Have premit for CDL license and need help in getting CDL license

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (51 to 94 of 94)
Page:  « Previous   1  2   

ezayinc@gmail.com in Windsor Mill, Maryland

39 months ago

Sorry, to learn of your dismay. Are you still seeking employment?

Carla Barrett

joey1979 in Brandywine, Maryland said: I also was convicted in 2002 and am havin hard time finding employment or help with CDL training i have CLass A permit and CLass B CDL X endorsement but everyone sees that felony on your record and it is oh no let's go to the next app. I don't understand the discrimination of X felons. we are human and i can't understand none of this I have a wife and 2 kids to support and have been unemployed for 4 months Walmart or McDonalds won't even hire me. I have no clue what's wrong. I have been searching everywhere here in Md. Dump Truck jobs concrete truck jobs nothing no hire. I know alot is this recession but still is someone out there who can help?? I am straightening my life out and no one gives us credit i have been off probation for almost 4 years but no one wants to think we have changed. If you agree let's do something about this discrimination. They say it isn't but we know it is, why else are we unemployed?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (14) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

timhill28 in Charlotte, North Carolina

31 months ago

If anyone need help on getting a job e-mail me timhill28@yahoo.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

31 months ago

biggeorge in Washington, District of Columbia said: Dude,good point, however, it's more dynamic than that. Employers know they can take advantage of ex-cones because they know it's hard to find another job. Most other companies won't hire felons because if their own customers find out they have ex-cons working for them. THey may lose business. IT's all b.s and a game. You have to keep on fighting.

CALL ME IF YOU HAVE NO POINTS ON LICENSE

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

teklu in Irvington, New Jersey

31 months ago

Dave said: I would recomend looking at the companies that offer recruit driver training , Like Stevens Transport, CR England, JB Hunt, Schnieder to name a few. Theres a ton of them out there. They will either conduct the training with you at thei facilities or pay for the training at a school if you agree to work for them for "x" amount of time. All four of the above comapnies are good starter companies. The best training being with schnieder as they have a skid pad so you can experiance a jack knife (in a controlled environment) first hand.

I have CDL A & P, Can you tell me who can hire me?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

forgetlogic in Jamaica, New York

31 months ago

ea

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

31 months ago

yes L L trucking out of charlotte NC e-mail timhill28@yahoo.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

31 months ago

Michel McCoy in Sumter, South Carolina said: I have my cdl permit. I need to work to pay mortgage and can't afford to go to school. Is there a trucking company that will let me work while driving with company?
I may can help you id your CDL is clean timhill28@yahoo.com

L L TRUCKING

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

31 months ago

joey1979 in Brandywine, Maryland said: I also was convicted in 2002 and am havin hard time finding employment or help with CDL training i have CLass A permit and CLass B CDL X endorsement but everyone sees that felony on your record and it is oh no let's go to the next app. I don't understand the discrimination of X felons. we are human and i can't understand none of this I have a wife and 2 kids to support and have been unemployed for 4 months Walmart or McDonalds won't even hire me. I have no clue what's wrong. I have been searching everywhere here in Md. Dump Truck jobs concrete truck jobs nothing no hire. I know alot is this recession but still is someone out there who can help?? I am straightening my life out and no one gives us credit i have been off probation for almost 4 years but no one wants to think we have changed. If you agree let's do something about this discrimination. They say it isn't but we know it is, why else are we unemployed?

HEY JOEY!
IN BRANDYWINE MARYLAND SEND YOUR INFO TO
TIMHILL28@YAHOO.COM
L L TRUCKING

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

31 months ago

youragent in Durham, North Carolina said: I have my CDL permit, is there anyone who can teach me how to drive a truck in order to pass the road test to obtain my CDLs?

I CAN HELP E-MAIL ME YOUR PHONE #

TIMHILL28@YAHOO.COM

HIRING IN. NC SC VA TN GA

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

bhankins

31 months ago

I have my permit for my cdl I just having trouble getting a truck and a trl to take my pre trip and my driving test can anyone help me I am in the quad cities area in IL....

