged. Most background checks do NOT pull up arrests w/o a conviction.
Stay clean, hang in there, be positive and you'll be ok. Do not listen to people who know nothing about what you went through.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (28) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

rs2crat in Mountain View, California

76 months ago

tamiru in Addis Abeba, Ethiopia said: no more no less.

Hey do what you have to and handle your life. There judging you for being honest. Dont let anyone put you down. Im sure everyone fell on there face and manage to get it together.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

tibbar9591@yahoo.com in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania

73 months ago

E in Newark, Delaware said: You will have to expunge your record. It costs about $75 and it can be a pain to get done. It takes a lot of effort, but it is well worth it. The entire process takes about 2 months to complete. Good luck!

where to get more information about expunging your records for $75.00

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

MJ in Warrington, Pennsylvania

41 months ago

Joe Jackson in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania said: How many people here understand the criminal system? not many...try NONE
A probation before judgement is a pbj and is NOT a conviction. Please call CJIS and have yourself checked correctly. Any arrest with a conviction will be on your record 3 years before you can have it expunged. Most background checks do NOT pull up arrests w/o a conviction.
Stay clean, hang in there, be positive and you'll be ok. Do not listen to people who know nothing about what you went through.

Not true - there are a lot of background check companies out there that just pull information from public databases. In many cases, the information is not refreshed or updated. So, an arrest could show up on your background check, even though a conviction did not occur. This can potentially still sway a company's perception of you, even though legally they are not supposed to hold that against you since a conviction did not occur. It's simply a quick response of, "We have reviewed your credentials and decided to pursue another candidate who more closely meets with our needs." I have 2 friends who work in HR who confirmed this with me. It sucks, but unfortunately the system is not perfect. It is best to try to get anything that will negatively impact you expunged, if possible.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

MJ in Warrington, Pennsylvania

41 months ago

Joe Jackson in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania said: How many people here understand the criminal system? not many...try NONE

Not true - there are a lot of background check companies out there that just pull information from public databases. In many cases, the information is not refreshed or updated. So, an arrest could show up on your background check, even though a conviction did not occur. This can potentially still sway a company's perception of you, even though legally they are not supposed to hold that against you since a conviction did not occur. It's simply a quick response of, "We have reviewed your credentials and decided to pursue another candidate who more closely meets with our needs." I have 2 friends who work in HR who confirmed this with me. It sucks, but unfortunately the system is not perfect. It is best to try to get anything that will negatively impact you expunged, if possible.

tibbar9591 in Carlisle, Pennsylvania

40 months ago

if you are looking for expungment of your criminal record in pa it takes 7 years i live in harrisburg the state capital look it up at the state law library no matter misdemeanor or felony

yu in Snellville, Georgia

29 months ago

cbleads in Jacksonville, Florida said: If you were arrested and have probation you were convicted. Probation is a part of conviction. You may want to look your case over more carefully. Probation is a part of sentencing. You can not be sentenced to probation without cause. If you were not convicted you would not have probation.

that ts not the case

billy bob in Coupeville, Washington

21 months ago

charged with domestic violence. it was not, neighbor called, wife did not want anything to happen. kids are involved and wife is the agressor. been going on for a long time. can't leave due to financial reasons, can't stay due to emotional reasons. wife is abusive...i know, no one believes that. have two wonderful little babies in the mix. i have counseled, lawyered, ministered, and asked for all to help with no finality. all of the pros have told me to, "leave immediately". i couldn't let those kids be in contact with this. Father-in-law told me to "take the kids and leave." I can't take care of them unless i have help....don't know what to do

scottm068

21 months ago

billy bob in Coupeville, Washington said: charged with domestic violence. it was not, neighbor called, wife did not want anything to happen. kids are involved and wife is the agressor. been going on for a long time. can't leave due to financial reasons, can't stay due to emotional reasons. wife is abusive...i know, no one believes that. have two wonderful little babies in the mix. i have counseled, lawyered, ministered, and asked for all to help with no finality. all of the pros have told me to, "leave immediately". i couldn't let those kids be in contact with this. Father-in- law told me to "take the kids and leave." I can't take care of them unless i have help....don't know what to do

I was in the same position, wife was alcoholic abuser to me. They dont just look at convictions anymore. They have a new code for the female human resource workers if its reduced. Disorderly conduct is the new code word for them to see you have had some kind of domestic violence thing. SInce the human resource depts are predominantly female men who were basically set up by by their female abuser spouse or girlfriend are screwed until they retrain female human resource workers to not discriminate against men.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

scottm068

21 months ago

nightstalker in Baltimore, Maryland said: I was arrested for possession of drugs approx. 6 months ago and received probation before judgement which technically means that I was not convicted of a
crime as long as abide by the conditions of my probation. Does anybody know if my arrest will affect my ability to find another driving job? I have a clean driving record:no accidents,no dui, no fines.

Human resource women are not only looking at convictions anymore...they look at arrest records which are all over the place..They are supposed to ignore this stuff and not hold it against you but they do...Arrest records are just as public as convictions...

Angela in Ambler, Pennsylvania

7 months ago

E in Newark, Delaware said: You will have to expunge your record. It costs about $75 and it can be a pain to get done. It takes a lot of effort, but it is well worth it. The entire process takes about 2 months to complete. Good luck!

$75 dollars where?? Cost me $500

jon in Ormond Beach, Florida

7 days ago

You can honestly answer no because you were not convicted. I am in the same boat for a dui charge and it is truly deemed not a conviction.

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.