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Charles Davis in Chicago, Illinois

30 months ago

I recently obtained my CDL Permit I have to retake the Driving portion of the test again in 30 days. I'm looking for a Truck Owner who would like to let me join him on some trips where I can drive to get more experience, pay is open for discussion, and also take me to the DMV to obtain my CDL I'm very reliable and dependable and actually a good driver is it someone out there who can help with that or steer me in a good direction to go?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

shortie22 in Tallassee, Alabama

28 months ago

i have a class A cdl permit and i got accepted to a six week program to get my Lincses but idk who would hire me because i have 3big speeding tickets can any1 help me i have a daughter to support.

bhankins in Rock Island, Illinois

28 months ago

It depends on how long ago you got your speeding tickets. Most trucking companies go back 3-5 years if it has been longer than that you should be good dont go to con-way trucking though they go back 10 years

KevinG in Ames, Iowa

27 months ago

I actually did not go to school. I was going to...but tried this site...and actually passed my CDL Test:

<a href="test-cdl.com">CDL Practice Test</a>

carlmaxwell70@yahoo.com in Southampton, Pennsylvania

25 months ago

bhankins said: I have my permit for my cdl I just having trouble getting a truck and a trl to take my pre trip and my driving test can anyone help me I am in the quad cities area in IL....

Find someone with a CDL A class license. Ask friends family members or anyone close to you that may know someone reliable that has Class A that can help you pass and drive with you for test. You can rent a truck, and a trailer from companies that supply both. Research. Read your states Commercial Drivers Book from the DMV. STUDY. To pass your pre-trip and get tips from the person driving with you. Go over it over and over in your mind and in practice. You don't need a school to acquire you Class A license...I don't care who tells you different. Get your head out of your a@%... You can do this...!! A little tip....rent a flatbed if you can...it's easier to take the actual road test. Good Luck...hope this helps at least one person. And also I see alot of comments regarding felonies and misdemeanors...apply to your local state government (state reps office) for forms to expunge any prior felonies and or charges. This will give you a provisional pardon....cmon people....THINK!!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No Reply - Report abuse

carlmaxwell70@yahoo.com in Southampton, Pennsylvania

25 months ago

Find someone with a CDL A class license. Ask friends family members or anyone close to you that may know someone reliable that has Class A that can help you pass and drive with you for test. You can rent a truck, and a trailer from companies that supply both. Research. Read your states Commercial Drivers Book from the DMV. STUDY. To pass your pre-trip and get tips from the person driving with you. Go over it over and over in your mind and in practice. You don't need a school to acquire you Class A license...I don't care who tells you different. Get your head out of your a@%... You can do this...!! A little tip....rent a flatbed if you can...it's easier to take the actual road test. Good Luck...hope this helps at least one person. And also I see alot of comments regarding felonies and misdemeanors...apply to your local state government (state reps office) for forms to expunge any prior felonies and or charges. This will give you a provisional pardon....cmon people....THINK!!!! The above is for those who are ready for the next step after acquiring your permit with endorsements...

asm91484 in Conyers, Georgia

25 months ago

i have my permit im in conyers,ga looking for a way to practice some on the truck passed pretrip just need to get my license now anyone help me out let me know

lisa shaw in Mobile, Alabama

24 months ago

I have a permit.I am looking for a company will train me and let me work with them that has patience

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Alex in Brooklyn, New York

23 months ago

I have a permit CDL(NY) but i'm must to move to the other state(WA), my permit is valid for get a license?

donna in Ocean View, New Jersey

23 months ago

I have my cdl permit class b with a passenger endorsement. I need help with getting my actual license. Is there anyone that can help me out with that and possibly a job after getting it?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Trina in Columbus, Ohio

22 months ago

I have my cdl a.permit and I need help get my license I have a little experience someone please help I need a job asap thank u.

Buni in Springfield, Missouri

21 months ago

Can someone tell me how to get my previous comment off of here? He passed and got his CDL...got hired and all that.

adam in Bridgeport, Connecticut

21 months ago

socialworker in Watertown, Connecticut said: there is a program that states offer to get your criminal history erased if you have stayed out of trouble for 5 years for a felony or 3 years for a misdemeanor.. Or if you are looking for it just for employment purposes, there is a provisional pardon that you can apply for.. Hope that this helps!

You're dumber than a pile of rocks. There's no such program in CT.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Olessthan in Lehigh Acres, Florida

21 months ago

I have my CDL permit with all the endorsement.Except,the hazmat!I do have a felony for a b-b gun and it has nothing to do with me.After a public defender used me for it.Good for him that I did not know the law...I would like to know is there any company out there who will hire me while trying to get my regular license.

Dasjojesek

20 months ago

Right when I got out,the Marine Corps sent me to a truck driving school n FL where I did everything required to obtain my CDL. Because I am not a FL resident I was told I had to go to my home state TX and show proof that I passed all the tests given by an accredited school I would be issued my CDL. Now the DMV here in TX is telling me I have to re-take all written and skills test all over again and rent a truck. It doesnt make sense. My papers are official documents and Accepted by the state of FL. Is there a way to get my license without doing exams again? Any advice would help

CDL Rental

20 months ago

If it has been longer than the 90 days you must complete all your written test as well as your road test over. There could be other circumstances involved in which they told you to take all the tests again. If you would like to check out our website and call me, I will be happy to try and help in anyway I can, together maybe we will be able to figure this out.

Thank You,
CDL Rental

www.cdlrentaltx.com

MRFORENSIC in Courtland, Mississippi

20 months ago

Kentrucky in Lexington, Kentucky said: I had a heart transplant in 1999 and have recently been cleared by transplant cardiologist to drive commercially. I was driving (class B)before I got sick in 1996. I've applied to every school out there and have been turned down due to them not being able to place me. I've applied to all the company training carriers with pretty much same results. I realize lack of recent work experience is a factor,but some companies considered my college work. Basically, what it comes down to is they try and find a way to make the transplant disqualify me according to their policy. I was working with Swift and did all the pre academy things (Got DOT med card,passed their online CDL training,and got permit). Had Academy date for 3/22 and now I'm told they want to review the paperwork Doc submitted(heard that song and dance before). I'm 45 and know I can outwork a good number of drivers out there today. Anyone out there who wants to train a competent drug free hard working individual send me an email. Get me off Social Security and back to work as a functional member of society!

they doing me the same way cause im on disabilty i tried every school the go from get a pre-hire before i come to getting a co-signer to get a letter from disabilty showing what im on there for when disabilty want tell me why im on or write the letter

pamfields66@yahoo.com in Xenia, Ohio

15 months ago

I obtained my Cdl in 2001. I only have 3 months experience in a tractor trailer driving from Jacksonville Fla. to Seattle Wa. prior to that I drove straight trucks running expedited freight for about 3 years and prior to that drove straight truck making local deliveries and prior to that I was driving a full size van making local and long distance deliveries.But now everyone wants recent experience. To me its like riding a bicycle. You may need to brush up on the log books and things like but you don't forget. Any suggestions?

Jeeves

14 months ago

I am looking for a commercial truck driver (18 wheeler) that will give me some
input about getting a CDL lic. for Alabama as $2,500 is a lot to spend on a chance.
E-mail (gregls4856@yahoo.com) a phone number or some input on how hard is the test
and if I fail once can it be taken again and how many times without paying another 2,500.

Thank you Greg

me in Kansas City, Kansas

14 months ago

Michel McCoy in Sumter, South Carolina said: I have my cdl permit. I need to work to pay mortgage and can't afford to go to school. Is there a trucking company that will let me work while driving with company?

Any luck finding anything? Am in the same boatingt

rebeccaruth1978 in Rockford, Illinois

14 months ago

Hi.im from Rockford.IL. I need someone to teach me to drive a semi so I can pass my cdl road test. I already have my Class A permit. I have a clean driving record. Please let me know. My email is rebeccaruth1978@yahoo.com

Jim in Charleston, West Virginia

12 months ago

Look, having a CDL Permit isn't the only thing you need. Learn logging, map planning, all the DOT rules on the hours. The following are the hour rules you need to know. 10 hour, 11 hour, 14 hour, 70 hour, some companies the 60 hour and the 34 hour rule. If you need to learn these find some way of learning them. The less that a company has to teach you the better chance you have. I only have a permit myself but I know everything else that a CDL Licensed driver should know.

Jim seems like a douchebag in WV in Wallburg, North Carolina

7 months ago

HOW DO YOU KNOW WHAT COMPANIES WANT IF YOU HAVE YOUR PERMIT TOO AND DONT WORK FOR A COMPANY YET..so whay you know some rules..can u drive??? i hope so because from my first impression you are annoying and people are going to get tired of your stupid mouth real quick...but you knew that....because u know everything

George in Glenolden, Pennsylvania

7 months ago

I'm a automobile mechanic applying for a govt job which requires a CDL A or B license.

I've researched the testing process in PA. and was hoping to take it without attending a school.

Looking for an independent owner who needs a hand in exchange for some driving experience.

I would also pay you for the use of your truck and your time to accompany me to the testing site.

Thanks for reading.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

George in Glenolden, Pennsylvania

7 months ago

I should have mentioned I'm testing for the CDL B class.

James T in Norfolk, Virginia

4 months ago

I need help finding or renting a Class A truck for the DMV test. Please help. I have my Class A permit with all endorsements including my TWIC card and DOT medical card. Email: jdollainc@cs.com

Big R

4 months ago

If you have a Texas CDL permit then you should look at this website www.cdlrentaltx.com. They rented me a truck and gave me some training in the truck that I used for my test. The truck is really sweet, and the instructors treat you right.

JMTodd in Licking, Missouri

4 months ago

My husband has 2 years experience in driving but it was back in the nineties. he lost his license over an accident that was not his fault the guy who hit him took it to court in his county for 3 times and lost so he then took it to saint Louis and won because my husband did not know he had to be there so he lost his license he has recently went and gotten his cdl A permit and had a trucking company that was going to hire him and was letting him use his truck to do skills test but he recently has decided he does not want to help us so we need to know where he can get a truck to take the CDL A skills test because he already knows how to drive he thought of doing a refresher course and get them but they say that he needs to have CDL to do refresher any ideas and also who will hire without recent experience?

Georgeario Dawson in Downingtown, Pennsylvania

4 months ago

Not surr about MO but in NC you can take the cdl test at training school for 600 using their truck...call around to the schools and ask how much to just take the test...gl

Ashley in Greenville, South Carolina

2 months ago

To Georgeario Dawson, can you tell me more about where in NC?
We're is SC and my husband got notice from Lockheed Martin, where he works, that he is being laid-off starting 2-28-2014. That also happens to be his birthday, nice gift huh? Anyway, since decent paying jobs are scarce around here and he's wanted to drive big trucks for many years anyway, he's planning on getting his CDL. We're just not sure of the best way to go about doing it yet.
He is the one who brings in the steady income so we can't go long without an income and unemployment isn't going to be enough to pay our bills. Our local Tech school has a nine-week training course but it (if there is even an available spot in the next class) won't end until 5-1-2014, so that's already 2 months of no job.
He's a fast learner, and I wish there was a way for an experienced driver to take him out and teach him what he needs to know from someone who knows what it's really like to drive not sit in a class, once he gets his permit of course, and take him to the DMV so he has a truck to take the road test.
My step-dad did long-haul until around 10 years ago but since then became insulin dependent diabetic so he had to give up his CDL. I'm kind of in panic mode trying to get all the suggestions I can get. Time goes by so fast so we're trying to find the quickest way to get him where he needs to be to start making a decent pay check after the end of this month.

Thank you so much to anyone who can offer any suggestions. --Ashley

CDL Truck Rental Services in West Chicago, Illinois

1 month ago

If you're looking to get your class "A" CDL license in Illinois and don't wanna spend thousands of dollars and waste 4 to 6 weeks of your life (and sometimes more) going to a truck driving school, then check us out at www.CDLTRS.com or email us at CDLHELP@yahoo.com ... We can help you take control of your future!!!

billy maurer in Milledgeville, Georgia

24 days ago

i have my cdl permit and need to take the test to get my cdl licens does anyone in the georgia area know where i can rent a truck to do this???

Edwin F in Marshall, Missouri

18 hours ago

Hi to everybody i live in marshall Mo AREA looking for some help i just have my CDL CLASS A PERMIT trying to get a job in the driving industry but it look like hard, i till don't give up can someone help me to get a job while a get training to get my cdl l please help me ,,,...

Edwin F in Marshall, Missouri

18 hours ago

timhill28 in Charlotte, North Carolina said: yes L L trucking out of charlotte NC e-mail timhill28@yahoo.com

HI how r u, do u have something in marshall mo area please let me no.. i have cdl class a permit

Page:  « Previous   1  2   

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.